Which is the better franchise overall?

Which is the better franchise overall?

Attached: Star-Wars-Vs-Star-Trek-Header.jpg (1710x900, 312.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Atmy3B_SRYg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

trek and it isnt even close, though wars is much more aesthetic

There are far more watchable, good minutes of Star Trek than Star Wars. And Star Trek II, IV, and VI are better than any of the Wars movies. Verdict: Trek.

Trek. As bad as it is today it never shit the bed like the sequels did. A new bad trek show? Whatever. Assassinating Luke Skywalker's character? Unrevokable.

Star Wars by a lot.

Godzilla.

Attached: GigaChad ascends.jpg (1600x1138, 662.81K)

Star Wars. Trek attracts pedophiles. Go ask the FBI.

In terms of Yea Forums related stuff, Trek.
If you were going to factor in books and vidya then Star Wars wins on that front.
It's 3 good movies and a bunch of dreadful ones vs 3 great TV series and a few mediocre ones.

Which has nothing to do with which franchise is best.

Probably trek, although the trek universe does operate on the extremely shaky foundation of an insane communist paradise

LOL
Star Wars 1977 STOMPS all of Trek and you know it.
Answer me this, which of these two:
>Star Wars
>Star Trek: The Motion Picture
played for six years straight with only a two week break?
Thank you. I rest my case.

Subjectively Star Wars. I just can't get into Star Trek.

Definitely Star Trek, for all the reasons others have pointed out but also the fact that Star Trek is actually intelligent and thought-provoking and (mostly) hard sci-fi.

Star Wars is two great movies plus one good movie (the OT) plus a bunch of awful capeshit, but none of it makes you thing or engages you any more than a typical war movie.

That's not what OP asked, you illiterate faggot.

>the best Star Wars movie is better than the worst Star Trek movie
No shit. So what?

Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is immeasurably better than The Last Jedi. Wrath of Khan is also better than every other Star Wars movie.

Trek is boring for shit for nerds.

Before modern Trek, I would have said Trek easily. It's still Trek, but modern Trek is worse than modern Wars.

>modern Trek is worse than modern Wars.
No it's not. Not even close. Both have a lot of shitty productions but Trek has Lower Decks and Prodigy, and Picard season 2 is actually not terrible (yet). All Wars has is Mando, and it's just six 35 minute eps a year.

Attached: R1.jpg (1024x526, 84.92K)

youtube.com/watch?v=Atmy3B_SRYg

Attached: 2weeks.jpg (600x784, 62.33K)

going quantity over quality i see

Filtered the only good Star Trek movie is the first one, it caps off the OG series perfectly and is a great story about identity, self-identity and destiny. Gotta love it, pure kino.

Prequels beat everything

Nope. Lower Decks and Prodigy are both better than Mandalorian. Picard is better than The Book of Booba Feet, which is absolute trash. Discovery is irredeemable garbage, but so is the sequel trilogy and Solo.

It's like comparing apples and oranges. Star Wars is a romantic mythological epic, like an Arthurian cycle for the space age. Star Trek is idealistic philosophical exploration of things like morality, society, and the possibilities of human development, all in a space ships & ray guns setting.

I'm gonna score this similar to a boxing match:

Trek won the 60s (obviously)
Wars won the 70s (obviously)
The 80s were a tie
Trek won the 90s
Trek won the 00s
The 10s were a tie
Trek is winning the 20s

Trek is up 4 decades to 2 at this point and likely to be up 5 decades to 2 at the end of the 2020.

Trek won the 10s

Wars won the 10s

Trek
Star Wars was only good from 1977-1983

This is a Trek board.

Attached: 1634407354224.jpg (400x400, 26.2K)

Both fictional universes have the problem of depending a lot on their original premises. As soon as Star Wars starts going outside of the "cosmically important family drama of force-sensitive people" concept, it starts to seem like generic soft sci-fi. As soon as Star Trek starts going outside of the "tight-knit Federation crew, maybe with some fun recurring characters, dealing with weekly challenges" foundation, it starts to seem like generic near-future bumpy forehead alien sci-fi. Maybe this is an issue of lack of writing talent, though. Or maybe I haven't read/watched the right things.

Star Trek by far.

Star Wars have so many retarded stuff, you can't enjoy it. And the acting was super shit, like amateurish.

I love Trek, but it's kinda funny how many of its famous tropes are there because of budget constraints. Bumpy forehead aliens because it's expensive and it sucks for actors to do anything else. The transporter to avoid having to film ships traveling to and from planet surfaces. Tricorders, maybe, because "hey, a plastic box that does whatever the plot needs". All of it pretty genius, actually. And it helps to keep the focus on moral and philosophical exploration. But it does start to seem silly if you try to treat it as hard sci-fi. Like, why are most aliens humanoid? I know that TNG episode explained it but it feels like an ass-pull.

TNG > TOS > ENT > DS9 > VOY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> STD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> SPIC >>>>>>>>>>> dogshit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> PGY = LOW

>Maybe this is an issue of lack of writing talent, though. Or maybe I haven't read/watched the right things.
Nah you pretty much nailed it.

Trek's advantage is that you can do a WHOLE lot more with a crew on a mission to explore endless strange new worlds than you can with Skywalker family drama.

Star Wars. Star Trek will be compleatly forgotten within a generation

>Like, why are most aliens humanoid? I know that TNG episode explained it but it feels like an ass-pull.
There are actually quite a lot of Trek aliens that aren't humanoid, but they are played by human beings so they seem to be humanoid. Like the Gorn, Trelane, Q...

>Star Wars. Star Trek will be compleatly forgotten within a generation
Star Wars is the dead man walking. Trek is alive and well. There's only so much you can do when every single show and movie has to revolve around a Skywalker.

Star Wars has better games but Star Trek is the better series

Yeah TOS had lots of weird energy beings and god-like beings, but then after that the franchise went in a more "sci-fi geopolitics" direction. Not that that's a bad thing, I like both.

I can't even watch the real star wars if I wanted to
Does anyone know where to get that Harmy's de specialized trilogy these days?
I just spent ten mins reading 5 year old forum posts but all their link rabbit holes end up being deleted :/

I've seen some next gen but cannot remember any of it but I remember star wars so...

Trek by far.

Look I hate Boba Fett but Picard is fucking cringe as all hell. Legitimately some of the worst television i’ve ever seen

Fucking based.

I have it downloaded. It’s the only Star Wars i’ll watch now.

Picard season 1 is bad.
Picard season 2 is meh.
Book of Boba Fett is horrendous. It literally had moped fights.

Attached: FJShVwoVgAMPSz-.jpg (1170x840, 122.15K)

You are remembering an imaginary version of Lucas' Star Wars, especially the original trilogy. It was always more about the star wars than the Skywalker family or force. The shitty ass Disney trilogy has retroactively made everyone hallucinate stuff into the old films that wasn't there.

Attached: tumblr_ndfasi72lP1tjphnco1_500.jpg (500x382, 54.89K)

>You are remembering an imaginary version of Lucas' Star Wars, especially the original trilogy. It was always more about the star wars than the Skywalker family or force.
Bullshit. Literally the most remembered moment of the OT was Darth Vader telling Luke he was his father.

Argue, with words, what you believe this proves about your statement.

>Your father's lightsaber
>I am your father
>So you have a twin sister
Idk user it really seems like most of what happens in those 3 movies is because Luke and his dad Vs the death Star of the week

the original series > the OG star wars films > TNG

>three lines
The OT is SIX HOURS LONG.

You can argue the first movie but 5 and 6 are deliberately Luke and dad while the rest fill time

No one is winning in the 20s

Attached: 1523106015407.jpg (194x273, 9.23K)

Dude you can't honestly say that the OT doesn't heavily focus on the Skywalker family and space wizard force shit. It clearly does.

>Argue, with words, what you believe this proves about your statement.
Demanding evidence for uncontroversial propositions is trolling, user.

TIL some Wars fans are so autistic they don't think the OT is about the Skywalker family

My theory: their autism prevents them from understanding the family themes and scenes and all they notice is the pew-pew, like a colorblind person not being able to perceive color

Star wars wins in the vidya, book and other media front but on movies and shows it's a landslide for Trek.

Trek has like 2 decent movies , the rest is yawn