Merchant>Pilkington>Gervais

Merchant>Pilkington>Gervais

Attached: karlstephenricky.jpg (704x573, 51.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt14183410/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

how much did sleepycast and cum town rip from them

merchant is the worst of them. weird looking geek trying to be a bully.

Is that Rich Evans in the middle?

it was a PORK CHOP
that she SAT ON
FIVE YEARS EARLIER

Yea Forums - Friend Simulators

I would say pilkington>merchant>gervais I don't think merchant is especially funny but gervais is not funny at all

>Jamaican fella on the titanic might have yelled this

YOU"RE THE WORST OF THEM ALL

understanders know that it's pilkington = merchant = gervais

they all have to be there for it to work

Karl is my favorite, but Steve does hold it all together. If it was just Karl voicing his weird thoughts and Ricky just laughing like a hyena/saying "You're talking shit" and mocking Karl the formula would get annoying quick.

>Gervais
Pretension in the flesh
>Merchant
Awkward and passive-aggressively pompous
>Pilkington
Miserable, but genuinely interesting and funny.

Pilkington>>>Merchant=Gervais

>Merchant>Pilkington>Gervais
Enormous grogan>diarrhea>shart
Go ahead, prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.

who is the karl of sleepycast?

>dilate>cope>seethe>have sex>touch grass

deboonked

Agreed on this.

However, Ricky is undoubtedly the alpha of the group (ok I got douche chills writing that but you know what I mean) Despite the series being this sort of gradual thing of them coming together as friends, you still get these uneasy moments where Karl holds back on going after Ricky, because he knows that Gervais basically could have him fired if he wanted to.

The stuff with Jonathan Ross is also excruciatingly cringe

this, bald fella is the only genuine person.

I only know two of these people because of Portal 2

I wish I could experience Karl Pilkington's diary for the first time again

Attached: 1523203933665.jpg (1080x985, 169.58K)

The only funny thing about Gervais is that he's basically a toned down version of this guy

Attached: David_Brent_111.jpg (370x268, 17.03K)

>The stuff with Jonathan Ross is also excruciatingly cringe
what about the episode where Rick tells Steve that he had dinner with David Bowie and didn't invite Steve

Corey

Anons have made you look like a bit of a twat, Already

Day 3 - I ate at a restaurant's called Tattoos. The owner of the restaurant didn't have any tattoos. But we never saw his wife.

Gervais at Golden Globes and at the Oscars was kino.

normally id say im a karl fan but this picture of them is so fucking disgusting that im probably just gonna dip from following any one of them. it's too spot on the actual tone

this

Is Merchant too tall?

Attached: merchantheight.png (380x94, 5.31K)

They're all such necessary components, though. It's like saying the sauce is the best part of pizza - but you wouldnt eat pizza without cheese would you? Merchant is the best at instigating funny moments from both of them, pilkington is the centerpiece of the whole bit and gervais' laughter and antagonism keeps the pace of the show. It would basically just be Gervais bullying karl without merchant, though. Karl seems like he would be the most consistently fun to hang out with.

Gervais hasn't done the Oscars?

This.
I hear a lot of people say that Smerch is the weak link but ultimately about 3/4 of Karl's bullshit stories wouldn't have been told without Steve telling Ricky to shut the fuck up and let Karl finish.

This he called out the pedo kike actors of hollywood

Sorry, I meant Emmy's and Golden Globes. Yeah, the kikes will never let him on the academy award stage ever.

Merchant too often plays yes man to Gervais.

>Merchant>anyone
>anyone>Pilkington
what a fucking pleb take
I don't think I've ever laughed because of that lanky twat

This
Karl = id
Ricky = ego
Steve = superego

>Comedy and likeablity
Pilkington > Merchant > Gervais
>Versatility
Merchant > Pilkington > Gervais
>Fame
Gervais > Merchant > Pilkington

Although Merchant tends to play the same kinds of roles too he still has the most varied acting career. Karl is versatile because he can come up with genuinely funny/interesting responses to any situation. Gervais is the slowest-witted and pretty much plays himself, which might work in some scenarios but gets tiresome.

Gervais is the most "alpha" and showbiz-savvy of the group though so he's succeeded the most in terms of fame and fortune.

>Merchant plays yes man to Gervais.
Fixed

>Smerch

Attached: 06.png (459x612, 533.11K)

>>Fame
>Gervais > Merchant > Pilkington
objectively incorrect
unless you are referring to specificaly fame within the fat nerd community pilkington should be at the forefront

More people know Gervais than Karl

>Kicks a huge fuss over 50p

Attached: hands2.png (501x585, 6.31K)

I'd have more sympathy for him if he didn't tell the anecdote about using another guy's debit card to steal money from an atm as a 'reward' for finding that card.

You can isolate things about all of them to nitpick, but objectively all of the together is simply objective perfection

This is it.

Pilkington is only really known for Idiot Abroad and the podcast, so if you don't watch either you probably won't be aware of him. Merchant always plays second fiddle when Gervais is around, and if Gervais isn't around he's still not got the charisma of Gervais and tends to play smaller roles. Also when it comes to Brits, Gervais fame spans wider generationally due to the popularity of the original office tv series.

>Let's grow ourselves a big lanky goggle-eyed freak of a son.

Alright, steady on.

Was weird that they got Steve to voice Karl's likeness

Attached: nigger nigger nigger.png (514x492, 245.18K)

>not got the charisma of Gervais
is this a burger thing lol?
gervais laughs loudly yes but anybody who has ANY experience interacting with people will say pilkington takes the charisma trophy
he is the peoples' man

did they ever reveal what happened that caused the breakup?

>people grow apart, yadda yadda

yeah but their split seemed totally different. they were mates for decades(?) and then suddenly they don't know each other

Merchant got rich making Gervais play himself, without Gervais realizing it.

Now, they all suck.

Karl is going to be in two eps of this:
imdb.com/title/tt14183410/

ricky is a cunt
merchant is an awkward cunt (for non-bongs, NOT a cunt at all in the typical sense. See: Awkward bastard)
pilkington is the working man's hero, not an actor, not part of (or pandering to) the elite, and generally wears his heart on his sleeve so to speak
It was definitely a conflict of character

>He's playing a guy called DC Phil Bayley
THE CHIIIIIIIIIIIINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE

>tfw i refer to my current IRL waifu as Ms Bailey
is this a sign

For me, it's Monkey News and Do We Need 'Em.

OGGY OGGY OGGY

OI OI OI

why is karl shorter than gervais? He's 6'1"

manlet cope
evidently a ricky simp drew that

I feel like a lot of people (possibly the artist who drew this) genuinely think Karl's shorter than Ricky because all of the promo materials for the stuff they did have him 'below' him to signify him getting picked on.