/phs/ Paramount Halo Show

"What the fuck am I watching?" Edition

Attached: vlcsnap-2022-04-15-02h51m35s718.png (720x360, 246.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4_ynBmHIo2M
youtube.com/watch?v=3S5I0_hjS3c
youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs
youtube.com/watch?v=MapTlW80f6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WiwZY9B6EjM
youtu.be/tuRvqbNWwz4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>female spartan puts reddish pink dye streaks in her hair

That did it for me. I made it into 4 episodes. What a fucking joke.

It was gun grease, which made it completely hilarious for me.
Though I wonder, why was she spying on her naked boss in the bathroom?

>Though I wonder, why was she spying on her naked boss in the bathroom?
It was a good opportunity to finally see Halo naked

Yeah I thought it was fun grease but Im working right now so I wasn’t paying attention much. I’m watching the episode right now. Is Miranda Keyes a doctor in the game? They have zero respect for the source material.

Unlike the show's depiction of Miranda as this timid girl who even the spartans make a fool of, Miranda Keyes wasn't a scientist, but a commander and a no-nonsense ship captain with a propensity for daring feats. She was an infinitely better character.

Yeah I knew she was a commander. Especially after her dad died in ce. They turned her black and made her a scientist. Why not just create a new character? It’s literally only her in name. It’s baffling they turned captain Keyes black when sergeant Johnson exists and is a really popular character.

Why didn't they just adapt Contact Harvest?

Why would they unmask Chief?

How is anyone still watching this shit after the first episode? Hell, I didn't even watch the first episode, I just watched the various webm's from it in disbelief at something so bad.

>it's another "show banking off of popular brand that has little to do with source material aside from some visuals that at best people go "it's alright I guess"

Attached: senile old man.gif (175x144, 885.8K)

Over these first four episodes, Chief has spent more time helmetless than helmeted.

The previous two episodes were way too funny. This one was boring. I want to see how bad it's gonna get, I suppose.

It’s a car wreck at this point. I can’t look away.

I'll watch almost anything with space ships, aliens and power armor.
I'm even starting to prefer it to the Expanse because that show had garbage actors, a slow pace and a plot that went nowhere (and it never would've gone anywhere as I found out after reading the books).

a whole episode where they just talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and then talk some more.
they didnt even show the fucking aliens
boring af, im done

So the audience can empathize with the main character and they can get their moneys worth out of the actor they cast. It would’ve been foolish to never have John outside of his armor. People would’ve thought he was a robot!

also no covenant chick and tentacle rape disappointed

>fun grease

Attached: 1649959988333.png (800x800, 72.43K)

I've only read the first 3 expanse books, back when it was good, but I found the 5th season unsatisfying (Inaros springing up with a full fleet out of thin air, what they did with Ashford, Drummer's Degenerates taking a focal point and Alex getting cancelled), but I couldn't push myself past the first episode of season 6. (Dawes getting killed off-screen was the nail in the coffin for me, and so was the tranny).
Tell me this, user, what the hell happens in books 6 to 9? Something about an "empire" that comes in to conquer everybody? Where from?
>wrong thread
This post is on topic, because this show, while definitely not trying to be Halo, is trying to be an Expanse ripoff. Belter "insurrectionists" and squeaky clean UN(SC) who do nothing but attend meetings all day and talk about important politics. Except it worked in the expanse, at least initially.

The RvB cameo will save this series

Attached: l1cxvcl93ep81.jpg (1284x1860, 217.37K)

how do these boomers still have an audience?

It's up and ready
youtube.com/watch?v=4_ynBmHIo2M

Makee a cute (I want her to verbally humiliate me in whatever the fuck they call that language)
Kai and Miranda lez when?

no one is. these are viral marketing threads

I hope this show gets cancelled like that Cowboy Bebop Netflix adaptation or whatever that was.

they're holding on for dear life

Attached: oof.jpg (434x96, 8.46K)

>what the hell happens in books 6 to 9? Something about an "empire" that comes in to conquer everybody? Where from?
The Laconian Empire, formed by ex-Martians. They settled a star system where one of the planets had an abandoned orbital shipyard that used to build alien starships. They "finished" one that was already half-built and built some more alien-based ships from scratch using the shipyard. The ships had some crazy magnetic-whatever weapons and antimatter drives in them, meaning they would, and indeed did, obliterate any ships the rest of mankind had.
The supreme leader of Laconia was Winston Duarte, a Martian navy admiral who injected himself with protomolecule and became a half-alien hybrid.
After about 30 years of building up their empire, they emerged through their gate and took over everything. Everything went alright until the interdimensional ghosts started getting angry about all the gate activity and such. This led to Duarte going braindead for a while.
After a while, Duarte woke up and made his way to the alien space station, connected into it and turned mankind into a hivemind with the goal of uniting mankind to fight the interdimensional ghosts. Except he failed thanks to our brilliant libtard heroes. Holden sacrificed himself to kill Duarte and shut down the gates to stop the ghosts from harming mankind.
Amos, having been shot in the head and turned into a protomolecule zombie earlier, is the only one of the crew alive at the end of the last book, hundreds of years in the future on Earth.

It wasn't that bad, but it really didn't go anywhere meaningful.

Remember what they took from us :
youtube.com/watch?v=3S5I0_hjS3c
youtube.com/watch?v=SyOAdrxlPVs
youtube.com/watch?v=MapTlW80f6Y
youtube.com/watch?v=WiwZY9B6EjM

Attached: 1635363732895.jpg (1024x679, 145.74K)

why make a general for something literally no one likes?

Cheers user, I appreciate you taking the time to post this.

>Book!Halsey explains that lying to the Spartans about why they were selected or fucking with their brains is a risky and stupid idea
>Episode one all but outright states that John (and probably the other Spartans) has had his memories tampered with

>hideous hair girl sees her innie friends get slaughtered by the aliens they previously thought were UNSC propaganda
>her takeaway from this is "Spartans bad"

>MJOLNIR armor is effectively a heavily armored space suit with its own oxygen supply
>this somehow doesn't stop Chief from nearly passing out when his pelican's O2 was shut off
This has to be some of the worst writing I've seen in a television series.

You're welcome. I wrote it because I started wondering how much of that shit I actually remembered now that it has been a while since I read it.

i just like halo and i want to have a first hand opinion of how they are mascaraing it when people say they like the show

f**kface is pretty amusing, but thats the only thing of theirs i still watch.

user, they cut the air to his suit first, then they cut the air to the ship. Go rewatch the scene old man, you're starting to get confused.

alright now refute the other points, especially the Spartans bad. Or how about when she threatens to lie to everyone saying the UNSC killed everyone and for some reason keyes acts like this is actually a legitimate threat when they obviously just wouldnt release the footage if she said that. No one in hollywood can write at all anymore.

Is a cameo confirmed? I havent watched these guys since 2016 but I'd enjoy a callback to rvb in this crap show.

Yes, but they also said that she is a military commander because "she has many skills"

Alright Yea Forums, you're put in charge of making 10 hour long halo episodes instead of these fuck ups. How do you do it better, whats the summary of each episode?

>whats the summary of each episode?
John Halo and his friends shoot aliens.

take The Cole Protocol and make it into a show. done

Me! I'm watching it and I like it (unironically).

Attached: 6clxqd.jpg (500x523, 62.72K)

nigger, nothing in this show is remotely alike to the games. Not the feel, not the characters, not the themes. It's a completely original property with halo names tacked on and the aliens look alike. Other than that they should have made their own original show if that is what they wanted. But they know, they would never get funding for that, because nobody wants their untalented asses.

For me it was ODST and this
youtu.be/tuRvqbNWwz4

Where's the fucking Halo in your Halo show? Where's the fucking Spartan soldier in your Halo show?

Re-read OP that wasn't the question. Also, you have terrible taste if you aren't a paid shill (you are though).

Attached: 1649797183891.jpg (749x749, 111.22K)

Too vague, we need to know what basic stuff happens in each episode, where break points are and where the show starts/ends overall.

also probably this should be in there, although considering how bad this is for halo fans and that this isnt really targeted at them maybe the target audience doesnt care

And you just can't enjoy stuff for what they are, mindless entertainment, a show 500 years in the future about super human soldiers fighting aliens. Grow up.

But yes, I'm sorry I misread it.

Honestly probably among the best trailers/commercials of all time

Okay.

1) These are not the same Halsey. Tony Stark from the comics would think Tony Stark from the movies is a full on retard, and he is compared to him. The show universe is not the same as the games, and things will not be the same between them.

2) I don't even know what you're talking about here, you sound like you are having a psychotic episode and are just remembering things you made up in your head.

3) Well, here I know you're just misremembering things and making stuff up.

Seriously, HOW did that get past the first draft? Could they really not think of ANYTHING else for Kwan to come up with? So much of the writing on this show seems like it was made by highschool dropouts who fancied themselves to be big time authors.

First off, completely scrap the current storyline. The show should've started off with humanities first contact with the covenant, then we could have time skips with flashbacks and voice over monologues of how we lost harvest and reach. Then, we begin the show with the start of Halo CE. The storyline of CE can be tweaked to make it more TV friendly (you can't exactly have a show just about 1 spartan going on mission after mission like the game).
That's what we should have gotten. Not this bullshit drama talkfest with a subplot of some random Asian insurrectionist and a human woman in a position of power in the COVENANT. Fuck I hate Hollywood.

>2) I don't even know what you're talking about here, you sound like you are having a psychotic episode and are just remembering things you made up in your head.
she watches her entire people get killed by aliens and spartans show up and the very first thing she does after is threaten to lie and tell all the colonies the spartans came and killed everyone. How exactly did i make this up in my head?

Contact Harvest would've been the best Halo tv series for the first season:
>establishes the setting for the UNSC and Insurrectionists
>other than the occasional space 9/11 (those innie bastards) life is similar to modern society
>Johnson has to train local militia on the farming world Harvest
>Harvests AI's have cool and funny conversations and AI thought process and POV is shown
>grunt and engineer buddies are our covenant POV characters and their very naïve and decent creatures
>it shows FIRST CONTACT with the covenant
>the themes of comradery, hope and self-sacrifice are present throughout
>it plainly states 'Humans ARE Forerunners' over and over
>Johnson shows us what white ladies like (you're welcome Jews)
Honestly, it was perfect for season 1 and they ruined it all I hate what Paramount have done to my beloved first fps.

Attached: 81z3jA9n3nL.jpg (1400x2265, 343.28K)

>Adapt Contact Harvest/Cole Protocol
>A stranded group of Marines/ODSTs trying to link back up with UNSC forces while evading capture

NO! We don't want adaptations here, we want the exact same experience as in the books or the games. Any deviation to make it a TV show with drama and not constant shooting is abhorrent.

>about super human soldiers fighting aliens
no it's about an autistic man and his tranny alter ego discovering his feelings while race-mixing advertisements and white hate propaganda are fed to us. And it's as terrible as it sounds. No one is buying your woke commie shit.

Attached: 1649380325222.jpg (2401x1543, 404.92K)

>mindless entertainment
this would be fine, if the show wasn't boring. Boring slow shows arent really mindless entertainment. This recent episode especially was hard to get through.

>Keyes approaches ugly hair about getting a message out that the ayys aren't just propaganda
>ugly hair threatens to lie and say that Spartans did it
>Keyes responds as if ugly hair actually has any leverage (who the fuck thinks the UNSC would deliberately broadcast a message claiming that Spartans slaughtered a bunch of people, even if were actually true?)

Be on your guard. The Trolls have been unleased.

Attached: trollsarenottobetrifledwith.png (1331x750, 701.33K)

All right. I'll bite.
>Episode 1: Pillar of Autumn
We do a hard opening, like BSG's first episode "33". We open on the damaged Autumn going out of slipspace, in front of the Halo. Introductions to Chief. Cortana, Keyes and Johnson. Midway through the episode the Covenant boards. Ends with Chief "holding on" as the Pelican heads to Halo's surface.
>Ep2: Halo
Change it so Johnson was in the same pelican and survived with a few marines. Chief and co. save survivors. Proper introduction to the dangers of the Covenant and the mystery of the Halo. Ends with Cortana intercepting the message that Keyes has been captured.
>Ep3: Truth and Reconcilliation
Chief and co. board the Covenant ship. Introduction to hunters and weird alien Architecture. They grab Keyes and he flies them out, telling them of the map room and how adamant the covies are to get to it.
>Ep4: The Silent Cartographer
Chief and marines do a pelican assault on the beach. Introduction to Forerunner tech. Use quiet time for character development. Ends with Echo 419 doing the "underground" bit.
>Ep5: Assault on the Control Room
More forerunner tech and covies. Snow out of nowhere. Play "On a Pale Horse". Ends with Chief running to find Keyes at Cortana's behest.
>Ep6: 343 Guilty Spark
Things take a dark turn as Chief (maybe accompanied by Johnson here) searches for Keyes in the depths of the installation. The flood is revealed. Shit hits the fan, until the survivors are teleported away by Spark.
>Ep7: The Library
Proper introduction to the Flood. Character development, horror in the dark, etc. Ends with Chief retrieving the Index.
>Ep8: Two Betrayals
Cortana intervenes before Chief and Johnson activate the Halo. Spark betrays them. They fight their way out and sabotage the installation.
>Ep9: Keyes
The squad infiltrates the covenant cruiser to find Keyes, but they're too late.
>Ep10: The Maw
The squad overloads the reactors of the Autumn and narrowly gets away before 04 blows up.

Wow, it's so easy!

1) The Spartans did not save anyone she only survived as a fluke and she knew that.

2) She recognized John as the guy that gunned down her mom at some peace talks, apparently.

3) Try to imagine how fucked up the relationship between the UNSC and the colonies must be if they think reports of an ongoing interstellar war is misinformation designed to get them to surrender. She just found out it was real, but it does nothing to change that the colonies want out of the alliance and want nothing to do with their war either.

So yes, for the cheap seats: UNSC, Halsey and Spartan Program are bad and always have been. It's the soldiers who are the heroes, including the Spartans.

Make it focus on a squad of spartan 3s, they need to hit an important target. Hype them up so super soldier demigods, then have them either failure the mission or succeed with them losing half their company. Then follow them fighting what seems to be a hopeless war, layer on the depression and the truama they are suffering as the continue to fight the covenant. Start killing off main characters slowly as shit goes on. Have a romance subplot that is between male lead of the squad and a female that is his sister in all but blood. Make the war seem over for humanity but there is one final mission which has no hope to succeed to help turn the tide, have the company devastated at this point and the squad down the the MC and his lover, maybe kill her off earlier and have his closest friend. Have them complete the mission but every dies off including the MC at the very end, as he is the one to finish the fight giving humanity the ability to fight on.

They don't have the budget for this user

>autistic spics write shitty halo fanfiction
>halo itself was fans of science fiction just throwing in everything they liked from science fiction and hiring a writer to make a story out of it. sold separately from the games.
fanfiction... of commissioned fanfiction

I'm sure a thrifty professional showrunner could optimise this proposal to keep the end result in line with the source material, but have it palatable for the finance department.

The budget for this show is currently around $10m per episode.
The Mandalorian had a budget of $12m per episode, it still managed to be better and much more cinematic.

All these answers proudly spoken by someone who knows fuck all about Halo.
>She recognized John as the guy that gunned down her mom at some peace talks
Yeah, that's not Halo. That's forced edginess that doesn't suit Halo's tone or characters.
>3)
The "alliance" is the thing that started the colonies. It's their colonies, they don't belong to the colonists. And if they can stream live video at FTL speeds (a first for Halo wtf), they can show colonies being massacred live to the rest of the human colonies.
You are either a troll, shill or a retard.

Attached: 27607760830494.jpg (900x900, 44.75K)

approved

Make this fall of reach and approved. Can end with Pillar of Autumn escaping reach (and if you really want coming out of slip space at the ring to ensure season 2)

This show cost $100m, they could probably manage

>reddit spacing
Sure UNSC and crew do bad things but the whole they want nothing to do with the war doesnt matter. Covenant will glass whatever worlds they feel like until theyre stopped. Kwan is literally retarded for seeing what they are capable of and still wanting to do insurrectionist shit

>Make this fall of reach and approved. Can end with Pillar of Autumn escaping reach
Sounds good, but then as the writers we'd be called a hack for half ripping off Halo Reach and Ghosts of Onyx.

where the FUCK is Johnson?

also i am a fan of halo but dont hold it's lore or story sacred at all so im just having fun watching this subpar scifi series.

Attached: Johnson_&_Vergil.png (1280x549, 1.17M)

mandalorian is a better halo show than halo