So what's the point of making him a force apparition if he still dies anyway?

So what's the point of making him a force apparition if he still dies anyway?

Attached: 2020.10.15-02.48-boundingintocomics-5f8861579a463.png (750x400, 299.63K)

Reinforcing the fact that a true jedi will always choose a non-violent approach. Also the first order troops would have actually obliterated him if he was actually there and it wouldn't be much of a distraction

Because then he can subvert your expectations twice in a row, which is good writing.

He couldn't just be non violent if he was there in person as well?

Because it was surprising, and therefore clever

TO SUBVERT YOUR EXPECTATIONS, GOY

Literally just to spite Kylo, which is funny because Luke takes the blame for Kylo coming out that way.

Read the second sentence

Before we get there, you're not admitting that your first point was completely worthless?

Are you retarded? The points are connected

Not at all. The sith being able to hurt him has nothing to do with him preferring pacifism.

He is absolutely retarded, it pains me that these are real people.

retard btfo. projections luke is shit

So Rian could make Luke still a passive cuck who was hiding away while still dying. If he actually went to Not Hoth, then that would be a sign of bravery.

love that cope

based retard

Maybe he wouldn't have had enough time to make the trip physically instead of just appearing there.

If he actually went there he'd be dead before giving his buddies enough time to escape

>we want you to do a cameo
>ok but I want to be killed off
>also I'm not doing fight scenes
haven't seen nu star wars but I imagine those were the parameters they were working with

To maintain its internal consistency as a film made by a troll

This scene might have actually been good if there was a reason that kept him from getting there.

Rian Johnson unironically buck broke the entire star wars fandom and got away with it. He then created his own franchise (Knives Out) and personally pocketed over $100M, while star wars faggots are stuck with reddit tier Disney plus shows forever.
Dont worry star wars cucks, Doomcock said that TLJ will decanonized anytime this century! GO WOKE, GO BROKE! Right? LOL, Do something about it star wars faggots!

Attached: 1649950488740.jpg (1200x1200, 207.43K)

Film sucked thanks to the crappy sideplots but this ending was actually pretty memorable

Could be that they thought having someone actually kill Luke would be poorly received or wouldn't be the right choice for his character. Not that Rian Johnson would have given two shits about things like pleasing the fans or internal consistency, but Disney probably had some input.

>a Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense. Never attack

to subvert expectations

how about you just write it differently then retard. its a story, you can make shit up.

how would actually being there contradict this in any way

>Rian Johnson unironically buck broke the entire star wars fandom and got away with it.

That could only happen if the entire fandom accepted these films as canon, which many fans don't. I choose to ignore the Disneyverse, so my buck hymen remains fully intact.

Helpimg the remaining resistance forces without killing his nephew

Get fucking education marveltard the movie is like 4 years old now and you are seething about nonsense

Based redditor destroyer
Rian is the best thing happened to SW and his trilogy will be even more glorious

the movie was shit but at this point i thought we were actually going to see Jedi Grandmaster Luke take on an army
but no

>his trilogy
>implying that there will even be another trilogy
lol

no one ever really dies

>a true jedi will always choose a non-violent approach
lmao
The Clone Wars says "hello".

Why didn't he go there, make a force projection as a feint, and then show up afterwards, giving them even more time to escape?

samefag

Rian Johnson is, unironically, peak reddit.

weak bait. referencing the rian vapor trilogy pushed it too far.

>he doesn’t know
Dude you guys don’t have power anymore bob got fired. Its just a matter of time until the release dates will be published.

Rian is literally walking post office success

>rian peak reddit
You are coping mr redditor

What would the new trilogy even be about? Finn getting his buck broken?

Well it's not like he's going to fly his broken/sunken/waterlogged x-wing that has been dismantled and repurposed for shelter.
Oh, right.

Attached: hqdefault (1).jpg (480x360, 8.46K)

>instead of utilising the in-universe means of instantaneous travel that already exists, introduce bullshit teleporting ghost magic

People actually called Rian Johnson's writing good.

>Cameo
you don't know what cameo means

tlj is the best of the nutrilogy

>Clone Wars
>True Jedi

I think you missed the point of Episodes 1-6

>a true jedi will always choose a non-violent approach
violence is the last resort of a Jedi, it's why they carry lightsabers. how can you be a guardian of peace and justice when your opponent can't be reasoned with?

It was unexpected and therefore good

>in-universe means of instantaneous travel that already exists
Like what? Hyperspace travel only became instantaneous in the sequels.

The underlying theme of Clone Wars is how the Jedi are losing their way due to the war

We're talking about the writer's motives, not the physical setup as it existed in the movie.

Rian could've easily adjusted the timeline where he either followed Rey shortly after she left in the X-Wing or snuck onboard the Falcon Obi-Wan style.

Luke on Ach-Too was a creative choice he could've easily changed, but he chose to have Luke stay and astral project because he thought it was cooler.

>Also the first order troops would have actually obliterated him if he was actually there
X to doubt. At this point he was pretty powerful.

The point of the movie is that Luke Skywalker the symbol, the inspiration, is more powerful than Luke Skywalker, the man, who does epic flips and kills lots of people with his lightsaber

I think it would have been in poor taste if the solution to Luke's trauma over almost killing his nephew with a lightsaber was for Luke to go try to kill him with a lightsaber again

Attached: luke.jpg (1362x594, 204.72K)

Source?

There isnt a source since it didnt happen. But the power creep in cannon things like him going ham on the Dark troopers in the mandalorian makes it clear he wouldn't have gotten instantly destroyed.

I fell for the theory that the twist in TLJ was Snoke was the Prime Jedi that was shown in the temple.

I still cope as headcanon because I think it would've been way better of a story.

Attached: Prime Jedi Symbol.jpg (201x251, 15.3K)

star wars isn't allowed to be cool

so Luke shows up and he's SUPER POWERFUL and does EPIC FLIPS and destroys all the AT-ATs by farting

what is the conflict being resolved here? What is the *point* of the movie, with that ending? What is the moral or theme the movie is trying to impart on the audience? Luke showing up to be badass and powerful doesn't resolve anything other than fanboys endless need to be fellated and indulged with the most base of power fantasies, which is all that they perceive Star Wars to be

Attached: yoda-the-empire-strikes-back-28a7558.jpg (620x413, 54.16K)

twists are gay

I wonder if some prop intern placed all those rocks and glued them, or if it's just 3d printed/molded rubber.

Snoke is unimportant and he works better as a tool to service Kylo Ren's development, as Kylo is the actual interesting villain of the sequels

Snoke wouldn't have become interesting by having a shock reveal that he's darth icky or something

Lmao, why do people continue to make excuses? Lets just be honest, there was no way they could get Mark Hamill to do a fucking fight scene without replacing him with a younger actor. It would've looked fucking retarded, we all know it. It has nothing to do with the story. If Mark was younger, he and Adam would've had a fight scene.

>makes it clear he wouldn't have gotten instantly destroyed.

Luke surviving this would've been laughably outrageous, even for Star Wars. The fact that he does his Marvel-tier shoulder brush should be the big hint that something isn't right in this scene.

Attached: main-qimg-f183c9fe04cafc769d5346c6da04e1e3-pjlq.jpg (602x339, 25.59K)

What if he just did epic flips? It inspires Kylo and its nonviolent and its also epic

the best thing would have been to make Luke a master of winning using mind tricks and misdirection so he never has to actually fight, but that would have required actual writing so forget it.

>a master of winning using mind tricks and misdirection so he never has to actually fight

I mean...isn't that kind of what actually happened?

I find it funny that people are interested in Snoke being revealed to be some evil sith lord when that is pretty much already what his role was in the movies. It's like the mask is removed and what changes? He would just be doing what he was already doing. Who in the movies would even know him or care? That old lady with the big eyes? lol

I find it funny that the TROS Snoke clone reveal was the dumbest solution to the problem they had.

EUfags and wookieepedia retards literally don't know how to engage with Star Wars as movies anymore, they just want endless lore exposition dumps so they can write wookieepedia articles about the real Star Wars universe

>Snoke is unimportant and he works better as a tool to service Kylo Ren's development, as Kylo is the actual interesting villain of the sequels

Kylo Ren should have been the only Force user in the First Order, then. The fact that Snoke is shown and hyped up to be this powerful, old manipulator makes it hard to just cast him aside, which is why the Snoke Tank in ROS was such a cop out.

A couple of things here - first tlj was absolute shit and a terrible movie. When you can stop laser bolts like in the first nuwars movie, you can break any gun weapon completely. 2nd, precognition is overwhelmingly op. But at the end of the day, it's a childish power fantasy, so I wouldn't over think it.

Snoke should have been an astral projection of Kylo's that he couldn't control. It was the manifestation of his hatred and betrayal. He also wouldn't be aware and think Snoke was a real person.

instead the solution to Luke's trauma is to repeatedly embarrass and brush off the nephew he tried to kill
>but he apologized
and then did his witty marvel one-liners.
>Amazing... every word of what you just said... was wrong.
>See you around, kid.
yeah I'm definitely feeling like Luke is dealing with trauma in this scene, and I also definitely feel like Kylo Ren is a threat for the next film when he got fooled by a hologram

in a galaxy of quintillions of individuals why is a stretch that there was *one* other guy who learned dark magic to take over Sheev's throne? Why does he need some kind of dipshit in-universe lore explanation to function as the dark wizard overlord? Again, you wikifags let lore rot your fucking brain to the point you can't even engage with the basic narrative functions of the movies anymore.

Not really. At this point in the timeline, Luke is the most powerful Jedi of all time. He could have done immense damage to Kylo and the First Order if he wanted to.

Attached: 1657812D-CB58-4E8C-B23E-0894C9BD350F.jpg (1284x1401, 815.99K)

>It's like the mask is removed and what changes?

It gives a better character than Palpatine's "He's just a failed clone that I let run around do stuff for some reason"

I dunno
What's the point of making Leia die but somehow not actually die when her actress died?
Lmao get your expectations subverted idiot

Just because dumb as farts is better than dumb as shit doesn't mean I wanna smell it

are you saying it was bigger than a cameo or do you think you can only cameo as yourself?

>they should have rewritten and reshot the whole movie because my autism can't reconcile that the character is alive when the actress isn't

Unironically better than those member berryglib facsimile shitfest that Cuckbrahms made

Attached: Last Jedi Luke.webm (1920x1080, 2.94M)

>are you saying it was bigger than a cameo
Luke has the second most amount of screentime behind Rey in TLJ.

Kylo is a mass murderer directly responsible for hundreds of deaths and an accomplice to billions more. He's not this fragile little baby who dindu nuffin anymore, lmao

You're looking for reasons to be upset

>Luke surviving this would've been laughably outrageous, even for Star Wars.
Why?
Vader did precisely that in the nuwars comics when he was attacked by multiple heavy tanks.
An actual Jedi Master would do far better

nazis are le bad, good goys win, buy more toys and do flippy flappys.

play pheonix in valorant to understand. having an instant second chance respawn at a checkpoint ready for you if you "die" gives you lots of confidence

Are you bent
They show her fucking dying then do a fake out where she opens her eyes and flies back
All they had to do was cut that fucking shot out and let her stay dead
I didn't even watch the film lmao

>comics

nerd alert!!!