>Jake Gyllenhaal

OH NO METHOD BROS

Attached: jake.png (1597x1129, 1.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kB15UFO5ebA
youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

He's right.

Jake needs to do more movies where he plays literally me. Nightcrawler was great.

>The actor conceded that acting is "pretend" and should be fun, not so intense and dark.

>"That's when I realized something I should have realized a long time ago—acting is a really stupid job. It's pretend! And it's fun and it should be filled with joy," he said "Well, I'm finally embracing that joy again, and that's why I'm back standing on this stage!"

If only he told this to Heath when he was fucking him in the ass in that tent.

Leto single handedly destroyed reputation of method acting. All the tryhard meme shit he does and he’s never gotten a good performance out of it

>British actors consistently get cast way out of proportion to how many of them there are and how many specifically British roles are available
>British acting schools eschew method and just has actors practice line delivery and expressing specific emotions

what are the odds

Leto did what needed to be done. He sacrificed himself for a greater cause.

0 Oscars for the ones mentioned.

How much do you bet these "realizations" are partially mind-poison by his hag of a sister nagging 24/7?

Lol, this faggot thinks oscars have actual merit to them

yeah because to get oscars you need to impress other actors using simplistic memes: prosthetics, playing people with disabilities, death scenes, etc.

Why are a number of actors taking a stance on this now? What's it in reaction to? Did someone recently do something fucked up while method training?

Jared Leto had people take him to toilet in a wheelchair while filming Morbius. So now all the Marvel and Star Wars actors are shitting on method acting.

I've always figured being able to switch it on and off was a sign of someone who is a better actor.
Marlon Brando never even bothered to learn his lines for The Godfather and he's considered one of the greatest actors of all time.

A lot of widespread mockery over Jared Leto trying to apply "method acting" to stupid capeshit roles as an excuse to be an obnoxious prick on set

in english, doc

Brando was a method actor. He didn't learn his lines in his final years because he felt like it would be more believable if he didn't know what he was going to say.

afraid of being cancelled when a disabled tranny takes their roles

>Leto used crutches on set to maintain his character’s physicality. However, the crutches made Leto’s bathroom breaks a longer process than needed. “Morbius” director Daniel Espinosa confirmed to Uproxx that a deal was made where Leto agreed to use a wheelchair for his bathroom breaks instead to quicken up the process.

>“Yeah,” Espinosa said when asked if the wheelchair story was true. “Because I think that what Jared thinks, what Jared believes, is that somehow the pain of those movements, even when he was playing normal Michael Morbius, he needed, because he’s been having this pain his whole life. Even though, as he’s alive and strong, it has to be a difference. Hey, man, it’s people’s processes.”

>Jared Leto had people take him to toilet in a wheelchair while filming Morbius
What???

Attached: BSR323.jpg (491x584, 33.13K)

There’s clearly good and bad method acting. It’s helped guys like DDL and Deniro our in great performances. Leto on the other hand isn’t actually doing anything that would make his acting better. He’s just doing stupid publicity stunts. Plus, it’s not like a capeshit requires any effort to being with

Jared Leto was given a whellchair while filming morbius since he would'n break character to use the bathroom, and was taking hour long pee breaks using crutchs.

>“Requiem for a Dream”

>For filmmaker Darren Aronofsky’s breakthrough 2000 film “Requiem for a Dream,” in which Leto plays a heroin addict, Leto dropped 28 pounds, lived on the streets of New York and refrained from having sex to make his onscreen cravings that much more realistic. “I was in a constant state of hunger like my character,” Leto told the BBC. “I was miserable. It was a painful, dark place, but it was rewarding.”

Attached: jared-leto-requiem-for-a-dream.jpg (1200x675, 109.62K)

>I'm not a meth actors
Yeah, I doubt it

DDL does the exact same bullshit that Leto does. He made crew members carry him around on the set of My Left Foot while playing a disabled character

This meme is being spread to prep us for a future of non-acting. Every "actor" will now selected by political checklist and social credit.
Every movie will be a female lead with zero sexual interest in/from anything. Her/She multicultural crew of BIPOC cringe induced and evil white villians.

>"Chapter 27"

>For the 2007 film “Chapter 27” in which Leto played John Lennon assassin Mark David Chapman, the actor bulked up and gained 67 pounds. The weight gain gave the actor gout and put him in a wheelchair. “"I couldn't walk for long distances,” he told Digital Spy. “I had a wheelchair because it was so painful. My body was in shock from the amount of weight I gained.” Ultimately, Leto regretted the experience and said he’d never gain that much weight again. And he didn’t… he went in the opposite direction.

Attached: MV5BYzBmMGYwZjctZWY4OC00NzgwLWIyMzQtYjhjMjZkZjRjYjVkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpg (480x360, 20.4K)

>"Dallas Buyers Club"

>Leto won the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his role as Rayon in 2013’s “Dallas Buyers Club,” but for all intents and purposes his co-stars didn’t meet him until after the shoot had ended. Leto dropped 30 pounds to play the transgender character opposite Matthew McConaughey (who also dropped weight and won an Oscar for his role), but Leto stayed in character even when the cameras stopped rolling for the duration of the shoot.

Attached: 142be3664d6b38dbcd9bfda547bd45b4.jpg (500x604, 56K)

Why didn't he just do actual heroin?

>"Suicide Squad"

>Leto followed in the footsteps of Jack Nicholson and Heath Ledger by playing The Joker in 2016’s “Suicide Squad,” but just because the film was a comic book adaptation didn’t mean Leto was going to leave his intense commitment to character at the door. Leto sequestered himself from the rest of the cast and claimed that he sent anal beads and used condoms to co-stars like Will Smith and Margot Robbie to further play up the dynamic of The Joker, before later walking back those comments. In 2021, he told EW that “any of the very few gifts that were ever given were given with a spirit of fun and adventure and received with laughter, fun, and adventure” before adding ”I’m an artist at the end of the day. If I do something risky and you don’t like it, basically, you can kiss my ass.”

Attached: suicide-squad_jared-leto.jpg (622x378, 28.76K)

>plays a tranny
>wins an Oscar
Really makes me think, imagine taking these wards seriously

>"Blade Runner 2049"

>For his small but key role in the 2017 sequel “Blade Runner 2049,” Leto blinded himself to further inhabit the part of the blind Niander Wallace. The actor wore special contact lenses for the role, and his presence moved director Denis Villeneuve to tears. “He was walking with an assistant, very slowly,” Villeneuve told the Wall Street Journal. “It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there weas a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe.”

Attached: 3e17ea1d707847215bf411c587a476b3.jpg (594x600, 35.83K)

so what? are you the union rep for film crews? why do you give a shit

>Leto did what needed to be done. He sacrificed himself for a greater cause.

Attached: 1514403873080.jpg (1977x1079, 146.95K)

>"The Little Things"

>For the 2021 film “The Little Things,” Leto’s co-star Denzel Washington claims he didn’t go method this time around, telling USA Today “He didn’t do any of that with me. Nah. He’d have been paid a visit. That wouldn’t happen.” But Leto did physically transform himself to play a character suspected of being a murderer, wearing a prosthetic nose and teeth and even adopting a creepy little walk.

Attached: 939b98795dc0441b36e98b8782fa9e11.jpg (497x634, 33.21K)

>"House of Gucci"

>And in Leto’s latest film, “House of Gucci,” in which he’s nearly unrecognizable as family outcast Paolo Gucci, the actor says he went to great lengths to get into character. “I did it all,” Leto told i-D magazine. “I was snorting lines of arrabbiata sauce by the middle of this movie. I had olive oil for blood. This was a deep dive I did.” Whether we take Leto at his word or if he’s meant to be exaggerating, response to the film makes clear that he swung for the fences with this one. And really, in looking back on his career thus far, would snorting pasta sauce be the weirdest thing he’s done for a role?

Attached: Goran-Lundstrom-House-of-Gucci-Jared-Leto.jpg (800x500, 39.77K)

>“I was snorting lines of arrabbiata sauce by the middle of this movie. I had olive oil for blood. This was a deep dive I did.”
Wtf, this is Italianface. This is racist! He's not even Italian, he's a regular Anglo/German/Whatever Amerimutt. CANCEL HIM NOW!

Ok but what about Daniel Day Lewis?

>“It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there weas a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe.”
It's hard to not laugh when thinking about how pretentious this pseud is. I think the leto schtick is entertaining in a "wow what a character" I just find his existence comical but imagine actually saying that his shenanigans moved you to tears.

I think there's method acting and then there's being retarded.
There's no problem trying to do your best to get into your characters mindset (especially if it's a difficult one) in your own time, but holding up movie productions and treating people like shit is just retarded.

>his presence moved director Denis Villeneuve to tears
As if i needed any more convincing that Denis is a pathetic director.

>gets made fun of for behaving like a tool on set
>nobody talks about his island cult that he uses to bang children
It's just one of them thangs...

Martin Freeman.

Because Marlon was so goddamn good he didn't need to learn his lines.

what a fucking goober, he didn't get made fun of enough for his suicide squad shit?

I’m noticing a pattern here. No acting rewards = mad at method acting

And he had the sweetest dick that both men and women could enjoy.

youtube.com/watch?v=kB15UFO5ebA

Based.

Because that's a product of your schizo imagination. He uses it to bang gullible white women who want to "find themself" by shooting them full of his healing jizz.

haha whoops my bad
forgot to take my meds again

youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U

Crystal method acting

Not enough evidently

Attached: file.png (201x251, 86.25K)

based leto killed rock music too. the savior of the west

Wtf... I love method acting now.

It's a way for Vain assholes to make themselves seem more important.

Holy cringe

>He didn't learn his lines in his final years because he felt like it would be more believable if he didn't know what he was going to say.

Brando didn't learn his lines in his final years because he was a lazy fatass who literally couldn't stop eating. His wife literally put locks on the fridge and he would still break in to them. He'd hire guys to toss him cheeseburgers over his fence.

I guess he was walking funny after Brokeback Mountain and regretted it.

>DUDE DID YOU HEAR HOW CRINGEY LETO WAS ON SET?
fuck off reddit leto is our guy.

>“It was like seeing Jesus walking into a temple. Everybody became super silent, and there weas a kind of sacred moment. Everyone was in awe.”
These directors always sound so stupid and full of shit when praising their narcissistic actor going method. The David Ayer pasta about him being too scared to direct Leto Joker is spot on for how these hacks talk sometimes.

It’s funny cause a lot of the classically trained Shakespearean British actors just treat it like a job. They give a killer performance and then it’s “right, time for a pint then.”

Never forget that Denis simps are the Ricky and Morty fans of cinema.