He's made three films, and every single one was a money losing bomb...

He's made three films, and every single one was a money losing bomb. Can a director really be considered great if no one buys tickets to their movies?

Attached: GettyImages-489129424.jpg (1200x675, 192.58K)

it’s not about the money

Yes, you retard

fpbp /thread

the industry already understands that the only things that makes money are established ips.

>The Lighthouse budget: $12 million

hookers and blow?

he will never make another film

Attached: 1650430827651.jpg (640x877, 68.75K)

no, movies are business

Staring at Ana's face in this pic is like an optical illusion

Is she a healthy weight again?

in an industry where you are expected to create works which sell and that the entire sales aspect of it defines how successful someone working in the field is then yes you can totally say that it isn't about the money, it's about creating new ideas that flop while the creator still receives praise for not managing to achieve popularity because his work was ''a breath of fresh air''

he's a fuckwit, doesn't have the balls to go full rogue

is thomasin his wife?

Attached: 1644432714282.png (479x381, 156.03K)

not every movie is made with a pure profit motive in mind user. it's mind boggling, i know.

lol jew

The chosen provides every aspect of production, from the film stock used to the promotion of the film.

But it is profit. The chosen owns cameras used in production and the stock and the wardrobe and the casting agencies and the distribution

Its about fucking Anya raw every night in her trailer.

>Can a director really be considered great if no one buys tickets to their movies?
Yes. What counts is kino, not box office.

They probably just gave Pattison and De Niro a bunch of coke and filmed them over a weekend

>Goldberg can't comprehend something having value outside of the ability to make money
Can't make this shit up.

Wasted quads but I’m going to the movies tonight to see the Northman :)

>you had to scroll this far for OP to be check'd
checked, Anya looks so much better with some color in her cheeks

I've enjoyed all three of his movies.

Attached: FINCHY.jpg (4074x2716, 1.97M)

That doesn't change the fact that if the movie had been successful that the outcome would have been different in a positive way. There's literally no excuse for creating a flop, one could still make an interesting movie and have it be successful, even if the creator doesn't pander to certain audiences where they expect to make big bucks based on that and instead creates a more original movie that isn't exactly a cash-grab then if it had been original enough the movie would still be successful.
The only people who praise flops are morons who dislike anything popular, popularity doesn't keep an original film from being good, if anything it rewards originality if the movie is good enough.

the witch made money, only cost $4 million. perhaps he should go back to microbudget horror movies.

I was going to go but then my wife needed surgery, maybe I'll go with my dad once the kid is asleep

>De Niro

What's up with all the Eggers/Northman hate over the past few days?

the vvitch was a big succes tho. Both in cinemas and vods

HAAAARRRRRRRKKKKKKK

keep telling yourself that, buddy.

Attached: Jordan_Peele.jpg (611x660, 146.94K)

The fuck is wrong with her fucking neck, lmao....
is that edited?

Attached: kek.jpg (1200x900, 40.69K)

almost every movie you love lost money

I like this

Attached: 1637236442409.png (530x801, 487K)

kids with the personality of hating everything popular (large portion of Yea Forums userbase)

Non franchise movies get a week in theaters before getting pulled. Yes, there are still good directors

reddit opinion

>popular

you mean heavily shilled

fine. horror does well too, especially relative to their budgets.

Why would you care how much money a movie makes unless you're an investor or producer?

Well, you would want it to do well if you want more similar movies

>ywn have a cute ayy look at you with total reverence and admiration
What's the fucking point then

Attached: withered_wojak.jpg (482x427, 74.8K)

trannies upset there are still movies made without niggers

Brown people hating kino. They only love marvel

manlet alert rofl

Why do women dont boder to hide even a little bit whenever they are wet and want to fuck a dude? if a man acted like that he would be cancelled

Contrarian and trolly nature of Yea Forums.

Typical Finchy.

enhance

Attached: 1643561139066.png (526x304, 254.25K)

Kinos sell.
It doesn't have to sell to be kino, but true kinos always sell.

You're not wrong, ideally every studio wants their movie to turn a profit, especially a big one, but studios also understand trends, markets, etc., and that helps keep expectations realistic.

It's about sending a message

Yes.

They may not be in the business for very long if they can't turn a profit on anything, but they can be considered great so long as they make great film(s).
They're a great director, and whoever pay-rolled them is shit at business.

The inverse also applies.
They could be a director with some of the best selling films of all time under their belt. . . that all completely suck ass, making them a bad director, getting as much work as they can handle from great business men that couldn't give a single fuck less about creating something great so long as it puts the money in their pocket to own many great things.

so Marvel is kino?
retard

Some people think it is, otherwise they wouldn't have kept making marvel movies if no money was coming in.

>DUUUUDE THE ONLY MOVIES THAT SHOULD EXIST ARE CAPESHIT MOVIES CUZ EVERYTHING ELSE IS A FLOP
Kill yourself. Worst part is you're not even wrong, capeshit is killing this industry with bloated box office numbers making any real attempt at making a film null and void when you can just have Spiderman jump around a green screen and make 10x as much.

>>DUUUUDE THE ONLY MOVIES THAT SHOULD EXIST ARE CAPESHIT MOVIES CUZ EVERYTHING ELSE IS A FLOP
That's not at all what people ITT are saying, just because a movie flops doesn't mean that we like capeshit movies, the industry is big enough for there to be room for capeshit movies to make money and original works to also succeed. You can't blame a movie flopping on capeshit, maybe you should try taking your head out of your ass and maybe realize that perhaps the movie might not have been that great if the audiences weren't very receptive towards it. Not every person who consumes movies are fans of capeshit movies, there's still a good chunk of them that have never seen a capeshit movie in their lives, demographics vary a lot.

The Witch made $40m on a $4m budget, it was very profitable. Giving him a AAA budget was a mistake, but I have no doubt he'll continue to get work making low budget auteur movies that notable actors want to star in

tldr and cope

What a punchable face.

How many times has this guy came inside ATJ?