The only good Anime

The only good Anime

Attached: akira.jpg (1000x1481, 148.33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ryJSu1f8Hi4&ab_channel=peripeteialasers
youtube.com/watch?v=Uoox9fpmDP0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

there are TWO objectively good animes

Attached: file.png (1000x561, 730.99K)

I don't know bro
have you seen Ninja Scroll?
a ninja girl gets finger raped
and a rock monster cuts dues in half
it's pretty bad ass

Attached: 5T2R7u1SnwXppgxHaYpvDKE7aXj.jpg (2560x1440, 155.9K)

>TETSUOOOOOOOOOO

I don't know if this is going to sound retarded, but it's kind of over-animated. I love the dedication and part of what makes it great, but it's like they went so crazy filling every second of the film with motion that just watching a character talk moves past emulating reality to amplifying the unreality of the medium. I never really thought about it, but what you choose not to animate is a important to the verisimilitude as what you choose to animate. Like a yin and
yang you need both for balance.

Let me translate OP
>I have seen at most three anime in my life, all of which come from adult swim and am too lazy to actually explore the medium so I am just gonna assume the shit from my childhood are the only good ones.

Not op but even after seeing a shitload of anime I can say most of it fucking sucks

i've seen over 100 animes and only two are good

You could have shown some movie you think could have expanded OPs knowledge of the genre, but instead you chose to be a smug faggotm

The entire movie is Tokyo then Neo-Tokyo demolishing. Very incredible art with extremely bad pacing. Happy I've finally watched it, though, it wasn't bad, but it goes classic "Nip Bonkers" style like NGE, which was a bummer.

Most of ever medium "sucks". You'd have to have absolutely no taste to think most of anything is good

Which ones? Akira is certainly nothing special outside of animation.

Lain is good

Attached: lain-user7122.gif (498x361, 1.36M)

No but at least with movies, books, music, and vidya there's countless good that's produced regularly whereas most anime is garbage and anything good is the exception. theres never been a golden age of anime where a lot of good anime is produced, there's been maybe little over 100 good animes in total

>Akira is certainly nothing special outside of animation
Absolutely filtered. Its themes are too subtle for you.

You think I am smug and not people like OP?
If I see 3 movies or play 3 video games and then proceed to claim with confidence that I know what the only good movies or games are, I would expect no less than to be treated like a complete faggot instead of being taken seriously.

There are far more good anime on average than movies or books, are you fucking retarded? Do you realize how many garbage B-movies are made and how much they outnumber the good movies? or how much garbage books there are because literally anyone can get something published. Books have by far the lowest average quality of any medium. There are more good anime coming out per year than what comes out of hollywood these days.

Lazy OP posts are just conversation starters that you shouldn't take too seriously.

>There are more good anime coming out per year
Name 15 from last year
It's easy as hell to name countless good video games and countless good movies from the last year alone, to do the same with anime it always results in splitting hairs and bringing up slice of life moe shit but with actually deep themes and characters

ITT: normalfags congratulating themselves for never going bellow the surface.

Just because you're the type of retard who chooses to watch a low budget Isekai anime over anything else doesn't mean no good anime are coming out. It's like fanfiction web novels and claiming most books are trash, which is true, but it's your fault for reading that stuff in the first place.

name 15 good animes from the last year

the only good anime is a DEAD anime

no user you're thinking of niggers

I have this and Ghost in the Shell.
I've seen Ninja Scroll, Vampire Hunter D, and Devil Man.
What else would be considered essential anime?
Also is this worth purchasing?

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-20-10-44-43.png (720x1280, 334.95K)

>There are far more good anime on average than movies or books, are you fucking retarded?

Not that user, but if you ask me, I don't know, are (You)?

I have basically perused the entirety of the medium that anime has to offer and Sturgeon's law need not apply (meaning that only less than 2% of it is even remotely good). The only thing that I can tell you is that if you're going to ask if anime is better than literature or film, mediums that have been characterized by the levity and quality of its producers, then at least have some modicum or sense of knowing and understanding of what you're talking about. Rather than just preach to the choir about how great it is like another moeblob sheep.

Wall of text aside, if anyone wants to know what anime to watch or manga to read, look no further than:

>Aoi Bungaku
>Berserk
>Fafner
>Getter Robo Armageddon
>Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex
>Giant Robo
>LOGH
>Ninja Scroll (along with Kawajiri's other works like Vampire Hunter D/Wicked City)
>Scryed
>Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal
>Tekkaman Blade
>Texhnolyze
>Shigurui
>Blame!
>Fourteen
>The World Is Mine
>Usogui
>Zatch Bell (manga only)

Attached: 48c.jpg (1224x1445, 144.99K)

>It's easy as hell to name countless good video games and countless good movies from the last year alone
Name them.
I can name anime like Odd Taxi and Sonny Boy, Nomad, Belle, to your eternity, Stone Ocean, etc from last year. Even 86 I would consider better in quality than the vast majority of movies and video games from last year. What are remarkable movies or video games form last year?

>I have basically perused the entirety of the medium that anime has to offer
>Nothing by Satoshi Kon on the list.
Yeah I'm thinking you haven't even scratched the surface
> I can tell you is that if you're going to ask if anime is better than literature or film
I am saying the average quality when you consider how much garbage comes out of those mediums, doesn't necessarily mean there isn't more good stuff in them either.
Nice job separating film from movies and literature from books though to try and make the mediums seem better. Maybe we should categorize all anime created by high level directors and studios into a different category too? Do you unironically think most movies and books aren't garbage? Chances are you do, but you're judging them by the best works they produce instead of looking at them as a whole. It's called perspective.

For video games?
I'll do 20 for lee-way incase you dislike some of these titles
It Takes two, Metroid Dread, RE village, Inscryption, Psychonauts 2, SMT V, GG Strive, Hitman 3, Returnal, Bowsers Fury, NEO world ends with you, Loop Hero, Unsighted, Monster Hunter, Valheim, Age of Empires, Orcs Must Die 3, Mechwarrior 5, Eastward, Blue reflection 2
For movies, 2021 was a genuine shit year, 2022 and 2020 have way better line ups so I'll concede here.
But there were still great normalfag movies like Licorice Pizza, French Dispatch, and Godzilla Vs Kong (if you're a godzilla fan)
I'll commend you for at least trying to name 10 animes unlike others in this thread but I personally wouldn't consider stuff like stone ocean to be good

>Do you unironically think most movies and books aren't garbage? Chances are you do, but you're judging them by the best works they produce instead of looking at them as a whole. It's called perspective.

Well I know for sure that they're not the same level of garbage that most anime are today.

>Yeah I'm thinking you haven't even scratched the surface

Satoshi Kon is overrated as fuck. Perfect Blue is his only good work.

>Stand alone complex instead of normal ghost in the shell
Bait

>Be a teenager in the early 2000s
>Lonely has fuck
>watch this for a week alone at night in my bedroom
>Wanted to kill myself
Kino

I love rape scenes

Most of these games are pretty mediocre
>Godzilla Vs Kong
> personally wouldn't consider stuff like stone ocean to be good
I am not much of a jojo fan but it's a million times superior to movies on that level, what's wrong with you?
I was assuming you were talking actual high quality stuff but considering the games and movies you picked, I am certain there are over 50 better anime that came out last year, even though I didn't watch most of them fucking hell.
You couldn't even name more than 3 movies.

Yeah I said Godzilla vs kong was good if you're a godzilla fan. Like I said 2021 was a very fucking shit year for movies, Dunc is shit.
>I was assuming you were talking actual high quality stuff
None of the animes you listed are above 7/10s or high quality

>Well I know for sure that they're not the same level of garbage that most anime are today.
Than you don't really read or watch much
>Perfect Blue is his only good work.
and bad taste to boot. Tokyo God fathers, millenium actress and Paprika>>>.999999% of all movies

>Tokyo God fathers
ywnbaw

>None of the animes you listed are above 7/10s or high quality
if that's the case than none of the stuff you listed is above 5/10, other than maybe age of Empires

Wrong.

Attached: what is that what the hell is that.jpg (590x2400, 145.21K)

>>Satoshi Kon is overrated as fuck. Perfect Blue is his only good work.
holy kek. imagine being this much of a pleb.

>Wanted to kill myself
why, weird one to want to kys over

tell me youre from reddit without telling me youre from reddit

>Than you don't really read or watch much

Doesn't matter. I won't pass anime as good art apart from the stuff that I already implied was good. If you even want to go further with that, read Kokou no Hito and see what I mean.

The movies are pseudo-philosophical junk. Liberating for the time, yes. But there's better cyberpunk stuff elsewhere and SaC is the peak of the GITS series.

Also, read Ravages of Time. It's a chinese manga (Manhwa), but it still trumps most of the stuff being crapped out in the manga industry.

gits isn't pseudo-philosophical junk you fucking pseudo-intellectual retard

Literally the first movie is just a copy and paste of Cartesian philosophy and the characters just go on and ramble on-end about how their concept of 'self' is nothing more than a ghost in the machine or more to them than meets the eye. The boat scene is a perfect example of this encapsulating the pseud-philosophy that Oshii mumbles on about. It's the same inane philosophy that he had when writing Patlabor 2, an arguably better movie than GITS.

youtube.com/watch?v=ryJSu1f8Hi4&ab_channel=peripeteialasers

How does any of this invalidate the message and philosophy of the movie, it's not "inane" philosophy because you don't understand it and think you can boil down the entire movie to be about the concept of the "self"

The concept of the movie isn't only just about self, but man vs machine, technology, identity, free will vs faith, and many others, yet all of these themes all come together in the end out of a way to tell the true nature of machinery and artificial intelligence.

It's not that I don't understand, but rather I think it contradicts the story because it doesn't tell it in a way that leaves the viewer incited or inspired in a way to make them feel or gain a new perspective towards how artificial intelligence should handle itself more capably in the future. Rather, it's more a cold reading of what AI actually is, rather than it's supposed to be.

Stand Alone Complex does a better job with the GITS storyline because it actually focuses on the characters and their development (no pun intended), and it doesn't try and insist upon itself as some sort of benign work of cyberpunk fiction like the movies try to do. Therefore, contradicting the nature of the story and making it harder to rewatch because it doesn't leave any impressions on the viewer.

With another cyberpunk story like, say, Texhnolyze, I could easily get back to that much better in a way than how GITS leaves me off because it tells those themes but in a much more nihlist and existential way. And with those episodes on the surface with references to Edward Hopper, there's no better example to prove that anime can be art but that.

Attached: hp3.jpg (640x636, 212.99K)

Your Name was genuinely beautiful though. Like in terms of pure aesthetic beauty only, so not judging plot or anything else, I honestly think it's one of the most beautiful films ever made.

i saw some freak using spacing, are you actually arguing with him?

Anime is not a genre

No. They fucked up by taking the end song out and editing it out of episodes that used it during the ep.
Fuck those cheap bastards.
Just find the torrent of the Japanese Bluray with the old US dub added in.
I already own the old DVDs. If I buy it on Bluray or 4K, I want a mastered version of it not a half assed job.
Funny. They have it on the recent vinyl soundtrack release.

Attached: evangelionfinally-vinyl_1800x.jpg (1381x1381, 199.86K)

Anime just means animation from Japan.
There's dozens and dozens of genres it covers.
And dozens and dozens of styles over the years.

Attached: kite laserdisc 03553270940.jpg (3684x1800, 1.46M)

>Fourteen
literally the only manga that can be considered as insane as fire punch without turning into a complete gorefest

hes right and you know it.

Perfect Blue isn't even his best, you massive retard.

I'm always right about everything. That's what people say about me. If not that, then you may as well call me a nerd.

Attached: gkA5sN5.jpg (1446x1080, 343.44K)

nah and
>doesn't tell it in a way that leaves the viewer incited or inspired in a way to make them feel or gain a new perspective towards how artificial intelligence should handle itself more capably in the future
gits doesn't need this at all

No he’s not

This movie was fucking shit. I watched it with my girlfriend telling her it was kino and it sucked. Fuck you Yea Forums

>AND YOU DON'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND

killer bass is this song, what a great opener. Lain is awesome. but to stay on track.. yes Akira is good, original Ghost in the Shell movie is INCREDIBLY kino..and I've been meaning to watch LotGH but yea it's a lot of episodes. I didn't really enjoy Cowboy Bebop, sorry Spikebros

youtube.com/watch?v=Uoox9fpmDP0

Attached: sing.jpg (400x199, 11.69K)

It’s called maximalism and it’s like watching money being spent in real time, that’s why I love it. Not to mention the depth of the visuals means you’ll notice something new every time.
Compare that to seasonal anime where they freeze on the character talking for 20 seconds at a time and you’ll see why people gravitate towards akira and flcl

What hidden gems are better than GITS, Akira, Cowboy Bebop, Perfect Blue, DB/Z, Paprika, NGE or Miyazaki?

There, I posted it.

Attached: ghost.jpg (1280x720, 108.14K)

Paranoia agent, black lagoon, texhnolyze, samurai champloo
Really these threads are the same 200 or so anime posted in rotation, I could probably put together a list of them all if I really wanted

I'll check those out. But what makes them better than the ones I've listed?