Natalie Portman: Being sexualized as 'Lolita figure' as a young actress 'made me afraid'

Natalie Portman: Being sexualized as 'Lolita figure' as a young actress 'made me afraid'.

Natalie Portman is opening up about how being sexualized as a child star impacted her development.

On Monday, Portman, who began acting at age 12, reflected on her Hollywood career and discussed the negative impact of unwanted attention on the "Armchair Expert With Dax Shepard" podcast.

In her 1996 role as 13-year-old Marty in "Beautiful Girls," in which her character forms a relationship with an older man (played by Timothy Hutton), Portman said she "was definitely aware of the fact that I was being portrayed... as this 'Lolita' figure," referring to a 12-year-old girl from Vladimir Nabokov's 1955 book who was sexually involved with a middle-aged man.

She later went on to turn down the infamous role of Lolita in Adrian Lyne's film adaptation in 1997.

Being sexualized as a child, I think, took away from my own sexuality, because it made me afraid," she continued, adding that the only way to feel "safe" was "to be like, 'I'm conservative' and 'I'm serious.'"

Portman's first acting credit, "The Professional," released in 1994, when Portman was just 13.

The "Black Swan" actress noted that her public displays of maturity conflicted with the reality of sexual curiosity during adolescence.

“But at that age, you do have your own sexuality, and you do have your own desire, and you do want to explore things, and you do want to be open. But you don’t feel safe, necessarily, when there’s, like, older men that are interested, and you’re like, ‘No, no, no, no,’” she explained.

In response, Portman says she built "fortresses," or defenses against unwanted attention, that ultimately "didn't allow a full expression of who I was at that time."

"I consciously cultivated that (persona), because it was ways to make me feel safe. Like 'oh, if someone respects you, they're not gonna objectify you,'" she said.

Attached: natalieportman.jpg (825x700, 64.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/12/09/natalie-portman-says-being-sexualized-childhood-made-me-afraid/3868954001/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

"When I was in my teens, I was like, 'I don't wanna have any love scenes or make-out scenes.' I would start choosing parts that were less sexy, because it made me worried about the way I was perceived and how safe I felt."

Ultimately, she acknowledges that she succeeded in feeling "safe," adding that "it worked out, luckily."

Portman, 39, is married to French dancer Benjamin Millepied, with whom she has two kids, Alpeh, 9, and Amalia, 3.

usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2020/12/09/natalie-portman-says-being-sexualized-childhood-made-me-afraid/3868954001/

I can't believe the white christians in hollywood did this to her

>jews sexualise a child
is this news?

Afraid of what?

lol

lmao she knew exactly what she was doing.

someone post the interview of her exboyfriend saying she used to put on leon and talk about how fuckable she was at 14 and do Leon roleplays in bed

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-16 at 17.49.43.png (1082x876, 1.8M)

so being sexualized at a young age in movies made her less of a slut in real life and she's happy with how it turned out?

i don't think that article is making the point they think it is

Leon isn't bad because she was sexy in it, is bad because they forced her do smoking

Post it.

not afraid enough to walk away from those sweet sweet millions of dollars

>She later went on to turn down the infamous role of Lolita in Adrian Lyne's film adaptation in 1997.
The kino we could have had.

boner

>hormonal teenage girl spends her day thinking about cocks too big for her, imagining they all wanna go inside her
what a slut lol

Attached: portman.jpg (614x518, 88.04K)

HNNNG thread alert!
>HNNNG thread alert!
HNNNG thread alert!

EVIAN
V
I
A
N

whats hnnng mean?

The sound I make while trying to not let out a loud and continuos UOH!

Oh no, attractive white females truly have it so hard!

I watched this movie with my mum as a teenager and she said it was a sweet film because Leon was nice to her.

I wonder if she really didn't notice anything or just didn't want to react to it since she could tell that I didn't notice anything off at the time.

Wish I could say the opposite but I just don't care.

people being obsessed with pedos is a recent thing in society

he didn't fuck her, he wasn't interested in her sexually, so it's not uncomforable

it's literally just a kid playing grown up

It's actually a very normal phase for girls during puberty to become sexually inappropriate, usually with their father. In a normal situation she gets told it's a harmless schoolgirl crush and eventually grows up.
If you're Luc Besson though you marry her and make a movie about sexually awakened 11 year olds.

I hate men so much. Truly the most evil gender.

Gender is a social construct sweaty.

Not afraid enough to reject the roles, I cant help but notice

Attached: F0219C32-6613-4D3A-9BE0-B431F61DFFA5.jpg (622x614, 65.48K)

how do you feel about trannies

they actually choose to become men

they were good pure women and they actively chose to become the most evil gender

wow

you must hate trannies

no matter what women "go through" sexually its nothing compared to what average male incels face every single day

I do.

BTW she was NOT portrayed as sexualized at all. She's not hot in Leon. And no one in general mainstream culture even broached anything like that. There wasn't Yea Forums back then where people made edgy jokes

She's literally projecting her own fantasies on men's minds

Portman at 39 looks like that Stranger Things girl, whats her name, Sarah Palin

shouldn't this be something she should bring up with her parents and therapist?

Oy vey I smell something fishy about this post delete it now

incel lives matter

Attached: 1648056492214.jpg (462x1000, 46.48K)

>no matter what women "go through" sexually its nothing compared to what average male incels face every single day

100% absolute truth.

Attached: 1624388299310.jpg (1080x1586, 360.47K)

tbf she was probably hounded constantly by pedo movie producers, she wasn't living an average life

really its her parents fault for letting a minor work.

Lolita 1997 is a tragedy. Lo ruined that man. the movie is a perfect example of why women need strict disciplin, left to their own devices they are vile and wicked monsters.

But what about the internet attention?

And what about "awareness"?

She's like israeli jewish royalty, producers probably weren't going after her

To be fair I assume she must have got creepy fanmail or one or two comments. But normie pop culture only started to barely sexualize her only when the second star wars came out

I thought in the professional leon was generally stoic and had little interest in her let alone sexual interest. Am I wrong in this? I didn't think that movie was depicting that l

Girls are fucking gay. Post wall sour grapes isn't worth lending a microphone to. She can cry into her bags of money.

My ex told me about how when she was using a dating app she wouldn't be completely interested in the guy and would consider just going on the date to get free food or a free movie watch at the theater.

Attached: unnamed.jpg (633x758, 37.26K)

>a slut complains about being a slut
fuck this jew bint

>no, user, it is wrong to hate women :^)

>she wouldn't be completely interested in the guy and would consider just going on the date to get free food or a free movie
this has happened to me
whatever.

We've all seen her butthole. She should just shut up

Attached: 1608729073_Natalie-Portmans-butthole-peaking-from-behind-her-thong-in-the.jpg (1890x1065, 248.97K)

>no, user, it is wrong to hate women :^)
I will never stop hating women.

Attached: 1627879402377.jpg (1024x1000, 474.58K)

I’m old and married now so I missed the tinder nightmare but I have a buddy my age and he completely slays on that shit.
He’s like 5ft10 and he’s very smart and charismatic. He had a job that pays well and owns his own house.
Dude is beating up the pussy every day. He will literally have an Uber waiting for these chicks when he’s done with them.
And he treats them like shit! But they keep coming back for more.
Long story short, it’s about confidence, charm, personality, being interesting and having options.
Problem is most people here are broken men who were ground into the dirt by some highschool oneitis and they’ve never recovered their swagger.

>I STILL sexualize her as a Lolita figure.

Attached: 1636986904786.jpg (1030x1598, 275.51K)

Wow, 40%? That's like less than half of what amerimutt whores are.

Attached: 1551850764533.png (1024x824, 183.47K)

>Broken men who were ground into dirt by some highschool oneitis and never recovered their swagger
H-haha, yeah. Couldn't be me.

Attached: FB_IMG_1590071429385.jpg (287x343, 18.22K)

that's not her butthole, user, that's the shit-stained skin adjacent to her butthole

What I don't get about these "men are a problem" nonsense from this old bag is that I never thought she was hot and appealing in a sexual manner.

As a kid I had a huge crush on her and wanted to be her cuddle slave but even in Closer it was bizarre them pretending she was a stripper whose sexual appeal made men go nuts.

Attached: &freekyEvan_Stone2.png (403x402, 318.24K)

what a whore she wanted it

Yea Forums should ban any discussion of movies with actors under 21. It is wrong to discuss such movies.

Attached: 39ABCA24147E44F3945B69C0F9902B02.png (645x773, 11.04K)

delet

Can someone post these "lolita figures" she says she was portraited in?

I am curious to see for research purposes (I'm a cunnysseur)

bro im relatively normie compared to the avg guy on here and make good money - had some fun on tinder but idk how dudes are able to do that i'm exhausted everyday just trying to keep my physique in check and make enough money to keep up appearances

seems jannie had a temper tantrum ITT. jannie needs correction

yeah but as an adult it's kind of obvious from the way it's shot and the kind of things portman is told to do that it's meant to be titillating and the director finds it titllating.

It's not at all. If you think so you might be projecting

She's portrayed as a standard teen girl who thinks she's mature but isn't, it's entirely realistic and the movie portrays her advances as weird and not titillating

>BTW she was NOT portrayed as sexualized at all. She's not hot in Leon
in the director's original screenplay Leon and natalie become lovers.

>And no one in general mainstream culture even broached anything like that.
Beautiful girls is literally "what if a pretty 13 year old girl got a crush on you and wanted to be your girlfriend"

lmao

May be, but the finished project is totally different, Portman is basically a asexual unsexy girl (even if she has a pretty face) and the movie makes that scene as cringey not sexy

And the movie beautiful girls goes "lol no, she's adorable but that's it"

Attached: Screenshot_20220416-130158_Read Chan.png (700x331, 229.75K)

>Problem is most people here are broken men who were ground into the dirt by some highschool oneitis
We’re just trying to have some laughs here, m8. Too much reality for one post

Have you seen Beautiful Girls? The NatPo character is in like five scenes. The main guy is wistful about how simple her crush is, but he's not a pedo so nothing happens or was ever going to happen. Even when he daydreams about it it's "i could wait for her and when she's 18 blah blah blah"

Some dudes act as if these movies were showing the hormonal teenage girl was masturbating to the protagonist for 9 scenes just so they won't admit the movie didn't sexualized her and they simply thought she was kinda cute and are projecting and blaming the creators