When did “nerd culture” start to become cool on television and in movies...

When did “nerd culture” start to become cool on television and in movies? Must have happened somewhere around 2010-ish right? Certainly not before 2005.

Attached: 627D6C4D-F82A-477E-B6B5-452BA693EEB0.png (720x685, 150.25K)

Attached: 51NG-BKEcTL._AC_UX385_.jpg (385x574, 22.32K)

Attached: 5FDAE252-A477-4786-938D-E5576BA503FB.jpg (231x244, 16.18K)

Imagine going 10 or 20 years back in time and telling the average person that in the future people brag about their self-diagnosed "mental illnesses"

They will do this to anything to squeeze one single drop of male attention out of it.

Constant Star Wars references started in at least the mid-90s.

the big bang theory is when

Women truly are the niggers of the genders

TBBT sure helped push nerd culture.

>everything has been hollowed out

Nerd culture was hollow to begin with, cope.

Attached: CPPRbXtUAAAbgzz.jpg (495x495, 25.48K)

I hate "autistic" women
no normal autist gives a shit if you say "autistic person" or "person with autism" but these attention whores with no better things to do pretend it's extremely offensive and one step away from eugenics

AHEM...
I hate women

Attached: 1537192097051.jpg (334x334, 70.06K)

>NO I WAS AUTISTIC FIRST :(
the fucking state of white men

middle 80s

Attached: revenge of the nerds.jpg (1284x856, 964.41K)

Original “nerd culture” was hard science fiction, tabletop games, medieval culture and history, and especially military history, which directly paved the way of early and later video games mostly being from these settings (including many tabletop game mechanics), supported by a lot of tv shows like early star trek and dr who, and most of these guys were engineers, physicists, phd students and alike with shared common interests. Not everyone is a pleb like you. “Nerd culture” was not whatever corporations shit out the previous week.

>tfw i'm booger
I'll never make it will I bros

holy fuck what an incel
imagine gatekeeping pop culture yikes

I fucking love autistic girls, bros!

Attached: CP3vzGWXAAE-IyM.jpg (768x1024, 107.47K)

>I'm the REAL autist

holy cringe

i have an autistic cousin, she’s only about 5. as nice and as funny as she is, all i can say is who the FUCK would actually want autism. It’s a nightmare.

gross, is that a misshappen flatfaced baby

but people have dealt with gay pride parades for far longer

These tiktok fucks don’t actually have autism or BPD or anything else. They just pretend to have these for attention.

Self-diagnosed retards are the worst. I have (real) and somewhat treated BPD and there are days every week I dont feel real. Its not something you advertise on tiktok. I barely can function let alone use social media. I only come on here because its anonym and I know there are others like me on here. You wont find anyone with legit mental problems on sites like TikTok, its way too much and you feel way too exposed.

Imagine telling blacks that they now are a part of the LGBT community and most popular rap videos has naked black men twerking in prison shower without a single woman around

Attached: Flag.0.jpg (1400x1050, 40.79K)

Underprivileged privilege. These retards are so privileged they have to pretend they're not to feel better about themselves and "fit in" with the minorities they drag around for easy asspats on twitter.

Attached: 1647564086565.jpg (1080x1350, 130.44K)

its a small minority of modern youth culture, who the fuck cares what a 15yo thinks. they will snap out of it like every generation before them has

why exactly would various mental illnesses be less prevalant in women?

Kek
Also I hate women so much it’s unreal

>they will snap out of it like every generation before them has
every generation before hasn't had the internet to constantly validate and reaffirm anything/everything some retard can come up with.

Attached: dexter.jpg (300x168, 11.84K)

>and especially military history,
This is and was always entry level normalfag tier. You're the pleb.

They'll snap out of the autism part, they won't snap out of being the most pozzed generation to date
It's over

>they will snap out of it like every generation before them has
I envy your optimism. Humanity will only regress from here on out until we become such useless inept faggots that we bring about an existential crisis that we either toughen back up and overcome or wipe ourselves out and reset.

I feel like it is actually marginally easier than it used to be, to be a depressed neet, because of mental health awareness

It doesn't mean that on an interpersonal level people are less likely to be wary of you, but the explanation for your life just holds up better

Attached: Capture.jpg (174x189, 5.12K)

cope!

mfw no qt abused gf, wel

Attached: Julie_Benz.jpg (1200x1800, 500.21K)

I hate women so unbelievably much.

Fucking whore Jenny Niggerson. I saw on twitter she called Mr.Enter "The Turning Red Guy". I will find her and kill her for that. Bitch. Puta.

have you heard of kurt cobain? soundgarden? etc. They just didn't use the word depression but they fucking absolutely celebrated and spread it around

women pretending to have autism is pretty weird though

women west of italy are hilarious

Attached: 1650793274391.webm (668x1080, 2.56M)

Inb4 tranime isn't real

exactly when this came up

Attached: TLBIGOIGT.jpg (480x282, 34.23K)

part 2

Attached: 1650794116237.webm (576x1024, 2.94M)

It became solidified pretty right in 2010. That’s when I remember seeing people act genuinely sophisticated and cool for liking superheroes, Star Wars, etc

nerds who watched dr who were not the same "nerds" who were physicists. this is a meme created by a tv show

/thread/

"Depression"core, melancholia, vague à l'âme has been a thing and an aesthetic for a long while, but people weren't pretending to be bipolar or autistic back then

why is she using her sone death to get followers on cringe tok?

what is it about TikTok that makes people do this? I mean even zoomers know its cringe af yet there is this weird subculture of people making absolute retards out of themselves. We recently even had some german politicians doing TikTok dances about how they support vaccine mandates, its like im living in a David Lynch movie.

these are fake right

I wish they created a legit vaccine to get rid of it. I would take it immediately

Attached: 1529095628641.jpg (325x244, 13.38K)

cringe means attention i guess and TikTok doesnt allow nudity.

Don't lump Star Wars in with capeshit. Hate Star Was all you want it's no where near as retarded and senseless.

Nobody can tell anymore, not even you haha
I think it is something to do with a hadron or (more possible) a mass hysteria
reality is very strange in the west and yes I know this oddness will come east fast

Attached: comedytragedy.jpg (720x720, 42.63K)

>he still thinks females can actually form attachments to anyone
When will men learn? You mean nothing to a female, no matter if you are husband, father, brother or son. All you are is an asset or a tool that they can benefit from.

Please protect her

Vaccine is what causes it, retard. Without it autistics would just have a different personality type.

when the internet became a mainstream thing starting with the 2010s.

Attached: nJuWTOo.png (580x500, 300.72K)

I honestly doubt you've spoken to a non relative woman in the last year. This total derangement is what isolation causes.

A friend of mine has someone with it.
But he is pretty much also retarded, I can't even imagine what it feels like, is like he is never really there, as if he never lived a day in his life as a human being.

Fucking people treating it like a god damn super power.

>LYNCHES an entire planet
Is there anything this amateur meteorologist can't do?

All these are just 'monkey see monkey do' NPCs user and yes the majority of the world are like this. Is it so hard to believe it after the last two years and all the current running world-events?

Attached: 1588982733916.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

*jerks off an invisible dick*
No she meant it

>its like im living in a David Lynch movie
Are you me ? This is what I've felt the past 5 years.

Sure, keep believing in fairy tales, I guess.

>Mr.Enter
>"The Turning Red Guy"
I don't even know who the fuck you're talking about.

Women are normal people