/film/

Thread for the discussion of arthouse films and classic cinema.

>/film/ literature
mega.nz/folder/OVIDlQTJ#7L4e8TGqNnbJEFqQzaf8lw
>/film/ charts
mega.nz/folder/DtpiBSjT#PFN4YVpwqQRDL7r2_ZKXUw
>/film/ directors directory
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qgdYsMPAaFWrAa_7EHLpXqpOHLaDLmytM9wJ5nhGtqs/edit?usp=sharing
>but user, how do I make webms with MPV?
github.com/ekisu/mpv-webm

previous

Attached: 1650475373156.png (737x508, 661.92K)

Does the Dark Knight count as an arthouse film?

Unpopular opinion; but I think it can be in a way. It’s sort of a blend of a movie and a film because it’s made to be entertaining, but I think you can also open your mind and get a view of chaos versus order and expand your mind a little since it has some serious underlining themes to it

Based user still keeping /film/ alive by baking breads!

When did Yea Forums start not caring about films? Is this a tranny psyop?

There’s very few good films to talk about anymore

film as an artform died, everyone here is just living off the leftovers. most have moved on

all the guys up in this bitch were tripfags who only liked korean stuff. not worth the trouble

Attached: EB20021208REVIEWS08212080301AR.jpg (1920x1080, 398.31K)

The Dark Knight = no
Le Chevalier Noir = yes

what are we watching today /film/bros? For me, it's Manon of the Spring

whats Zuławski's best film?

I've only seen On The Silver Globe and Possession and I love them both. On The Silver Globe is one of my favourite films of all time

Opinions on Peter Strickland?

Possession? I've read people really like L'amour braque
did you watch the japanese rip?

today I'm having the SEX with a WOMAN, cya later

have no idea. I remember streaming it on some random website

Terrorizers

Why do you have to joke about that sort of thing :_/

>pink skies
so beautiful

1/10, more creativity next time

Almost watched this this other day, ended up putting something else from the backlog on. Let us know what you think.

I've seen nearly all of them and found something to enjoy in nearly all of them- only one I didnt care for was La Note Bleue.

It’s true, though. Anyone who is a film connoisseur could easily see it. So you’re either just extremely stupid or missed a huge point to the film. Joker and Batman both go through a life changing event the “madness”, but they take opposite paths in dealing with it. It’s almost a little bit cheesy and hamfisted but there’s definitely some intrinsic artistic messages buried in the film

>And to add, I seriously implore you to think and find out what it REALLY is about certain less-commercial films that makes you enjoy them over the more typical fare.
Well, after going through 31 different data points for my 35 highest rated films, I've got almost nothing. Lot's of correlation, not much in the way of causation.

>what are we watching today /film/bros?
I hope to watch a nice film, I haven't found one yet though. Got any recommendations with well shot and choreographed action scenes in them?

Fun

Watched Amarcord
Maybe I'll also rewatch Eraserhead

Official Cannes poster. Did reddit win?

Attached: d3a17cd22545b418eb0f8bd816326f02ea381023[1].jpg (1188x1620, 222.95K)

Accattone and probably The hawks and the sparrows.

>The hawks and the sparrows
Strong mid part, meh on everything else. Accattone is great.

Michel Franco is doing a new film, shooting in Brooklyn with Chastain and Peter Sarsgaard

What are the five funniest kino from the past decade

I see. I should start right away, will report in a few hours if this thread survives American hours

I view the whole film as a journey of conquering pain and resentment. That’s something the 3 central characters of the film go through. And Batman is the protagonist because he defeats both of them. Harvey’s journey of being the movies good guy (the best of them) but then turning evil after Rachel dies, and then deciding he had to make things fair is basically the second part of Batman’s journey. That’s why he (order) has to first defeat the Joker and reestablish order, and then he can defeat Harvey which is his resentment. Perhaps of bit of a simple message, but still a good one. And really it’s just a good action movie and a PG-13 film so I really don’t see how it could’ve possibly been executed better

Have there been any funny kinos made in the past decade?

>I really don’t see how it could’ve possibly been executed better
This is better, 2/10

The general is full of fags so nobody wants to post in it.

A local theater is playing the new restoration of this. Should I go?
If I havent seen the earlier films chronologically should I still watch it?

Attached: MV5BYjRkOTU4ZDEtMmY5Ni00ZWI4LThjOWQtZDZjMDJiMWQ1YzIzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODU1OTc0MzI@._V1_.jpg (780x1093, 139.66K)

I have to give your bait 0/10, I’m sorry

is there a Bergman flowchart?

Comedy is dead

Attached: Guide to the Films of Ingmar Bergman in a Single Weekend.png (600x1000, 196.15K)

cheers
started with Smultronstallet because i related to the Scandinavian countryside setting, will do seventh seal next.

Just start with Seventh Seal and then watch Wild Strawberries or Persona like the chart from the guy above me suggests. Winter Light was one of the first ones I watched and it immediately appealed to me as well.

where would one go if you were to continue with the "more experimental" branch?

The Serpent's Egg

This makes sense, but I wonder what the overarching message of the Dark Knight rises would be

lol, this is along the lines of the "how to watch satantango" meme image

Yes
Yes

It's comfy but probably not worth paying for if you haven't watched the previous films desu

Is it /film/?

Attached: Boyhood-167037080-large.jpg (840x1200, 355.9K)

>Mirror in the OP
what do you guys like about this movie?

Extremement basé (et rougepillé)

I don’t know what Nolan was going for as much, but I think Bane was more of representive of the outside world, and dealing with challenges. But I think most people agree it wasn’t as good so I could be missing the mark with my interpretation

Absolutely.

Yes it is, it's barely even connected to his prior films, besides taking place in the theater seen in What Time Is It There?

Attached: projectin.jpg (1920x1080, 346.38K)

>besides taking place in the theater seen in What Time Is It There?
Yes i know, knowledge of fat guy clock scene makes this movie way better
It's just not the same if he has not seen it y'now

Attached: 1647794102717-pol.jpg (1024x584, 39.39K)

Turin horse fuckign sucked boring ass shit movie

It sucked because it was unironically about batman getting a girlfriend. It also sucked because Alfred kind of gave it away in like the first 5 minutes of the film. But yeah I don’t really know about the rest of it

Go back

>166843944
u goi back to ugoslavia or wherever this shitcuntmovie is froem nigger

Any film recommendations like Donkey-Boy Julien? I really liked the film's structure and style of exposition. Or really, a lack thereof. After a while the film began to have a mesmerizing effect on me.

Attached: 1649864816474.jpg (4032x3024, 1.47M)

>it sucked because it was about getting a girlfriend
Ah that must be why no one on Yea Forums liked it jk I have one

Is Nuit noire (2005) worth watching?

Opinions?

Attached: MV5BMjA4MDg0NTExN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTA4ODkyNw@@._V1_.jpg (335x500, 35.5K)

literally never heard of it so no.
your impressing noone by posting obscure films btw.

Disagree. I don't see why knowledge of that scene from WTIIT? would affect anyone's enjoyment of Goodbye, Dragon Inn.

Jesus, I haven't been on Yea Forums in months. When did /film/ die? This thread is appalling.