The best comedy in a decade

The best comedy in a decade.

Attached: MV5BODNlNmU4MGItMzQwZi00NGQyLWEyZWItYjFkNmI0NWI4NjBhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODE5NzE3OTE@._V1_.jpg (1012x1500, 481.26K)

i just watched it for the first time the other week, i was surprised at how good Gosling is at slapstick, the bathroom stall door gag was my favorite

gosling carried, genuinely a funny guy

I watched it with a woke leftie friend and she hated it... Why, i really don't get it, it's such a fun film

I have a cast on my arm rn more evidence that Ryan Gosling is a projected physical representation of my psyche

crowe was great too, they were a good duo

>hanging out with women you’re not having sex with
Do people really do this?

Good flick, they really nailed the setting without overdoing it

I was having sex with her... In fact we had sex right after so i made up for how bored she was... I just kept thinking why she'd hate gosling kino tho

cringe and r*ddit
the only good thing was hebe rice

Good for you user I don’t think I could get it up for some stupid fucking roastie that doesn’t like Gosling

One of my favorite movies of the last decade. It's a shame it flopped, I would have liked to see a sequel

i prefer kiss kiss bang bang

>drops his cig in his underpants
Lost

>woke lefty female hated a funny period piece about fellas hanging out and solving the mystery of the murdered whore
It is a mystery

>I'm Sorry to Bother You
That movie is kinda tainted for me because I really enjoyed it, but then learned that the director never meant for the central issue to be remotely balanced.

The main guy's friends (who are all lazy, shiftless, sex pest commie hypocrites) are 100% in the right, the guy who climbs the corporate ladder to save his uncle's house is a bad guy. He tried to make an unironic r/antiwork manifesto and accidentally made a really engaging movie.

When did gosling become an s class actor?

That and throwing himself off the balcony. I was wearing headphones and his grunts fucking slayed me.

Why did it fail bros???

Its evil shit. The scum who made it need to be killed.

>period piece
>rated R
>noir mystery
The marketing wasn't great, I only saw it for the first time a few months ago. It's kino, but the odds were against it.

Woke lefties are joyless husks who exist to get offended

You are not a nice guy

Attached: nice guys.jpg (817x1222, 248.68K)

Yeah, I had no idea it even existed until the week it came out on video

That's good, too.

>fellas hanging out and solving the mystery of the murdered whore
But it's just a movie, are people that are consumed by politics unable to detach political connotations to films? Could explain the forced diversity in films in general but it sounds like it discourages creativity or deep ideas
>The main guy's friends (who are all lazy, shiftless, sex pest commie hypocrites) are 100% in the right, the guy who climbs the corporate ladder to save his uncle's house is a bad guy.
>and accidentally made a really engaging movie.
I must disagree, it was very apparent he meant for the dude to look bad in what he was doing... With the dude lying to cover up his real intention of living the high life while basically not benefiting society in any way and even lying to some people or hurting them i forgot how... Also missing his gfs art gallery or not getting it or smth... The horse part and later were good but most of the movie is just le capitalism bad because it lures in le good honest ethnic man into deprivity and breaks social bonds for money. The main actor was pretty great and I don't mind such ideas but I would've liked it more if it were more subtle and less in your face. Like the moment the "white voice" comes up you know what it's about.

back when I was with my Bernie voting leftie ex she loved it. I'm more left than most people here and I thought it was great. Might just be a personal thing user

They are literally me

Because I don't felate evil scum like those bastards?

I'm pretty leftie myself, not exactly a fan of black people since I got robbed multiple times by them but i wouldn't want to wish they all die in a fire... Just some of them.

The name, nice guy is not a good title for a movie unless you are Jackie Chan

That's nice. It was a cringrfest for me. Probably disliked the white experience centric humor. You know that stereotype
>haha they're white they can get away with being shit cops, robbing and killing people, imagine if they were black... This is so fucking annoying
Kind of thing

Normalfags hated it because it was like a late 90s-early 00s detective film aka somewhat dry and thus offensive to view for today's retard audience.

I'm a "early Yea Forums leftist", you know. I want better healthcare and labor rights... But I'm still gonna lock my door in urban neighborhoods kek

My enormously republican parents watched and loved it.

Yikes. It’s been a shitty ass decade then lmao

Attached: WWYD.png (800x449, 664.01K)

>Like the moment the "white voice" comes up you know what it's about.
I would've enjoyed the film a lot more if the actors actually did their own white voices instead of the being dubbed

Tarantino probably casted her because he saw this movie and noticed that she was barefoot with her giant rat feet during the whole movie

That's part of the "le so ironically exposing White privilege". The goal is to make you feel confused by seeing a black character and a really generic white voice and feeling somewhat reassured.

I laughed so hard when the uncle did his white voice the first time, became overbearing the more it happened.

no one is interested in an original script anymore; they want remakes and sequels. Also noire isn't really in right now

He always was, he had a lot of good roles early in his career too. His hit-to-miss ratio is pretty solid. also
>still no capeshit
>closest thing to a franchise film is a Blade Runner sequel

Attached: EB20071018REVIEWS710180304AR.jpg (800x563, 83.08K)

I loved this film. Cried like a bitch by the end. Wish the qt office girl wasn't so thirsty for him throughout the movie tho.

i'd offer her a nice cool glass of water and some eggs and let her go after she's feeling better.

>tfw she didn't laugh at the "don't say whore and stuff, just say whore" part
Felt backstabbed

Attached: Pepe-The-Frog-Transparent-PNG.png (654x527, 172.26K)

I'm almost 100% sure you're correct about that, user

It was a movie for everyone
Whores don't like whore jokes

This movie is top tier gosling kino. Watched it with my dad when I was a teenager for the first time, it’s a nice memory. Genuinely hilarious moments too
>dropping the cigarette
>crowe breaking gosling’s arm in one scene
>crowe offering to carry out a hit on schoolchidren gosling’s daughter dislikes
>the guy falling down past the elevator as they go up
>gosling falling from the party house down the hill drunk
>the entirety of the final act

Why does Goslin look photoshopped into this image?

He's just that flawless, unironically

Yea, the Goose is pretty based.

>gf constantly harangues the bf for using a white voice
>he finally goes to her art exhibit
>she's using a white voice
>her "art" is just woke Ouch My Balls
It makes a really great point about how these permanently offended people are just sanctimonious losers, but then the director comes in after the movie and is like "no no no you're meant to agree with her".

They should have either made her much less annoying so we feel bad for her or amped it up to 11 so we start cheering when she flags down that car.

yeah fun for the whole family

Attached: censor.png (1920x2895, 2.99M)

Such a good film. Originally went into it thinking it was a comedy

Attached: Lars.and.the.Real.Girl.2007.webm (1200x648, 2.96M)

>hebe rice
Yeah

You're right, I'm a Rice guy

Attached: 1632496839491.jpg (1823x3000, 2.82M)

Her being in it is what makes itso bad. Is bad enough there's smoking in this evil filth but they smoked around her. Everyone involved with this movie deserves to be killed.

The kid character was pretty good, I expected annoying, I got cute and funny (non-sexual style)

>The kid character was pretty good
No, it wasn't. She was horribly abused, its just a child abuse that promotes child abuse. How the fuck can you like this evil shit?

>still no capeshit
Shame about Jake Gyllenhaal.

literally what are you even talking about you autist

meds. now.

its shit