Star wars has been dead for over a decade

>star wars has been dead for over a decade
>Lucas decides he wants more money
>teams up with Hasbro to relaunch new line of star wars toys under pick related
>becomes 3rd best selling toy line in history after Lego and Pokemon

Why can't Disney do this?

Attached: s-l640.jpg (452x640, 126.49K)

imagine someone buying a finn action figure in 2022

Disney doesn't understand restraint. Star Wars fatigue set in pretty quickly. It doesn't help that The Last Jedi ruined things with the fans as well.

>Power of the Force II are the shittiest toys Star Wars toyline ever made
>Disney Star Wars are the worst Star Wars movies ever made
I think you are on to something OP

The toy market was in a massive upswing already. Lucas knew when to strike.

>>star wars has been dead for over a decade
?
He's a nigger, why would anyone buy his figure?

He's referring to the launch of power of the force toys in 1997 or so, as Return of the jedi had come out in 1983

to be fair when i was a kid i would like to have a figure of lando or mace windu

That was right around the time they were rereleasing the original trilogy in theaters to build up hype for the prequels. It's not some out of the blue genius move, it was part of a concerted effort to revive the star wars brand

>lando or mace windu
user, those are black men, not niggers. There's a difference.

Disney ruined literally all its goodwill among old fans and has made liking Star Wars a bad thing for normalfags because it wasted money on a campaign against its 'fandom menace'. Mandolorian was their one good thing and they have already ground it into the dirt with the Book of Boba Fett spinoff. The upcoming Kenobi show is also looking to be trash too.

Disney came into Star Wars with the expectation its fans were braindead sheep who would slurp up anything they put out. Instead they've managed to waste literal billions of dollars because they cannot get the political sycophants in their employ to not insult fans and turned one of the biggest fanbases into weaponized autism who regularly review bomb all their media out of spite.

there was no star wars fatigue. There was nigger fatigue. Hasbro constantly fails to satisfy the demand on most new figures ever since The Mandalorian. Likewise, there were several instances where LEGO sets kept selling out very quickly in the last two years with 501st battle pack being prime example.

One of the toy manufacturers said in the interview that there is no demand for nu-trilogy merch and those characters do not sell. LEGO only released a handful of ruse of sõywoker sets to coincide with film's release and only one more+disney Park themed in the next few months. Ever since then they stuck to OT, Mandalorian and Clone Wars.

Retired nu-trilogy LEGO sets did not appreciate in value, with a couple of exceptions, and most of them can be bought for less than original retail price despite them being off the shelves for over two years.

The conclusion is pretty simple here. People still love star wars. It's just shitty content and politics pushed their way they are not interested in.

Pic Rel is my new Boba Fett.

Attached: 20220409_152634.jpg (4032x3024, 3.14M)

When these toys came out around 97 (the time of the OT re-releases) their wasn't much original Star Wars stuff on the shelves for about a decade.

The way they handled the EU should've told everyone what was going to happen. I don't care that they wanted to do their own thing without being tied to the fanfiction of the guy who's actually writing the new Dune books. But they just dumped it wholesale, and then acted like there wasn't a giant pool of lore to steal from when compared to comicbooks.

Star Wars was on an upswing thanks to the Thrawn Trilogy kicking off the Expanded Universe proper, with more books and comic books to follow (like Dark Empire), and the work on both the Special Editions and Prequels was underway by 1995, so it was a perfect time to revive the toyline that kids were wanting thanks to seeing the 15th Anniversary tapes their dads bought. People need to fuck off with this "Star Wars was dead until new movies" mentality.

>teams up with Hasbro to relaunch new line of star wars toys under pick related
>Why can't Disney do this?

I had those when I was a kid and I was still watching Star Wars on VHS constantly when they came out. Star Wars wasn't dead in the 90s, it was still very much in the public consciousness and kids were still really into it.

Now though? Kids don't have the attention span to obsess over imagined adventures they dream up based on 3 movies and a few video games. Kids are so bombarded with new media that keeping their attention is way harder and I'm not sure they have the imagination left to even play with toys any more, they all just seem to be vegetating as they stare at a tablet or a smart phone with an unfocused stare.

That being said Disney could definitely make new material set in the original trilogy era and people would eat it up. Cartoons, video games, there are lots of mediums where you can make new content with the old characters without needing to resurrect Carrie Fisher from the grave or having Harrison Ford pretend he's in his 30s.

Attached: Star Wars Drinking and Flying.webm (899x500, 1.4M)

wtf are you on about? PotF came to be in like 1995 and continued well into 1998 with 1999 bringing a multitude of Phantom Menace figures followed by the Attack of the Clones. Things went dark after 2012 when Hasbro slowed down with their 3inch figure line and focused on black series. They introduced 5 point of articulation figures nobody liked until 2018 when Vintage Collection picked up in content and quality.

I don't get why modern Hollywood is obsessed with casting the ugliest people they can find. John Boyega looks like a fucking baboon standing next to Billy Dee Williams. I guess its some cultural marxist bullshit about changing beauty standards but I can't fathom anyone in the public wants it. I mean do blacks really like to see themselves represented by such ugly SOBs?

Attached: Lando.jpg (550x742, 41.38K)

My older brother who's 40 years old collects them.

Attached: IMG_0623.HEIC.jpg (3024x4032, 3.66M)

>bothering to collect Finn
LMAO. I'm an autist who collects a lot of figures/toys from anime to LOTR to US comics but I don't bother with anything from nu-star wars save a Mando figure and I still think mandalorian is mediocre af, that's how low my standards are

I probably owned about 3/4 of those loose figures at one point. Why does he own a Finn figure and why is it still in the package? Does he expect that to become valuable some day?

>Legacy comics figures
That's neat.

New diamond select LOTR line is great. I got them all, just about to order Gollum.

How many stereotypes does your brother fulfil? Is he fat, single, khhv, still lives with parents? Or is he a reasonably normal seeming person?

I'm genuinely curious

all of these are kino except for Finn

Its from The Black Series

I think Boba here is due a bath in some organic Bacta.

Attached: 20220409_205656.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

It was based until I saw Finn next to the Legacy CHADS

Why'd they make Han so buff though? Buff Darth Vader I get with Prowse being a bodybuilder but Luke and Han look rediculous in the new line.

Attached: hans_old_new.gif (385x400, 42.97K)

Thanks, they've been in here for a while. Some years and I have no idea what the fuck do with them. I want to make space for my stuff. He doesn't even live here anymore.

burn finn. Keep the rest.

I manage to keep all of my POTF.
It's what got me into Star Wars.

No Doubt on the radio, X-Files on tv, PlayStation, ID4 at the theater. It was indeed a better time.

Attached: sotedashrendarloose.jpg (587x800, 64.13K)

I can't comment on how attractive he is, but I think Boyega and the rest of the cast was about price point as much as anything else. Boyega had headlined a critically successful cult film (Attack the Block), and he checked demographic boxes. Adam Driver and Oscar Isaac both had done multiple successful films/tv shows, but nothing super gigantic. Daisy Ridley was basically an unknown, but she had the right look. All that combined, on paper, meant a solid cast within a reasonable price range. It's the same reason giant studios keep hiring low budget indie directors to do their franchise tentpole films. Sometimes it works very well, other times it crashes and burns, but money is a huge calculating factor.

iirc the intention was to go for a "super hero" look to match the toys that were popular at the time. I remember Mark Hamill cracking jokes about it in ToyFair or something.

Absolutely based. If Disney had any sense, they'd do a whole tv show about Rendar fighting Xizor.

Attached: xizor keikaku pose.png (600x548, 376.31K)

Still have it, and the Outrider.

I collected the backs of the action figures. I just liked them and liked to look at the other toys in the sets. Hell, I think GI JOE had points you could save up and send in for free shit. Fucking kino toys

Attached: 1607661580301.png (380x349, 100.97K)

I've been buying these 90s-2000s SW figures on ebay because they're cheap and fun

I remember stores in the mid to late 90's have having tons of lando figures nobody wanted.

I want this edited to be a white monster so bad it's unreal

That's dumb as fuck but I believe you
>buy franchise for $500 million
>won't spend 2 million on getting a strong cast of 4 for your cash cow films to easily make it back
Retarded

people really only focus on how much disney has mismanaged the star wars movies that no one really talks about how bad disney fucked up star wars in other ways, including toys and merchandising.

they fucked up so bad with the toy lines that toys r'us went out of business. they didnt figure out how to appeal to kids at all.

they also fucked up with video games. they shuttered lucas arts and basically ceded all the rights to EA and said 'do what u want' and EA just shit out some garbage battlefront and mobile games and thats it. we used to get multiple star wars games every year and with the way the gaming industry has eclipsed the movie industry its absolutely retarded that disney closed up lucas arts and didnt expand it.

and lastly and mostly least: the literature. disney pretty much killed the giant star wars novel and comic series and went for pumping out single one off novels and children's books. back in the 90s-00s every star wars book released was in a new york times top 100 best seller. while books dont make as much money as they used to, the star wars expanded universe DID make a lot money for pulp scifi garbage for kids, teens, and manchildren AND it helped prop up the rest of the star wars IP with an endless list of new characters, planets, and stories for other star wars products to pull from(some of the most popular toys and video games are based off expanded universe content) and the novels helped keep interest in the IP during lulls in content. by downsizing the star wars literature releases they shot themselves in the foot when it comes to coming up with new content for all their other star wars shit.

disney has really mismanaged star wars in absolutely every way possible.

>Why'd they make Han so buff though?
they made everyone more buff. it was mimicking previous popular toy lines like he-man, ninja turtles, and WWF wrestling figures. they are ACTION figures, not WIMP figures.

It's sadly how the industry works. See also entrusting the final season of the most popular TV show in history (Game of Thrones) to a pair of dudes who could not make it more clear they were done with it. What tv/film producers trust and don't trust is astounding.

>Absolutely based. If Disney had any sense, they'd do a whole tv show about Rendar fighting Xizor.
you know that was something lucas had passed on to them right? an idea for a tv series called Star Wars Underworld that would have been an anthology series.

han solo's back story, rogue one, the mandalorian, book of boba, etc are all a bastardization of the Star Wars Underworld idea. they instead wanted to make it into multiple shows and movies and now we're getting this mish mash of horrible + semi okay content.

they also really dont want to do shadows of the empire. they specifically got rid of xizor's black sun and replaced it with the disney nu wars 'crimson dawn' cartel instead. no xizor. no dash. ever. and you know what, thats a GOOD THING because god only knows what the fuck they would do to these characters. though i swear xizor's cyborg assassin Guri was briefly shown in the han solo film.

Just have a conversation with him. Ask him if you can put them in a box or somewhere so you can put your stuff out. Surely he would understand. You are a massive faggot if you end up trashing his collection without his permission.

>they shuttered lucas arts and basically ceded all the rights to EA and said 'do what u want'
If this wasn't the biggest red flag in the history of franchise mismanagement I don't know what is.

Oh man, I got so many of these as a kid. That packaging is nostalgic.

Is your brother a big Metallica fan?

He said
>their wasn't much original Star Wars stuff on the shelves for about a decade
which in the mid nineties was completely correct, after Jedi in 83 there weren't many Star Wars toys around until early-mid 90s or so
I still have this bad boy in a box somewhere

Attached: star-wars-action-fleet---imperial-at-at---galoob-ideal-p-image-364549-grande.jpg (1024x778, 124.25K)

because they want to make toys for Strong Bossy Female and not characters that are likable.

this post encapsulates it pretty well. despite this Disney is adamant on forcing nu-SW shit wherever they can. even the new Lego Star Wars games makes sure it focuses as much on Rey as possible. every time you load up the game it quotes her, and she's front and center on the start screen, even though no one likes her or cares about her or wants to see her.

To be fair, if they had good script/directors the main four of the new trilogy could have easily worked. Adam Driver and Oscar Isaacs are not bad actors by any means, and Boyega/Ridley can do good enough for a Star Wars film. They didn't support their actors enough.

Star Wars Action Fleet! and Star Wars: MicroMachines were the best toys ever made.

Attached: basedandmicropilled.jpg (752x450, 102.06K)

Because there are too many toys based on white men for their liking.

>Be kid
>Love Star Wars
>Buy and play with these
>Get 1 maybe 2 if good per two weeks for grocery shop with mom
>Can recall over 20 moments where a fat middle aged dude ripped it from my hands, hid under the shelfing, or watched them hide under shelfing too heavy to lift

is this what "BRONIES" are like or card collectors?

I just want an Ay-Tee Ay-Tee walker.

>At start of career faggot nerd kept affirming it was at-at walker and not Ay-Tee Ay-Tee

Could've been worse, they could've raped you then stole your figure.

Gotta shop that Han into picrel

Attached: XoPXrdJ.jpg (1170x1170, 250.88K)

Because Disney doesn't know anything about Star Wars but Lucas does. I love the actors in the Nu Trilogy and I love the designed of the costumes but the whole toyline packaging felt so sterile and "Star Wars™ Brand®" instead of cool sci-fi toys of rogues, villains, heroes, and robots.

>the virgin han vs the chad solo

John is English. That's what I hate about Disney. White racists complain about Mexicans taking their jobs but I'm here angry that they keep casting Bri'ish people as American characters.

JJ was a mistake. I don't give a shit if Lost was good or Star Trek was good. Now JJ will go down as being the worst thing that happened to Star Wars because Rian happens to be a good writer and director.

ITT: Fat neckbeard man-children crying over toys. All of you need to drink bleach.

Micromachines we're based.

Sorry you grew up on TikTok and fidget spinners.