Severance (2022)

Name 1 reason why this isn't one of your top 5 most favorite TV shows of all time.

It is the most brilliantly written TV series of the 2020s and possibly the 2000s.

Attached: powerful.jpg (3840x2160, 1.69M)

Best acting in all of 2000s for sure

Which one Yea Forums?

Attached: 1650296579383.jpg (1205x803, 95.21K)

luv' me some hootin' tootin'

I mean it’s good but let’s not get carried away here.

Exulted choral. At first I though spooky ambient but I can guess what that would be.

>Name 1 reason why this isn't one of your top 5 most favorite TV shows of all time.
because its on apple tv

i have watched 6 episodes and i can already tell it is not going anywhere. I have the terrible feeling they will not explain anything and will draw out any resolution for 5 seasons or so, at which point they will come up with some crappy ending. Why cant these shitty writers actually have a good ending in mind when they come up with this sort of stuff and complete the story in one season instead of milking it for years and making everyone sick of watching it anyway? Its going to be literally Lost 2.0

I just gotta know what maximised rhythms sound like

Just torrent it.

>no contemplative jazz

Attached: 61AC979C-6D7C-4ED4-808A-F92A606019FB.gif (264x264, 1.17M)

because is not that great.

1) actors are mediocre to terrible
2) aesthetic direction is awful
3) the plot is filled with irrational plot holes
4) themes are handled quite poorly
5) we all know that the mystery box isn't going to satisfy anyone

7/10.

So not only are you assuming how it will play out rather than simply watching to find out, but you’re a disgusting plotfag who needs to spoonfed narrative closure? Absolutely disgusting.

Attached: 1E0C8D95-8F9B-443A-B3FE-D1EB00DF42F3.jpg (750x747, 280.15K)

Post a torrent link then faggot

a few episodes in, very cool cinematography

>1) actors are mediocre to terrible
shoot up cunt, the acting is hecking amazing

the quintessential and dishonest "weird for weird sake" television show. A show that's not at all comfortable with being genuinely strange, but rather decides when it is time for that water cooler conversation scene. A show that's so pastiche that it doesn't feel like a single aspect about it is original or sincere.
A complete tonal mess, a show that sometimes feel like it's a Wes Anderson movie and sometimes a LOST episode. Hyper self-aware of itself, polished to a fault, never challenging. A show made with a single goal in mind and that goal is to make normies go "oooo how delightfully strange xD"

It's not terrible, but it's nowhere near being great.

>Name 1 reason why this isn't one of your top 5 most favorite TV shows of all time.
because I have seen more than 5 shows let alone mystery boxes

>because I have seen more than 5 shows let alone mystery boxes
Pfft bet you haven't even seen the greats like Game of THrones

It's kind of like a Franz Kafka novel that has been dumbed down and its themes made painfully obvious, but it's still a good show. Casting is top tier. I'm not even a /pol/fag but the guy who played Milchuk nailed that obnoxious uncle tom 'professional black guy' that we all encounter at work or college at some point, i.e completely fake and sucks up to wealthy whites

I liked it, was entertaining, but I really hope they ansewer the questions they brought up and don't drag this shit out for 9 seasons where more characters and plotlines keep getting introduced.

I'm worried about season 2 because honestly it feels like we only really one more episode to resolve everything. I have a feeling season 2 is going to hit the reset button only to arrive at the same thing by the final episode. I noticed in the season finale there was a lot of plot contrivance to drag the episode out
>Are you my sister? I need to tell you this vital piece of information right now!
>Ok after the reading
>...
>Alright the reading is over, so Lumon is-
>Ugh my baby is crying, just a sec!
>Oh hey Mark, wanna see a photo of your "''''dead''''' wife?
>Here you g- OH hold up, baby is crying, gotta run!

Because it still has the potential to not deliver on anything and turn to shit

>Name 1 reason
full of filler and cheap cliff hangers to fill out the run time of what was once thought of as a 1 season mini series

soo far to much petey crap story and not enough in office shenanigans

because it introduces a random bunch of ideas and none of it ever goes anywhere
don't get me wrong, it's a cool show, I liked it but it's not even in the top 20 best written shows of the 2000s

>It's kind of like a Franz Kafka novel
Not even close. Literally the kind of scenario that a 15 year old could come up with high school.

>don't get me wrong, it's a cool show, I liked it but it's not even in the top 20 best written shows of the 2000s
oh yeah? name #10 to #20

Don't really care for the actor and Stiller is a dweeb
Don't need much more reason than that

Because nothing gets resolved by the end of the season

the purest of kino. best ive seen since terror s1

Playful punk

ok give a moment and don't go nowhere

>running away like a little bitch
i accept concession

The morose tone obstructs binging. Predecessors like Wayward Pines, the Prisoner and Lost bode for an almost certain let down.

It's very good, though. It's shot really thoughtfully, the cast is terrific, the sets are inspired and the locations are impeccably selected. Definite 4/5 TV series. I hope hindsight proves it to be as good as you expect it will be.

>The morose tone obstructs binging
Nah, I binged it all in 2 days easy.

outer range mogs it without leaning on plebbit humor and pozzed cast. simple as. give me seething (you)s to the right

You think Kafka's scenarios are complex?

>Dragged out plot with fillers everywhere.
>Show can't decide if Lumon is a big brother that has complete control over their lives, or an incompetent mess where a surgeon is the caretaker, guard, and interrogator.
>The GILF who outted innie Helly could scream that she is an innie and not let her go onto the stage (she is crazy and fired anyway, nothing to lose, everything to win).
>The chip in their brain can be activated and deactivated hundreds of miles away.
>It is apparently easier to develop a chip that completely alters your brain instead of making a chip that numbs your pain during pregnancy.
The idea of the show is nice but it is far from being "the most brilliantly written" anything.

what are some cool things about it?

This show is the ultimate patrician-filter, it hints at having depth that isn't there. Stylish, and well-made for a current tv show, but it's shallow as a puddle.
Scenes that should have involved explorations of what the show actually has to say were instead bizarre ironic caricatures of intellectual faggots ("lol, stop thinking about it so much and just have FUN!!!"). Those scenes were a direct inb4 for anyone expecting substance, because the creators know that they fundamentally have nothing to say.

I need to watch this

Westworld, but somehow even worse

It's a cool TV show dude, since when can TV show even be high art. TYM

Apple + shills getting desperate I see. I worked on For All Manking at the Sony lot back when you guys first launched. I can still remember all the crew saying “it’s gonna be huge” lmao

Westworld was made by a woman

Well, yeah, it's a neat show with an interesting concept, but it's so badly dragged out with filler involving boomer faggots, and the finale was a cliffhanger with no payoff.

the sheer volume of shilling for this garbage is insane. apple is absolutely DESPERATE for a hit

This.

I hear you about the cliffhanger finale. I assume they might have felt this was necessary for a renewal of the second season maybe? Idk.

Shit user. Better critique than most of Roger Ebert’s reviews. You just summed up a fucking entire sub genre of today’s corporate media. This post is probably sucking your dick so hard that people will accuse you of same-fagging. But shit like this is why I frequent this sub. Legitimately good criticism of contemporary cinema every 40 threads or so.

>3) the plot is filled with irrational plot holes
elaborate

>It's kind of like a Franz Kafka novel

Attached: 7F5B3DBA-74CB-470C-9A12-1C22158AC9C1.jpg (1600x1216, 222.43K)

This pasta belongs in every single thread.

>everyone is acting like severance has stiff competition and needs to be perfect
>the next best show is tranny race mixing propaganda

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12.45K)

fpbp

>1) actors are mediocre to terrible
lol
>2) aesthetic direction is awful
lol stopped reading

>Name 1 reason why this isn't one of your top 5 most favorite TV shows of all time
ill wait until its finished before I decide whether or not to add it to any lists
plenty of shows have had a good first series and then gone to shit

Thoughtful grunge, easy

retarded OP's superlatives aside, it's great
a little too Terry Pratchetty, the innie environment and actions are like they're in a Discworld book

>acting like severance has stiff competition
it’s competing with every piece of visual media in existence for my time. I’m thinking it has serious competition

When the best thing you have is a sapfest with Jason Sudeikis as your main lead, it would make anyone desperate

tbqh weird for weirds sake can be good when it pushed beyond normie comfort zone like Raised by Wolves

Raised by Wolves is trash, though.

sure but it’s legitimately weird and not corporate board room weird