How did Jackson fuck this up so bad?

How did Jackson fuck this up so bad?

He takes the material so seriously that its laughable. He introduces character arcs that dont matter in the ultimate finale. The dialogue is overwrought and sappy. There are way to many scenes that dont work and characters that could be combined or cut completely. The free floating physics of the effects take you out of the movie and just dont work because of how elaborate Jacksons action scenes are. This includes the boat scenes, the dino stampede and underwater scenes. The preamble should be 20 mins and instead takes nearly an hour before you get to the island and by that time you are done with the movie. Kong is cool but the bullshit surrounding him just bogs down the whole movie.

Attached: kongis.jpg (300x168, 10.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/auafv2YsNR4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He had zero restraints on him after filling the LotR franchise truck up with a load of cash, and dumping it at the feet of his producers. They let him do whatever he wanted. It's more often a great way to kill a director, than it is to see what he's capable of.

Yeah, it seems that he is way too in love with his material. A studio would normally ask why there are so many scenes in the movie that could be cut and wouldnt ruin the flow of the movie. Jackson wants to include everything even if it isnt necessary. Im one of the few people that also feels the theatrical cuts of LOTR are better because Jacksons self indulgence and inability to portray dramatic scenes is shown more clearly in the extended.

I know but I still like it and even watch the extended version even though most complaints are accurate. King Kong is fine the original is of course a classic although I don't consider it the best monster movie of all time. But it's definitely paced a lot better.

I liked it.

I think you could do a re-edit of the film to make it better. That being said, the original does everything better in half the running time. You could argue the more sympathetic Kong is a nice touch but it just adds to how sappy the whole thing is.

>giant worm insect attack scene

still one of the most disturbing sequences ever.

A lot better than the new Kong and Godzilla vs Kong.

It gets boring once they leave the island.

lotr was successful because of the producers
jackson is a thankless hack

>feels the theatrical cuts of LOTR

Wasnt LOTR saved in editing? I think there is an extra couple of hours of the movie that is still not been seen by anyone including more battle scenes underneath Helms Deep and multiple endings cut from ROTK

Not really but there are of course many scenes that were part of longer sequences that were never finished.

Jackson hasnt made a good film since this movie.

Fuck you guys, it was kino

Attached: 1644944826724.jpg (738x703, 62.53K)

When it comes to giant monster movies America crawled so Japan could run.

Pretty much though King Kong itself came 20 years too early and studios prefered gothic horrors that were much cheaper to make.

>getting filtered by an adventure movie about a giant monkey

Your parents really fucked up.

To some degree.

Low expectation having motherfuckers.

Arguments for King KOng 2005

>Just turn your brain off
>ITs an adventure film with dinos
>Im a retard with retarded taste

I agree mostly. Movie is good but it felt 90 minutes too long

The preamble is kino, fuck you

Contrarian faggot opinion

spot on

It’s the best King Kong movie ever made.

I could watch the original twice in the time it takes to watch the shitty Jackson version.

>Contrarian faggot opinion

Everybody agreed with this opinion on release. The general consensus was 'GET TO THE FUCKING MONKEY!'

> Everybody agreed with this opinion on release. The general consensus was 'GET TO THE FUCKING MONKEY!'
What did these digits mean by this?

>Movie is good but it felt 90 minutes too long
lol

lol, lmao. It's completely forgotten because of how shitty it was. No one rewatches it, no one rediscovers it. For a film that big this should've been a standard yet literally no one does it. People come back to the original version and will be coming back to many others, especially to the one with John C Reilly but Jackson's kong will be ethernally forgotten.

Wasn't even a bad movie. It also is at least in the top 3 of best movie-to-videogame adaptations of all time.

>eternally forgotten
>it’s the first thing that comes up when you type King Kong on google
Kek the first movie is that bad, huh?

It gave us this absolute 10/10 though so I'll forgive it

Attached: 468029-peter-jackson-s-king-kong-the-official-game-of-the-movie-playstation-2-front-cover.jpg (800x1122, 211.14K)

> It's completely forgotten because of how shitty it was. No one rewatches it, no one rediscovers it. For a film that big this should've been a standard yet literally no one does it.
> but Jackson's kong will be ethernally forgotten.
The shitty new Jurassic park reboots copy and pasted the V. Rex design twice. The skull crawlers are basically the vrex face on two leg's. The shitty new Godzilla vs King Kong movie literally ripped off shots from this movie.
> especially to the one with John C Reilly
Literally nobody gives a flying fuck about that shitty movie. 0 staying power.

>it’s the first thing that comes up when you type King Kong on google
based retard poster

>Kek the first movie is that bad, huh?
The first movie is unwatchable.

Not exactly a movie for people with ADHD.

>Not exactly a movie for people with ADHD.

Yeah, its for people missing a chromosome.

>People come back to the original version
That’s a lie, and you know it.

> He takes the material so seriously that its laughable
??? Because King Kong is supposed to be a comedy? Massive retard zoom zoom.

Because Jackson doesnt understand how to write a dramatic scene. Look at the Lovely Bones for more evidence. He took a good concept and treated it like Lawrence of Arabia but there wasnt enough material to justify it.

> The preamble should be 20 mins and instead takes nearly an hour
I like how it takes forever to reach the island. Helps establish the differences between skull island and civilization. And then it all comes full circle when King Kong is taken away from the island. Kys moron.

>civilization

You mean the cartoon version of New York? Is it also civilisation that is being shown through the soap opera dialogue and hammy acting? Is civilisation in the pre-rendered backgrounds like the rest of the movie is? Is it in the side characters who ultimately contribute nothing story wise other than being fodder for the action? Is civilisation in the shallow viewer making baseless observations about a manchilds expensive fan fiction?

that's dishonest and you know it

And it’s still the best King Kong movie. I feel bad for you.

Attached: 69EB0A12-E433-4CDD-BC1A-826E54E1A588.jpg (714x1000, 876.16K)

>BIG MONKEY GO RAWR ME LIKEY!
Autistic incel.

The 33 movie is the best Kong movie and any other opinion is just the contrarian opinion of people with no taste.

That game was surprisingly scary to play as a kid, mad underrated too

> making baseless observations about a manchilds expensive fan fiction?
Movie sets up civilized men for an hour, and the first thing the crew bump into when they reach the island are savages/uncivilized humans. In the jc reily movie, the indigenous people have a whole working civilization even though skull crawlers eat anything and destroy anything even bullets don’t kill them.

Look, i know Jackson saw this as Apocalypse Now but with Kong instead of Brando. The problem is that any themes or motifs he was going for is drowned in his own self indulgence. There is no main character other than perhaps Anne but she doesnt but her arc has nothing to do with the pursuit of forbidden knowledge. Thats why they needed to exclude and combine certain characters to keep focus on what is important. They even set up Billy Elliott only for his story to go nowhere.

> They even set up Billy Elliott only for his story to go nowhere.
The movie is called King Kong massive retard.

I remember it being an exhausting slog for what is a story about a giant ape monster. The Simpson Halloween spoof is a better telling of the story and lasts about 2 minutes.

I like because the production values are excellent and Jackson doesn't make concessions, dumb it down or make inane references. Action sequences are particularly kino and visual effects are still excellent and much better than, say, Skull Island and other frankenmovies.

Attached: VRZgRi.gif (320x180, 1.32M)

>inane references

Did we watch the same movie?

>"theres only one thing that could have made this footprint.... the abominable snowman"

This scene alone is better than any other King Cuck movies.

Attached: B5C4C1A8-E97F-4445-838C-3AFFED066CEB.gif (510x219, 2.86M)

Yeah it was disappointing to watch this in the theatre. I can't really explain it either

Sure. Jackson didn't resort to the midwit gimmick of burdening the movie w heavyhanded nods to other media, music etc all the time. That's bad filmmaking usually. He focused on telling a story and giving it time to be fully unraveled.

I saw the producers instead of this because the runtime was too long.

>Peter Jackson's
>King Kong
>The Official Game of the Movie
Jesus Christ, kek

Attached: anguirus-godzilla-lol.jpg (530x300, 235.53K)

I loved how the savages triggered retards decades later. That’s talent.

There's a difference between taking something seriously and treating it as if it were some sort of sacred religious text that we should all be in awe of. Jackson did the latter.

> King Kong isn’t sacred religious text that we should all be in awe of.
This King Kong movie has nothing to do with those dogshit new king kong movies with capeshit tier cgi

>In the jc reily movie, the indigenous people have a whole working civilization even though skull crawlers eat anything and destroy anything even bullets don’t kill them.
The movie clearly explains that Kong watches out for the natives and acts as Skullcrawler pest control. They're usually not as active as they were during the movie, either, the army's bombing woke up a large number of them.

Good for you, now react to what I actually said, because at no point did I mention the new Kong movies, you dipshit.

i don't think i could re-watch the movie because of this
all i see and think about are red rockets, and when i see dogs get excited all i think about is this scene

Fuck you, I liked it.

> turn King Kong into Superman
Brilliant. Missing the entire point if ‘33.

I like Jackson, but like all dorectors he's imperfect and only human. I think a lot of his childish enthusiasm is good but it needs somebody to cut it out later, which you don't get after he gained a big enough name to take control of projects.

Not everybody is a massive faggot like you.

I watched this entire movie without any problem.

I almost fall asleep with Skull Island.

Yes, because we can only tell one story with King Kong ever. Island, New York, dead, sad. Nothing else. Can't do anything else with him. Nope.

> 3 hour King Kong movie
> a bad thing
Op is gay confirmed

Yes. Now fuck off, we’re full.

This film is P U R E Monkey Kino.

youtu.be/auafv2YsNR4

Well, it was a reboot not a remake.
Thats like complaining that The Mummy '99 missed the entire point of '32

The problem with your argument is that The Mummy 99 is actually good.

>argument is bad when I dont like thing
>but same argument is good when I like thing