2012+10

>2012+10
>STILL no real kino about the best villain in the Marvel line-up

Are they scared they'll fuck it up?

Attached: 1620572856685.png (781x1000, 1.31M)

If they try to bring Doom in because muh multiverse and shiet, i'm gonna be mad

>best villain in the Marvel line-up
redpill me on Doom, i'm not a Yea Forumsfag and never read the comics. what makes him so special? does he even have powers?

We live in a bizarro world where Carol Danvers, Falcon, Jessica Jones, Guardians of the Galaxy, Ms. Marvel, and are A-Listers and Silver Surfer, Dr. Doom, FF, X-Men have been relegated to secondary.

As someone who was reading comics in the 90s/early 2000s I actually remember when X-Men were the A-List team, Fantastic Four were Marvel's mascot, and Doom was the big bad.

ironman + dr. strange + vladimir putin

Disney can’t pull off the egomaniacal majesty of Doom. They already pussified Thanos.

He’s just based, simple as

Attached: doom.webm (640x360, 2.35M)

If you ask me for my favorite Marvel character I'd say Doom. Then if you'd ask me what his powers are I'd say I don't fucking know because I can never remember. Not electricity but something about electronics. And then he becomes a magicman sorcerer supreme too at some point

Basically this, only his kingdom is a literal goddam utopia.

It's worse when you're old enough to remember "Carol" as just Marvel Girl.

don't his 'people' revolt against him because he's a psychotic dictator though?

It's sad to watch

Attached: 235235252.png (390x384, 260.67K)

soul vs souless

She was a decent character as a sassy hot babe in the legacy of the original Mar-Vell

Then around 2015 or so Marvel relaunched her as a angry lesbian with god powers who has to be the leader of everything

are the fantastic four even that good in the comics? they've always seemed lower-mid tier to me, i can't imagine them doing too much in the grand scheme of things

I didn't even really care that they made Mar-Vell a woman. But to only give like 5 minutes of screen time, and then be given le smirking perfection...

You now remember when Marvel tried to make Kamala Khan their A-List Mascot for an entire video game that didn't have any x-men, FF, or spiderman and it bombed miserably

Attached: zvSWiedhxKP5XFq4g8YAXc.jpg (1920x1080, 1.37M)

Doom is arguably a close second at everything:

>Maybe not as staggeringly intelligent as Richards, but so close only the two of them can spot it.
>Not as brilliant an engineer as Stark, but rivaling him in every regard.
>Not as powerful a sorcerer as Strange, but easily outclasses every other adept.

No. In most Marvel universes he's loved by his people and his country is basically paradise.

They're reasonably scared of a few things:
>audiences will think he looks stupid
>audiences will think his name is stupid
>audiences will say "lol what's his power anyway"

He’s Tony Stark and Dr. Strange as European royalty.

>villain

They were dubbed "marvel's first family" until Disney acquired marvel studios and the MCU blew up

The Hickman run is good.

Attached: 81FlqKdFntL.jpg (1448x2226, 431.69K)

Who do you think is the perfect cast for Doom?

well what IS his power? don't dodge the question

Reed Richards discovered the Negative Zone and built the first portal between the universes. That was a pivotal moment in marvel comics story, because it opened the cosmic side of things. Thanks to that we have character like Thanos, Silver Surfer or Galactus. They have always been involved in the cosmic side of marvel comics.

>I'm sorry what was your name again?
>Victor Von Doom
>HAHAHAHHAH LMAO QUIP QUIP SO STUPID NAME HAHAHA QUIP QUIP
Great work marvel *clap clap*

Depends on the writer and the arc, but he’s typically been portrayed with his people fiercely loyal and treating him with a mixture of love, fear, and awe like a true god-king. And not because he’ll have them killed if they did otherwise. Doom legitimately loves his subjects and his chief reason for seeking power is to rule the world with the same stern, just hand that has brought Latverian into its own Golden Age. He’s harsh, but he’s fair, much like Stannis.

She was a literal in-universe redditor in that game.

>villain

Attached: 1637817872611.jpg (900x960, 108.31K)

That works. I'm more of a DC guy so it's a lot easier to think of him as just Marvel Black Adam

Dr. Doom is just smart and has good tech, later on Marvel made him a sorcerer on the tier of Dr. Strange.

So his powerset is ironman + sorcerer to explain it to normies

damn i forgot they actually did this with doc ock in the newest spidey movie. what the fuck were they thinking? why does it have to be constant jokes all the time?

Attached: 1626605208653.jpg (1124x1024, 182.89K)

He's smarter than Richards but he's always going against everyone alone. He's also fucked Richard's wife multiple times.

Sick beats bruv

Attached: 800px-MF_Doom_-_Hultsfred_2011_(cropped)[1].jpg (800x1062, 169.09K)

>smarter
It always seems like he's more cunning. The actual intelligence is to Richards, but Doom knows how to cut your throat with it.

I love the FF, especially Reed and Ben.

Ah, so he's like a modern rendition of a battle-mage? That's actually cool, not many characters like that I can think of. Why isn't he utilized more in media?

I was expecting check em

BASED

>fucked richard's wife multiple times
so has Namor

Shame MCU is casting a spic or w/e as him

Attached: 30e7ddaf1cb49fc76c78f703860d5d36.jpg (600x932, 155.17K)

Someone should edit this but every attack/projectile towards Doom is a >she/her

Rent Free

You have pleased Doom.

I remember reading some article a long time ago that Namor was the most powerful being on earth in the Marvel universe, was that ever true? Isn't he just not-aquaman?

>Why isn't he utilized more in media?
The Fox FF movies got mixed/bad reception and they thought normie audiences would get confused by the magic stuff so just gave him weird electro powers (granted the sequel downplays this)

Then Disney bought Marvel but didn't have the movie rights to spider-man, x-men, or fantastic four which stayed with Fox/Sony. They soft-embargoed these guys from 2013-2016 or so (spider-man was "killed", x-men broken up and attempted to be replaced with Inhumans, FF were cancelled altogether).

Because he’s too good to ruin.

how was thanos pussified? the only thing they changed from the comics version is he wasn't cucking himself out for Death, if anything they just made him more sociopathic

When did this thread get made? I'm currently in the Legion of Doom thread, trying to usurp Lex Luthor. I mean come on. It's not called the Legion of Luthor for a reason. I heard he has sex with black guys over the internet. Sticks his little white pecker thru a Boom Tube.

Attached: 55c91007dd0895b60c8b464d.jpg (1200x600, 51.09K)

Not even close. Idk who would claim that. Marvel universe (and DC for that matter) is so full of overpowered people it isnt even funny

pic related would splat Namor in seconds. So would Franklin Richards, Scarlet Witch if she had full control of her powers, Hulk, Moleculeman, Legion, etc.. The list goes on and on.

>not-aquman
He's aquaman if aquaman was edgy and didn't care about killing normies and sometimes was even an opponent to the justice league. Also he can fly but can't control fish.

In the comics Namor does shit like genocide Wakanda for instance, doubt movies will include that

Attached: 3463677.png (694x694, 1.11M)

Namor BTFOing Wakanda. Disney had just acquired marvel when this happened.

Attached: phoenix-five-namor-destroys-wakanda-1.jpg (2002x1540, 3.01M)

Why did he do that?

Not making him seek recognition from Death makes him significantly less sociopathic. He was killing half the universe just to see if she’d notice. He legit didn’t even know for sure.

>He's also fucked Richard's wife multiple times.
Who hasn't? (maybe) Johnny Storm?

Attached: TOrI5q03r47zXfC9kzuYaa4afsgH3DProKbyPVqPgs8[1].jpg (675x1024, 169.95K)

have you ever had black neighbors?

Rufus Sewell
He's got the voice and demeanour + swarthy enough to look like a gypsy

have cucks always been in the media industry? i thought it was a recent thing

Karl Urban. He'll keep the mask on.

It also sunk the superior Eidos Marvel game purely by association :(

Attached: 82EB22FB-D506-4962-A682-FDE2B0E503BE.jpg (2560x1521, 426.18K)

wait was that game any good? completely forgot about its existence

Because Black Panther and Namor have this back-and-forth grudge thing going back ages in the comics. Black Panther had Wakanda do some sort of raid on Atlantis as part of their feud and Namor gets empowered by the Phoenix Force and retaliates by destroying Wakanda.