Just marathoned all the 4 Evangelion Rebuild movies and feel completely empty

Just marathoned all the 4 Evangelion Rebuild movies and feel completely empty.

Haven't felt this way since watching LOTR trilogy. Why can't Hollywood do things like this anymore?

Attached: evangelion-3.0-1.0-1.jpg (1746x907, 116.62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/jmKRgqWGrWc
youtu.be/utXF0PGPD3Q
youtu.be/0Uhh62MUEic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You are biased towards cartoons. Why not just discuss this with the people as biased as you?

they don't allow autists to make movies anymore except for quentin

the final movie is the ultimate midwit filter, pure soul

>Stop living in the past
>but remember to buy the long-haired Rei figure

Attached: OIP (11).jpg (474x616, 31.86K)

why not suck a dirty homeless man's cock you fucking goon

Are you scared of posting on Yea Forums?

>4 movies to culminate in a message that is literally just "have sex and become a wagie"

>Why can't Hollywood do things like this anymore?
What are you talking about, Hollywood butchers classic series with remakes all the time.

4 is literally Anno telling you to move the fuck on.

Yea Forums is fucking shitshow these days. I did spend some time there before it became borderline pedophile board with all the moe shit. That was about 10 years ago.

>you can make your own choices
>this thing exists, guess i can't choose anymore
?

I liked the 3.0+1.0 finale but pairing asuka with the nerd glasses guy who records everything, killing Rei and Mistao forever and giving literally Who Mari the Shinjibowl was a low take

Pretentious garbage for pseud teens? Have you tried watching Nolan movies?

>teenage show about giant ugly robots and girly girls grooming a little boy

garbage, even the director openly disrespects you fags. You have what you deserve you cockroaches

>scared
tranny detected, dial 8 and do (not) reply

aahhhh that explains why tranny user wants us to go. many, many such cases. fucking groomers.

Well Nolan is actually one of the few trying to make something original. Even if it doesn't always work.

But i bet you are contrarian who shit talks films like interstellar.

The rebuilds are actual dogshit. Stop fooling yourself and take that jap cock our of your mouth. The series ended in 1997. Everything after is just a cashgrab.

a contrarian? in MY Yea Forums? its more likely than you think.

I went there but not ONE of them gave me the CAMRIP. Where the fuckis it you Covid locked down faggots.? I’ve been dying to see this new flick for like ever and not one of them wants to sneak a cam into their social distanced theatres. Some bullshit about piracy fines. Fuck right off.

>pairing shinji with emotionally damaged 14 year old girl or with her borderline mother would have been better
Mari was the only logical result

the problem is thinking in terms of pairings at all, the series didn't need to, but this is just schlock written with a fandom perspective instead of of a heartfelt one.

>p-please stop speculating about my wife please, mari is definitely not a self-insert for her
was Anno autistic?

Are the rebuilds worth watching purely for Asuka and Ritsuko?

Attached: 1634808286884.png (827x1169, 1.62M)

are the rebuilds worth it?

>are the rebuilds worth it?

You know, they actually are.

Attached: gendo.jpg (604x453, 37.38K)

Attached: 1650419203557.jpg (400x333, 34.59K)

Gunbusters absolutely mogs the fuck out of evangelion

If your sould was made of shit, then yes. Pure unfiltered, shitkino.

Rebuilds are normie trash

Attached: 163074059833.png (1000x1080, 779.44K)

I want to fuck Mari

Attached: 700BD719-AC96-4D7A-8CA0-89A96C3AADC3.jpg (850x1244, 181.91K)

EVA-IMAGINARY

Attached: lain.png (1520x855, 770.66K)

I didn't ask about that. But I will still save this image.

You mean spend 10+ years making a movie with no Act 2 that farts out character arc conclusions in the last 7 minutes, then has the director turn a literal 'who?' into a wife insert, all in a vein attempt to tell his fans to grow up so he can get back to making a live action movie of fucking Ultraman, his childhood addiction?

Nah~

p-paizuri w/ nakadashi...

Attached: 1650245246572.gif (632x356, 1.21M)

What was the point of these movies? It seems like everything they explored was already done in the original anime and EoE. Was it only to give the characters a happy ending?

Yeah but which girl have the best ass though

> Watching D-tier tranime.

Attached: 25552099_1825481257743567_4132694757707068850_n.jpg (640x751, 52.23K)

Originally, to do a big budget retelling of the TV series. To modernize it... and get the rights consolidated under his personal production company.
It was all pretty solid until 3.0. That's where shit got weird. People tried to rationalize the weirdness and questionable decisions with 'muh meta analysis' but even Anno had no idea where to go after 3.0. Taking 10 years and hiring half a dozen writers to take over while he made blockbuster Toku. At this point, the only real point of these movies was some cool animation and watching Asuka fags seethe.

Of course, Misato didn't exactly get the happy ending I wanted either, so I guess the points don't matter; nobody wins!

TV series is still amazing though, so I guess we always have that.

anno needed a big project and a big infusion of cash to get his own studio up off the ground after leaving gainax. it probably helped him wrestle away the rights to the IP too. everything is incidental and made up as they went.

you got that from the rebuilds? the rebuilds have 1/4th the character development the original tv series had. i guess you should stay away from the original series because you might just commit suicide.

You’re lucky I felt like showing off my wife. I’m almost tempted to upload a quality image but I like knowing you plebs would never see them.

if you want more action with less character development, yes.

My 13 year old nephew just ejaculated for the first time today. So proud of him. Tasted amazing fresh from the napkin in his room.

If I found the original series boring and just liked the robots vs angel stuff, is this worth watching?

The fight scenes are all cranked up to 11 because everything is CGI. So it looks like a video game, with overly designed mechs doing backflips while falling from the sky.

If you're in to that, I guess you might enjoy 2.0, 3.0, and the last hour of 4.0.

You would probably enjoy 2.0 but I doubt you'd like the others.

the action is better on the rebuilds but theres still plenty of dead spots where the character development used to be is replaced with abstract acid trip free jazz. basically you can skip all the boring parts in the rebuilds and not miss a thing.

i still haven't watched 3.0+1.0. the first 3 severely disappointed me and came nowhere near the anime/EoE. i shall now leave the thread. goodbye.

maybe check out rahxephon

based post-and-ditch poster

No

>shit effects/art
>overly long for the sake of it
>the plot is too straightforward
>lacks any of the artistic subversion of the original

I could hardly believe how bad these movies were. There was no need for the addition of new characters at this point, especially ones that are so completely miss matched with the setting. Anno not being depressed really ruined it. Shit was trash

I honestly prefer the AOT threads here.

based ending
which one had the best song
youtu.be/jmKRgqWGrWc
youtu.be/utXF0PGPD3Q
youtu.be/0Uhh62MUEic

Attached: 1615596124600.jpg (300x371, 72.93K)

Best everything

Attached: C37CE6CB-FC55-44D8-BA75-0619FBB86987.jpg (1415x1000, 1.47M)

such a bland character

>best everything
That's not Rei though

fpbp

No.

Attached: [Erai-raws] Neon Genesis Evangelion - The End of Evangelion [1080p][Multiple Subtitle].mkv_snapshot_01.18.40_[2021.08.25_01.33.52].png (1920x1080, 2.86M)

kek

Shinji should have ended with Asuka. That's the logical outcome. That's literally why that happened in the EoE. Rei is his mom so she's out. Mari is nothing, just some figment of random outside anime. Asuka could have grown after all she'd endured, stopped being a bitch and they could have actually gotten along.