Paganism is base-

>be pagan northern european
>endless slaughtering of random towns
>burn women and children inside locked longhouse
>do ritual where you put your hand inside an open wound and brap really loud to show dominance
>eat a human heart for Odin
>gouge out the eyes and tongue of your enemies
>keep the mummified head with you
>have schizophrenic visions
>kill more random people in the name of revenge
>celebrate by brapping loudly and howling like a wolf

How did they live like this?

Attached: MV5BOWEzMjhkMGYtMmIwMi00NDI3LTgyZDMtNGI0ZTA1ZjRjOTU3XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjI1NTE3Njk@._V1_.jpg (2048x1365, 594.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_alphabet
ox.ac.uk/news/2014-01-23-ancient-carthaginians-really-did-sacrifice-their-children
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

correct that shit was fucking awesome

If Pagans were le based warriors how come they got conquered by Christians?

Northern Europe paganism is a mystery box because christians burned every bit of proof.

Prove me wrong.

Attached: ahem.gif (498x498, 1.09M)

>How did they live like this?
By killing weaker men like you that would try to stop them

>keep the mummified head with you
christians do this too and its one of the only things that makes them remotely based

Attached: saint-catherine-head-734x1024.jpg (734x1024, 97.3K)

They were mostly savages but still better then kikes. Christianity is the only way to save western civ.

dont think norse even had writing systems so its not like there was much to burn

It's okay when they do it.

*ppprrtt*

>dont think norse even had writing systems so its not like there was much to burn
That's part of the point. The only proof of their lifestyle comes from christian subversives.

More importantly there's also nothing wrong with nords and their aptitude, physical and mental abilities. So the christian rewriting of history becomes all the more suspicious with their depictions of northern europe.

Ergo, they need you to desperately believe christianity = civilization. But if that was all it took, Africa would be like wakanda by now.

theres loads of archeological/anthropological data and written records by both roman pagan from around the time of christ and christian monks from the viking period that all add up to the same answers with only some slight discrepancies, that take of "dude norse mythology like isnt even real" has been stale and shit for years now, only pseuds that think theyre smart for reading a few wikis without actually doing any hard research still spout it.

you have not read a single page of the eddas nor have you read any of the sagas, youre just some fat faggot who reads nothing but says alot. prove me wrong.

Attached: 1920px-Sacrificial_scene_on_Hammars_(II).png (1920x688, 2.77M)

> there's loads of
Clearly not enough. To be fair, they got better at burning literally everything by the time they got to the Americas.

>Ergo, they need you to desperately believe christianity = civilization. But if that was all it took, Africa would be like wakanda by now
That's stupid, genetic stock is foundational, but religious ess is needed to create a moral culture. You can have well intended stupid people. But they will still fuck up because low IQ. You can hwve smart educated people with no morals like.modern Americans. You need raial ethnic religious homogeneity to make a society.

>christian subversives
you mean former pagans converted christian, largely by force, who had no reason to lie about the myths of their forefathers. trim things to match their new christian worldview a bit? sure, but even that is a naive view thats based on emotion and guesses, not on reality. the texts themselves from the poetic edda are largely pro-pagan; if they were written down by christians (which has never been proven, only assumed) those christians were quite adamant about preserving the original pagan sentiments of the myths

Attached: Bracteate_from_Funen,_Denmark_(DR_BR42).jpg (1641x1540, 2.05M)

>i didnt hear about it on cracked, that means theres not enough of it! human culture exists to satisfy ME
maybe because your fatass is too busy playing elden ring to research any of it. sorry youre too stupid to find things not posted on google news

Attached: Inscription_on_Golden_horn_of_Gallehus.jpg (1000x623, 444.13K)

>you mean former pagans converted christian, largely by force
The Northern Crusades prove it was mostly by getting nords to betray each other, by playing kingmaker. Nice try though.

Say it with me:
> Christian
> Subversives

Christians don't follow Christianity, they just say they do.

>Northman
>Midsommar
why are snownigger whites so sick in the head?

>hurr le christianity

BASED

>Boomers leave Christianity during the 60s
>Country implodes into hell

Depends. What Christianity are we talking about? Christianity or churchianity? Is pushing globalism, feminism and tranny shit Christianity? I think that's judeo babel wearing a sheepspelt.

They just gave up on their shitty religion and converted because Christianity is stable, gentle, righteous, and even profitable.

>Haha just do whatever you want as long as you're happy and not hurting anyone
>W-What are you doing haha
>Please stop

The last 80 years socially can be summed up just with that.

>I hate Jews but love this Jewish religion created by Jews to protect Jews

lol

>Christians don't follow Christianity, they just say they do.
Unironically this. Christianity is the progenitor of virtue signaling, so the fallacy of believing everything you're doing is just and for a higher cause makes them extremely prone to justifying the means of their actions and ignoring collateral damage.

It's also important for them to seek constant validation. So anytime they encounter a contradiction or a flaw in their creed, they rationalize it. Every christian is following a personal religion. To each their own headcanon to a bitter end.

Ironically, it was Pagan tolerance that allowed early Christianity to flourish.

Roman Pagans were comfortable with the idea that there could be many divinities, even divine forces their civilization had never encountered before. There are thousands of ways to be a Pagan and give honor to the gods, so to them Christianity was just another cult. Christians are much stricter about the doctrines of their religion, and one of those doctrines is an absolute intolerance of "wrong" spiritual practices. To an ancient Christian, there was only one right way to be a Christian.

Hebrews ain't modern Jews. Modern Jews are European mutts with more.occidental then semite. They're Italian Slav Germans. The Jewish religion is Babylonian occultism. Not Hebraic monotheism

>Literally anything about Vikings
>CHRISTIAAAAANS THEY'RE JEWISH THEY WORSHIP JEWS JESUS WAS A JEW BUT DIDN'T REALLY EXIST AND YOU ARE A CRINGE SJW COMMUNIST KEK KEK KEK
Why are Mutts so obsessed with lariping as Eric the Viking?

It protects everyone, but most Jews disagree and feel overly antagonized. You are probably a Christian hating crypto Jew.. I shall pray for you.

I sure hope those ancient christians didn't abuse pagan tolerance for subversion.

this is literally all human beings no matter what their ideology or religion is. anyone with a basic understand of psychology knows how much people need constant validation and will justify away their shortcomings. blaming this on christianity is just retarded

>vikangz literally do human sacrifice constantly and selfishly attack defenceless populations
>but it’s the christians who are heckin evil dude

Christians unironically believe the following
>A=D
>B=D
>C=D
>A!=B!=C
Not only do they believe this, they will ridicule you for not believing it and in times gone by, would even kill other christians who dont believe it

partially true

The Eddas were transcribed by Christian monks 300 years after they are presumed to have been composed. They are hearsay. That's the problem when your culture is not only illiterate, but anti-literate; Germanic culture believed in literal immanent magical power of the written word, which is why the futhark was rarely used for anything, because misuse could have negative spiritual repercussions (at least, this is what medieval Christian scribes say pre-conversion Germanics believed). The same applies to the Celtic religions. This makes it all but impossible to reconstruct a living religion out of these ancient faiths.

I mean, if you had nothing but Josephus, Tacitus, Celsus, and Pliny the Younger, and no written records of the Gospel or the Pauline letters, would you seriously expect an accurate rendition of Christian beliefs and practices? These are the same people who claimed the Eucharist involved actual cannibalism, the reference to all other people as "brother and sister" to mean actual incest, and misconstrued Jesus as a local interpretation of Dionysus based on his association with wine.

literal brainlet

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elder_Futhark

scandos have had writing since the 2nd century dumb dumb

Attached: 1648130657480.jpg (827x817, 90.46K)

I will never understand the sheer autism of Christian religious doctrines. People used to fucking murder each other over whether or not you believed that bread and wine **literally** transformed into the body and blood of Jesus during communion.

and pagans used to ritualistically murder people to appease their gods. swings and roundabouts

>Ironically, it was Pagan tolerance that allowed early Christianity to flourish.
Denying the existence of other gods was considered atheism, a capital crime in Rome.
Denying the divinity of the Emperor was considered treason, a capital crime everywhere and everywhen.
This is why whenever the state caught wind of Christian activity above ground (catacombs were respected however), it resulted in Nero's torches.
Even the Emperor Trajan demanded that any admitted Christian who did not apostasize be killed immediately (after being tortured at least twice).

Possibly the worst take on the trinity I've ever seen and I've been browsing /his/ for years.

Futhark was rarely used due to (supposed) perceived taboos against "drawing sounds". After all, if somebody could write your name, they could wield terrible magic against you. Also futhark was not universal - most Germanics had no written language whatsoever until the missionary Ulfilas provided it to them in the 4th century.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gothic_alphabet

Why do you hate them then?

>jews not real jews
>hEbRaIc mOnOthEisM = christianity
>le copeium

jews being babylonian pagans still won't make your fake God real

Attached: 1650475181968.jpg (600x885, 62.22K)

>These are the same people who claimed the Eucharist involved actual cannibalism
>and pagans used to ritualistically murder people to appease their gods. swings and roundabouts
like most online christians, you have no actual argument against paganism, you just have chips on your shoulder. also the old testament condones child sacrifice in judges and christians worship foreskins

Attached: babyjesusforeskinremoval.jpg (1024x768, 212.2K)

youre aware the gothic alphabet is largely based on runic right? its a mix of runic and latin, not something ulfilas just made up on the fly

>also the old testament condones child sacrifice in judges
It absolutely does not, Jephthah's daughter was not sacrificed in holocaust as a human victim but consecrated to a life of perpetual virginity, thus causing his family line to become extinct because of his rash vow before God.

Religion needs to adapt part of the culture to spread its influence, and if it has enough influence it alters culture.
Even a peaceful religion will become warlike when drawn into war for centuries. Just look at monks. Because it's just an adaptable tool for control.
In the end religion and culture are the same thing, more or less. So there's no point evaluating a religion based on the deeds of a whole culture. Instead you should look at the core values of a religion.
This is why Christianity was so successful, you can't really argue about the theoretical benefits of it. It's core is about peaceful live, respecting your neighbors, saving your soul and all that bullshit in exchange to simply believe in some dude, which wasn't that big of a deal because back then everyone believed in some shit anyway. Did it reflect its values in real life? Fuck no, the height of Christianity was when the religion was at its most cruel times.

>names are power
>my Scandinavian ancestors unironically Urusla K. LeGuin larpers

rip me

Attached: 1647393121596.jpg (933x944, 84.05K)

>(catacombs were respected however)
I mean that's kind of what I mean by "Pagan tolerance". Yes, there were official state sanctioned persecutions of Christians because of their unwillingness to acknowledge the divinity of the imperial cult, but by and large Christianity flourished in the largely laissez faire spiritual climate of the ancient Pagan world.

roman pagans documented other barbarian pagans doing it, they themselves did it during the war with carthage and documented it themselves. cope

Deny Christianity all you want, the meme of Christianity is necessary if the west wants to survive. Larping as Conan won't save you

yeah burning them alive at garden parties was really tolerant

>in holocaust
spotted the jew. also a ridiculous christcuck cope. the wording of the bible very clearly implies she was sacrificed. why else is her father crying and weeping? cant be that bad having your daughter be a nun. also earliest instance of nuns is in pagan greece, not israel. there are no sources for nuns or 'perpetual virgins' from biblical times

Attached: index.jpgsmug.jpg (225x225, 4.41K)

Holocaust was the word used for a sacrifice to be burnt at the tabernacle.

quote sources and provide full text . most human sacrifice in europe was essentially just ritualized execution. you forgot to mention that the "barbarian pagans" (i assume you mean germans) mostly sacrificed criminals. cowards, pedophiles, homosexuals were pushed under mud and drowned, and murderers, thieves and traitors were hanged and stabbed, after odins sacrifice. there are some instances of people being voluntarily sacrificed but yeah, life is a cycle of death and rebirth. get used to it faggot.

Attached: Odin's_Self-sacrifice_by_Collingwood.jpg (1868x2436, 1.8M)

>also earliest instance of nuns is in pagan greece, not israel. there are no sources for nuns or 'perpetual virgins' from biblical times
The Code of Hammurabi references nuns and prescribes a list of horrible tortures and deaths to be administered to them if they commit such crimes as having sex or drinking alcohol, and that's from 1750 BC which is quite a bit earlier than the period of the Judges

actually holocaust is a greek word, meaning burnt offerings, traditionally the mode of sacrifice for the inferi, the infernal gods, ironically (including saturn, hades, all them fun ones) only kikes use it in a biblical sense.

>ummm actually they deserved it
>uhhh even the ones that didn’t just accept it chud it’s a cycle
lmfao

still pagan, not christian.

>pedophiles dont deserve death
you heard it from the christcucks mouth people

Attached: breakingwheel.png (1240x1231, 710.51K)

Holocaust is literally the word used in the bible

Jephthah wasn't Christian either he was a hebrew, don't get anal retentive about anglicization or latinization of names, I'm not going to call Jesus "Yeshua ben Yusuf"

The Romans establish that Carthaginians (Phoenicians) practiced child sacrifice in tophets. The Old Testament remarks repeatedly that the Philistines and Canaanites consecrated their children to "Topheth" through fire, and this is an abomination to be avoided.
ox.ac.uk/news/2014-01-23-ancient-carthaginians-really-did-sacrifice-their-children

also, still working on assumptions, not actual evidence. the bible states, in words, that she was sacrificed, there is nothing stating she was a nun or even implying it

>Possibly the worst take on the trinity I've ever seen and I've been browsing /his/ for years.
Heretic kek

then that bible translation is greeked. pagan sacrificial terms nutted all over your bible.

also you claimed the romans practiced child sacrifice during the carthaginian wars, nice wording there. also those semitic pagans have more spiritually in common with you, as a spiritual semite, than i do. a germanic christian and germanic pagan will always have more in common than a semitic christian and a germanic christian, or that with pagan. but all that one flesh through christ shit has blinded you to the nature of the world

Attached: mmmm_Slurp.jpg (640x960, 100.17K)

I think the Germanics were right. Literacy wasn't a mistake, it was a deliberate spiritual attack on the peoples of the world.

They were barbarians.