ITT: We post and talk about things zoomers will never understand

ITT: We post and talk about things zoomers will never understand

Attached: blockbusters.jpg (478x345, 62.01K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjQRTFX1Lp4
youtu.be/lhYjmG9EMqo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Squid game

waiting while the tape rewinds
not a zoomer but apparently according to some people on Yea Forums, you were supposed to buy a separate special specific tape rewinding device to rewind tapes? I always rewinded them in the vcr...
must have been a richfag thing

You miss being a child and having a loving family. You don't miss a corporate video store.

They'll never know how comfy flying was pre 9/11

Attached: 9 11.jpg (3072x2303, 1.58M)

>Mom, what was it like to have to drive to a store at night, hoping the movie or game you wanted to physically rent wasn't in stock because it was all rented out and in the case you did get it, you had to return in 1-5 days depending on what you paid. Also, did you really pay for the overpriced snacks at the counter?
>It just seems so weird, I INSTANTLY ordered this movie online in 4k and even used an addon to download it forever, tomorrow I'll INSTANTLY watch that new tv series on netflix
>good thing I ordered an extra cheap bulk supply of snacks from amazon that were shipped to my door ahead of time

Uhm.. they aren't missing anything you cockroach nigger. I'm 35, why do you feel special about going to blockbuster?

Attached: 1637078003189.webm (576x1024, 787.49K)

The cope in the post is real

what nostalgiafags never understand is that blockbuster was more expensive than all of its competitors, had more bullshit fees and you had to compete with more people for the new movies (which blockbuster would get exclusivity deals on so certain movies wouldn't be at other stores). on top of that blockbuster ran local video stores out of business. blockbuster was cancer.

Just stop being poor

Man, I'll never forget being 8 years old, on my first flight, and asking the stewardess if I could go and see the cockpit and being told that as long as my parents were fine with it it was okay.

Those were good times.

Comfy as fuck

>there will never be a more kino live TV happening than 9/11

For my fellow Bong bros

Attached: Toonami.jpg (480x360, 17.07K)

Zoomers dont understand hanging out without phones

Attached: 90s kids.png (1068x718, 1.65M)

Zoomer here. I grew up in idaho in the early 2000s so I basically lived in 1995 everywhere else. I rented movies from a place called Hollywood Video and it was pretty good. Mostly rented games though.
At this point I just go to a thrift store to get my cheap DVD and VHS fix. I can treat it like renting by redonating or I can just keep it. Helps charity and I get some good flicks out of it.

Modern conveniences are great. Being able to see any movie I want really beats out going to a store to see what the physically have.

You could but it would damage your VCR long term by wearing out the motors. If you bought a cheap VHS rewinder you could, basically, double the lifespan of your VCR.

Attached: file.png (1000x969, 1.39M)

based

This thread is not for you fuck off and stop trying to fit in with a world you will never know

women

You aight zoomie boy

I just nostaligaed you all

Attached: turtle-sandbox.jpg (2816x2112, 1006.75K)

Takes me back to those games too

I literally remember all of this.

For a time, my local blockbuster used to store video games so I went and got some Wii games :)

fair enough.

i don't remember that ever being a thing. most VCR players, i assume, came with a rewind feature.
well, TRANNY, i know someone of your infantile simplicity wouldn't understand, but as an esteemed movie gallery patron it's my responsibility to set you straight, slovenly and undignified as you may be.
>movies meant MORE back then!
these days everything is at your finger tips digitally but back then you had television and that was it. tracking down movies to purchase, at least for layfolk, was a difficult task and so movie rental centers provided a much-needed remedy to painstakingly tracking down a film from some kind of catalog.
>movie rental centers got you out of the house!
when you went to a blockbuster video or a movie gallery, there was a sense of community with your fellow filmgoers that you don't have today. instead of instantaneously loading up some monthly subscription streaming app, you would have to ask mom to take you there on a friday night and she would have to schedule it in. (of course, my mother always took the whole family on friday nights, so there was never any begging on hands and knees for me. a true kinosseur, that one.) alas, only then would you be able to cross the threshold of the establishment and delight in the smell of cheap popcorn and plastic. it was a real experience!
>your money went to your fellow man!
these days everyone wants to shop at a wal-mart for food instead of a locally owned grocery store for "good deals" instead of putting money in the hands of those who need it. do you ever wonder how we got into this financial mess in the first place? all of our money now goes straight to MEGA CONGLOMERATES that have done their best to make sure that none of that money ever makes it back into the hands of the consumers! the same is true for movies. the fact that brand new movies aren't $5 is a testament to the corporate greed that has corrupted country and snuffed out its soul!
now you know why you're a faggot.

I just want to live in a world without smart phones and the internet, unironically it was better

>ITT: We post and talk about things poorfags from 3rd world shitholes will never understand
FTFY

I remember getting my first pager

you can still do that now retard

>90s "kids"
>they all look like they're in their late twenties

But I got to show the pilot my nail clippers

Yep, I was glad to see Blockbuster go the way that it had caused all the mom and pop video stores to go. Fuck them.

>they let people into the cockpit
Maybe if you stormed it Mohammad

>le internet bad
Internet is the main reason why you survived the pandemic, you ungrateful niggerfaggot. Maybe you should try to use Internet for educational purposes, not for stalking instawhores.

>Pathetic zoomie cant imagine going 5 minutes without the internet
Not even slightly suprised

youtube.com/watch?v=bjQRTFX1Lp4

it was really nice not having people engrossed in their fucking phone while you're having a bite to eat, or doing literally anything

Yeah i went out for food with some work friends recently and everyone just spent the entire time looking at social media, its fucking sad

Functionality of rewinding was not an initial feature in all VHS

Brehs...

Attached: 1tafws60fnuz.jpg (1280x720, 277.97K)

>vine
god, i fucking hated this year. worst year of all time.

>ITT: We post and talk about things zoomers will never understand
hetero sex

they still let kids in the cockpit dumbass

>Zoomies unironically consider 2013 old

not really Yea Forums related, but fuck it

Attached: Retrovolt_Arcade_2017_-_Arcade_Machines_1.jpg (1200x900, 270.6K)

Arcades were kino as fuck

I still play N64 as it's the only console other than my PS2/4 that are hooked up to my TV. Don't have to deal with all the loading

I still enjoy going to Round 1 cause they have the latest fighting and rhythm games coming out of Japan. Even if I go by myself on my days off high as a kite

soicore

This. I could arrive 15-20 minutes before my flight, check in with my cc at a kiosk, cruise through security and board 5 minutes before take off. It was glorious.

Flew to cancun with my girlfriend when we were 16 with only a driver's license. Fucked like rabbits.

Times they are changing.

>zoomers are nostalgic for 2013

What the hell are you talking about? I was born in 1998 and there was a Blockbuster in my city until like 2010. Please don't gatekeep fucking video rental stores.

cope

>things millennials will never understand
Where are my Gen X friends at?

Attached: MV5BNjZjYjY2MmUtMDBiMC00NzgyLTlkNDYtMWE5NGQ1ODZmNmZhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODA4OTIyMzY@._V1_.jpg (370x555, 55.37K)

first fap was to Adults ONly

Attached: 800px-ONTV_box_-_front_(with_power_cord).jpg (800x561, 220.19K)

We must return

the holocaust

This one's funny. Even though B&B is Gen X, it's technically boomer comedy because it was made by a baby boomer to make fun of us. We still got to watch it though. Millennials and zoomers missed out.

Attached: Beavis_and_Butt-head_titlecard.png (365x273, 109.31K)

Kek the Manti Te'o fake girlfriend shit was really funny

Attached: 1stchoicetitties.gif (500x325, 988.46K)

Attached: CI_3DS_PreinstalledSoftware_MiiMaker_gender_EN.jpg (320x240, 12.38K)

Wii is zoomercore, nice try though zoomer

youtu.be/lhYjmG9EMqo

Attached: 21AD6219-46DA-47D4-BDB4-1DD096A3A7B1.jpg (750x562, 341.46K)

I'm a millenial

No you arn't

arcades of the old days were kino because they were usually hole in the wall type places or bowling alleys or general family fun centers. usually dimly lit with thick bright carpeting and smelled like metal and wood and dust. tickets would be warm coming out of the machine. arcades nowadays can't replicate that feeling.