When did it jump the shark?

When did it jump the shark?

Attached: MV5BZGJjYzhjYTYtMDBjYy00OWU1LTg5OTYtNmYwOTZmZjE3ZDdhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTAyODkwOQ@@._V1_.jpg (1525x2170, 612.43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kSL-zRHfyss
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it didn’t. each season is better than the last.

When Ralphie died

The Tony vs Chrissie arc seemed VERY forced

LOL
>Ralph beats a 20 year old pregnant girl to death
>gets a slap on the wrist
>might possibly have killed a horse to get insurance money to pay for his son's medical bills
>Tony kills him on the spot

it worked towards the beginning but just took a 180 too quickly

When he was able to take on two black guys sneaking up on him

Season 5

first season when tony takes on two black guys shoving guns into his face and wins

Attached: m'lady.png (689x516, 692.54K)

i get it. animals being killed makes me way more sad than when people die.

It didnt, it ended like most shows dont

It varies with each viewer.
The shark-jump is that exact point when you realise you're not watching an epic, sweeping modern update of The Godfather, just a soap opera about greaseballs.
This show's lack of ambition, plotting and continuity never ceases to disappoint.

Symbolism isn't your strong suit eh?

Season 1, Episode 1

For me it was when he imagined an entire woman who didn’t exist. Entire conversations and a day lol

How so?

A little bit of the original soul died with Livia. But I wouldn't say it jumped the shark. It just further goes to show the passage of time, how watching season 6 feels like a completely different world from season 1.

Weren't they morons hired by a drug addict or something?

It felt pretty realistic to me for the most part. Just daily problems in the life of a Mafia boss for like a decade or so. Nothing more, nothing less. It's much more subtle than Breaking Bad, for example (I know the comparison is made a lot). Tony's arc is pretty similar to Walter's, it's just that he's already a bad guy who gradually gets more comfortable being one.

When Jr. stopped being a main character, the show suffered. When Tony sperged out and killed Ralph, or got a lot less fun. But it was still kino until the end.

You can't buy an ice-cold sociopath getting the better of two jumpy idiots that hold their guns sideways?

Gangbangers like that are more likely to hit some random black kid than their target in a shootout.

kek. Tony as the ultimate redditor.

The last season. Intentionally making Tony turn into as much of an asshole as he could be, doing things that were out of character for him, just cause Chase thought he was too sympathetic. But it was still one of the greatest shows and the whole series is enjoyable. I wish Furio would’ve stuck around till the end.

What if Furio was actually the guy in the Members Only jacket, but in disguise???

Season 6A was just silly and below the writing standard - Gay Johnny Cakes, crazy Junior just shooting Tony because he has dementia.
But Season 6B pretty much redeems it in every single way, so most people don't remember the silly shit.

I just watch Isabella last night, I enjoyed the episode. I wonder if Lithium actually causes those kind of hallucinations?

>crazy Junior just shooting Tony because he has dementia
right, there definitely hadn't been any animosity between them in the prior seasons...

Fuck me, he did it all for Carmela

dude it was set up over like 3 seasons what are you talking about

Right here

Attached: 126E1F63-466C-47C1-A703-5D74D5170C65.jpg (1280x768, 80.47K)

She cute.

Filtered by the most simple entendre in the whole series. Capeshit may be more up your lane.

most people are this way. doggerino meme aside

HBO dramas like Sopranos are just capeshit for midwits.

Attached: 1649307881530.jpg (750x669, 79.82K)

explain it to me

How is this jumping the shark?
Most people will care way more about their pet doggerinos/ caterinos than some random whore, even if they will not admit it.

>Some whore
>Tony's prized horse
Spot the difference

Fuck off with your puzzle solving bullshit. The scene made no sense, simple as

Attached: Tone.png (1339x714, 826.41K)

When that hack Chase put Don't Stop Believing on the jukebox. We get it, the show is in Jersey. Immediately turned my tv off and never watched another episode

When the screen went black for the last time. It’s one of the better prices of media/fiction out there. Not much else is close to how much it covers.

A. She as a hooer.
B. She hit me.
C. It wasn't even my kid she was carrying.

D. All of the above.

filering people for over 15 years. youtube.com/watch?v=kSL-zRHfyss

Attached: 32gdfsgfds.jpg (880x460, 78.62K)

>it was all a le dream!
So dumb.

Attached: Sopranos Isabella.png (1280x720, 1.06M)

The original run never did which is why they many Many Saints

sometimes it was food poisoning fever dream. sometimes it was a coma dream. sometimes it was a lithium hallucination. totally different

Attached: 1634398498472.jpg (480x360, 25.82K)

>crazy Junior just shooting Tony because he has dementia.
actually realistic depiction of dementia

for me its the furio and carmela romance what was the point?

>she's just a stupid hoor
>shes just a stupid horse
Open your eyes user. He looks at a picture of Tracy before he goes to Ralphie's

Attached: 1627320946011.jpg (1360x768, 156.58K)

>Junior just shooting Tony because he has dementia
The problem for me wasn't that Junior shot him, it was that for some reason nobody thinks to tell Tony that Junior might have shot him because of the dementia instead of some secret grudge he was still holding. You'd Melfie would bring the possibility up at least.

I used to work with patients with dementia, they will absolutely act aggressive towards people they know and sometimes attack them.

So I just finished this show what should I watch next?

Attached: hotelbuton.jpg (1472x817, 101.76K)

Tony getting shot in 6A at least gave us Kevin Finnerty AU kino
I really wish we had an entire handfull of episodes of that instead, the life that could have been but he is just as miserable
But you know the boomers watching for the quips, riffs, and occasional scene of Tony BTFOing people would have rioted and stopped watching.

Attached: Join_the_Club.jpg (360x360, 19.13K)

I'm sorry for your mental disability

I think Tony knows that more or less but doesn't really care at that point. There had been resentment and mistrust in their relationship from the very beginning. I think Junior trying to kill him twice really bothered Tony on a deeper level.

Never.
Not true. Season 4 is the worst season. The show peaks in Season 5.

All true, but that's not my point. The whole shooting from dementia is boring from a writing perspective.
Junior was scared, he did not shoot Tony out of spite. I think that it would be fine if it was the dementia + anger and jealousy combo.
But it was just fear from craziness. Junior mistake Tony for a hired thug coming to kill him. He was just a scared animal and this is not complicated or great character study.
However I will admit that his final scene with Tony was good.

Attached: x1080.jpg (1905x1080, 140.5K)

In a podcast with David chase he stated that Tony killed Ralphie because of the girl Ralphie killed. I guess you can say the horse was just an excuse.

He literally saved Ralph life from John for a quick buck. I think Tony thinks he cares about the stripper's death on the surface, but on a deeper level he cares way more about his horse.

when they had a talking fish reveal to Tony that big puss was a snitch, i genuinely did a 360 and walked out of my couch at that