This website is a fucking shithole

>Mentally ill people talking about sex in EVERY single review, even fucking Pixar or Disney movies. It's creepy
>"lol cringe" "meh/average at best" "mid" "OMG SO GOOD" it's ALL the criticism the average review says. If you have read ONE popular review you have read at least 80% of everything these people say about a movie
>For some reason it's filled with mentally ill white women and retarded men that says the most stupid shit you could find in the internet as criticism: "this movie is too white", "this movie is for incels", "I liked it but i dislike the fandom", "I liked it but I'm so ashamed". It's a hivemind even worse than Reddit.
>All "film discussion" is always the fucking same trash. And I mean ALWAYS. Even the same "smart words" are the same.
>It's an echo-chamber. Twitter level of echo-chamber. What people say this is by no means what most people think of something in real life, or other places of the internet. If you say anything these retards say here, but in other places (besides Twitter) you will get mocked
>Completely filled with crazy american zoomers, and brainwashed foreigners that pretend to be american zoomers and even use same stupid buzzwords despite barely being able to talk english.

Attached: Letterboxd-logo-scaled.jpg (1024x561, 21.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

letterboxd.com/he
boxd.it/1d33D
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

sheeesh gramps is mad af no cap fr fr lmaooo

I understand your sentiments, OP.

Parts of letterboxd, especially a lot of the most upvoted comments, are incredibly embarrassing and often quite disturbing. A sizeable part of its users are deranged morons spouting pseudo intellectual nonsense.

However, I use it for finding films similar to the ones I like and for that, I find there isn't a website that comes anywhere near being as efficient as letterboxd.

There are also quite some good reviews once you scroll past the usual childish echo-chamber drivel.

I tried that website once, looked up El Topo and it had some super reviewer bitch who thought the movie was only trash because Jodorowsky said he raped a woman in that movie even though he said he made it up to garner attention and controversy. Didn’t matter, she gave it a low rating anyway.
Never using that shithole website again.

will you chill the fuck out you autist, you don't have to read the reviews. you're like that guy who had an aneurysm in his car because the new catwoman is 13% african or whatever

Just block everyone who makes dumb reviews.

for me it's rating movies half a star because of ONE thing
>Rocky raped Adrian
>Kubrick was mean to Shelley Duvall during
>this movie from the 1930s has a man slapping a woman in it
>camera lingers a split second too long on a woman's butt

letterboxd.com/he

follow me

I had a list, I wrote down all the films I absolutely loved since I was 15, I lost that paper many years ago when I moved, now I write them down on my notes app, but I forgot many of their names, also I forget to add new movies I like so I tend to forget my list a lot, I simply keep watching movies until I remember my list and update it, I keep my thoughts to myself, nobody will ever know, and it's probably for the best

12k likes

Attached: 1621563308315.png (898x596, 313.8K)

It's full of semiliterate, low IQ zoomies and stunted millennials.

I used to be like you. Stop being an autismo and you’ll be happier

I don't know why people use it. I signed up for it because for some reason, I thought there was an """algorithm""" that would suggest movies based on what you've reviewed and then immediately dropped it when I realized it was basically a social media site. Anyone that uses it is a woman or a fag.

Yeah, the website is useful to track films and find new sutff but the users are the absolute scum of the earth. Literal subhuman creatures.

>will you chill the fuck out you autist, you don't have to read the reviews. you're like that guy who had an aneurysm in his car because the new catwoman is 13% african or whatever

Attached: 1649588961386.png (600x893, 242.34K)

>That one rambling tranny novel about how they used to love Bone Tomahawk but now they hate it because a movie about cowboys fighting cannibals got Drumpf elected
Letterboxd is a fascinating case study on what happens when culturally illiterate retards are made to believe they understand literally anything about film. It's like a human zoo of the dumbest people on Earth posting hot takes about how Blade Runner is offensive to chinamen.

who are you quoting

Still better than this shithole

We did it, Reddit!

Attached: B5020806-F34F-4FBF-AAF1-BF822638FEC6.png (1024x1024, 1.09M)

I don't understand people who never do this. It's a simple solution.

It's hilarious how actual retards were able to become so big on that site, they belong in an insane asylum

It's not. Yea Forums is shit but at least the garbage they write here gets forgotten. There's no likes or popularity. It's just stupid people talking stupid shit. Letterboxd is people talking stupid shit and other stupid people praising it, and copying that stupid shit as their new opinion.

Joker reviews are fucking insane. You could write an essay about the mentally ill people that cry about that movie. Just look at the shit they say. It's fucking crazy people actually think like this and show zero empathy towards others, and still don't see the problem.

Attached: irredeemable.png (780x236, 49.33K)

It's better because you can completely tailor your experience
>follow your friends and people who make good reviews
>block all the high profile reviewers like bratt pitt
All you need really

So, is there any site on the internet where you can find good film discussion? I know that sounds pretentious but I suppose the best place is just books, right?

the fmovies comment section is trash too

go back to plebbit niggerlover

I joined the site after originally intending to join imdb.
The lists are actually often useful for finding rare/obscure stuff.
The servers/page loadings can be really slow sometimes though.
Its strict about tv shows being added to the database.
I tend to mainly interact with a couple/few people who watch me. There's a guy I ended up getting really in with who I email everyday, didn't expect that.

Yeah. Every review is basically "YAAAAAS QUEEN" it seems like the majority of users are women and gays

>don't think just consume whatever is fed to you

The Batman reviews are crazy. Not in the good way. All of them are people thirsting about the actor. Never about the movie. Then you got the "film essayist" writing 10k words to never truly say what the fuck they think about the movie. It's always so vague, that almost feels like written by Rotten Tomatoes bloggers.

Then you got the fuckers that start the review talking about their day. NO ONE GIVES A FUCK, MOTHERFUCKER. TALK ABOUT THE GODDAMN MOVIE.

why are you reading the reviews then?

Rateyourmusic, /film/,

And they all think Whiplash is in the top 10 movies of all time kek

Check the reviews for Taxi Driver if you think that's bad

I don't blame this fag. White males make it hard to empathize with them.

But enough about Yea Forums

>Rateyourmusic
filled with trannies and shills, picrel
>/film/
suddenly died once Russia invaded, apparently most of the posters were from Ukraine, either that or the retards got tired of films and went to fight there

Attached: a24.png (971x271, 28.7K)

take a deep breath and properly write your reply before posting it, retard

>Brainwashed foreigners that pretend to be american zoomers and even use same stupid buzzwords despite barely being able to talk english
>able to talk english
you?

good job user

Attached: retard.png (1386x682, 84.51K)

What did they kick you out for?

The internet is not your personal army

npc detected

fuck you

Complaining about Letterboxd being filled with lunatic lefties and 'tards trying to make the wittiest quip is like complaining that Yea Forums is 90% bait shitposts and capeshit discussion. That's just what you're forced to endure to get the bit of usefulness out of the site and if you're not retarded you can set yourself up to not run into the mental illness.

The site's basically the film review version of tumblr in a nutshell.

I only use Letterboxd to keep track of what I have and haven't seen. It's useful in that regard but I have zero intention of writing reviews or seeing what the medicated art hoes have to say about a particular film.

RYM in general has a far better review section since it's not plagued with one liners, but I find its film database to be lacking compared to letterboxd

Letterboxd made me discover a lot of cool movies and animations I would never have watched otherwise. You can block all the fags, don't be a whiny bitch.

This. It's full of fucking faggots and morons.

Cant you just remember if you've seen a movie or not?

good luck remembering everything when you've seen over a thousand films

They're not medicated

boxd.it/1d33D
rate my over 2,600 entries long watchlist Yea Forums

Sure, but writing something down that you have access to creates a mental link to the memory of the film and allows you to create a stronger impression of the film. There are plenty of ways to do that which aren't connected to a shitty social network, but the fact that Letterboxd is actually useful for sorting your viewing history and discovering new films just makes it useful to use it as a log.

brbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrbrb

>use ublock filter on comments
fixed

what are best ways to find recommendations for other good films through that site?

Attached: 1649871867546.webm (1920x960, 3M)

I like lists. There is now way to know if a list is good or not apart from judging it yourself but you can find a lot of good stuff in them. Maybe search by country or genres to get started

Letterboxd is great. I've never read a review.

When did Yea Forums start hating transfolk? Is this a /pol/ psyop?

You forgot the mods, who ban anyone who is right of Mao Zedong.