Greatest animated asian film of all times, hands down

greatest animated asian film of all times, hands down

Attached: poster_opt.jpg (338x507, 48.24K)

Waiting for the netflix black girl version

that's not mugen train

Looks like your typical weeb fantasy. Sell me on it.

Reminder that anime has and will always be a passing fad. Just cause Demon Slayer outsold Marvel me DC ONCE donest mean shit.

thats not saying much

>ywn your soul mate in a Japanese city staircase

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 218.84K)

That´s not Dragonball Z

It wasn't great but it wasn't bad.

Ninja Scroll is still the peak of anime, nothing compares to its sheer level of good taste and pitch-perfect storytelling.

Japs have made too many of these shitty schoolgirl romance anime films in recent years. They fool retarded western critics and weebs with decent voice acting and good visuals, but the stories are as generic and uninspired as they come.

*coff*

Attached: url(1).jpg (1385x2048, 1.57M)

who cares if something isn't extremely popular? lol i bet you think capeshit is good because NPCs watch it, nigger

>They fool retarded western critics and weebs with decent voice acting and good visuals, but the stories are as generic and uninspired as they come.
you're thinking of the marvel movies retard

For me its sword of the stranger

>criticizes anime
>whaddabout marvel tho?????
Like clockwork

no, i just pointed out that you were describing any marvel movie

>shitty animes are shitty
>NOOOOOOOO MARBLE BOVIES ARE SHITTY
Embarrassing.

Marvel and DC are good because they tell high quality stories and make movies with high production value. That’s why they are popular. Anime and manga tell shit tier juvenile stories with poorly animated adaptations. One anime gets popular with zoomers once and suddenly everyone creams themselves for japshit.

>embarrassing
marvel movies yes they are

Attached: 1650232642234.jpg (847x900, 44K)

this but unironically

>anything
>MARVELMARVELMARVELMARVELMARVELMARVEL
Did Stan Lee molest you or something?

>Tranime

>greatest animated asian film of all times
Fucking zoomers....

>Did Stan Lee molest you or something?
well he's a jew probably molested someone they're all pedos

It's not Magnetic Rose

Attached: 1623766612598.jpg (1400x700, 132.64K)

How is it any better than Akira or Mononoke Hime? It's not, it just tied in with a real life comet or whatever that is completely irrelevant to anyone who doesn't live in the blast zone. Even the Haruhi Christmas movie is better

Akira isn't that great. It's a masterpiece in animation, but utterly fails at telling an engaging story.

Mononoke Hime, on the other hand, is one of the best animated films ever created.

Seriously there's like 20 of them and they all are the same and even have the exact same cover

oh n-

Attached: ohnonono.png (751x641, 640.05K)

I'd rather not tell you the specifics, because the best aspect of the film is how it drip-feeds you information as to what is really going on in such a way that you have all of the information you need to spot the twist, but its presented to you in such a way that you always have something else on the screen you are looking at instead on your first viewing so the twist is just as much a surprise to you as it is to the MCs. It is a very well crafted plot tot he point that I hesitate to even tell you what the first 10 minutes are about, because that would require me to either tell you what the plot is or lie to you.

Its just a really well directed, fucking beautifully animated movie with a banging soundtrack.

bait

Attached: MV5BMmMzOWNhNTYtYmY0My00OGJiLWIzNDUtZWRhNGY0NWFjNzFmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjUxMDQ0MTg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_[1].jpg (1000x1480, 115.22K)

Yeah, I like anime but the industry is starved of ideas. 95% of stuff coming out falls into
>shounen garbage
>isekai wish-fulfillment
>Yui from K-On reskin learning a new hobby
>le artistic OVA about a depressed loner staring out the window

Last one I really enjoyed was Aquatope, and even that had a "Paid for by the Osaka Tourism Department! BTW get back to work, wagie!" message casting a shadow over it.

>no counter arguments

looks pretentious, satoshi kon is basically the A24 of anime

>one anime get popular once
yeah true, anime wasn't popular before Demonslayer, there weren't dozens of shonens and shingeki that stormed mainstream you absolute nigger

>pretentious
I can't think of much anime that's as pretentious as McDonald's arthouse stuff. The only thing about PB normies wouldn't like is the unreliable narration, which is the entire point since it's Paranoid Schizophrenia: The Movie.

I even showed my parents Tokyo Godfathers one Christmas and they ended up liking it after they got tired about complaining it wasn't live-action.

Name one popular anime before Demon Slayer and don’t cite Dragon Ball, Bleach, Naruto, or One piece.

>marvel movies
>good visuals

Attached: Captain-America-Civil-War-Heroes-Collide.jpg (600x400, 38.86K)

Akira, Jin-Roh, and a good chunk of Ghibli movies are better, and that's just mainstream films

>Name one popular anime before Demon Slayer
>And don't cite these popular anime from before Demon Slayer
Pokemon & Yugioh

funny that weebs can only praise modern anime movies and never modern japanese movies
japan cinema must be that trash lol

It's not Stinkbomb

>Reminder that anime has and will always be a passing fad.

Daily reminder; people said the same shit about Video Games and Cars

wrong

Attached: MV5BZGRkOGMxYTUtZTBhYS00NzI3LWEzMDQtOWRhMmNjNjJjMzM4XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_.jpg (2400x3457, 1.56M)

Speed Racer
Kimba

If the characters were black and trans respectively, maybe.

I wish there was a thread for shooped posters of netflix sequels

>name one thing that fits this criteria but don't name these several things that fit my criteria
Do you people realize how retarded you look when you say this

>bunch of undeveloped side characters
Sorry, it's shit

It was okay. But I wouldn't say it's better than something like Spirited Away, Grave of the Fireflies, or Millennium Actress

perfect blue and a silent voice are better

gay

why is every single fucking picture i see in japan it's overcast
do they not have blue fucking sky over there?

oversaturated piece of shit with incoherent story for toddlers

this movies success just shows hw braindead most people really are. ive given up hope on humanity

>more high school shit
why can't nip animators grow out of their high school phase?

That's not Ghost In The Shell or Jin Roh

I think you meant Paprika. How else would that hack Nolan steal concepts for inception

>Assuming that weebs watch anything BUT anime
Weebs have to be the most close minded people ever when it comes to watching stuff out of their comfort zone, this is why shitty subpar shows like Demon Slayer and Your Lie In April get praised to high heavens because these retards never see anything that isn't anime so they don't have a frame of reference for what makes good content