ABSOLUTE MASTERPIECE
>inb4 shill
i dont care what you call me
you have to see this movie preferably in a IMAX theater
sneak in,wear blackface as a disguise,hell spend money on it
historical kino of the highest order
you will not regret seeing it
if youre going to pirate it have really good speakers and max them out

Attached: Alexander-Skarsgard-and-Anya-Taylor-Joy-The-Northman-social.jpg (1400x700, 105.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674
archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/It will be interesting to see what Eggers viral marketing team try next with their guaranteed meme trash flop./
twitter.com/AnonBabble

glad you liked it user

well obviously

My brother booked tickets for us but I don't know if it's going to be IMAX because we're hillbillies and our local theater sucks ass

I watched it yesterday

DIVIDE AND CONQUER THREAD
>THE FAR-RIGHT WANTS TO KILL DIVERSITY IN FILMS
DIVIDE AND CONQUER THREAD
>THE FAR-RIGHT WANTS TO KILL DIVERSITY IN FILMS

I will see it but it's not out where I live yet.

I'd like to watch it, but sadly the only theater left in my area gives me a good 70-80% chance of being enriched by Basketball Americans

They'll probably all be at Morbius

bring drums and chant old norse
for maximum immersion then
my theater is also shit but i was completely immersed and the audience was quiet
theres a much better theater in town but they havent got the film
late night screening i guess or watch it in 3 weeks
i dont live in america
are blacks really that bad in theaters?

FYI this company shills their shit hard on Yea Forums for some reason. This thing is all over the boards. and it happens every damn time they release a movie. Anyone remember the spergs spamming Green Knight threads

green knight sucked dick and that was a24
you retard

yeah. if there's even a single one in the theater you basically cant watch the movie because they're so damn loud.

who Robert Eggers and what production company does he co own

what are you talking about?
he doesnt own universal or a24??

He's a director, he doesn't own any production company.

I'm not white. Can I enjoy this movie?

Attached: _.jpg (976x850, 87.15K)

what are you?

another shilling

Sure

he's stated in interviews he owns a piece of A24. Directors don't always get to work with their own production companies. Especially not someone with a streaky record like him.

Attached: 1637628452458.jpg (1030x772, 58.49K)

Sauce?

Depends what you mean by "enjoy"
>Will the Northman have non-Whites?
No
>Can I enjoy a historical European Eggers kino?
Yes

I thought the scenes where they go berserk in russia and take the city were pretty kino.
the revenge thing was kinda subverted and in the end you had to feel like it was kinda pointless.

ATJ is a multiracial person from south america. better luck next time chud.

>Will the Northman have non-Whites?
>No
What makes you so sure?

Attached: BlackPhillip.jpg (427x640, 44.01K)

An European user who saw the movie said it was a bit boring, is this true?

how so? a darker ending? but im honestly bored of those revenge bad movies but maybe the final cut was different

well you go there expecting some viking action movie, and you end up with basically hamlet. it's very atmospheric, but not a whole lot happens in the middle part.

it's not the theater itself
it's the mall the theater is in where crime has skyrocketed and stabings/shootings/robbery/assault happen just about every week

is it better than the last duel?

didn't watch the last duel. I enjoyed the northman actually, I would just have prefered a movie with vikings brutalizing stuff, feasting and having a good time without all the moralizing.
also as an adaption of amleth, it has a lot more in common with hamlet.

nah
a lot happens but yeah not a lot of action in the middle except for one scene
what the hell
that movie was garbage had great ideas but something was lacking and the feminist message was a bit too much

Attached: wat.jpg (920x584, 41.12K)

there wasnt really any moralizing though
they just showed us how it is
but i agree this is more of a epic historical tale then a traditional historical epic if that makes sense

there was a lot of focus of mistreatment of slaves, killing of children, women being the property of men and the cycle of violence. everything pleasant is subverted in this manner.
and the only reason you're to sympathize with amleth is so he can end it all and his daughter can become a king. like some allegory of men passing on the mantle to women.

none of that was really focused on though it was just shown yeah pillage and rape is horrible but it really didnt hit you over the head with it
i do believe eggers has liberal views but his movies really dont shove anything down your throat
i dont know what you mean by everything pleasant is subverted
their romance is wholesome
if youre making a historical viking film you have to show these things
i dont know if the daughter queen is from the sagas if not thats sus

amleths mum literally calls his dad a "slaver" and goes on a whole rant about how he wasn't a progressive as his brother.

shes a psycho crazy bitch that wanted her child killed
i guess we agree to disagree
ill rewatch it maybe i was just too immersed

>my commie arthouse theater wont show it because it's now a big budget blockbuster but it still shows the gay wizards flick
god I hate this fucking world cant even let me watch some fucking kino

Attached: 1649892610858.jpg (897x631, 175.39K)

go to another theater
or watch the gay wizards flick and jerk off and when they attack you say theyre bigoted

wtf I like this (((subversive movie))) now, and want to give (((them))) money. Totally wouldn't rather watch wholesome anime.

do what you want fag
anime is for retarded children though

This film went from being the best film I have seen in a while to nearly putting me asleep because the entire middle act is so tedious.

Can't go. Not vaxxed.

Do you really need the vaxx to watch a film?

should've gotten the vax, chud

not vaxxed and i seen it
you didnt like the football match and all the weird ritual spooky killing?

Here? Yes.
Pureblood status requires sacrifices. Thank fuck I'm not one of the retards who got the clot shot because "BRO IT'S ALL DA SPOODERMANS TOGETHER" or some shit, and I know people like that.

The game was fun, but the killings and Amled's being a berzerker who sets up these elaborate death scenes just didn't make sense. The visions got overused too much and ruined the mysticism of the film, and the dialogue got way too phony and theatrical.

Attached: howie.gif (480x240, 1.83M)

Did you like the dialogue? It made the movie feel like a stageplay and made me disengaged with the characters. I clocked out when Amled chats to his sword about his destiny in the middle of night with nothing but a layer of hay between him and the sleeping women below

Is it true Anya shows bush?

Yes, but you can see the glue and the outlines of the decoy as she does so. It's far away, and it looks like a fake rubber thing she wears as underwear.

Daily reminder the Northman's viral marketers on Yea Forums are in a PANIC. The film scored under 65 in test screenings which means the word of mouth won't be enough to carry the box office.

So they're flooding Yea Forums and /pol/ with posts that The Northman is 'an EPIC alt right pro-white film!'

Problem is Robert Eggers is an extreme anti-trump WOKE leftist.

>"I wasn't interested in vikings because of the macho stereotypes and neonazis"

>RE: And then with this movie, I wasn’t like, “Now I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But as I’ve said may times, nothing good happens when two men are trapped in a giant phallus. So obviously that’s what’s going to happen in [the lighthouse].

>AVC: It does seem very inevitable between them. So, you didn’t sit down and go, “I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But at what point did you start to recognize that that’s what the story is about in some ways?

>RE: When my brother and I got all the way through [the script] the first time, we were like, “Yeah, that’s what’s going on.”

film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674

The marketers are SO desperate they are now recruiting Alfonso Cuaron to put out articles for the movie.

>directors close buddy sees movie
>"Hey alfonso, we're struggling with the test scores on our movie. we're under 65 which means bad word of mouth. I dont know what to do."
>next day
>DIRECTOR'S FRIEND: "MY BUDDIES MOVIE IS FUCKING AMAZING!"

It will be interesting to see what Eggers viral marketing team try next with their guaranteed meme trash flop.

+
visuals/vfx
ATY
scenography/costumes
those 2 (and only) fight scenes

-
pointless
nicole ghoul kidman
scenario
wes anderson frontal camera (?)
too long
cliched
pretentious

its a hot mess, plebs would hail at as second coming of christ if they actually believed in smth

How does it end? Was the mom a traitor or something

>anti Trump
Based

Attached: IMG_20220405_200704_802.jpg (844x1280, 225.71K)

>166552201

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/text/It will be interesting to see what Eggers viral marketing team try next with their guaranteed meme trash flop./

Attached: 1649970571645.png (600x800, 17.49K)

Just came back form watching it, started out pretty great and then spent what felt like 2 hours being a somewhat tedious snooze fest. It was alright but I expected better.DY00S

>vendel period ring-pommel sword in the 10th century

DROPPED

Same i was disappointed

based weapon autist