The Witch vs The Lighthouse

Which do you prefer? There is only one correct answer to this question.

Attached: 30CB4D3E-C9FE-4E2A-9472-A70F6E915C17.jpg (928x516, 132.52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

The lighthouse? Idk they're both great but different, why would I need to choose

I love both of them but I prefer The Lighthouse. The visual style blew me away. Looking forward to The Northman.

Daily reminder the Northman's viral marketers like OP on Yea Forums are in a PANIC. The film scored under 65 in test screenings which means the word of mouth won't be enough to carry the box office.

So they're flooding Yea Forums and /pol/ with posts that The Northman is 'an EPIC alt right pro-white film!'

Problem is Robert Eggers is an extreme anti-trump WOKE leftist.

>"I wasn't interested in vikings because of the macho stereotypes and neonazis"

>RE: And then with this movie, I wasn’t like, “Now I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But as I’ve said may times, nothing good happens when two men are trapped in a giant phallus. So obviously that’s what’s going to happen in [the lighthouse].

>AVC: It does seem very inevitable between them. So, you didn’t sit down and go, “I’m going to write a movie about toxic masculinity.” But at what point did you start to recognize that that’s what the story is about in some ways?

>RE: When my brother and I got all the way through [the script] the first time, we were like, “Yeah, that’s what’s going on.”

film.avclub.com/the-lighthouse-s-robert-eggers-nothing-good-happens-w-1839071674

The marketers are SO desperate they are now recruiting Alfonso Cuaron to put out articles for the movie.

>directors close buddy sees movie
>"Hey alfonso, we're struggling with the test scores on our movie. we're under 65 which means bad word of mouth. I dont know what to do."
>next day
>DIRECTOR'S FRIEND: "MY BUDDIES MOVIE IS FUCKING AMAZING!"

It will be interesting to see what Eggers viral marketing team try next with their guaranteed meme trash flop.

The Lighthouse. There's some quality to it that all my other favorite movies have.
>The Thing
>Master and Commander
>All is Lost
>The Great Escape
>First Blood
>12 Angry Men
>My Dinner with Andre
>Lawrence of Arabia
Can't put my finger on it. The Witch just has things in it that bring it down.

Attached: peppy.jpg (1024x1024, 63.97K)

I fell asleep during both these “films”

They were so boring

This is some of the most blatant shilling I've ever seen on this website I don't even have any hard feelings about any of these movies.

Attached: 1648942177638.jpg (342x271, 32.31K)

>>"I wasn't interested in vikings because of the macho stereotypes and neonazis"
>I hate this thing because I associate with people I hate
>let me make a movie about it
Yeah I'm sure it won't represent vikings as mentally ill retards

Watched VVitch with my ex gf last year, it was pretty fun. Damn, what a time... It was so comfy lying in bed with her, her big tits on my chest and caressing her juicy tight ass. Thank for reminding and making me sad op

The only people I've ever seen liking the Lighthouse are Reddit type zoomers and dog fuckers like YMS. And the Witch is literally a boring "CHRISTIANS BAD" version of Blair Witch

at least you've had a gf

Attached: gonna cry.jpg (720x489, 23.63K)

I've had many, but I'd rather have one forever. It's not fair, humans are fucked up. I'm fucked up, my ex's were not much better

meds

>le what's your desert island movie reddit?
why is this question so popular with midwits?

MONKEY PUMP!!

Attached: 386.gif (498x413, 2.09M)

Only one of them has rpatz in the throes of ecstasy, so the answer is clear.

i like the witch more. better soundtrack and the dude with the voice gave a kino performance.

Anya's budding breasts

the witch was a weird and confusing movie

VVitch was shockingly mediocre. I genuinely believe Americans just think it’s more artsy than it is because of the English accents.

Lighthouse was up its own ass but it was the better movie. By a mile.

Two excellent films, probably the lighthouse because it captured the feeling of decending into frenzied madness better than anything I may have ever seen.

Two five star films though!

The Northman

>The Witch
has women
>The Lighthouse
does not have women
i think the winner is pretty clear, Lighthouse everytime

What about Glengarry Glen Ross?

The first thing I think of for each film:
Witch: "live deliciously"
Lighthouse: "you smell like...jizzum"

That one's up there too!

I’ll go with. Hmmm. Tough one

Alright, I think I’ll have to go with lighthouse

do you hate women?

The first thing I think of for the vvitch:
Clickety-clackety clickety-clackety

Do you...not?

Attached: 1641546621902.gif (171x172, 961.68K)

why would i? dont you have many wonderfull women in your life?

You smell like you jizzed in your pants yes you jizzed in your pants (jizzed in your pants)

>women
>wonderful

Attached: ha.jpg (200x202, 5.89K)

Zero (0), or we could count negatives if you want to go with how horrible women there are too. I’d say no less than -5

Daily reminder that everyone can smell your sperm sock and sperm dick. Why do we hurt our moms in this way?

Why did God have to make us go nose blind to things. I wish I could smell my own jizz so I’d know if there was a smell of rotten dick in the room. I just have to guess when to throw away the cum sock but all I know is it’s probably not smell after a day, and it probably reeks by a month

isnt your mother good? or your grandmother? or your sister? or some friend?

From what you just said, each one is worse than the next in that exact order. It took us 1,000’s of year to figure out females are horrible. It’s why it’s written everywhere in the bible, and it’s what everyone thought until maybe 100 years ago roughly. The female brain just should NOT (not) exist in civilized society. It’s basically poison to our culture as a whole

Probably because the sense of smell is literally a brain nerve, and our brains have evolved to ignore constant and repeated stimuli that don't amount to any consequential reaction. I plan to hang myself after my parents die. Live, Laugh, Love.

This thread isn't even about that film you mentally ill nigger

The Witch had Anya Taylor-Joy's gas maker.

>Why did God have to make us go nose blind to things
Because you'd literally go insane if you wouldnt go nose blind.

how do you want to have a society without women?

Can’t blame you, life is overrated. It’s alright, but it’s not that spectacular. I could do with only maybe 10 years longer until I think I’ve had enough of this. Personally, I don’t think I’ll ever commit suicide because I can take it or leave it, but can’t blame others if they do. The universe is just a bit boring desu. I’ve seen it all, I’ll be done marveling at its existence and ready to move on at some point soon

It's really not that difficult

Attached: Raphael_School_of_Athens.jpg (1024x1024, 297.95K)

thats not society, thats a school. athens were full of women

The Witch just because I like horror more and it's more rewatchable.

>Lighthouse
>VVitch
>Northman

They are all good, but the order is quite clear.

Well you asked how do you want a society without women. We don’t have to literally banish women to the woods to have that. It calls stay at home wives, and things of that nature. It’s very normal. It was by and large the defacto way societies worked until relatively recently. We abandoned the acquired wisdom of our ancestors, and well, look where that’s gotten us. I guess to a point of chaos and stupidity as a whole in society right now

They didn't have a say in the way society operated

really? i thought it was pretty straight forward. that's my only gripe with eggers. he creates these incredible researched settings but never really goes beyond the surface.

The Witch. I loved the asthetic and acting in The Lighthouse, but I definitely realized that I prefer a more coherent narrative

It was coherent in a retarded sort of way, but I still agree, l love the witch

>It calls stay at home wives, and things of that nature. It’s very normal
but you hate women including those close to you. how that be better if they stayed at home? They would still be women with their women brains you despise

I feel you. We could probably be friends IRL but our interaction is already an abomination of interactivity of matter and energy. But quote me on this: I haven't meditated into my mind (bootleg TM included) for more than like 10-15 minutes. I want to sit in my head and maybe get somewhere. Somewhere out of this hell.

Your argument is dependent on faulty assumptions about this, and you’re not following a clear line of logic. Hate is not the word I would for myself, but I’ll just go with it. You could hate how women are when they’re forced to operate in society like they’re men. But it doesn’t mean I’d hate women in a context where they’re tending to their natural roles. I don’t hate them just because they’re females and have vaginas. Although to be honest, that seems to your underlining angle you’re assuming here. I don’t dislike female brains. I maybe dislike them when they’re interfering with society as a whole, but it’s the same way I might not dislike a knife, but I do dislike that knife when it’s stabbed into my belly

The Witch was shit, pure marketing switch and bait which would be fine if it was actually good, but it was neither good horror nor good drama.

Lighthouse on the other hand is a kino masterpiece.

>Hate is not the word I would for myself, but I’ll just go with it.
are you not the user ? because he clearly implied he hates women... and user laughed at the possibility of women being wonderfull

Yeah, that was someone else. Truthfully, I sort of jumped into the middle of the topic, but it’s because it’s one I felt so strongly about lol

Just incel cope, you would hate women even more in their more "natural setting" of alpha males cucking beta males like it was for the majority of the millions of years humans have been around.

in that case i dont find your position unreasonable user. there is nothing wrong with traditional societal organization

Well, I see you’re having to resort to an emotional and heated response here. Which I don’t mind, but I’m not really interested in going on if that is the case. You can say it’s incel cope or assume any number of wrong things about me, but it’s not even close to a rationale retort. And it’s pretty dumb you don’t realize that it would be the opposite of what you just described. We’re moving away from monogamy. And you’re acting like going back to that it would get more polyamorous? More people are getting cucked now than 100 years ago, wouldn’t you agree? Oh well, I’m going to make breakfast but it was fun being in this thread, good luck on your critical thinking skills

Another incel projecting his imagination of "traditional" society. Traditional society is a few alpha males fucking all the women while the majority of males die never sticking their dick in a woman. It is only trough religiously enforced monogamy created by ancient incels that this model of humanity was distrupted. And now we are reverting to what is the true traditional relationship between male and female : incel losers like yourself crying themselves to sleep because Stacy chooses Chad.

Just because you are a smooth brain who can't think beyond 100 years, doesn't mean everyone is as low IQ as you.