>cable tv nostalgia

bros I miss just scrolling through the guide channel, looking for something to watch.

Streaming and Torrenting is so soulless.

Attached: 1jgu0h2wmfh01.jpg (480x360, 46.11K)

i miss tv guide i used to flip through it sometimes when bored

back in my day we had 3 channels and no remote

i literally watch Dish satellite, it looks strikingly familiar to that image
it's not that great, you find yourself recording to DVR to skip commercials, or flipping back and forth between several shows and movies

Attached: me.jpg (309x347, 32.17K)

I don't. Paying $120 a month to not control what you get to watch sucked. PlutoTV emulates what you miss by the way.

>Zoomers are nostalgic for this now
Just get one of those free streaming services that have a schedule with a ton of programs. Pluto TV has a schedule for airing programs.

Ill never understand the nostalgia behind channel surfing. Wtf do you mean soulless? Not being able to start a show on intervals of half an hour? Not watching commercials for 1/3 of the viewing time? Not actually choosing what to watch? Enjoying media has evolved, i dont need to spell out why cable TV is dead. Move on brah.

there are a lot of things to get nostalgic about. this is one of the things i am glad isn't necessary anymore.

>watch some show that's okay, but not great
>wait until commercial break
>go to tv guide channel
>just missed the 10-channel range that had all the good stuff
>have to wait another few minutes for it to scroll back to the relevant channels
>channel surf in the meantime
>come back
>you missed it again
checking the tv guide in the newspaper was better than this. i fucking hated that channel so much.

that was the worst though. on demand was the only good thing cable has done

I have a digital antenna and I love it. After streaming for so long its relaxing. You dont get decision paralysis as you sit there scrolling through random trash. I'll just watch random episodes of Nash Bridges and or Star Trek and zone out when Im tired. Its also free after the $25 or so bucks the antenna costs

>there are a lot of things to get nostalgic about.
the best thing about it is you stumble upon things and wind up enjoying a lot of new to you stuff

Attached: pogger.jpg (356x479, 27.98K)

Cable sucks, digital antennas are the shit. Sports, national and local news, comfy channels like MeTV and COMET are out there and are great considering its essentially free media. Yes, you can pirate or rent/buy almost anything on the planet, but I still enjoy real-time Star Trek and Svengoolie threads

Pluto has that shit and didn't cost me a satellite. Back in my day Comcast was pricey as fuck. Internet streaming is way more comfy. I can watch Star Trek 24/7 at random.

Paramount+, peacock, PlutoTV all have "channel surfing" modes that act just like boomer cable. PlutoTV even has a star trek channel. Personally I like PlutoTV for random Sci-fi goodness.

>Pluto has that shit and didn't cost me a satellite.
Are you retarded? A digital antenna has the physical footprint of a magazine and can cost under $10.

Attached: 074fea22-f158-4133-81a0-ee7ad7102b5c_1.f62bdefc6613fed008d663ec230367d7.jpg (1500x1500, 412.58K)

>You dont get decision paralysis
100% on the money there, when shit is just playing already and you happen in front of it, super comfy and is straight to the point

This.
I had the best package (which include those recording thingies) in the early 10's, never watched as much good stuff before or since. Netflix doesn't have jack shit in my country and most other services aren't available so the only "TV" I watch these days is the odd torrented movie. Those were good times, spending the afternoon just channel surfing
Oh shit captcha mtvy4

Why tf would I want an antenna duck taped to my wall for the 9 shit local channels that barely get reception?

Im not saying any of that is bad, or saying an antennas are better. Antennas are obviously antiquated, but I like them the same way I like terrestrial radio. I think having a digital antenna for what you get out of a one time purchase is a good buy. Its nice just flopping my ass down in a recliner with a remote.

I get over 50 channels, and why would you tape it to your wall?

Not having to watch commercials is worth it. I can't believe more people don't use adblockers

I can flop my ass down with a smart tv and still use my remote. You should really look into PlutoTV. I get MTV, All day Anime, live sports, live news from local stations, documentaries, everything cable and satellite has. Watching Naked and Afraid right now. It's comfy.

>mtv
been watching catfish pretty frequently, favorite thing on MTV, cannot believe how widespread that phenomenon is, LOL

Antennas only work where they get good reception. I hate them. I have several and they all suck. Niggas be putting them by their window to watch ABC news.

dude you just plug it into your tv and leave it in your drawer for all it matters, 5g blasting your brain at all hours of the night 'n shiet

I miss getting hard and starting during a sexy music video only for the video to end then having to flick through the other channels to find another music video to cum to

I was the remote.

I have nothing against PlutoTV. I never said a negative word about it. Idk if youre the same guy or not, but I mentioned something I enjoy and whoever starting having an asperger attack. I dont know why Ive been having to defend something that Im not even shilling, but for some reason a dude that says "duck tape" has been giving me grief.

and we had to share the batteries/

Lol what? I don't use 5g I use fiber optic. And again, I have several antennas from quality to economic, all shit. To each their own my dude. Antennas suck.

>real-time Star Trek threads
I so look forward to this

I want to make her gag on my dick fuuuuck

I never said you said anything bad about it. Calm down faggot, it's just entertainment. Everyone is allowed not have their preferences. I'm just here to say that yours is worse.

My digital antenna got me into watching Columbo, and a bunch of other stuff.

>be 10 years old
>parents buy a tv for my bedroom
>tv soon becomes my best friend
>tv keeps me entertained all day
>smile and laugh and cry to wonderful movies and shows
>masturbate to Cinemax movies and MTV music videos
>play N64 video games on it
>at midnight basic channels play national anthem and shows bald eagles and fireworks then shuts off
>turn it to TV Guide channel and fall asleep to the slow scrolling shows, volume turned down to a 5
Internet is great but I miss my best childhood friend.

For my fellow Bong chads

Attached: Toonami.jpg (480x360, 17.07K)

Attached: 51PB2ZXAA5L._SX355_.jpg (355x353, 18.61K)

:)

Lol what shit parents you had. Should have beaten you before bed.

You seem upset. Everything ok?

Nah, I'm comfy as fuck. You seem dumb though.

If you had a group over and you were going to a channel there was chance you might have to go through the sex channels while scrolling for something to watch.

Horny wet parties 6

>decision paralysis

Millennials are so weak they can’t even handle deciding how to spend their free time.

Kek

obligatory

Attached: A1AE1709-AACF-4807-9C9D-3714753F87F6.jpg (480x360, 17.14K)

I miss channel surfing. You used to be able to change channels instantly, now it takes several seconds to switch to something else.

das eet, you's a real one

Attached: bring_it.png (250x211, 95.09K)

Sounds like you live in Somalia.

>he says this from Wi-Fi

>boomers be like
>do i want to watch cape shit webslinging
>or capeshit edgy manbird

Coming from a person who says "duck tape" and cant understand a satellite vs a digital antenna, that doesnt mean a lot. You have a good evening though. Good luck with whatever got you all tissy

My TV, PC and most my devices use Ethernet.

Take care, faggot.

Attached: OIP.jpg (474x474, 28.76K)

Remember when you just hooked your TV directly to the coax jack in the wall to get cable TV?

Attached: 1624591813947.png (639x607, 122.65K)

>My TV uses Ethernet

Attached: face12.png (259x194, 4.94K)

A simpler time

Yes. It's an 8k smart tv. I run all my devices on Ethernet cables.

>brand duct tape

Attached: 1620258365074.jpg (519x519, 29.29K)

Oi, u got a license for that tv bruv? I’m calling constable telly on you.

You will never own name brand duct tape. You will never use band aids.

All the “people” waxing nostalgic for broadcast are literal retards, right?