Yeah, I can climb this solo, and all I need is

>yeah, I can climb this solo, and all I need is...
>these specialized rubber shoes that allow me to grip the wall, without them it's impossible
>these shoes are made in a sweatshop factory in bangladesh and the waste is dumped into the local river - did I ever tell you I'm a vegan and an environmentalist?
>and this magic sticky powder, otherwise I'd lose hold and slip
>and to rehearse the route for months and months until I guarantee I can do every hold
>conveniently placed cracks all the way up to the top that I can grip on to
>but yeah, I can solo it
>"it's all about the mental aspect, that's what makes it so impressive"
Goats don't rehearse anything, they climb on whim to lick salt, no magic sticky powder, no specialized shoes, nothing. That's free soloing, none of this artificial, Redbull-Go-pro tier commercialized sport.

Attached: 1628960678743.jpg (3000x2000, 1.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/K0KzvD-0rx0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are we lookin at here.

Could you do the same thing with all the same conditions?

a faggot online

Most humans can't or won't do it, that's why it's impressive. It's like watching the Olympic's and saying "I don't get it, the guy runs fast. So what?" So basically, what I'm saying is that you're a fucking retard.

he's probably got a ladder hidden in that crack!

>hah look at the loser who trains to do something and can do it

ah this is your niche of interest is it
cool blog post

>no specialized shoes
Yea I'm sure their hooves have nothing to do with it.

Haven't seen this shitpost in a while.

Also, if it's so easy with all that gear, how come more people don't do it?

>Goats
>no specialized shoes
user...

Attached: 67e76ffaca6ce04de982ed590cf68061.jpg (1200x806, 172.44K)

>yeah I don't climb with harnesses. I just put my hand in these cracks so even if I slip nothing bad happens

copypasta

I think the funny part is that even if you picked a random person and let them train for months going up and down the same cliff face with safety gear and harnesses and ropes and all the normal stuff, they'd still bitch out the second they had to even try any climbing without that stuff.

And you know what? They'd be fucking right to. You absolutely should not fucking try climbing a mountain with no ropes or gear. That's not a sane or smart thing to do.

it's not even about skill or talent, his brain lacks a certain inhibition. people like this deserve to be weeded out

For me, it (was) Marc Andre

Attached: 1650005725112.jpg (730x1095, 75.32K)

Watch The Alpinist

It’s about a guy who does the style you’re talking about. All improv and also freeclimb.

Attached: A64F68AE-C928-45FB-A593-B0258A394FA6.jpg (1731x1154, 419.36K)

the cameraman for this stuff is the best climber in the world.

Olympic runners don't use magic powders to make themselves fast.

>dude, I'll just lay down in this parking lot and you shoot me like I'm climbing a mountain
WOW

>how come more people don't do it?
Because no matter how good you are there's always the danger of slipping, and most people aren't deranged enough to voluntarily put themselves in life-threatening situations just for the sake of it.
Freeclimbers are a truly special breed. Back in the day they would have been conquistadors or polar explorers and shit.

No they use a magic liquid.

This is like complaining that archers use specialized bows

The Russians do

Nice1 user. Lolled at magic shoes and powder. We should allow animals to compete in olympics though. If you can train a cheetah to run the distance and not maul opponents you've deserved the medal.

>yeah I just stay in my van right at the bottom of the mountain and climb it everyday I'm really down to earth I don't need much I don't have a job but can do this full time somehow

exactly I could do it too no problem
I just don't feel like it

>Dude make sure you chop down all those trees first so they look like they're facing up

>We should allow animals to compete in olympics though.
Is horse an athlete?

>voluntarily put themselves in life-threatening situations just for the sake of it
There's this Herzog documentary about Reinhold Messner where he asks him why he puts himself in imminent danger constantly, and the answer is basically that once you're in a life-and-death situation everything you experience, every breath you take, every step you make, every rock you feel through your boots etc. just becomes so much more intense, and you begin to value even the tiniest pleasures. Basically if you manage to survive and return to base camp you'll have the best cup of tea you ever had. But when you're back in civilization everything becomes stale again after a while and you remember that fine cup of tea you had and want to taste it again, so you'll immediately plan to have the next near-death experience.
Herzog then asks if he's addicted to death, and Messner says that, on the contrary, he's addicted to life, which is why he purposely endangers it to make it more valuable.

Yeah but humans aren't goats retard

you might as well have said

>claim to fly
>need a plane to do it

>chalk
>magic sticky powder
really makes you think

>We should allow animals to compete in olympics though
americans already do

Just buy a revolver and play Russian roulette to save yourself the climb

That wouldn't do much. I guess you need to be in a dangerous situation for a prolonged period of time with no chance of turning back. If you're up a mountain above 8000 m you're basically in it and need to make it out alive. With Russian roulette you can always back out and you're safe until you pull the trigger, and as soon as you pulled it you're safe again (or dead). So basically you don't have that "fuck, what do I do now?" feeling.
Bit I guess Messner is a bad example here, guy is fucking nuts and has a huge ego. Like, an "opened a fucking museum dedicated to himself" level of ego. Made his entire living with mountaineering and yet he's crying about too many tourists and how mass tourism has ruined the Alps etc. As if somehow he had a right to enjoy them but the plebs don't.

You brought up that people should care that someone runs fast, you ended your post with saying someone that doesn’t agree is a retard. You never did have a reason or defense on how it matters in any way, that some faggot runs slightly faster than others. Do you not have a single reason user?

Checked and best post on Yea Forums in months

Can you stupid fucks stop responding to copypasta? How fucking new are you dumb faggots

Written by Pilkington hands

What is the pink thing circle thing withbthe arrow pointing at ?

They just take steroids and wear magic shoes

I would if I was given grip powder that costs 100K per 100 grams like that fraud had. Call me when he does it without that grip powder, but you know he would never do it in a million years without.

I prefer stallone style mountaineering

Attached: download.jpeg-11.jpg (273x185, 8.59K)

>magic sticky powder
Chalk?

Knew a native American guy back in the 90s in Iowa, he was friends with my dad somehow, but they show him free climbing on local access tv. He was like a super hero to me. Fucking died climbing tho. I'd lay in my bed at night at 7 years old and imagine it and it'd keep me up all night. Cool guy but he almost committed suicide basically? I didn't need that as a kid, my hero, the cool Indian dude who came buy alot just dying by falling 400 ft one day. Fug.

>what's that? I pretend to be poor but.just spent $500,000+ buying a house and brand new furniture/appliances.

Maybe this concept is foreign to you but the OP image is related to the OP text. If you read it you would notice that inside the circle there are several of those conveniently placed cracks that are mentioned in the text.

>knows it's shitpost
>still responds
based moron poster

How about you climb 30m tall wall with normal chalk and rented shoes? Surely a chad like yourself doesn't need magic equipment for a mere 30m?

Where the fuck do you rent shoes? Are you retarded? Yeah let me just go rent some shoes at the shoe renter. Fucking moron.

No, the point is to expose yuorself to a situation where your own willpower and desire to survive gets you out.
A random chance of getting a bullet in your head is not that.

they literally do

How did this film get away with exposing women so brazenly?
>meets him
>immediately injures him twice
>tells him to give up his lifelong dream
>makes him buy everything including a fucking house

not him, but OP is a retard faggot no worse arguing with since he's a massive retard

if it's not impressive surely you can go do it yourself then?? Oh wait you wouldn't make it up 3 inches because you weigh 400 pounds

Found the "climber"
Ever heard of taking the stairs, you fucking retard?
We have helicopters too but those might freak your monkey brain out.

Go do it then. Stop complaining, go there and start climbing.

>conveniently placed cracks all the way up to the top that I can grip on to
Lmao
It's a fucking rock face, you think he went down there with dynamite the night before and blew the cracks himself

youtu.be/K0KzvD-0rx0
kino

>dies doing something dangerous and stupid
kek

A mad jelly basement dwelling hambeast.

>people like this deserve to be weeded out
People like this are the future. Enjoy dying out, mister "psychopathy is le bad"

he'll pluge to his death, screaming and faggots like you will cope with shit like
>at least he died doing what he loved, what have you done hurrr
yea, he loved screaming while shitting his pants, but okay.

>what is photoshop

the future of pavement painting