Severance

>work in an office for a week
>attempt suicide by hanging and threaten to cut your fingers off if you aren’t let go

Is it really that bad?

Attached: B98E30E8-4774-4F85-B2E7-2DC045B456EA.jpg (675x1000, 84.32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/eX4GOltUDdA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>coworker tells me about show
>mentions it's directed by fucking Ben Stiller
>"Oh so is it a comedy?"
>coworker says not at all
>watch a few episodes, genuinely laugh a few times
Does my coworker not understand dark comedy or do I just have autism?

Yes it is that bad. I've threatened to shoot my coworkers and my clients several times and have destroyed office property relentlessly over the years but they still aren't willing to fire me. It is hell on earth.

Remember, you’re here forever

It’s over

Attached: 2C6F09C1-F09C-4642-867F-B782C9C25509.png (1614x681, 611.77K)

dont be sexist.

Tism

You see Helena's soul hadn't been golemized by years of public schooling and so rebelled against the unnatural state of wage slavery despite having no apparent memory.

Was finishing watching the show and thinking on making a meme of this, shiiiet, i really liked it, the pacing for the 2 last episodes was shit imo but besides that its a really good show

Kino

>be literal slave that will only ever work
>never have sex
>never enjoy the fruit of your labor
>all so your lazy bum outie can grow rich off the sweat of your back

yes, it was that bad and more

>attempted suicide in the office
>show distributed by Apple

Attached: ironic.gif (498x435, 103.03K)

innies of the world rise up

>user I have a way to send a message to the outside. You have to cum in me.

Attached: severance-helly-z.jpg (650x433, 154.67K)

>>never have sex

They get sex from the office rewards if they pass the quarterly goals though.

They have a story on the radio about an innie office worker getting pregnant and her outie not knowing until it was too late. Surprised her relationship with mark was so minimally developed. They just kissed once before the end

Wealthy character is narcissistic, thinks rules don’t apply to her, becomes the catalyst that causes the wagies to rebel.

What did the wealthy Hollywood screenwriters behind this show mean by this?

Pretty sure the catalyst for rebelling was Petey and he was a nobody who somehow got unsevered

and just what the fuck is that going to accomplish?

Why did the diversity in this show feel fine and wasn’t forced?

Pic related was based and so was the black middle manager. His “I want to remember my fucking kid being born!” While holding the switches for the others was a kino scene

Attached: 4FE8D3A0-E027-427C-900E-194834365582.jpg (2392x1604, 548.92K)

I can tell you why. Because they're actually DECENT actors who can emote with with their eyes, face and body.
Notice how shit the two black female shoe horns were? Shit actresses.

You know realize hollywood is casting trash black actors who cry the loudest.

Wesley Snipes is KINO, he hasn't been replaced.

I remembered this dude from being the assistant book seller who dated a tranny on YOU season 1

Considering how ugly he is he’s done very well for himself in acting. Fills a great niche role as the side character in a grunt job

because diversity in general isn't a problem and you only think it is because of right wing psyops

Innie sex is a waffle and a dance show. No touching.

Attached: 1649781929692.png (600x681, 236.86K)

Nah, usually diversity is built in with specific shit like constantly talking about privilege or racism

The innies don’t even really have a concept of racism so it’s skipped over

>t. victim of leftwing psyops.

I think it was a little more complicated than that. The severed version of her would only know that existence, she would only be present as an office drone, she wouldn't have any freedom or independence at all, and not only that, she knew that this was her existence for eternity

It's about good writing and characterisation. It's the difference between him and the black chick Mark dated

>diversity isn't a problem
source please

your coworker doesn't know shit about dark comedy

Anyone else really enjoy how they all got fired up by the cliche as fuck quotes from Marks brother in laws shitty book?

Both funny and inspiring how since it’s literally the only non work book they have ever seen it had such an impact on them.

Attached: A65B3078-A2F3-4613-9A87-828A10E69192.jpg (1676x946, 206.45K)

I loved this too because cheesy motivational stuff has been done before, but actually finding a way to turn it in to actual motivation due to the context the characters were in was both hilarious and kino.

(sigh)
okay

>unzips

Both probably

>unironically using the word psyop
I guess what originates on /pol/ trickles into reddit years later

really missed the opportunity by not using the acronym

Attached: 1637353187615.jpg (400x400, 14.6K)

Why did the boss let that book into it anyway? I thought she wanted them to rebel at first but later it turned out she definitely didn’t

There is a difference between authentic diversity and "let's shove San Francisco and London down our viewers' throats" diversity

Was pretty sad when innie mark talked about how he sometimes started work with red eyes and found out it was because outie Mark was crying over his dead wife

my wife

Attached: xx12.jpg (1918x802, 199.12K)

turns out "diversity hires" aren't as bad when they are also hired for their skills and not just their looks. also that guy is probably considered white in the US.

It’s not a comedy, overall. However there are some funny moments.

Because they’re normal people. In any other show, this guy would have a monologue about the trials about being an immigrant and Irving would open up about his deep struggles as a gay man while waving a rainbow flag.

>that guy is probably considered white in the US
lmfao

>that guy is probably considered white in the US
What do you mean he's not white?

they'd "go home" and feel as if they just came to work the next second, never seeing daylight, never eating real meals, never sleeping, never fucking, never reading a book, never watching a movie, never doing any hobbies, and they'd know they'd be doing it for years or decades to come
of course it'd be a hellish nightmare

I don't like the fact that the non-severed corporate fucks in charge of the experiments are cultists

me looking at your wife

Attached: Saggas.png (666x553, 141.59K)

proof?

every once in a while they will do something right
it's a numbers gameapapj

this show is basically a discworld book

you're just retarded

because equality means picking the best person for the job irregardless.

forced diversity helps no one

That also gives you a clue about the people at those readings and gatherings in his house, since they're most likely NPC-innies

Is that why they’re so weird? I thought they were just LA weirdos

Yes, that's why they're so weird. That wasn't done for shits and giggles, it's another clue

No it's just showing the formation of a new cult

This assumes you're able to spot who's best at the job though. Conscious and unconscious bias are a thing.

It doesnt even have to be about race or gender, you will be naturally inclined to prefer a person who went to the same school as you did.

Forced diversity might be the best option when the group holding all the hiring roles have a lot of bias against specific minorities. The people in those groups who are most qualified need a chance somehow, and currently there is no better alternative to giving it to them. You can always fire the ones that turn out not to be qualified.

What bothers me most about this show, is how little work they get done.

just like real life

We see a few minutes of an 8 hour work day. Shit gets done at some point.

>irregardless

because character comes first. After watching the show you know that Dylan's that overachieving guy who swears a lot, likes his perks, but would throw away everything just to know the name of his son. The fact that he's black (mixed?) comes next

> This assumes you're able to spot who's best at the job though.
True for everyone.

> you will be naturally inclined to prefer a person who went to the same school as you did.
That's not racism, nepotism has always been a thing.

Cobel asked Milchick to check it for messages, but he forgot about it after Helly tried to escape (again)

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1918x802, 109.35K)

because they've been given a thorough walkthrough of who their characters are instead of a couple lines and motivation
this is what it means when they say good directors are able to bring out the absolute best out of their actors

problem?

youtu.be/eX4GOltUDdA

Milchick in Severance
>What is it with you people?

Milchick in a woke Severance
>What is with white people?

Do you really think Milchik forgot about the book? I'm more of the idea that Cobel let them (especially Mark innie) read it. Just like how she used Gemma's candle to see his reaction. Mark innie is Cobel's object of experiment. Also dont forget that even though we saw Mark innie reading it in places with no cam, he doesn't know that there's one inside the monitor. And he did read it in front of it a couple of times.

i dont think your coworker knows how to make his eyes kind