/trek/

Jeffrey Hunter as Jesus Christ edition

youtu.be/LtytzqzOvnY

Attached: jeffrey-hunter-in-a-scene-from-the-film-king-of-kings-1961-picture-id181329623.jpg (701x1024, 113.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_R_WbAhKyAk?t=129
uproxx.com/tv/the-definitive-list-of-the-20-worst-tv-theme-songs-of-all-time/
youtu.be/0tDRVRIc_7A
youtu.be/KMa1v7ii5P0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Gene_Roddenberry
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Same except my opinion is directly contrary to yours. Fight me.

Attached: 1559672592729.jpg (493x352, 35.27K)

>Spock : [referring to Flavius] I wish we could've examined that belief of his more closely. It seems illogical for a sun worshiper to develop a philosophy of total brotherhood. Sun worship is usually a primitive superstition religion.

>Uhura : I'm afraid you have it all wrong, Mister Spock, all of you. I've been monitoring some of their old-style radio waves, the empire spokesman trying to ridicule their religion. But he couldn't. Don't you understand? It's not the sun up in the sky. It's the Son of God.

>Capt. Kirk : Caesar - and Christ. They had them both. And the word is spreading... only now.

>Dr. McCoy : A philosophy of total love and total brotherhood.

Attached: 1638025184381.jpg (1600x900, 179.75K)

Based

Attached: 1650127780543.jpg (3848x2489, 1.71M)

I hate this.

Alexander Siddig as the Archangel Gabriel.

Attached: c91cc170ccd9b433595f7c8d3b204c12.png (500x350, 343.44K)

>It's a Bashir kills the kuffar by stoning them to death episode.

Attached: by allah you will taste my shoe.jpg (618x412, 18.28K)

if the Prophets will it.

Attached: syriana_photo_33-1237905777.jpg (600x390, 30.14K)

Mashallah

Must have been some spicy kebabs in the el falafel household when he showed up to mom and dads with a 9/10 jewess.

Attached: 1583418620931.jpg (1156x862, 517.71K)

More proof that nu-Trek creators haven't watched oldtrek. Oldtrek characters said "My God" all the time

Attached: A17CF46D-6D0C-4688-B8E5-D62F7B52E92B.jpg (709x862, 249.64K)

she probably cooked them dinner

Kirk officiated a wedding at the beginning of Balance of Terror.

Yeah Bones definitely never said god at all.
youtu.be/_R_WbAhKyAk?t=129

>completely godless
fucking liberals

By season 2 Pike was a man of faith.
They don't even know what happens in their own show.

>all alien races are religious
>no human is allowed to be religious

Attached: tiresome.png (1022x731, 642.76K)

Funny how they only start caring about Roddenberry's vision when they can use it for their own agenda.

His dad was Sudanese. His mum English. He grew up in England. His mum remarried when he was a child. His stepdad was a baron.

Attached: gettyimages-901875026-2048x2048.jpg (1718x2048, 433.36K)

>Rides the chocolate carrousel in sudan.
>Still marries a Baron.
Bongland.

Attached: 1583184745668.png (3000x3000, 457.48K)

"I never thought I'd say this, but thank God for the Cardassians." - Admiral Ross

Attached: Ross.jpg (561x516, 26.41K)

He looks very African, there.

it takes a real man to step up

Attached: kirk's stepdad.jpg (351x393, 17.89K)

Thread will not survive the night.

im very tired anyway

>you can say fuck before you can say god in Star Trek
what

>MORA: I've done it to you again, haven't I, Odo? Made you a prisoner? Dear God, what have I done?
Why did Mora forget that he's a Bajoran in this scene? Bajorans say gods or prophets

Attached: Mora.jpg (540x405, 29.75K)

>Doctor Bashir : [in Sisko's quarters, after Bashir has just met four patients who were all genetically enhanced like he was] All I kept thinking was "there but for the grace of God go I".

Attached: CBS_STAR_TREK_DS9_533_IMAGE_1155126_1920x1080.jpg (1920x1080, 264.98K)

in the doc, steven ira behr spend ten minutes apologising for that blunder

Attached: tumblr_8e80a5365255e54efa6fd92665ad7204_1e89e992_500.gif (500x281, 1.19M)

Gene was most militant about that sort of thing at the end. Does early TNG have a lot of God talk in it?

It's actually pretty hard to replace "my god" as a representation of awe or regret and not come off as a fart huffing faggot or just cringe worthy.

Data asks Westley what God is and they go to the holodeck to learn about the Holy Bible.

Really? I still haven't watched the documentary

And then he becomes a monk

Attached: 2f9a13adf792ce9213d0a97cdf1ae6c8.jpg (850x607, 51.05K)

It's pretty comfy, and not too long.

I'm gonna be honest. I don't remember. I spent most of the time watching the movie in a post nut daze after that spicy minx talked about how great Dax and Kira were as female remodels. I couldn't help myself.

based

Picard brings up God as a reason to adhere to the Prime Directive and let some planet blow up when they're perfectly capable of saving it the sentient life on it without cultural contamination.

I just finished the last episode of DS9. I'm sad. I'll never get to see new adventures with the gang

We all know that feel, bro

It's morning though

>Odo returns to the goo
>Sisko becomes a Prophet
>Garak dies on the Defiant
>Worf loses his wife to Bashir
Why did it kill half the characters at the end?

What the fuck was his problem?

Attached: THE DEVIL.jpg (1438x1080, 294.33K)

At least i can revisit them whenever i feel like it. And i still have a season of Voyager to go. There's also Enterprise but i know it won't be DS9 tier

I liked Odo's return to the link, he'll make his race understand what it's like to be a mortal individual. It made me think of Hugh's return to the collective. Once again the openness and pure empathy of the Federation will change their enemy for the best.

Star Trek: Enterprise has the worst intro song ever for a tv show. This has now been OBJECTIVELY CONFIRMED BY SCIENCE:
uproxx.com/tv/the-definitive-list-of-the-20-worst-tv-theme-songs-of-all-time/

He had a vagina.

Garak doesn't die. Also, Worf loved Jadzia. Ezri was a rebound.

Roddenberry was actually a Satanist: youtu.be/0tDRVRIc_7A

He merely pretended to be an atheist, as most Satanists do. Fortunately studio execs prevented him from ruining Star Trek with Satanic crap. He wanted TMP to be Kirk objectively proving God is fake and actually just a creature from some other dimension here fucking with us.

Not going to be a popular take on /trek/

PS this is the full version of that interview: youtu.be/KMa1v7ii5P0

At one point the interviewer asks Roddenberry "What was your best childhood memory?" and he says "The first time I masturbated." The Satan worship stuff is around the 1 hour mark IIRC.

unironically neck yourself subhuman

yeah nobody ever said faith of the heart was a good song they just said they loved it. same goes for ENT pretty much.

Gene literally only had one story which was "the gang meet a fake god" everyone knows this.

Is it possible to commit suicide by hanging ironically?

He was a degenerate
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Gene_Roddenberry

Isn't that pretty much Q?

like meme knots? bowtie?

This interview is exactly why Desilu and Paramount basically paid Roddenberry to sit in an office and do absolutely nothing for 25 years. He had a winning idea in Star Trek but was otherwise an absolute repulsive (probably demon-possessed) piece of shit.

nah, he probably banged lucy

Q never claimed to write the Bible. And Q has expressly said there are beings more powerful than Qs out there.

Roddenberry wanted Kirk to find the literal God of the Old Testament/Jesus of the New Testament, out him as a being from another dimension who wasn't a god but was just very powerful and lied about being God to fuck with humans. Kirk and Company would have expelled God/Jesus back to his original dimension.

That was Gene's pitch for TMP. No sane person would have made that pitch.