Why are there no movies about male puberty?

Why are there no movies about male puberty?
Why is it always girls?

Attached: 4377064adc945626117c7bd6452c9bbf91d6c626a0ddc06f5736c0b4fed79254._SX1080_.jpg (1080x608, 43.24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_tb0HZrobUE
youtube.com/watch?v=UxsIGtju1So
youtube.com/watch?v=b0mYryxEgDo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Inside Out
Turning Red
Ginger Snaps

I think there have been. The Lion King is the first one that comes to mind. A kid realizing he has to stop playing around with his friends and man up to take is proper place in society as a leader.

I guess there's tons of "coming of age" stories. But for the women it's always about physical changes and body horror. I can't name an example for men. Like feeling awkward and tall and emotional and attracted to women, etc.

Maybe I'm just overthinking this.

>Why is it always girls?

Attached: tits.gif (600x338, 2.54M)

Attached: 1601460521341.png (1206x824, 1.37M)

Did you make this image for my thread?

when is the gs show coming out?

>wake up
>look in mirror
>muscle mass has doubled
>shoot webs of sticky fluid all over room
>get in fight with bully
>suffer loss of older relative
>get priorities straight and grow up
How much more on the nose do you want it?

Attached: SpidermanTobey-1122x751.jpg (1122x751, 109.66K)

>Inside Out
not about puberty
>Turning Red
>Ginger Snaps
about girls

you should read the OP again

Ohh...

All 3 of those moves are about girls hitting puberty

most likely.
20 seconds of work and has a good chance to get people seething. Solid time investment if you ask me

Th-thanks

read the fucking OP retard
and inside out is not about puberty

Don't thank me,I did not make it. I'm just a passerby

Puberty for women is when you become a woman, men don't care about puberty, you become a man when you have sex, that's why there are a lot of films about virgin men getting laid

Because a film about male puberty would just be two hours of some underage kid jerking off, which isn't a very acceptable movie
So it generally tends to be more general coming of age movies, rather than specifically puberty movies. Films like Stand By Me

Hamlet *

Sexism obviously
I bet there's tons of movies where "male puberty" means "teehee I guess I'm gay" in some hack writer's mind

There's no shortage of coming of age movies, I get it. But teenage boys don't just jerk off and experience puberty like it's nothing. They have hormones that make them feel strongly and often start to feel depressed and fight and feel awkward in their bodies too. There's a physical component to it more than what is saying, I think.

I can't think of a single movie where a teenage boy measures his dick in a non-joking manner and feels insecure about it.

Goddamit, Raimi...

Actual fucking retard lol

>women puverty movies:
>WOW, BODY IS CHANGING, BAD MOOD!
>men puverty movies:
>WOW, LOOK HER BODY! IM GONA COOM!
both are awful, but at least you see tiddies in most of the second ones

I would argue that the lack of actual male puberty movies is the reason people in this thread think male puberty is just "lol tits, I'm gonna coom."
I recall being a very emotional, angry teenager, feeling extremely awkward and lonely, etc. and dealing with hormones as a male.
I have yet to see a movie that touches on this beyond the typical "coming of age" movies that all roughly imitate Hamlet.

sauce

There's been millions of coming of age movies. Are you referring to ones that specifically mention periods? What would the male equivalent even be?

It's 100% this.
Outside of tepid shit like Boyhood or Perks of Being a Wallflower, the only kino that addresses male puberty is gay kino.
Who else besides gay men actually cares about teenage boys?

boners everywhere
>op is a fag and a pedo

Because the Brits ruined the genre when they made The Secret Diary of Adrian Mole

Attached: CapturedBritish.jpg (594x394, 48.48K)

Now that's a book I haven't thought of in a long time

Probably because a movie about male puberty would have to explicitly contend with the fact that you go from a relatively innocent kid with diverse interests to a machine that thinks about fucking 24/7 almost overnight, and society in general would rather demonize that than sympathize with it.

Attached: gb.jpg (1920x1080, 929.45K)

it could work as a comedy
"How I Became a Sixteen-Year-Old Sex Offender,"
dude is so horny he starts peeping on a teacher, or something, and shenangins ensue

there would be feminist/journalist jihad launched against a show like that

Watch this scene again m8:
youtube.com/watch?v=_tb0HZrobUE

Attached: pubic hair.jpg (1280x720, 82.31K)

Superbad?

chronicle? maybe?

It's more about leaving puberty

Very compelling. Thank you.

who is this WMD mare?

Movies about Male puberty are more about Spiritual Maturation than Physical Transformation.
Man are tecnically capable of producing Sperm and etc. from birth, while woman sexually mature with the occurance of their periods, so male puberty has a lesser "physical starting point" to serve as a launching off point for commentary.

Attached: 80c8e48fa9d82b7aa8e07752ce5e1c25.jpg (994x750, 104.3K)

>Man are tecnically capable of producing Sperm and etc. from birth
uh
how was this information discovered, exactly?

Attached: 1645539737402.png (917x871, 234.96K)

Because male puberty boils down to "I'll fuck anything that moves" and learning to live with the fact that you can't be a caveman rapist.
youtube.com/watch?v=UxsIGtju1So

>i want a show about shooting loads in your sleep
get seth rogan on the phone!

anyone with a sister can tell you that teenage girls do a lot of disgusting shit and their bodily transformation is more dramatic. For boys it's all about random boners, bating a lot, and trying to look at tits.

>hasn't seen kevin the teenager
youtube.com/watch?v=b0mYryxEgDo

unironically because women can't shut up about themselves and feel like everyone has to know they bleed from their vagina and they should be okay with it because they're not

The actual reason is because women peak in late puberty, both mentally and physically. For men it's just the part of their life when they start getting random erections. Men reach their peak way later.
So when a woman thinks of this period, she thinks about the best time of her life.

Jesus christ, my thread is still here?
I've left the thread, watched a movie, and beat 2 bosses in Sekiro since making this.

There's millions of coming-of-age movies, but none about what it's like to physically go through puberty as a man.
Why the fuck are periods symbolized in everything but penis development and uncontrollable boners isn't?

This is the shit I'm talking about. If turning into a vampire can symbolize female puberty, turning into a werewolf could be a great symbol for male puberty. It fits perfectly.
I didn't consider this movie.

The guys who had the worst puberty experience

were the ones who started it last

Attached: BmAx4w8IIAEgXYk.jpg (472x472, 11.52K)

They're like 16-17 in that. It's different

True

The episode "Pairing Off" in Boy Meets World sort of handles it. At least the aspect of suddenly noticing girls and being attracted to them. Erection Day from South Park when Jimmy keeps getting boners.

Nobody wants to watch that. What self respecting man would want to watch a film about a teenage boy getting random boners, smelling bad and wanking 24/7

Spider-Man.
Spider-Man.
Goes through puberty like any boy can.
Is it a metaphor, listen bud
He shoots sticky white fluid like a stud
Look out, here comes the puberty metaphor!

Nah, people love movies about werewolves. The allegory almost writes itself.

What about Lord of the Flies? (any version before the all-grill remake)

Isn't just about every teen coming of age movie focused on men's experiences? For every Turning Red there are 5 Porky's.