When did South Park stop being cool?

When did South Park stop being cool?

Attached: defining-moment.png (320x240, 71.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c5uOCdjbleE
youtube.com/watch?v=B0K1HLQJUY0
youtu.be/leSjiO6Wqyg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

PC Principal

Whenever you turned 17

Around the early 2010s is when it was showing obvious signs of decay with a handful of “decent” episodes. Mid 2010s was full of forgettable garbage and it just got worse with the inclusion of PC Principal who somehow has stayed on despite the joke being...nonexistent. He doesn’t get killed off or put in his place. The funniest thing they did was a timeskip special where they were finally allowed to use their real voices for the characters but they just ended up going back to 4th grade instead of doing new material with the adults. Trey and Matt aren’t funny anymore.

I wish they'd just fucking put it out of it's misery

the Tegridy Weed shit was unfunny years ago. I am not a /pol/fag who gets upset at the politics but it's just a fucking shell of it's formal comedic self now

>Trey and Matt aren’t funny anymore
They were always juvenile shits who didn't care about what they were making, like Matt Groening's best works they were entirely carried by having a good writing team around them and eventually those talents leave to do other things.

There's no place for edgy humor in this day and age

2016. Blumpf election broke their brains

>I am not a /pol/fag who gets upset at the politics but it's just a fucking shell of it's formal comedic self now
Whatever. We all know chuds are pissed at South Park now for being a current politics commentary show. The rest is just cope.

Somewhere around S14-15 when the episodes would become straight up painful to get through.

Seasons 1-3 = Good, but still finding its identity and is caught between two eras

Seasons 4-10 = Golden age, nearly every episode is great

Seasons 11-14 = Still consistently good, but cracks showing

Seasons 15-19 = Noticeable decline

Seasons 20-Present = Collapse

post-election. you could also make a case for post-2010.

the writers don't get it. the best part of animated shows is that each episode was seperate. having an over-arching story gets in the way of jokes and creating new ideas

>There's no place for edgy humor in this day and age
>almost every single current comedian does edgy jokes and then says something like "LOL I hope they don't cancel me for saying it!"

Attached: boot.jpg (800x450, 119.89K)

>Blumpf election broke their brains
Yeah they were writing that season under the assumption that Hillary would win. Trump winning was the far funnier outcome, but they just weren't prepared for it.
Somewhere around season 13 - 15. Last of the Mehicans was kino.

When they started focusing more on faggy stan and kyle. Cartman and Kenny are both so much less obnoxious than that unfunny faggot and his ginger jew rat friend's self inserts.

p much this, i remember around season 13-14 being when i really had trouble keeping up with south park and started watching other stuff. by like 17 or 18 i couldnt even touch it anymore

Dude, weed

Just looking through the episode list and I'd say they lost their magic around 2011 or 2012

Season 15 and it hasn't recovered

Attached: Screenshot_20220415-133709_Samsung Internet.jpg (1018x1786, 559.19K)

also the gradual lack of minor character episodes. the butters and pip episodes are both some of the best of the whole show, they stopped doing little side shit for the other characters and focused on the gay boring fags like stan
>uuuowWAAA unu im so nihilistic bro everything is shit
that whole arc can get raped and pissed one

Attached: 1626487311923.jpg (600x450, 67.91K)

For me it was around Season 12. There were so many episodes that were just frustrating to watch like "The China Probrem" "Super Fun Time" and the Pandemic 2-parter. "Major Boobage" was still probably the best and more creative episode of that season though.

Attached: S12E3-Thumbnail.png (1666x936, 1.23M)

Jail Satan

Blessed Satan than you for your input

Attached: 1431980908075.gif (340x179, 330.18K)

It didn't, you became a faggot.

Checked

These are my exact same cutoffs, though I think 14 onwards is really bad. That said, the Tolkien, teenagers and horse/Russia episodes actually made me laugh. The Tegridy stuff is fucking terrible.

When they killed off chef.

probably around 2010 but at least we got a finale a few years later with the stan hearing shit episode. the simpsons will be too far gone for anything similar.

Summer of 4 Ft. 2 is a perfect Simpsons finale.

South park was at its best when it was ultimately a show about boys being boys and the antics they get into. It's also ultimately a story about children being forced to grow up too fast in a modern, industrial society and the misunderstandings and dilemmas that creates.

When they were trying to make money with the tooth fairy mafia. When Kenny throws a ninja star in Butter's eye and they try to cover it up instead of taking responsibility. When Cartman dresses up like General Lee and tries to take over the country to win a bet. When the boys jack off the dog and misunderstand sex education. Those were the type of episodes that you loved and made you laugh. It hasn't been like that for a very, very long time now.

I'll tell you the last episode I ever watched. The one with Oprah's vagina. It was so horrible and unfunny I stopped watching the show.

>lisa episode
nope

It was never cool youtube.com/watch?v=c5uOCdjbleE

It's probably the best Lisa episode. And it's as much a Bart episode too.
Plus we get great family scenes AND Milhouse, doesn't get much better than that.

Attached: swskzbb59s741.jpg (640x480, 51.22K)

Comedians all have metrosexual souls these days, and you really can’t get the “good edgy” out from someone like that

this. there definitely have been funny ones, like the super hero ones, the GoT ones, but overall it became "that episode making fun of ____"
I also thought that one was terrible

After Trump was elected

This is the first post to really hit on the correct answer. The very first sign of the series going downhill is when they started doing the season-long plot arcs, and I'm pretty sure that started with the Tegridy shit that stayed unfunny for an entire season. From there, this:
I never would have guessed that Matt and Trey would be the types to get Drumpf Derangement Syndrome, but it hit them hard. They got stuck turning Garrison into Trump, not expecting him to win, then felt the need to carry on with the joke when it clearly wasn't landing.

Episode 200

they've been intentionally making the show lackluster, ever since around the 'Everything is Shit' episode. It's just a meta joke, but I guess you didn't get it.

Attached: download.png (1343x716, 570.41K)

>Stevie Nick's voice is the first non-shart sound Stan hears
>several seasons before this, they compared Stevie Nicks to a goat

Very bipolar show.

South Park was never cool

>jewish voice
i’m good man

Right around when Book of Mormon came out.

I remember the episode where Randy became a food network chef was when I actively though "wow this show is really fucking lame".
I think Randy episodes in general might be the answer

Likely when it criticized something you supported and/or it hit too close to home OP

Idk maybe season 9? I think Imaginationland was around the last time I remember enjoying the show.

The moment they tried to parody Trump. Everyone who tries to parody Trump stops being funny, because Trump is already a self parody. Alec Baldwin came closest to getting away with it, precisely because he doesn't overdo it. He just plays Trump as a straight character and that is funny enough on its own.

Norm already said it best when it comes to Baldwin's Trump.

youtube.com/watch?v=B0K1HLQJUY0

The best Trump impression is Zach Hadel.

Never in a million years will I understand the direction the show took. What would make Trey and Matt so fucking bitter? Did they think they just needed to remain topical no matter what?

When every single episode started revolving around political shit that happened IRL 2 weeks before the episode aired.

Season 15 ep 7 (2011) “You’re getting old” is the true last episode of South park

I think the problem is they both got black wives and Trey even got a "my wife's son". They were still funny when they had Asian wives but now every time Trey Parker writes a joke he has to worry about if it will hurt his wife or his wife's sons feelings.

checked, but didnt mat stop writing in like season 4 and trey in 10 right?

Literally with the episode you posted. It started its way to becoming le wacky adventures of Randy instead of South Park.

I think the current/new SNL Trump impersonator does the voice perfectly.
He just doesn't look like Trump and the writing could be a bit better but he captures the raw insanity quite well.
youtu.be/leSjiO6Wqyg

they were always very bitter and easily asshurt

So this thread got me reading Wikipedia and i just read about the whole Token-Tolkein thing. Literally what did they mean by this?

Jesus Christ

It didn't you just became a little bitch who can't take criticism.

In the early 2000s to mid 2000s.