Why do people hate temple of doom so much?

why do people hate temple of doom so much?
>dark, pulpy colonial atmosphere
>great action scenes
>doesn't rely too much on humour like last crusade but is funny at times
>great cinematography and use of colours
>willie is an intentional homage to the damsels in distress of the old pulp stories and serials
Why do zoomers hate this film because of muh racism and muh sexist woman sidekick? haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?

Attached: indiana_jones_bridge.jpg (620x368, 254.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/3DeURx3mYck
youtu.be/yqQD8sVtfA4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1M8o6oM9Y
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I hate India.

When it was released it was a jarring tonal departure from Raiders.

raj era india was based and peak humanity

Attached: flashman.jpg (1500x2291, 1009.85K)

It was the best one

The girl is really annoying, huge downgrade from the first film. That's my biggest complaint about it. I also think the non diagetic musical opening number is really weird. Why not just have showgirls come out and perform with her on stage, instead of us being transported to the Anything Goes dimension? This isn't An American in Paris.

I had forgotten they did this until I rewatched it a few years ago
youtu.be/3DeURx3mYck

they do?

That book takes place before the Raj moron.

It's very colonialistic with white man Indy fighting savage pajeets and not le hecking evil nazerinos

We will never get another big budget colonial film. Ever.

Indy is gonna spend all of the next film returning artifacts and apologizing, I guarantee it.

Attached: download.png (229x220, 7.57K)

He's talking about IMDB style modern audiences - people who have considerations outside of if a movie is entertaining, fun, interesting etc. Modern audiences are more concerned with India being portrayed in a more positive light and that annoying Chinese kid being Long Duk Dong 2.0

Bollywood makes them all the time, though the imperialists are always mustache twirling bad guys. Thugs of Hindustan is a fun one though.

George Lucas wanted a haunted Scottish castle, and we got this..

It was my favorite as a kid but I've come to prefer Last Crusade

shutup poindexter

temple of dooms middle section is best. the entire castle and the descent into the thugee cult is kino from indiana almost getting strangled to death to the spike trap room its great

I find indians disgusting

Don't care, didn't ask, plus you're black.

its literally the threads topic you retard oily streetshitter

I used to hate it because it was the "popular" thing to do. Then I realized I fucking love this movie and that following trends is stupid.

>>doesn't rely too much on humour like last crusade but is funny at times

fuck off, Short Round is the jar-jar binks of indiana jones.

I love how it starts from them going to bed as if it's almost a dream.

Next time just silently close the thread instead of embarrassing yourself even more.

No, you're thinking of Willy. Short Round is based and a bro.

Nice try, Lao Che. You've revealed your inner Chang.

YO THIS DUMBASS THINKS THE BOOK TOOK PLACE DURING THE RAJ LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Attached: 1523978268175.gif (480x270, 1.45M)

Fuck you, without it we wouldn't get Williams' take on the Porter classic

It's just boring and the female lead is an annoying bitch.

>t.

Attached: 1435861675785.jpg (632x480, 59.46K)

ur right user he probably does look like that he thinks it took place during the raj lol

Wasn't there some mega blockbuster over there about Indian soldiers serving the crown and making a heroic stand against Muslims?

Lao Che's ching ding criminal dynasty in chong kong was the most interesting part of Temple.

Reading comprehension

Based, what's the name?

dubs of i want to believe

Attached: BELIEVE.jpg (1920x1080, 341.59K)

Kesari, it was kino btw.

MOLA RAM
PREPARE TO MEET “KALI…”
IN. HELL.

>why do people hate temple of doom so much?

Hate is a strong word, Temple of Doom is just clearly the weakest entry in the trilogy. Raiders is a near perfect classic and Last Crusade is a great sequel to the original that brings in Sean Connery and crafts the story around Indiana's contentious relationship with his father, I actually think Last Crusade is the best of the three.

Temple of Doom bases its story around a much less interesting lost relic than the Ark of the Covenant or the Holy Grail, its side kicks aren't as interesting and the remote jungle setting makes it feel more removed from the 1930s setting than the other two Indy films. I still like it though.

Attached: sean-connery-ans-james-bond-indiana-jones.jpg (1600x1200, 352.36K)

Thank you very much user!

Attached: Yukari Akiyama 34.jpg (850x932, 72.74K)

1st is an indie film level
2nd is real prefesional film
3rd is a shitty kids movie

2nd one has always been the best.

>Why do zoomers hate this film because of muh racism and muh sexist woman sidekick? haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?

That's a mighty big plate of assumptions you've got there.

I recently rewatched raiders and didn't really feel it held up. The action in particular is pretty lame.

>I actually think Last Crusade is the best of the three.
Based. It's my actual favorite movie.

>The action in particular is pretty lame.

Did we watch the same film?

youtu.be/yqQD8sVtfA4

Attached: Indiana Jones - Gun vs. Sword.webm (1280x544, 2.95M)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=MF1M8o6oM9Y

>That look of pure hatred in his eyes
Its easy to forget with all the action and the shooting that Indiana Jones is a very worldly man, he loves culture and the people. I wish the other films touched on that element a little more.

This. Zoomers probably love it because it's violent with the heart ripping scene.

true, it's a solid film but also obviously the pulp story with the friggin holy grail and arc of the covenant with the WWII backdrop is obviously gonna be a far better story than slummin it with the poos, not to mention that yeah temple of doom was a prequel but last crusade started off with a bit of prequel as well

They do...? It's the only good one IMO.

You can tell how fucking out of it he was for that take. He could barely pick up the gun and shoot him, and had to wipe the sweat off his face before doing sol.

Short Round is canonically more powerful than Indy.

Eat shit, Short Round's great.

temple of doom is the best for the simple fact it has not nazi supervillians in it

np, pls don't post pedophile anime image next time, though.

You try doing the same thing while suffering from dysentry in the middle of a dessert.

No, I like how he went through with it and managed to make a really funny joke instead of wimping out. I just never noticed before how sick he was there.

>I used to hate it because it was the "popular" thing to do.
This. There's always a desire to have a "bad" film in any good trilogy or series. And when the majority decided on which film is bad it's flaws are exaggerated.

I've always thought Temple of Doom was the best one.
This is exactly the reason why (((critics))) say it is the weakest entry.

KATE CAPSHAW.

last crusade is absolutely the best one. I don't even think it's close really...

>haven't they read the original pulp stories that inspired indiana jones?
Uh, no? What kind of stupid fucking question is that, those pulp stories are like from the 30s. Even when it came out most people watching the movie in theaters were too young to have read them.

It's the only Indy movie I would buy and watch again and again. It's a great film from all the things you listed.