When will they stop making the Joker edgy?

When will they stop making the Joker edgy?

Attached: 730E6F89-1CAC-4203-8851-7A714D534563.jpg (308x164, 4.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/0kU34BQveuo?t=305
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Joker should be a centrist liberal NPC like OP.

Never, Ledge ruined the character for eternity

He should be a psychopath, but he should at least look like a clown. Mark Hamill's Joker was great because he looked and acted like a cartoon character while also being a dangerous murderer.

Was Joker from Joker edgy?

It would have been kino if Joker was the only campy character in this dark and grim Batman universe

The Batman is going for the realistic vibe which is what Warner Brothers think the audience wants instead of an R rated batman

Damaged joker wasn't all that edgy and you all hated it

Once again I fail to understand why they don't just base their characterization on the DCAU. The Joker should be sinister but still funny.

Attached: jokerbtas.jpg (1400x1400, 248.85K)

doesn't that guy end up getting fed up and scaring the joker or am I confusing him with someone else?

This

the joker should be me because i want to be worshipped by the public for being wacky and crazy.

Yeah, you remembered right. The only thing that scares Joker is another man becoming the Joker.

Joker is a boring character and I wish they would stop blowing him at every opportunity.

When an actress steps up and offers to better Pfieffer's Catwoman. Sadly no woman in Hollywood has the balls. Maybe Jodie Comer does.

I don't remember this was the only image I had that wasn't a webp

He's a clown who murders people because he thinks it's funny. The only way to make him more of an edgelord than he already is would be if he also wanted to prove that God isn't real

Joker without Batman is boring because he really is just a psychopath. That was my problem with Joaquin making him sympathetic. I also hate how they keep finding new ways to make the character edgier and more fucked up instead of funny. It's a cheap substitute. If The Joker isn't at least somewhat funny then he's just a serial killer and that's boring.

Attached: dark_knight_returns_part_1.jpg (1290x934, 448.95K)

When are thy going to stop doing diet Nolan batman shit?

>When are thy going to stop doing diet Nolan batman shit?
This has been the only Nolan-esque piece of Batman media since the actual Nolan movies...

It also didn't seem horribly "realistic" either. Batman walks into machinegun fire and survives bombs going off directly in his face. Sure, there wasn't anything overtly supernatural happening, but it's a movie about Penguin, Catwoman, Riddler and Batman. None of those characters are supernatural, despite what Tim Burton might have you believe.

black Joker when?

We haven't had an actual Batman movie, set solely in Gotham since Nolan so I don't know what the fuck you're talking about nigger.

i want freeze

And the IRS

Same.

The Joker should say whatever he thinks is funny and should lean into the clown image with hand buzzers and fake flowers that squirt acid. He should look gleeful all the time, like he's laughing at something only he gets. I like him being fascinated by Batman because they're alike in many ways. They both chose to portray ridiculous personas and belong in a nuthouse

Batman does not belong in a nuthouse, the fuck you on about.

I think they're afraid of making him at all similar to the animated series' joker out of fear of him being misinterpreted as Leto joker who we can thank the suicide squad guy and leto for poisoning the joker well with.

One too many Kevin Smith monologues I'm sure

An unedgy Joker would be retarded and anyone who thinks otherwise is a fetus

Mark Hamil’s/Paul Dini’s Joker is the definitive interpretation of that character, and he’s not at all edgy.

It only works in cartoon form. Put that on the big screen and it will be cringe as fuck.

>Not edgy
>Lights off bombs that make people insane before they die as he giggles and makes a joke about "catching" a running refrigerator
>Not edgy tho

>next joker movie is just him debating with the penguin on gotham's economic policies for 3 hours

Looks significantly better drawn here then the animated version.

there is a distinct difference between being jovially evil and just edgy, and you know it.

People use words like "edgy" as a substitute to actually write and describe characters. What makes the Joker, in any of his incarnations, edgy, but not Batman, the billionaire CEO of Lockheed Martin who beats poor people to death using technology he takes from his company while dressed up in costume?

the ben Affleck films had the same "realistic" bullshit aura the nolan films had and that is what I mean. Just look at the suit in the last movie. It looks retarded instead of comic accurate.

>from ledger to Leto, to Leto to Pheonix, to pheonix to this

And the fact that this jokers big reveal was in a deleted scene released on YouTube like 2 weeks after the movie came out because everyone disliked the shadowy joker reveal in the movie. Lmao. Not a good sign

>implying Batman also isn’t an extreme edge lord in this movie
gonna reiterate what I said regarding Dini’s Joker — his Batman is the definitive interpretation of the character; stoic and infallible. every Batman since Nolan’s films have been petulant, raging edgelords

ironically i think the closest they have come to getting the joker right was Nicholson, everything was an inside joke only he was in on which left everyone confused and uneasy around him. worst hands down was leto

Agreed, the adaptation of Year One and Dark Knight are subpar.

Attached: tdkr.png (933x381, 619.2K)

shittest opinion. Joker from the JL animated series was particularly effective because of his lighter demeanor making the times he was acting threatening elevated.

Attached: motf.gif (540x304, 2.61M)

Which is ridiculous, because the Joker as basically a gangster who wears clown makeup for some reason is far more realistic than a guy who looks zef or a guy who's scarred in a way no one would compare to a clown being that character. "Tell me, why do they call him the Joker?" "He has no fucking lips" "Oh duh" - I mean, come on

Someone finally says it. Everyone knows the Burton movies are the only good ones. It doesn't matter if he never read the comics, he filmed the legend of Batman, which everyone knows. Filming Batman without reading the comics is unironically a far better illustration of Snyder's view of the characters than his own ponderous take.

When they'll stop making Batman edgy. Which'll be a while, considering the current one will probably at least have a trilogy before the next reboot.

>hahaheha
>Lol.

>the times he was acting threatening elevated.
are you purposely trying to misunderstand the point or are your just stupid?

>centrist
>NPC
NPC projection.

Attached: 1631528781205.png (512x512, 174.56K)

>instead of being a failed comedian he's a successful one that wants to escalate further
>dresses in gaudy outfits
>is tied to black gangs and musicians like the older mafia jokers
>is in a jolly mood instead of edgy
>people getting killed by his pranks is more of a "whoops my bad" thing than his actual intention
we need to dig up Patrice

Attached: 1645083831934.jpg (1200x1200, 2.02M)

I like Joker in Mask of the Phantasm. He kills the old guy in the next scene. I was just proving the point you were making.

Attached: 6dttzmml05b51.gif (640x480, 1.74M)

Sorry, I misunderstood you. For me the scene that solidified it was when he drops the act and tries to kill Batman with a gun in Injustice for All. youtu.be/0kU34BQveuo?t=305

Attached: joker-crazy-frog.jpg (699x540, 32.14K)

>When will they stop making the Joker
fixed.

What's the point of just turning Joker into a generic horror movie slasher? Those already exist?

side note: Batman seducing Cheetah to help him sabotage Luthor is pure kino

This is the sort of cringey thing a 13 year old would come up with as dark and gritty.

The joker isn't actually funny in the animated shows/comics. He just laughs a lot and uses toy weapons. The funny part is him pouting when Batman eventually beats him.

Attached: 1648744728512.webm (640x800, 2.66M)

You're 100% right but Nolan shouldn't get blamed for that. Nolan actually did a great job. The successors have all tried to be realistic but epicly failed at being realistic. That's the fault of Snyder and Reeves.

Attached: Batman Begins (2005) Online Free.webm (1920x1080, 475.43K)

He's a little funny.

Attached: 0eIQg4y.gif (720x404, 3.27M)

How could that work in live action? A villain who freezes people, and then Batman has to microwave them warm? Or have sex with their icicle body?

a deformed person? like two-face?

Yes. More camp, please. And not the reddit winking at the audience kind the MCU does.

That's why he has to be smart too. Like Nolan's Joker.

Camp just makes batman look like a retard. In such a universe would batman even need a armored suit? He would look like this.

Attached: batman mqdefault.jpg (320x180, 21.36K)

Not too much camp, but it would be nice to have a break from overly realistic and gritty takes on these characters for awhile. Again, the Animated Series just walks that tightrope beautifully.

Sounds like you're asking for exactly that. An MCU take on Batman. But Batman doesn't have any superpowers like MCU characters, and he look dumb in the day time. A modern campy Batman would be like the Black Widow movie. It just sucks. Leaning into the darkness, realism, and horror is where Batman thrives and is everyone's favorite version of the character.

Not really. More like Burton's Batman is what I'm thinking. It looks way more ridiculous to watch adults try and take these children characters wearing Halloween costumes seriously.

>batman needs armor suit because his villain decided to use one
wow it's that easy

>dresses as a clown
>kills
Would you like to rephrase the question?