This fucking thing + plex media server = heaven

this fucking thing + plex media server = heaven

Attached: [email protected] (1260x880, 133.22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/EZMA_YyI71U
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Hyd4glAus
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I find it more comfy to have keyboard controls when engaging with media through the lens of feminist critical theory

zoomers can't torrent lol

i dont get why anybody would use plex over kodi. plex looks like shit, compared to my kodi skins beautifully displaying all my film fan art and poster art

whats so good about it?

they probably enjoy having to have an internet connection to login to something on their local network
anyway shield default launcher is ass replace it with atv

>why anybody would use plex over kodi. plex looks like shit
dude, you're blind. kodi looks like something from 2005. plex is superior in every way

You pay Plex money which means its better.

*blocks your path*

Attached: startech-3m-high-speed-hdmi-cable-w--ethernet.jpg (1000x1000, 54.63K)

you're not using the right viewing mode.
kodi also has far far far more functionality than plex

>torrent, watch, delete

That's all you need.

the only reason to use plex is if its NOT your server, and you're logging into somebody elses.

but i dont see why anybody do that to for themselves or for others, especially as upload bandwidth, and churning NAS drives

zoomers can't torrent

you're at level 1 mate, we're discussing end game business here

But, why?

>plex looks like shit
FUCKING KEK

It literally shits on Kodi.

Attached: IMG_20220423_165738.jpg (1500x1125, 515.72K)

yes that look shit compared to a halfway decently setup kodi.
Doesnt even use fan art to emphasize the films

You have the worst taste ever.

is your media connected to the plex by ethernet wire, or wireless?

For me it’s just a usb stick because I’m poor

>whats so good about it?
Not OP but Shield Pro or Apple TV 4K + Infuse app are basically the only way to torrent 4K movies and know that you can play whatever you download without transcoding the audio unless you want to invest in a full Dolby Atmos system. In other words, it's the simplest solution for most anons torrenting 4K.

Shield Pro is preferred by Yea Forums and has better upscaling but Apple TV 4K has a better UI and if you have an iPhone it fits in their ecosystem with things like Home so it depends on your needs, I guess.

yours doesnt look better than a fucking windows folder structure with thumbnail layout. Its so fucking basic.
Kodi can make it look like netflix.

shield pro has far better upscaling

Yes. I mentioned that.

geez, i've got 16tb and thats still far too small, especially when its 50-100GB a film

that means its game over. literally the only thing that matters

>4k
whats wrong with 1080p you soicuck faggot?

ethernet. PC > router > shield > TV. works flawlessly

>wanting upscaling

Attached: 11bkl4y.png (367x352, 197.76K)

>Tell me you will never have children without telling me you will never have children

No hdr

>plex
>diaolgue volume drops to whisper level intermittantly
>woops! cant continue playback on your film you were 90% through, sorry! :P
>heaven
NOUGH!

Attached: 1461809328592.jpg (2048x2048, 292.82K)

then why use Plex. Its got no addons
I use my Home Media server for my downloaded content, but also for streaming content online as well, both from official channels and unofficial (exodus etc..)

no i'm telling you I never want children. worst decision any parent ever makes.

You paid for something so basic looking?

nothing, if you're poor. but when you see 4K dolby vision remuxes on a top tier TV, anything else look like shit

Jellyfin>Kodi>Plex

why would anybody not want upscaling if you've got a 4k tv.
Making my 1080p content (of which there is no 4k source for many of my all time favourite films and tv shows) look like 4k on a big OLED is of the upmost priority

>literally the only thing that matters
Not really.

Fun bantz.

Attached: 1629014449699.jpg (814x1008, 443.38K)

I’m the systems admin of a public library and I don’t understand how to set up a plex media server.

Jellyfin=Plex>>>>>>>Kodi

Kodi does everything plex can do, better, as well as a billion other things and looks incredible doing it

Paid?

if kodi looks good post what it looks like

You download the Plex server onto the PC you want to use as a server, point it to where you keep your movies, then you download the Plex client software on whatever you want to use to watch your shitty films

Wait, can the Shield Pro not transcode Dolby Atmos audio?

I'm thinking of getting the Samsung 11.1.4 soundbar, have never heard the shield cant run this

aye

Attached: 1507241660233.jpg (318x298, 27.75K)

>Miyazaki
HA GAAAAAAAYYYYYY

upscaling 1080p to 4K does not require "good upscaling", retard.

Attached: 1619590719902.jpg (474x266, 22.98K)

>I use my Home Media server for my downloaded content
what exactly do you mean? you have a PC in your living room, connected to a TV?

It's free.

youtu.be/EZMA_YyI71U

it doesnt require good upscaling, but the better upscaling the better the picture looks.

>actually hoarding shit yourself
just use Venom/Seren

yeah and the quality looks horrific

i'm fine with 1080p and there are more sources for that than you'll ever need

Is it good for anime too?

So I gotta leave my pc on all night? I only turn in on from when I get home to when I go to bed.

>Wait, can the Shield Pro not transcode Dolby Atmos audio?
Decode, not transcode, but yes. It's not enough that the device "supports" proprietary multichannel audio like Dolby Atmos or Dolby TrueHD-MA. It has to actually decode it. Relatively few devices or apps do this but basically nobody but 4K disc pirates need it. Not even expensive game consoles do it. Shield Pro does. Apple TV 4K decodes TrueHD-MA but not Atmos audio, but will if you use Infuse app as your Plex client.

i'm talking about bitrate mate. those sources are for like 2gb files

no you buy a NAS - basically a mini server PC that is left on

>plex
>can't play anything but the most basic-ass srt subs without re-encoding
No thanks.

>watches for 5 minutes then quits
Adhd brain

if you're dumb, sure

Attached: 1497212390085.jpg (480x451, 57.43K)

sorry i'm not following. Are you saying that the Shield Pro can indeed playback files from my NAS with Atmos? Or i Need this infuse app for that

do you have to scrape this like a retropie?

it's not what you think

your media should already be scaped. it uses the existing metadata
This example is indeed a bit heavyhanded, but its just to highlight some of the capabilities. Mine doesnt have so much text, and no trailer, but having key snapshots in the background over the poster really make me want to rewatch a film no matter how many times i;ve seen

also since my library is so big, kodi picks 25 random films for me, and shows it for me in such a list, so kinda helps me pick a film which i struggled with when looking at a folder directory of 1500 films

Yes. If you use Infuse app on Apple TV 4K it will play everything you throw at it, including Atmos audio. Same for nVidia Shield out of the box.

Shield has better upscaling for your shitty 720p rips and YouTubes
AppleTV 4K has better streaming servers, a nicer UI, and Homekit
Which is better depends on your situation.

Attached: 1637725264224.png (2050x780, 1.59M)

>fan art

Attached: 1643864764580.gif (200x150, 978.76K)

youtube.com/watch?v=w8Hyd4glAus

sounds silly, but a cool film poster and background screenshot from a key moment in the film can really make the difference

Attached: kodi ss.png (1920x1080, 2.9M)

That only matters if you watch shitty anime and benefit from framerate upscaling. It does fuck all for resolution upscaling because 1080 -> 4K is literally not complicated.

>having AI in your film collection
Do you enjoy punching yourself in the nuts repeatedly?

Thats my movies dashboard. Picks 25 of my films to show me by random. Same with Tv shows and Music. Obviously I can access them all in the same way, but navigating such a huge library takes me ages even to get to letter B

Its not that bad.

It's not bad at all, it's just one of the most depressing films ever made.

>Does it hurt? Being old?

>streaming media
Why not just plug an external hard drive into the back of the TV?