Can we have an underrated films thread? Just anything you think people should watch, infact

Can we have an underrated films thread? Just anything you think people should watch, infact
>Post a film that you think Yea Forums anons should watch

I'll start, CliffHanger

Attached: cliff hanger.jpg (900x900, 54.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZXcaF6k28k
youtu.be/Z3upxEdVw3g?t=130
youtube.com/watch?v=k9QyrnDq1lA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Six String Samurai

Still one of the most mindblowing stunts I've seen on film.

The Nice Guys (2016)

The Village. Adrian Brody plays a great retard.

The producer of this movie was willing to throw a lot of money around. He spent $4 million on various drafts of the script by multiple writers and the stuntman who crosses between the planes got paid a million for the stunt.

Attached: knights tale.jpg (450x679, 73.06K)

>that shorthaired chic

Attached: 1449461562906.jpg (620x455, 32.42K)

Rocky.
While very well known, I know shockingly few who've seen it. I myself have only recently come around to seeing it. Absolutely excellent.

Pretty mediocre but charming.

Laggies

Attached: Runaway_Train.jpg (500x694, 88.02K)

I enjoyed this one very much, and I haven't seen the film mentioned by itself anywhere, online or offline. I only found it after searching for "cosmic horror films" on youtube; I felt experiencing a Lovecraft story but was in no mood for reading. This was one of the recommendations and it's an absolute blast. It reminded me of The Colour out of Space (the book by Lovecraft, I haven't seen the 2019 film yet). It has the "alien" manifestation which dropped in the form of a meteor and basically started messing things up for humans, but it doesn't really care what humans are, it's just changing things because that's how it works, it's not "evil" as we conceive evil, it's just that the consequences of its actions are undesirable for us. It does an amazing job at presenting the cosmic - or "Lovecraftian" - horror. It even has that moment where the protagonist is recalling the events and explaining them, much like in The Statement of Randolph Carter and other Lovecraft's works. It makes sense that it flopped since it's such a niche genre, but it's a fantastic film and I recommend anyone see it, especially if you're interested in unusual horror films.

Attached: Annihilation_(film).png (220x343, 118.8K)

>I know shockingly few who've seen it.
tbqh most zoomers and millenials wont watch a movie made before 1985
t. my sister refuses to watch old movies

Cop Land & Tango & Cash for more slightly underrated/lesser mentioned Stallone movies

Attached: heaven&hell.jpg (260x475, 35.58K)

Attached: mouse hunt.jpg (220x329, 18.12K)

Attached: buckwheats.jpg (300x425, 51.23K)

A friend of mine refuses to see The Godfather, saying she has "plenty of other films to watch before it". It boggles my mind how she hasn't seen it yet, considering we're twenty seven years old now and when we were younger it used to air on television all the time. All of my other friend and I have seen it (including the second part) more than a dozen times. She only watches capeshit though. A quote from her about the Daredevil tv series: "I really dislike it, but I have to watch it, it's a Marvel tv series after all".

>she
lmao

Attached: Crystal_Project_HMKefqc3pa.jpg (1920x1080, 416.02K)

The last good action adventure kino ever produced

Attached: The mummy.jpg (767x580, 89.46K)

When i was a kid I'd do a lot of mountain climbing with my dad. Cliffhanger came out right around that time. So anytime the topic of climbing came up with normies, the first question was, "Oh man, you guys get to use those sweet fucking bolt gun things though, huh?" and we'd have to explain that those don't actually exist. The weird thing is nobody would believe us, in fact they'd get mad at us and say we must not be real climbers.

This is actually a really good terrible movie.

Attached: 277748123_3067342243519044_350734480555204218_n.jpg (720x540, 65.8K)

Yeah, that pretty much explains it in total. I have yet to meet a woman that has good taste in films. I've met plenty that have no taste, in the sense that they simply do not care about cinema, and that's fine by me, but it's kind of sad to see a person consider herself a "movie lover" and watch basically exclusively marvel films. Some stereotypes are in fact complete truth.

Attached: back to the future.jpg (799x950, 144.59K)

One line plot, great atmosphere, great camera work, great landscapes, actual locomotives no cgi, what's "terrible" about it?

Attached: 78547436.jpg (474x711, 75.7K)

It's just a b movie setup, kinda shitty plot and writing, but the actors decide they're going to go all out on this one for some reason.

when I watched it I thought about Colour Out of Space all throughout. the plot was very much adapted without trying to be a straight up copy. it was alright and it was entertaining and a bit more stimulating than the usual capeshit but not amazing by any means.

The 2019 Colour Out of Space is also pretty decent but only if you've read the original and enjoyed it. Otherwise it feels all over the place. Colour was my favorite HPL story so that's probably why I'm viewing it through magenta tinted glasses.

i'll take a fun but relatively dumb marvel enjoyer over a dumb art hoe who thinks watching arcane is subversive. i've met quite a few in my time as a virgin.

kino as fuck

Attached: Black_death_poster.jpg (363x274, 26.41K)

For me its watching 80s kinos

Yes, the plot feels more than inspired by The Colour out of Space.
>not amazing by any means
I really enjoyed it, but do you have an amazing by some means film which fits this genre? I love these cosmic horror themes, makes sense since I enjoy Lovecraft's work.
>was my favourite HPL story
Is something else your favourite now? What would that be?

Absolutely, art hoes always seem disingenuous to me, I can't stand them. The above mentioned capeshit loving friend is an actually fun person to hang out with, while every art hoe I've ever met was so obnoxious I couldn't spend more than five minutes talking to her.

youtube.com/watch?v=LZXcaF6k28k

This cover has always fascinated me. How does that cliff work? It's just floating midair.

Attached: MV5BZjUwMDk0MTgtMmJkMS00YmFhLTk2MzYtYmU1OTk0ZTI3NDhhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjMwMjk0MTQ@._V1_.jpg (720x1080, 265.82K)

>the actors decide they're going to go all out on this one for some reason.
The director was a soviet, you don't joke with these guys.

My favourite part is when Solomon capes up in slow motion and then hunts down the bandits.
youtu.be/Z3upxEdVw3g?t=130

blonde jolie is best jolie

Attached: iu[1].jpg (630x1200, 116.75K)

Its just a great movie

the part with the bolt-on ladder and the helicopter? or the plane-to-plane bit in the beginning?

>Rocky
You are genuinely mentally ill. It won 3 Oscars.

The Second Story is even better in my opinion.

Attached: house-2-second-story-arrow-bd-882x1024.jpg (882x1024, 160.49K)

based

Stupidly fun and cool movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=k9QyrnDq1lA

trevor 'the kinomeister' rabin

Attached: AE78F8D1-AC0C-406A-A07D-DB53E1800720.jpg (520x826, 139.3K)

What a dope fucking movie I only saw because I bought a $3 DVD with a bunch of low quality horror movies. Awesome fucking soundtrack too. Surprise Viggo Mortensen as Satan too, really just hit me in the right spot and I never had anyone to show it to. Have a great day user

Attached: 1647642987183m.jpg (284x1024, 71.18K)

now i need to watch this

based

Attached: MV5BOWE2YzQ4MDMtZmQ5Yi00YjU5LTkyMzUtYzk5NzY3OTFiM2MwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0NTI0Nw@@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1500, 152.53K)

lol, I probably should have clarified because there is so many awesome stunts but the plane to plane.

I don't know if it's "underrated" but A Matter of Life and Death is one of the best movies I've ever seen, and I've yet to hear anyone talk about it.

Attached: A Matter of Life and Death 1946.jpg (1920x1080, 323.07K)

Why should I watch these?
At least provides a reason, but not a very good one. The cars and big names are a better draw, it's like a mini con air when it comes to the cast.
Is a write up that makes me want to give it a shot. I know it's not your job to educate me shit lord, but I can't even be bothered to pull up the imdb if you don't care either.

That poster is so fucking retarded, massive boulder just hanging in the air, who looked at that and said yeah, that looks cool.

Attached: Juno-Jennifer-Garner-Elliot-Page-JK-Simmons-Reunite-2022-Oscars-Video-0001.jpg (1200x630, 133.38K)

Attached: 7qCNmNkroQ9dlanNleHLv3v1QH1.jpg (1527x2175, 682.58K)

kino medieval with sean bean, youre in for a treat

Attached: temple of doom.jpg (2160x2880, 1.33M)

>who looked at that and said yeah, that looks cool.
me at the movie theater with my mom circa 1993

Good question, because the theatrical poster looks like this.

Attached: Cliffhanger_1993_original_film_a.jpg (1054x1500, 257.28K)

kino monster movie that no one ever talks about

Attached: MV5BNzk1NjU5ODYtODI1Yy00Y2EwLTg0Y2QtZDJhMGU5OTM2NWYzXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_.jpg (1789x2636, 484.03K)

based

for me, it's this italian kino
also, morricone music

Attached: una1.jpg (500x679, 105.88K)

fired up
horrible teen comedy but with everyone 10 years too old to be high schoolers
basically 2 football dudes go to cheerleading camp to bang away and skip out of the competition to party with their football team the last week but will they find they care more about the team or team spirit? who knows? watch and find out!

plus anything eric christian olsen is having comfy fun with your bro tier

Attached: 757B9638-4667-42DC-BC6C-5F26700B0595.jpg (648x434, 63.89K)

Thanks man, that's a good enough hook for me.

Based

Attached: sky high.jpg (1000x1430, 419.61K)

If underrated and Stallone, then F.I.S.T. is the answer. The first film of Stallone (and Bill Conti) after Rocky's unexpected success, directed by Jewison at his peak searching for the next big thing after Fiddler On The Roof / Jesus Christ Superstar, based Joe Esterhas' debut in Hollywood (the story and at least 95% of the script is his work, Stallone is only credited as Rocky-fame gave him the idea that he can write and had to meddle w/ some details due to his ego) and photographed by László Kovács fresh off Scorsese's New York, New York. If you're familiar with the era, you'll see a few familiar faces in the small roles too. While F.I.S.T didn't live up to it's great potential (it's hard to avoid the Irishman comparisons due to the more or less common theme), it provided us memorable bits here and there. Most importantly, an unexpected Stallone performance in an atypical role that gave us a glimpse what he could have been if he decided to chase dramatic roles instead of switching to be an action-hero.

Attached: fist.jpg (1500x2262, 2.14M)

Legit never even heard of this