What is your favorite movie of the alien saga?

What is your favorite movie of the alien saga?

Attached: images (14).jpg (750x409, 26.77K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tMkV_NkiZjE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

The original because it's the best one.

aaaand /thread

Probably that one. The first one is great but I prefer more likable and interesting characters I can root for, call me a basic bitch.

Attached: paxton-aliens.jpg (600x360, 46.94K)

Alien clearly.

Attached: alien1-still-202.jpg (1200x794, 179.65K)

I used to be a huge fan of the first Alien movie, but now I feel like if I rewatched it I'd just be bored.

probably covenant or prometheus.
it's more interesting and not just "aaa it's killer alien let's run and hide"

Me bracing to take a giant shit after getting blackout drunk last night

Alien 3.

Covenant is flawed, but pretty interesting, and feels like the flaws came from studio demands for classic "alien franchise stuff"

Meant for

Covenant feels like the third movie but the second movie was never made, the second movie being Shaw's and David's adventure to find the Engineers. Quite frankly that whole sequence of him dropping the cans onto the Engineers should have been a movie climax sequence.

Attached: eggses.webm (1416x590, 345.15K)

Covenant is a solid movie
Really only the first half of Alien is engaging. Its still infinitely rewatchable

>Really only the first half of Alien is engaging.
I might have burned myself out on even that, desu. I got into HR Giger and some production history stuff, and I think I sort of killed the magic I used to get from watching it.
Covenant's not my favorite film, but I was really excited about the idea of potentially intelligent beings. Picrel kinda scares me like the Space Jockey used to.

Attached: Neomorph.jpg (1478x782, 82.86K)

Alien Isolation.

your a basic bitch

The first is the best and the rest is all SHIT (except for Alien Isolation)

I really want to like Alien, I really do, but the writers made some stupid ass decisions. For example, this final scene, why the fuck does the Alien take its sweet ass time getting out of its hiding spot? Enough time for Ripley to get into her space suit. This is supposed to be an apex predator and it does this? Wtf, so retarded. Also that scene when the black man is trying to light the alien up, but that one bitch just stands there screaming while the negro keeps yelling at her to move out the way. Don’t give me that frozen in fear bs, that literally never happens. People’s natural instincts are to run away or fight. If I were that brotha I would’ve just torched the alien and the dumb bitch, two birds one stone

Attached: EB7AD82C-4393-4FC6-8928-E7AB43F8619F.jpg (1050x491, 439.92K)

>what's your favorite Alien movie
>Eh, I don't like the Alien movies. I only like this completely unconnected side movie that they slapped the Alien logo on unjustifiably

Mostly.

Attached: 1623982746391.gif (500x277, 994.34K)

kek
>the Alien take its sweet ass time getting out of its hiding spot
This always bothers me too, it looks stupid and makes no sense. Obviously the guy in the suit is crammed in there and has to slowly move out, but they should have just had it hiding in the corner of the ceiling instead. The xeno is acting like a pervert peeping Tom afraid of being caught in that scene.

ET was hibernating. Her activity triggered its awakening.

Attached: 1647857060908.jpg (350x334, 10.3K)

Actually a good answer. 3 is incredibly atmospheric and the setting is great. Wish they didnt kill off the doctor character so fast.

It was a baby still. Only been alive for like a day. And it was nappy time.

Friendly reminder there is only two Alien movies.

picrel

Attached: friendlyreminder.png (851x402, 70.81K)

I love all of them in their own way but the first is the best over all

When filming the scene with Newt in the duct, Carrie Henn kept deliberately blowing her scene so she could slide down the vent, which she later called a slide three stories tall. James Cameron finally dissuaded her by saying that if she completed the shot, she could play on it as much as she wanted. She did, and he kept his promise.

Wholesome and the real canon

Ya Alien is brilliant but its not very rewatchable.
You could watch Aliens a hundred times its a roll coaster.

One way to rewatch Alien is to watch Ash like a hawk. Its brilliant the way he carries out his mission even downplaying the turbulence as they landing on the planet

the alien is not just alien in form and origins but in functions as well. It somehow senses that the situation has changed and must tag along the new ride.

Except by that point, the alien had already popped out its arm, scaring Ripley and revealing himself to her. So unless the alien was completely unaware of the fact that ripley now knew it was there (which would be insanely retarded), there’s no logical reason as to why it would take so long to attack her

Attached: 6A5D2628-C235-4B29-B424-BC83FAAB4B25.jpg (1170x560, 88.71K)

also the alien can sense that there is no other egg present. And in the deleted scene the captain was being turned into an egg.

the alien is in some sort of alternative survival mode.

an alternative survival mode that decreases its chance of success? I thought this was supposed to be the perfect organism wtf

Based cameron

a survival mode that was programmed into the creature. It cannot really survive since there is no queen, nor facehuggers nor eggs anymore. I assumed it was going into some survival mode out of the many it would have.

it is facing a dead end.

nothing perfect about the xenomorph that is just the rumbling idiocies of the broken robot from prometheus and covenant.

it think it would have to find;
1)safe place to become and egg itself and make a facehugger that would breed a queen
2)that place would have to have some species it can parasitize, thus many humans or animals.

This movie was originally scripted to end with Ripley escaping the Nostromo in her shuttle, and the Alien dying on board the Nostromo. Sir Ridley Scott thought this ending was way too simplistic, so he negotiated with the studio for an additional half a million dollar budget and a week of filming to add a "fourth act" to the movie, showing how the Alien had stowed away aboard the shuttle. Scott initially envisioned a very dark ending where Ripley tries to flush the Alien out, but the creature climbs back into the shuttle; Ripley harpoons it, but it makes no difference: it runs towards her, slams through her masks, and rips her head off. It would then sit in her chair, and start mimicking Captain Dallas' voice, saying "I'm signing off, hopefully the network will pick me up." Twentieth Century Fox wasn't too pleased: according to Scott, while pitching this idea over the phone, there was a long and uncomfortable silence. Within fourteen hours, a studio executive arrived, threatening to fire him on the spot unless he changed the ending to one where the Alien would die. Scott later admitted that allowing Ripley to live was the better ending.

According to Sir Ridley Scott in the DVD commentary, he had envisioned a moment in the ending scenes of Ripley and the Alien in the space shuttle, in which the Alien would be sexually aroused by Ripley. Scott says that in the scene, after Ripley hides in the closet, the Alien would find her, and would be staring at her through the glass door. The Alien would then start touching itself as if comparing its body to Ripley's. The idea was eventually scrapped.

>survival
for its species survival would mean endless parasitic reproduction. Not survival of the individual xenomorph.

Ridley Scott originally intended for the Alien to be dying when found in the shuttle at the end, and ultimately transforming itself into a new egg.

Covenant is the best, but you need a high IQ to understand all the religious and philosophical references.

this

Attached: alien.jpg (700x1051, 154.33K)

Alien and Aliens, the rest suck.

the predator is an actual alien extraterrestrial, from another planet.

But the xenomorph, now that is a monster from another dimension. Its too weird to be from this one.

Alien > Alien 3 >>> Aliens

>You could watch Aliens a hundred times its a roller coaster.
I frankly feel even less compelled to watch Aliens.
What I like about the first movie is the unique imagery. Aliens feels more conventional.
I do love the opening though.
youtube.com/watch?v=tMkV_NkiZjE

She was cute.

Attached: 2022-04-15 15.00.55 www.youtube.com c6a394ba491a.png (1214x632, 576.67K)

does anyone like alien better than aliens who watched the latter first? by the time I had seen alien I had already seen the superior the thing and predator and some slashers so it was just a lame slasher film with good production and aesthetics to me.

alien = alien 2 > prometheus
i saw a syndicated cut of alien 3 when i was a kid and it felt like a ridiculous fever dream, barely remember it. prometheus was ok because theron played a sexy ice bitch, other than that the movie was terrible

I believe the director did this because it imitates the behavior of bugs you find in your house.
Imagine, you enter your bathroom, you move something and you see that behind it there's a huge spider or a turk, barely moving sitting still, is it gonna jump/fly on me, why doesn't it move what should I do....

Attached: 644f284ec762c6b2417e36fd763bb781.png (2880x1800, 1.58M)

>your

>or a turk

Attached: 09.jpg (325x315, 35.85K)

The one where Vazquez drugs Ripley and proceeds to strip her naked and tie her spread eagle to a chair and when Ripley wakes up she sees Vazquez holding a Dr. Scholls Dual Action Freeze Away Wart Remover.
>”What the fuck are you going to do with that? "
Vazquez just smiled and spread Ripley's labia and pulls back the hood on Ripley's sizable clit. When she pressed the intensely cold Dr. Scholls Dual Action Freeze Away Wart Remover against Ripley's clit she screamed from the physical agony before starting to weep and bellow ”Nooooo, nooooo, noooo!” at the horrific realization her clitoris was damaged beyond repair and would soon turn black and would be nothing more than dry dead skin that would soon fall off.

Attached: d_FreezeAwayDualAction_7ct_front_1440x1440.png (3000x3000, 3.62M)

>, why the fuck does the Alien take its sweet ass time getting out of its hiding spot? Enough time for Ripley to get into her space suit. This is supposed to be an apex predator and it does this?
its self-purpose is not to kill but to endlessly reproduce via parasitism.

its a weaponized other-dimensional monster brought in this dimension by the giant dude(s) from Alien 1. But they fucked up and died themselves.

I love Alien and Aliens pretty equally. I also really like Alien 3.

Attached: 1586743325687.webm (960x405, 2.44M)

people want to talk about how unrealistic aliens is... let's talk about how alien has one of the most illogical scenes ever (will admit it looks great)
>an alien has just burst out john hurt's chest
>it gave the crew a look and then scurried off quickly
>probably one of the most traumatic/shocking/surreal things a human could ever see
>what is harry dean stanton doing in the VERY NEXT SCENE?
>he's casually walking around, bored, bitching about why he's gotta' look for a cat
>"hey cat... hey cat... come 'ere you dumb cat..."
>couldn't have a fucking care in the world
>hey some water dripping down ahhhh that feels good
in what world. in what dimension. what fucking character in history would be so tough and nonchalant that they're bored in that situation? when they know a little alien that just burst out a dude's chest could be anywhere. you'd be STARING at the floor and scanning everywhere with your eyes. probably wouldn't be willing to go anywhere alone. if you bring this up with an alien fan they'll say "YOU'RE FORGETTING THAT THE CREW HAD NO WAY OF KNOWING IT WAS XENOMORPH-SIZE AT THAT POINT". uh huh, yeah, that's certainly worth considering... but they also just saw an alien burst out of john hurt's chest. if that doesn't establish danger then what would? is harry dean stanton (an average joe working class guy by all indications) just the cockiest coolest most confident guy ever? the attitude dallas had was way, way more realistic. would be a nonstop adrenaline ride

Alien fucking shits.

Attached: 1633926829943.webm (704x288, 2.06M)

Ew.

Attached: 1625231680416.webm (1920x800, 2.94M)

>in what dimension. what fucking character in history would be so tough and nonchalant that they're bored in that situation? when they know a little alien that just burst out a dude's chest could be anywhere. you'd be STARING
so shocked that the emotinal and mental damage went full circle and he reverted to that behavior.

it should have been one of these things that got onto the ship at the end
fucker literally beheaded that one bitch in a single bite

The one with the wheelchair dude and the nigga that can't miss a shot.

>its a weaponized other-dimensional monster brought in this dimension by the giant dude
That's the first time I'm hearing this shit. Is this canon

Attached: 148366.jpg (1000x1500, 284.36K)

no, just the only way it makes sense to me and sounds interesting.

>That's the first time I'm hearing this shit. Is this canon
its not entirely without basis. The monster is in effect a Giger creature and it thus existed in the nightmares of giger, in his mind in another dimension.

Yea, I found it really unsettling, and the implication that it might have communicated is great.