This was the best scene in the movie

this was the best scene in the movie
why people shit on it

Attached: 1650359565009.jpg (1920x804, 586.78K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WrfLsMArH3I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I'm just reminded of Chris-Chan

It's the point where the film switches from ideogram to dialectic, and if you lose the audience at that point, you're fucked.

he's one retarded looking sperg, I'll give him that.

Only redditors are impressed by this. This is what they imagine villains to be.

too bad i already fapped thrice today

you think it was the best scene in the movie because people shit on it.

What are those terms? I want to know what htye mean

>striped rugby-type shirt
>same glasses
>similar hair

They were definitely influenced

I don't get it was he homo for Battison

the movie is really interesting in that it’s a consistent downward slope. the opening ten minutes is the peak and it just slowly becomes good, then decent, then bad

This is easily the best scene in the movie

Attached: 1650709812801.webm (1280x536, 2.96M)

Based. The moment they tried to make the riddler a reasoning well rounded human being it’s supposed to add dimensionality, not subtract.

Well this may not define anything for you but they say that rhetoric is an open hand and dialectic is a closed fist. So the vital tension of rhetoric is critical to maintaining dramatic tension, so you're either talking (and leaving things somewhat open-ended) or you risk ending your film by giving a speech.

wasted potential. he disn't sperg out enough imo.

>riddler spergs out and acts booty blasted when someone insults his ego
how is this out of character or bad?

arguably there are also films that end with a speech-nullifier, but this is sort of rare

because he's talking so much sense about murdering all of the corrupt politicians and mobsters. he's doing the right thing, the same thing batman would've done. then all of the sudden he's like "bro i'm going to flood the city and kill innocents too. you didn't figure that out?" of course he didn't, because the entire time riddler was going after people who deserved it. how could batman have possibly known that the scriptwriter had to make riddler irredeemable by making him target civilians too.
sure, he has the incel reasoning. "no one ever cared about us. we'll show them." fine. but he has a smart head. he should have the analysis that no one cares about the orphans because normal people simply aren't AWARE of who riddler is. the media, the press, these define what normal people are aware of, and there's simply no reason to focus on lowly orphans like him. shoot up the news station instead, that would be far more sensible.

the final 20 minutes of the movie kind of soured the whole thing. there had to be an alternate target for riddler that could've preserved his correctness.

batman would rather see the criminals in prison. not fucking dead.

The Squirrel Man

I wish they pushed "he knows bruce is the batman" direction more

Yeah I felt the same thing

Because some of us were endowed with the gift of hearing

the intended result is the same: dead or alive, these people should not be controlling the city anymore. batman changes the lens through which he acts at the end of the movie because he realizes that vengeance is the same means by which the incel shooters justify their rampage against the civilians. that moment where the incel guy says "i'm vengeance" and the camera shows batman's aha moment was good and arguably justified the entire shitty third act, but it must've been possible to do with a lower stakes target.

idgi did the riddler just expect the Batman to join him and be ok with the city getting flooded? Why did he think that would fucking happen? Why did he want it to happen, was he gay for the batman?

accurate

because
>I'M AAAAAAACTING

not defending the movie as a whole, but i liked how batman kept getting his ass beat.

it's boring as fuck to watch the protagonist dance his way around the screen and come out smiling. it may as well just be some bollywood pajeet shit.

do you seethe about any scene where someone screams or cries a lot

The Riddler is meant to be a megalomanical narssicist, and this scene just makes him seem like a autistic incel.

The real worst scene is him talking to his followers like a fucking twitch streamer, I don't want social media acknowledged in my films.

this I massively prefer insecure annoying faggot riddler

>I don't want social media acknowledged in my films
Why not

>be poor orphan
>have 1k dollars glasses

OK DUD

it insisted upon itself unironically

because movies are the one opportunity to escape it for more than an hour or two at a time you ugly zoomer dipshit

Your dad insisted himself on your ass

Movies aren't supposed to be escapism

Because it turns people into vain attention whores, and I watch movies to escape reality.

Yup. Shame, the start was really good.

This is definitely a realistic depiction of a guy with autism.

will date the movie

it's literally their only purpose

because it hit too close to home

>capeshit
idk what you fags were expecting, of course it's crap

it's a normies take on what they think autists are like
there was nothing menacing or threatening about him
john doe in seven was the polar opposite
which is clearly what they were aiming for

For those who haven’t seen it

youtube.com/watch?v=WrfLsMArH3I

>it's a normies take on what they think autists are like
And they're right on the mark.

read the rest of the post faggot
the writers failed even the most basic attempts at characterization

Only people who recently left reddit call people redditors
Your view every film with the need to be "impressed" and can't just appreciate a well rounded character.
It's a dead giveaway someone doesn't actually watch movies and just consumes outrage bait
Bet you gush over schlock just to be a contrarian too

>caring about characterization in a comic book movie

>and can't just appreciate a well rounded character.
>well rounded
>the batman
?

yeah fuck me for expecting the basic fundamentals of effective storytelling
funny how even the shumacher films did a better job

I felt for this nigga when Batman rejected him

They never studied the classics.

>funny how even the shumacher films did a better job
None of the villains felt at all threatening in the Schumacher movies either

I'm surprised people hate this scene and not the fucking facetime ones, this scene and the opening one were Dano's best moments

I notice this happening more and more

Villains are presented as sympathetic and often likeable, a lot of the time moreso than protagonists so they suddenly have to do something extremely out of characater and against their motivation so the hero can have the "ah I was le right all along!"

It's okay for a villain to have the moral highground, and it's okay for the protagonist to be wrong

Riddler was always unhinged. He acted normal because he respected Batman and thought they were a team until Batman told him he's sick in the head and he goes off the rails. Also his video that was encrypted shows him being unhinge.

>"white assholes"
>"Noooo nooo nooo nooo noooooooo!"
>villain browses not!Yea Forums and is an incel
Everytime I see scenes from this movie, it looks worse and worse. Is this one of those things where Yea Forums's just being "ironic" or did they puff hallucinogenics into the theatre when they were watching it? This movie looks like a fucking joke.

Attached: 1598664277858.jpg (216x225, 13.17K)

you look dumber than the people you claim to hate when you get so incredibly upset about one line in a 3 hour long movie. riddler was a dirt poor mentally ill orphan in this. i don't think sex was high on his list of priorities.