It get good after fives episodes

>it get good after fives episodes

Attached: tokyo-vice-692x1024.jpg (692x1024, 66.08K)

>trust me bro, just keep watching

Fuck Jake Adelstein.

Simple as.

also this guy should be the main protagonist

Attached: 993e1bc7-af9e-4b7a-a93c-faf9dc343194.png (370x561, 200.32K)

>it get good after nine episodes

Japanese stuff in a nutshell

Attached: 4F66148A-7C6B-43B0-BB1C-7C6E83AB1D55.jpg (230x313, 67.28K)

>le white people are evil
Pass.

>its another show with some whores boring pointless story taking up 1/3 of the runtime
so much of this show is unnecessary. you can tell its written by a woman

Sato didn't deserve to have his life ruined over some uppity bitch.

The Japanese women in the sex scenes look great.

I feel like this would be better without the gaijin involved

it would be. they are both relentlessly narcissistic assholes using everyone in their paths for their own self-interests. the yakuza murdering people are more human

I just want more Polina

why she is so cute bros

Attached: polina.jpg (900x1110, 77.41K)

I'm still on the fence tbqh. I appreciate the Japanese dialog but Jake Adlestein is straight up unlikeable as a character. Blonde woman is a boring character too.

That sequence in the Host club last episode made me sad. She spent a fortune and in the end realized she would never get his undivided attention

Is it hinting that the white guy's sister is actually sick? He's really a self-centered douchebag

The show really hammers home that the Jewish journalist is a sociopath narcissist. Poignant.

She suicidal, I think.

When are you nerds going to Tokyo yourself?

Attached: 1593986937099.png (731x929, 67.83K)

>white whore with BPD manipulates people and has a man killed rather than having to go home and face her family
Is this supposed to make the viewer sympathetic towards her?

Can we all agree that Samantha is a cunt and brings the show down, when we could have had yakuzakino?

episodes 2 and 3 are too slow, that's the only real issue.

she's got BPD or something.

the real issue is how unlikable all the white main characters are. and not in a "grey morals" way. they are just uninteresting shitbags. the show would be 1000x better if it focused solely on the yakuza elements.

it's a stylistic choice; that's how you know it's a Michael Mann project.

Yeah, there's a case to be made about the influx of unlikeable female characters in recent years (like Naomi in The Expanse) but Samantha trumps every single one of them. She's a rotten human being. And also her chest is too boney and is unpleasant to look at.

I was going to go in December 2021 because delta flights were $350 but they still had the borders closed lol

I get that, but Mann is usually a lot better at making characters with ambiguous morals actually interesting and they at least have human qualities. Samantha and Jake are just outright shitty narcissists. They manipulate everyone they interact with in pursuit of boring goals like being a shitty reporter or owning a money pit of a club. It seems like the writing is just bad and you're supposed to care about what happens to them but if the next episode opened with both dying it would be a better show.

too many women in the writers room

Open borders now Japan!

I WANT IT THAT WAY

I like her boney chest. Shame she smokes tho, that's a no go.

I just watched the first 6 episodes last night. I'd say it starts off pretty good. The first scene is really quite compelling instantly drew me into the world. Characters are all pretty nice, lots of Asians so sometimes the acting can seem a little off but overall no complaints the core cast are quite good.

My only complaint is it should be entirely subtitled the switching between English and Japanese is kind of weird to me.

just read the book instead

Do they make any effort at recreating the late 90s/early 00s atmosphere? I hate shows that are lazy in this regard and you can just tell the suits are modern, jeans are slim, etc

when did you realize this show is hot garbage?
>that scene where he sneaks into a club where yakuza is holding a guy hostage in front of the cops
>then he takes a picture with the flash on and they don't kill him.

The only 90s thing I noticed is the computers. If it wasnt for that I could never tell

I’ve already been to Tokyo.

I have no clue what late 90s Japan was like so I dunno. There's nothing in it that feels modern tech wise though.

>just read the stories some deluded weaboo made up about his totally epic life story that really happened dude trust him

Also the main character listens to Pearl Jam but whatever

I actually enjoy this shit alot.

It basically makes me hate Americans tho. The Americans are insufferable. Every single Japanese person Is based and their shit shame and suicide culture is based.

the sneaking in and hiding with a bright light illuminating his face was fucking retarded but yakuza don't really go around killing Americans.

The police were there.

The police aren't just going to kill people. The whole point was to not kill people. It was really weird tho. Since it's based on a book I assume whatever he wrote did not translate well to TV.

>Narcos Mexico
>Kill the most interesting character b4 S1 ends
>Replace with an emotionless Whyte actor
>Nearly every story arc in S2 has a empowered womyn
S1 of every Netflix production has minimal wokism then s2 is filled with it.

>>it get good after fives episodes
like the wire

>I feel like this would be better without the gaijin involved
yea but newspaper editor angrily shouting Gaijin is pretty funny

is /Pol/ina /our girl/?

Police were there. He is a reporter. Japanese society is different, even there gangsters, you can clearly tell are different. The kind of mindset that has you send men with knives, and not guns, to take out a rival gang is probably also the same one that wouldn't shoot people so hastily

From the posts in here I feel like Sato is going to die in episode 7 and I'm not looking forward to it he's a great character

everything besides the yakuza plot is garbage
the main protag, the blonde hooker and the female jap journo plots are a complete dumpster fire

>the female jap journo
KEEP MY WIFE"S NAME OUT YO DAMN MOUF

hes got a hateable face. gotta sprinkle him in instead of laying him on thick.

especially the whore that jake fucks.

Bros...

Attached: eimi.jpg (1000x666, 234.92K)

What happened to the Daniel Radcliffe movie??

funny how even in the version where he wrote himself as the hero and then even with the Hollywood filtering and Goy-washing casting decision a lot of the events still come off as him being a pushy jew taking advantage of a culture of politeness.

I listened to the audiobook, it was pretty fun.
Even more fun was seeing the author fume when some amazon reviewer revealed how he had been writing about foot fungus on the daily paper when he claimed to have been investigating the yakuza in nightclubs.

>>Kill the most interesting character b4 S1 ends
user, I...

>wHaT dId yOu dO?!?!?

Ansel is way too young, too inexperienced to headline in this, even in the hands of Mann

>some amazon reviewer revealed how he had been writing about foot fungus on the daily paper when he claimed to have been investigating the yakuza in nightclubs.
Kekekekekekeke going to have to look this up!

Attached: ObamaDaisyPuller.jpg (1200x675, 87.68K)

Kek is this real?

a million times this. i won't consider watching it until you take all of them out of the show.

What was the highlight of your trip?

s-senpai..only 400 more words and my story is ready..I only need another hour senpai please!

As soon as they open.