Halo Episode 5

JOHN HALO PUNCHES DR HALSEY

Attached: [scream].webm (720x360, 2.12M)

thats the john halo i remember. an angry potato lookin dude

I've been a fan of Halo for 20 years and I'm glad I never picked up this piece of shit series.

Attached: 1604800152808.jpg (747x613, 78.16K)

i just might watch it when it's all out, looks so shit it might just be fun, plus bokeem woodbine

I couldn't finish four and never tried five except whatever shit the MCC had for multiplayer. Was the live action mini series they released with five any good?

The only book I read was fall of reach but I've been tempted to pick another up. Any recommendation?

no one sane is even watching that show after the first (half) episode. what do you want from me ?

Attached: 0b7c716aa3596d12.jpg (684x960, 58.14K)

Fall of Reach is a good place to start for books.
The Flood comes next, although if you've already played Halo CE then you could probably skip it, as it basically just describes what happens in CE. The only part where the book adds anything different is that it describes what it feels like for a human to be infected/transformed by the Flood, kinda interesting.
One book you should definitely read is First Strike, it's fucking sick.

Attached: OIP (1).jpg (474x793, 60.1K)

Tell me is Johnson in the show?

The effects look good at least

Attached: fast and low.webm (1280x640, 2.2M)

I loved the flood book and the forerunner prequels for all the flood content. Wish we got to see more of them. It's a shame that they are portrayed so much stronger in literature unlike the games that don't seem to do them justice.

no. im glad actually

Thanks for the recommendation bruh

That needler though

Attached: pink mist.webm (1280x640, 1.06M)

Yeah but he died when an elite pinned him down on the ground by his neck. Apparently he couldn't breathe.

First Strike fuckin ruled

That looks like it's from starship troopers, and looks nothing like banshee bomb explosions

It’s not Halo that’s it’s biggest problem. Fans are massive spregs about little things like lore and story changes, but truth be told this wouldn’t an issue if it was in service to a decent addition or story. This show is middling levels of quality and is a complete insult to the Halo license. It feels like a generic Expanse rip off with a Halo coat of paint and fails utterly to capture even the most remote feelings of the original Halo trilogy. Quite frankly the show isn’t god awful but it’s bland and uninteresting with very little redeeming qualities, Kwan Ha especially is the worst. It’s just generic sci-fi with a Halo coat of paint it just so happens that cost of paint is why it garnering negative attention, by being a bastardized soulless husk of a once great franchise like everything Halo post 2010.

Is that jeep supposed to look like a warthog?

honestly reading the books i was always waiting for someone to punch her, i'm glad that it is finally being done somewhere. but watching the webm if feels weird, the jump he does is a bit stupid. he should just make a face of fury+determination and get up and walk towards her and that's it, no need to have him fall in mid air like a clown

>sneedler

>MFW this series.

Attached: FUCK.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

SKYJACK

Attached: skyjack.webm (1280x640, 1.63M)

ignore these retards, do not read The Flood, it's a fucking terrible book. it's just boring narration of each of the setpieces of the videogame, it's badly written and i wish i didn't read it. read the books by eric nylund, those are solid books in their own right and add decent lore and stories to the setting

Downloading now. Is there finally some fucking action? im sick of people talking in the middle of bluescreen CGI sets.

Wow that is some bad CGI

This is how all zoomer shows/movies do gore now. Just pop people like a balloon full of red paint.

>Is there finally some fucking action?
Only the last ten minutes

Also this episode was really short, only like 40 minutes. The last 4 episodes were close to one hour

I agree with the exception of the first-person accounts of Captain Keyes slowly being consumed by the Flood

kek. it looks terrible.
The District 9 Blomkamp guy did a way better fucking job at a tiny fraction of the cost.

Why even bother having real explosions if you are goona have such obviously fake cgi banshees literally fly through the explosions without affecting them showing how obvious it is that they are fake cgi banshees.

If you think this looks good, then I pity you.

Master Chief, WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THAT SHIP?

Attached: crashing this banshee.webm (1280x640, 2.63M)

Is the User playing a game of Halo? Is this a secret resurrection of ReBoot?

Attached: reboot-987296.jpg (650x366, 33.83K)

>didn't even try to make warthogs look like warthogs.
>people just completely vaporize when hit by needers...
holy cringe this looks terrible.

>yeah this looks good let's release as-is

Just finished watching episode 5. It was awesome!

I only played the 3 Halos when i was a teenager. Im never pwatchig this shit it looks awful

AIIIIIIEEEEE save me chief-sama!

>Deactivating his brain cancels his momentum mid-jump

Attached: 1424882459580.jpg (333x250, 10.52K)

worse cgi than the fucking game.
absolute failure of making the physics look real.
the director should unironically watch the end of Mission Impossible gay fake explosion blowing Tom Cruise onto the train for inspiration. However this would be pointless, because the director is without a doubt a talentless company director stooge who is only there to enforce the company committee vision of a cheap shitty Indian-tech-slave cgi bastard bich crappy action scenes.

Oh yeah. It's HALO time!

Attached: mom said it's my turn to play xbox.webm (1280x640, 2.57M)

And digital squibs are horrible.

hahaha holy shit what the fuck.

im glad i decided not to watch this after i heard they made keyes a nigger just so they could have an interracial couple with halsey of all fucking people

absolutely disgusting

fuck you I liked it when I was 12.

why is a jackal wielding an energy sword?

This. The only things I like about it at this point, and I do mean the only things, are the covenant killing set piece at the beginning (even it has flaws), and Cortana because Jen Taylor and she was teenage me’s AI waifu.

The rest can go hang. What makes it even more insulting is that I watched Forward Unto Dawn again last night, and the difference in storytelling quality is just utterly shocking. So for that matter was the set design and CGI/special effects. How that succeeded and this failed I don’t know for sure, but it happened. Given what Halo’s story is about (pro-military, etc.) I actually question whether it could even be made in current year at all with even the best writers, directors, and actors behind it.

kek. so that's how master chief dies?
cool story bro.

That thing is like going 600 mph when it crashes

Even a fucking Spartan would be mist from the momentum

>grunt almost as tall as MC
>jackal taller than MC (although it could be the weird perspective)

This clip at least looks pretty cool. The rest not so much.
As somebody who's been a fan of halo for 20 years this shit is fucking painful to watch.

The demon is here!

Attached: punch some people in the face.webm (1280x640, 2.08M)

Nah, Fall of Reach they manage to survive a low-orbit drop with some broken bones and battered armour/bruises. They won’t be walking fine, but they could survive it.

>Even a fucking Spartan would be mist from the momentum
He fell out of space and was fucking fine

wtf are jacklas? Never saw them when i played the original trilogy

How did he fire the shotgun?

Would’ve tried to watch it if they didn’t make Keyes a nigger and if John halo kept his helmet on and if they didn’t make a woman best friends with the prophets

they're the shield lads

Terminal velocity from falling, no matter the height, is ~200 km/h due to air resistance
An aircraft allows you to accelerate further

The energy shield or sniper lizard dudes

The worst part about this is, it seems so obvious to me that the story in this series has nothing to do with Halo and seems like it's some random ass sci fi series that had Halo slapped on it to sell it.
It's kinda like the Cowboy Bebop show. Why the fuck not just make something original since you're changing the source material so much it's 90% different. It's fucking insane the level of hubris to think you can make something better that's been popular for 20 years and has millions and millions of fans.

nothing after halo 1 is canon

You're talking terminal velocity vs mutiple times that speed

First is way more believable for a spartan to survive, hight doesn't matter

Would have looked cool if it didn't cut to his fucking face....

>let's have a bunch of people standing in a giant disorganized moshpit randomly flailing in each others' direction
>that's what battles are like, right?
Is this Mel Gibson's fault?

Attached: 1647861304551.jpg (640x789, 91.44K)

>jackals with elite energy swords
>throwing gun at grunt which weirdly gains momentum while falling.
>spending precious time and killing power tanking hits for a fucking marine, while exposing back to the enemy holding an energy sword who waits just long enough for you to turn around before trying to stab you in the back.

Terrible action and terrible unrealistic cgi.
But most importantly it makes Master Chief look like a terrible soldier that only dominates the Covenant because he has an energy shield and they don't.