What was his FUCKING problem?

What was his FUCKING problem?

Attached: rygel.jpg (426x464, 37.52K)

Once a dominar, always a dominar

Attached: 1634808271142.png (1057x727, 535.15K)

Wasn't he basically torture-raped for over 100 years?

Yes, but they never broke him, they only made him stronger

Attached: 1625892086208.jpg (860x502, 130.52K)

Oh there is no expanse of the mind the will cannot traverse

He was deposed by a relative and mind raped by Peacekeepers
honestly he kept it together pretty well

He was just too based for his own good

Sluts wouldn't watch themselves.

Attached: 1648403004622.png (650x650, 408.22K)

Shit show, the only good thing was the puppetry

He was always tired from having to carry the show

Very based.

Being too based

why did crichton increasingly act like a jackass as the show degraded
was it an issue of an obvious slashed budget but the actor was trying to get out of a contract and get the series cancelled for good?
i find the series comfy and able to hold up to any other sci fi series of the era

Attached: download.jpg (199x253, 8.17K)

Where does Pilot peepee poopoo?

I thought Scorpius was cool. When it comes to bad basic cable sci-fi TV shows for me it was Lexx.

Yeah, I tried watching this the other day just because I always see Yea Forums threads about it. It's dumb as fuck, badly written. The special effects and puppetry are pretty damn cool, but that's it.

Attached: 1645343589988.jpg (1004x1236, 103.46K)

Jesus Christ how horrifying

BRAAAAAAPPPP

Attached: 1646716745035.jpg (591x474, 128.17K)

Attached: 20220415_091836.jpg (884x907, 96.73K)

>why did crichton increasingly act like a jackass as the show degraded
He was going insane, cut him some slack.

It was a character arc. Crichton starts out as this naive human. Over the course of the series he is trapped in a time loop that sees him die repeatedly, is captured by a god-like alien and forced to fight Crais to the death, is mind raped by Delvians (Zahn's people), has his mind invaded by the wormhole aliens, has his eyeballs pulled out by the Nebari as part of them brainwashing him, is strapped into a torture chair by Scorpius and nearly broken and sees the PK tech girl he fell in love with get murdered. That's season 1. It gets much worse for him.

Crichton being more of a jackass is the long term result of him being put through the fucking wringer and getting more aggressive and crazy together with getting more competent as a result. AFAK all the main actors loved the series. The blue body paint nearly killed Zahn's actress and she stuck with it until the choice was "keep doing it or die of kidney failure".

That's interesting, I usually tell people that if you can get past the puppetry it's a good series. It is wildly uneven though. I'm curious if you can elaborate on what you saw and what the issues were?

To much pure basado for such a tiny body.

It was his mental state degrading, dumbfuck. That's why he slowly went from normal astronaut, to wannabe captain kirk, to a cartoon character. He was slowly losing his mind and coming to grips with the fact that this was his life now.

It gets better, I’ll give you my virgin experience.

>like the pilot
>thought the middle of season 1 was pretty meandering and boring
>pushed through until the end
>baddie gets introduced
>it becomea kino

The show was initially conceived for kids something akin to doctor who. Towards the end of season one it finds it’s footing. But if you don’t like it when Scorpius comes then you might just not like the rest of the show. But as far as sci-fi shows go Farscape is top tier.

>. It is wildly uneven though. I'm curious if you can elaborate on what you saw and what the issues were?

Just boring, overall, didn't care about any of the characters, except the puppets really. Blue bitch is boring, doesn't even have good makeup. Wookie guy is the same, and why does he have a frog tongue...? I dunno, who cares.

Astronaut guy just reminded me of Mike Nelson the whole time. Then of course we get the obvious love interest in the first episode.

Other than that they didn't really do anything with the story. You got a ship and bad guys chasing it, ok fine, great, that's it.

Sluts

Attached: farscape rygel chiana watch yourself slut.png (960x720, 716.37K)

Being too based.

Ah, you're autistic. I now understand.

Does S1 get better? I got filtered by the third episode.

Someone doesn't have to be autist just because they don't like what you like.

t. faggots

First one is weakest.

He was the best character.

Like every sci-fi series, Farscape also opens up pretty boring and slow, but later seasons become more even and really good.

who the fuck is mike nelson

flatulence

>that time he became a simp for a slutty hynerian spy who fakes all her orgasms

I watched all of Farscape, I didn't like until the last season, and its not worth getting to that point before it gets good

the last season is the worst season though

Thats because you are a pleb, sorry to tell you.

Last season was maybe the worst? What the hell.

Not what I'm saying. Look at the wording of the post, at the issues taken with the show. The absolute best thing about Farscape is its characters, the development of their personalities, and how they interact with each other and experience the world. Farscape is above and beyond in this regard and it's plainly obvious to any non-autistic individual who can pick up on social nuances - and is largely the reason people end up loving the show. And it's no small thing, the reason people who like the show generally tend to LOVE the show is because it does character writing so exceedingly well as to be among the best character writing put to television. I wasn't calling the poster above (you?) an autist to be a dick, I was pointing out that autism is the reason he (you?) doesn't like the show.

Fair enough; if the premise doesn't grab you, the show won't really work, since it all builds from there.

The interesting thing about Aeryn, is that in the first season they teased relationships between Aeryn and D'Argo and John and Chiana; they just realized pretty quickly that Ben Browder and Claudia Black had such great on screen chemistry that their problem was "How do we plausibly keep these two apart".

It's also interesting because Farscape wasn't written season by season the way shows are today. They had a lot of plot points and even major characters that they changed more or less on the fly. Chiana and Scorpius were both supposed to die in their initial appearances; Lt. Braca was a glorified extra, Stark was never supposed to come back, the entire Harvey plot-line was an accident. I have to wonder if the idea that entire seasons are written as a batch vs. the idea that TV is produced in an episodic manner influences how people react to things.

3 seasons of stupid shit and bad writing = last season actually cares for storytelling and characters, which the first 3 seasons clearly didn't give a fuck what it was doing

>pleb doubling on being pleb
many such cases

As a fan of Trek and B5, Farscape is one of the most bizzare out their sci-fi, and I love it.
How something with this much creative freedom was allowed to be made is beyond me.

I think you're unironically thinking of the wrong show. Even if you think S1-S3 are bad writing, I can't imagine a universe where you think S4 has better writing.

I can see you don't understand anything about writing.

Alright, fair point.

Underage please go.

Season 1 is mediocre to bad until the last 3-4 episodes where shit hits the fan and the story ramps up.
From that point forward it's pretty much a high octane ride of weirdass glory until the end of the series. It's not a case where the show gets marginally better starting with season 2. It gets magnitudes better after the growing pains of season 1 have finished.

Attached: p184037_b_h10_ab[1].jpg (1920x1080, 508.92K)

>last season actually cares for storytelling and characters
>first 3 seasons clearly didn't give a fuck
Lad the show has some of the best character development of any show ever made and the majority of it happens over those first three seasons. Poe's law is in full effect here because I genuinely can't tell if troll or retard.

>Underage please go.
you seem to have greatly overestimated the cultural relevance of this shit

god damn i hated this show
its characters were all basically trash
a show that had so much freedom that it lost its own plot and started huffing its own farts to the point none of it made any fucking sense anymore

>Lt. Braca was a glorified extra
I always liked braca

t. brainlet

God Tier:
Crichton
Scorpy/Harvey

Great Tier:
Crais
Aeryn
Pilot
Rygel

Good Tier:
Dargo
Sikozu
PK Tech girl

Okay Tier:
Braca
Grayza
Grandma
Jool
Zaan

Bad Tier:
Stark

Shit Tier:
Chiana
Jothee

Attached: paulie.png (1000x1151, 271.03K)

Impressively accurate

Why is Farscape so underrated on Yea Forums? I hardly ever see threads about it. What went wrong?

just seen bit's & pieces of the show few questions

>does the human ever actually find his way home

>was it true that they were connected to stargate or dark matter

>does the blue alien end up with the guy since she clearly has the hots for em since the moment they meet?

Attached: Kira.jpg (1280x536, 96.25K)

>crais that high
>braca that low
>chiana that low
never liked dargo that much either but he gets better as the show goes on i guess

the answer to all of these questions is yes and no

>>chiana that low
>liking a filthy tralk

It's so good that there's not much disagreement to spur discussion.

Princess Aeryn best Aeryn.

Attached: Scorpu.png (502x462, 214.84K)