Who was in the wrong here?

Who was in the wrong here?

Attached: no substitutions.webm (738x400, 2.88M)

Most diners in my corner of upstate would be happy to accommodate.

Not doing side orders of toast on the menu is retarded and just cuts out your ability to make extra money for nothing.

The waitress was wrong and was being too unaccommodating, rude, and hostile. Jack overreacted at the end but he was right to offer to pay more for less food to avoid the waitress having to "break the rules."

americans not knowing how to cook so they have dinners every 2 minutes

imagine being proud you have no time so you could wageslave even more.

DAMN! He really did that shit zaaaaaaamn

the dumb cunt "server" is always in the wrong.

/thread

She was deliberately being as difficult as possible and even when he gave her an out by playing by her nonsensical adherence to stupid rules and finding a solution she had to remain snarky rather than just taking the order and bringing it back, most likely with spit in the omelette.

All Jack had to do was just get an english muffin instead. Imagine being so petty because your gay ass bread wasn't in the right shape, if anything Jack WAS MORE OF A WOMAN THAN THE SERVER.

Hold the spit too, please

The no substitutions rule is supposed to stop people from wasting the restaurant's time and gaming the menu to get free food. The bitch throwing the no substitutions rule in the customer's face was being a bitch because she likes to use the rule to be a bitch. She was literally making her own life harder and it's obvious she doesn't care about the purpose of the rule.

Jack, he was a little out of order

Jack had already acted like an asshole by that point and the waitress had already decided she wasn't going to serve him regardless. You can see it as soon as he pulls her back.

The waitress told him he had to abide by the rules and not ask for substitutions, which is harsh but fair. Jack's character comes up with a solution that works within the rules, and she immediately starts talking back and giving him attitude about it. When he returns that back talk and attitude with a cheeky joke, she gets upset, and then he gets upset.
Ultimately, the waitress was in the wrong. Not for upholding the rules, again, that's okay, but when Jack's character came up with a solution, she should have accepted it.
I would also say the restaurant was ultimately the main one in the wrong for not having an item like "toast" on the menu as something you can just order, especially given toast is so easy to make and costs you nothing but can easily be marked up and make you decent money for nothing, and it's something most people are going to want with their breakfasts.

the entitled white man who thinks the rule don't apply to him after a life of unearned privilege was in the wrong obviously
I'm right so I'm just going to close the tab, don't bother responding to me I'm not going to see it and if you disagree you're wrong anyways so it's a waste of time to read your cope
/thread

Attached: 1635337412754.jpg (1080x1349, 216.71K)

The manager for making the rule.

Adults who make ridiculous additions and substitutions to menu items were the kids who sperged when different foods touched on their plate.

His tone, his smartness... I'm telling you he was clearly in the wrong.

The waitress for going power drunk on an iota of authority.

Attached: 1624444504169.png (500x500, 104.69K)

None of these words make any sense when you combine them in the order you just did

why does she care so much about the rules? she is a waitress making less than minimum wage she should not give a single fuck

Jack had no money and was just making a scene to get out of paying and to impress his tag along girls.

>Noooooooooooo you can't have these items we serve with these items we also serve, you have to eat it the way we set it out on the menuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Attached: soyjaktears.jpg (550x513, 45.01K)

>if anything Jack WAS MORE OF A WOMAN THAN THE SERVER.
Yeah, no .
Jack wanted toast, he had the right to it, pure & simple .

>diner doesnt have side orders of toast
fucking stupid diner i hope they hit by an asteroid

imagine being obsessed with a country that isn't even your own

>he had the right to it
>demanding rights to be catered to from a food place with an established menu
Just bring your own toast next time or eat at home if youre going to be so autistic about your food

>the rules
its a fucking restaraunt. It is literally there to accomodate you and cook you food you want to eat. They dont get to make the rules. The rule is whatever makes the customer happy enough for them to exchange their cash for your services. Making retarded rules for not ordering food that the restaraunt DOES serve is retarded. Fuck your rules, i want my wheat toast.

"Can i have the spicy chicken... but dont make it too spicy?"
"Yeah i ordered the fried eggs.... but they were runny"
"Oh excuse me waitress who is working in a cheap cafe that i choose to come to... this $1 orange juice on the menu... is it FRESHLY SQUEEZED? I only drink freshly squeezed. Oh its not? Well fine it will just have to do"

I feel sorry for the food wagies and the shit i see them deal with.

That was after the main exchange though.

This. Never been in a place where they dont offer toast, its prolly even cheaper than an english muffin. It almost sounds like management is more autistic than Jack.

I would say: hey asshole! Suck my clit faggot

>Just bring your own toast next time

Attached: 1624368029972.jpg (988x720, 86.9K)

you have no clue what you're talking about, moron.

This is just a wish fulfillment scenario of some 80s cuck

wagies are there to torment.

Attached: cool-pepe.png (663x397, 332.8K)

Attached: tipzero.jpg (550x394, 60.13K)

Jack was wrong. *Never* be rude to anyone handling your food. I worked in places where the staff had a secret system to inform each other which customers were being assholes. Second, the waitress was probably just following her dinner's policy. Maybe she'd get fired if she bent the rules. Maybe she's got kids to feed at home and really needs that job. If Jack doesn't like how they do business, he should have taken his money elsewhere.

But it is a stupid policy. The customer is always right. If he makes a reasonable request for his food, make it that way and bill him appropriately.

Movie is from 1970 and she wrote it based off the producer Bob Rafelson always wanting substitutions on the menu and a time Jack Nicholson threw a bunch of coffee mugs off a table at a cafe.

>But it is a stupid policy. The customer is always right. If he makes a reasonable request for his food, make it that way and bill him appropriately.
I hate the customer is always right meme but this is right. It's a reasonable request. Honestly for her it's an easy way to get a better tip. If she excuses herself to go out back for one minute, shoots shit with the staff then comes back and says, "look we don't usually do substitutions but I had a chat with the manager and we're happy to give you that toast but we'll have to charge you the same price as an English muffin."
They'll be happy and likely tip you more because they'll feel like you went out of your way to accomodate them.

>boss of the company I work at is an oldschool mr burns-esque millionare who walks around like he owns the world
>just parks anywhere he wants and pays any fines he gets for doing so
>takes staff to restaraunt
>says he feels like a having steak sandwich
>asks anyone else if they want one
>turns to waitress
>"Can i get 4 steak sandwiches?"
>wagie waitress says "thats not on the menu, it would be very expensive for you"
>"Well i didnt ask you if it would be expensive did i?"
>orders them out of spite
>probably cost him over $150 for 4 steak sandwiches

Is this based or cringe?

Attached: 9b2b97ba635e90d1d57f6ade166f16d9a446d2750ab6bb53c7fe93b3727f88d3_1.jpg (1080x530, 69.22K)

I would not expect tip at that point though so joke's on him

>Works as a waitress
No, the joke really is on you.

Yeah but you are eating my spit greaseball so joke is DEFINETELY on you

Incredibly based.

thats based but why would it be expensive? isnt a steak sandwich just steak + bread?

Yeah add cum hair blood a bit of poo and a lot of piss

>Jack was wrong. *Never* be rude to anyone handling your food.
This. It's like getting an attitude with the nurse about to jab a needle in your vein but worse.

pretty based

>Jack was wrong. *Never* be rude to anyone handling your food
Well, she didn't handle him any food so

Jack, the waitress is just following the rules of the restaurant. He should have pick someone with his own size like the manager.

The sexual tension of this kinetic webem has this spottem gottem all anxious and shit.

cringe and fake

So Ricky Gervais stole the bit? Damn.

Touche.

The got drinks.

>The customer is always right.
This is an overused and misinformed platitude. You don't ever listen you tell the customer what is right.

haha, just so happens we transition towards more powerful companies who dominate now the political landscape, haha but the customer definetely shouldnt complain ,haha, he just make himself another restaurant haha

wtf is a plain omelet? thats just eggs.

Why? If you're paying for food, you should be able to get what you want to eat and not stuff you don't want to eat.
>"i'll have the eggs, make them sunny side up"
>eggs come out scrambled
>"excuse me, this isn't what i ordered and not what i want to pay for"
>OH NO THE POOR WAGIE
It's not even that bad to deal with a complaint, especially at a low stakes job like waitressing where, if you get fired, it's not even a big deal, you can literally just become a waitress anywhere else.