Holy kino

Holy kino

Attached: KINO.png (591x558, 332.16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/to2SMng4u1k
youtu.be/vqnjzVX8EKA
youtube.com/watch?v=dHYTbxJeHd8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

There’s a parallel universe where Star Wars was a failure and I’m sure that version of Earth is pretty comfy

star wars never had a good story, it had an adequate one paired with relatively new imagery
in 300 year people will be telling greek tales repainted with Xe Xer Xhem and Xhey will Xaugh

Hard to say. People always talk about what did or didn’t make the first Star Wars so popular but everyone I’ve talked to who actually saw it in theaters consistently says it’s the timing of when it came out.
Movies were dark and edgy at the time, the Vietnam war had just come to a close, and the Watergate scandal had just happened.
Basically, the first Star Wars was a perfect escapist film for an America that had just taken a fuck ton of L’s and was in a huge edgy phase

If that was truly the case the rise of Skywalker would be seen as the best film of the series by most fans since everything in it sounds like it was imagined by a five year old.
>EVERY STAR DESTROYER NOW HAS A LAZER THE POWER OF A DEATH STAR!!!!! AND THEYRES HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!! AND THE GOOD GUYS SHOW UP WITH HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF ALLIED SHIPS FROM ACROSS THE GALAXY AND REY HAS THE POWER OF ALL THE JEDI OF ALL TIME AND PALPATINE HAS THE POWER OF ALL THE SITH OF ALL TIME AND THEY CLASH PEW PEW CRASHHH BOOM POW WAMMO!!!!!

Fuckin badass. He's a fucking GOD.

Why not both?
Instead I get neither

All "chosen one" shit with escalating powers undermines the normal hero's journey. I can't think of one good example.

The problem is that star wars as conceived by George Lucas is beyond Star Wars fans.
They like it but they don't even really know why they like it.

I always remember that news clip that went something like
>star wars it's hokey, optimistic, has no moral and apparently that's what america was in the mood for

Most of them don't have much of an idea about Flash Gordon-era sci-fi that Lucas would've been steeped in. Space being almost indiscernable from magic.

Luke wasn't a chosen one though. Vader was but he fell from grace.

Attached: 1620458259203.png (1992x1580, 1.41M)

why not just stop the death star laser like kylo stops lasers with the force?????

You can't really expect JJ Abrams to restrain himself from plot breaking stupidity.
I point you to his entire star trek run.

Yeah no shit
Since the very first movie
They're not plot driven masterpieces, they're space fantasy
Duh

Their visual storytelling with light plot and dialog.

damn, I forgot omega was a thing
I don't even remember finishing the 2nd season

2nd season?

bad patch had two seasons, right?
I don't know, user
like I said, I don't know if I finished watching it

If you are into Star Wars to the point of watching the cartoons and having account names like "Achokeah", you really need to take a good look at your life and seriously consider ending it.

>bad patch had two seasons, right?
I had to double check to be sure since I forgot but no not yet. I think it just felt like it because it was a slog.

>DUDE STARWARS FANS ARE SOOOOO CHILDISH!!!
>@IChoseBulbasaur27
imagine if twitter users became self-aware

there's nothing wrong with watching cartoons
I don't watch things to feel mature and like a philosopher

Star wars isnt a good story

I can't disagree, when garbage like this gets 40 million views
youtu.be/to2SMng4u1k

>star wars
>good story

Fucking kek just nuke boomers and milliners so this dumb franchise can die.

eh, it was okay

>and apparently that's what america was in the mood for
Hollywood has always been so out of touch, just always get lucky eventually

youtu.be/vqnjzVX8EKA
This is the definitive prequel review video as far as I am concerned.

This is true of most fandoms really. It's best to enjoy things in private nowadays.

Why not both

Attached: img_2553.jpg (1024x576, 198.66K)

It is the only story.

the only good Clone Wars

This happens in a lot of industries. I remember one story about how the executives at Square Enix were surprised when they released a traditional turn based RPG and it did well because they convinced themselves with no proof that their customers didn't want that. Hollywood is just like that, a bunch of out of touch marketers telling out of touch boomers what to make.

Go back.

Attached: 1649816700072.jpg (1242x997, 329.26K)

Children are just dumber humans. Adults are just smarter children.
It's human nature to have some "cool" dream or fantasy and think it would be satisfying, but then when handed that fantasy become dissatisfied with it.
We've had empty spectacle films on an enormous scale for years now and they barely make their budget back and get memory holed fast.

The gigantic spectacle films that do well combine the visual stimulation with meaning- through story, characters, plot, pacing. But the glare of the spectacle outshines all those absolutely essential, subtler elements so in hindsight people can forget they were ever there.

Without doubt people value good storytelling and artistry, they just don't realise it until it's absent.

>A refurbished Star Wars is on somewhere. I have no intention of revisiting any galaxy. I shrivel inside each time it's mentioned. 20 years ago, when the film was first shown, it had a freshness, also a sense of moral good and fun. Then I began to be uneasy at the influence it might be having. The bad penny first dropped in San Francisco when a sweet-faced boy of twelve told me proudly he had seen Star Wars over a hundred times. His elegant mother nodded with approval. Looking into the boys eyes I thought I detected little star-shells of madness beginning to form and I guess that one day they would explode. 'I would love for you to do something for me,' I said. "Anything! Anything!' the boy said rapturously. 'You won't like what I'm going to ask you to do.' I said. 'Anything, sir, anything!' 'Well,' I said, 'do you think you could promise never to see Star Wars again?' He bursts into tears. His mother drew herself up to an immense height. 'What a dreadful thing to say to a child!' she barked, and dragged the poor kid away. Maybe she was right but I just hope the lad, now in his thirties, is not living in a fantasy world of secondhand, childish banalities
youtube.com/watch?v=dHYTbxJeHd8

Attached: file(2).jpg (800x954, 75.2K)

2nd season coming soon pretty sure

Attached: 1649391353498.png (401x180, 13.29K)

I respect his craft and professionalism relative to modern actors, but he was a pretentious faggot like all stage actors who do movies for the money, so his bitter fun-hating whinging over being best known for what he viewed as a menial side-gig rather than his Aaaart Daaahling isn't the slam dunk you think it is.

Unless you're a misanthropic pretentious faggot yourself of course, which is entirely possible given where we are.

What the fuck? Why don't I remember this?

I never understood why they didnt do that with lightsabers. Kiera did that shit in KOTOR 2 with a few, why cant a motherfucker just have like 12 doing a tornado around him or something.

The problem is it's called Star "Wars". Are wars expected to be in every film as a result? Is that compulsory? I'd want a small story about a private detective in Coruscant solving a murder. Except it's not Blade Runner

Gauche as fuck, and also clearly a dark side ability. Nerds don’t understand starwars movies

They probably thought the gratuitous vader scenes of rogue 1 were “badass” and “exactly what they wanted”.

Yes. It's true. Humans have garbage, childish wants.

In the main series yes, it should focus on the bigger shit, the side movies/show can do that goofy smaller shit.

Yea winning in a decisive manner can only be dark side shit. Light side jedi have to follow stupid morales and rules that are really fuckin stupid and prolong battles/wars causing untold more deaths.

I wish they let those crazy bollywood action film directors get their hands on capeshit and starwarsshit
it would be amazing!
what about that nigga Tarsem is he working on anything right now?

This is also considered a huge part of why the sequel trilogy went to apathy so quickly.
MARVEL already sort of dominates the area Star Wars held

even worse, he is also a star wars fanboy, just more woke than the others

FUNNEL!

Rule #1 of any type of artistic creation.
You're audience doesn't know what they want, ignore them.

Attached: Rey-Flip.png (1200x676, 791.09K)

it was remade with fortnite graphics and the original was forgotten about

I want more small-scale peacekeeping missions for the Jedi, like in Phantom Menace

Everytime I see that scene, I think of TheEricButts's reaction.
>*COUGH* *COUGH* NO FUCKING WAY

Attached: lol.jpg (634x352, 29.34K)

All will be forgiven with the entire Star Wars franchise if they just go hog wild and make a stand alone Podracing movie. Seriously, imagine it. Hell, Podracing x Fast and Furious.

This happened in the actual scene, so this isn't really that big of a deal

Attached: obi-wan-kenobi-spin[1].gif (498x206, 1.65M)

Overt and flashy moves pertain to the dark side. Engaging in such acts is inherently a dark side act too.
You can see how this works by looking at Count Dooku (not a “real” Sith, still moral, still believes himself to be fighting for good). He probably engaged in more and more flashy displays and thus fell from grace.

Showing off your power is cocky. Doing less with more. Opposite to the creed

This would be off-putting in the original
But as a custom piece, it's based

a classic soresu spin

All movies and games are like this. Good mechanics...nah just make something cool. Movies too

>garbage like this
It's a very nice re-edited fight scene. Let me posit the following; yes, the prequel fights are overlong and snooze inducing. Yes, the point of the fight in Star Wars IV is not some masterful display of skill.

However, I also think some display of skilled and intense battle (rather than a geriatric and a man in a plastic helmet with no vision shaking sticks together) would sell the sacrifice much better.
There is a sweet spot somewhere around a samurai movie or spaghetti western that Star Wars either goes over or under.

what a miserable cunt