Lynchfags can't refute this

Repeat after me:
"Gotcha!" symbolism is not symbolism!
>"Gotcha!" symbolism is not symbolism!
>"Gotcha!" symbolism is not symbolism!

If I make a movie where a character randomly begins to talk gibberish and then for a split second my yesterday's shit comes on the screen, it isn't symbolistical of the main character's will to live, despite what your favourite redditor essayist says. I'm just being le random and retarded, and you wasted your time for believing it's anything more than that.

To sum it up: Being random and retarded and then saying "GOTCHA!" It was DEEP! Is nonsensical. Lynch is basically "I am silly".
inb4 copes:
>bb-but L-Lynch never wanted his autism to have a singular meaning, it's up for interpretation!!!
Shows even more how much of a hack he is. He's the same as modern arts students who think vomiting paint is "high art".
>lynched, coped, filtered, seethe
not an argument

Attached: twinkpics.jpg (1316x1304, 73.89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mW65Taemqks
youtube.com/watch?v=Drq0whygb2M
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

based

Attached: Leland.jpg (376x250, 22.07K)

lynched

Thanks for the buml buddy!

bump*

I say this completely unironically and I am confident that this if fact. David Lynch doesn't care about or want you to understand the plot literally. He wants you understand it by how it makes you feel when you're watching it. Even if you cannot vocalize it to someone, you'll still understand it and he also wants you to have your own interpretation of what he's showing you. No single interpretation is correct. This is why he is one of the greatest living filmmakers. Remember this because I won't be writing it again.

No worries. Thanks for the (You).

[this thread has been pruned or deleted]

this is the entry-level interpretation.
you will get over it, i promise.
you're looking for the wrong things.
there's a lot about subconscious and the language of dreams.

So he's great because he's vague and it's up to you to find meaning in his random ass shit? Thanks for clearing it up even more that he's a hacko

based feelsposter

Attached: 1586795445138.jpg (626x418, 26.58K)

He's an artist who meditates, paints and considers his films and I quote "moving paintings". He's one of the last true artists left making films and you should consider yourself lucky to be alive to witness his work firsthand.

man this place is really dead, can't believe how many responses the worst fucking bait typically gets

> "Gotcha!" symbolism is not symbolism!
Hey, I remember you from the last Lynch thread. Imagine being so salty you got BTFO in that thread that you had to go away and come up with more pathetic shower thoughts. You really got LYNCHED hard, huh.

kek, thread died after my post, and I wanted to make a new one. Don't worry, you still have time for a rebuttal. If you can find one...
it ain't bait bubblebutt
Schizobabble is considered abstract art now?

Infinitely based

Attached: 1645743980997.png (715x538, 436.38K)

>echochamber

Lynch stuff is about just letting it happen. Movies are a passive entertainment. Just sit and watch and enjoy the imagery and sound and the actors. When the movie is done you can go from passive entertainment to an active discussion with other people about what just happened. Like if you know anything about UFO mythology Twin Peaks is filled with, but its also filled with the actions and consequences of people and the things they do to each other, so that makes it so you dont have to be 100% aware about UFO mythology. Its like Mulholland Drive. You dont need to know about how Hollywood produces films and TV, or where Mulholland Drive is where the Inland Empire is, or if people really hire killers, just kick back and enjoy the film and after you can talk to people about "what did this mean" or "why did they do this" and somebody can offer an interpretation based on what they think or know.

How's it an exhochamber when it's YOUR anti -Lynch thread, you fucking retard?

>it's up for interpretation!!!
It isn't though, that was never his intent.

it's great that people are still getting ass-blasted about surrealism this many years later

read then

Why?

>Marvel Infinity War is about just letting it happen. Movies are a passive entertainment. Just sit and watch and enjoy the imagery and sound and the actors. When the movie is done you can go from passive entertainment to an active discussion with other people about what just happened. Like if you know anything about UFO mythology Infinity War is filled with, but its also filled with the actions and consequences of people and the things they do to each other, so that makes it so you dont have to be 100% aware about UFO mythology. Its like Mulholland Drive. You dont need to know about how Hollywood produces films and TV, or where Mulholland Drive is where the Inland Empire is, or if people really hire killers, just kick back and enjoy the film and after you can talk to people about "what did this mean" or "why did they do this" and somebody can offer an interpretation based on what they think or know.
See how retarded you lynchfags sound? Drop the faggy mmmmmmuh art and face the reality: lynch is a hack

> Don't worry, you still have time for a rebuttal. If you can find one...
These two already hit the nail on the head: lynch is a wizard in plumbing the depths of the unconscious. things might seem superficially vague and esoteric but that’s because you’re so used to creators spoonfeeding you with pointless exposition and constant handholding visual cues going “Do you get it? Did you get it yet?”. Lynch doesn’t patronise his audience with such nonsense, nor does he want you to try and explain away his films by boiling them down to easily discernible themes. That kind of reductive approach to art completely kills what is so ineffably beautiful about Lynch’s work. It’s literally why he was so furious that the studio forced him to reveal who killed Laura Palmer- once the mystery is gone, the magic goes with it.

>if I force a faulty analogy that makes me right!
Stop arguing in bad faith and just accept you’re a midwit. Humility is the first step to appreciating Lynchkino.

yet you fags suck his dick and reply to your own faggy shit like it's no tommorow

Attached: 1618588142287.webm (538x400, 2.85M)

You made this cope thread but you’re clearly not capable of having a civil discussion about this, you just want to shitfling like a retarded baboon. Stick to capeshit, seriously. Anything even slightly beyond that is clearly too much for you.

Unironically: I think I fucking get it. I think you convinced me user. I thought that you fags thought he's some kind of big deep wise genius who gives the audience clues through random gay ass symbolistic shit. But if you say he's not about that pseud fart sniffing stuff, then damn, it makes sense in a way. Maybe I'll see it that way then. You got this one lynchfags.

This will go over most posters' heads.

>MUH DEEP

based, downloading this doc now

Lynch’s work centers around visceral and emotional reactions. Why do you think he always looks pained when people ask him what x thing meant? The guy puts the evocative nature of his work above any traditional aspect of storytelling - to the point his stories outright suffer for it - and viewers still can’t stop trying to rationalize every single thing, no matter how elusive or nonsensical.

>Lynch
>symbolism
what

If that's what you think I was saying, it's just proof it went over your head.

Just let me enjoy the kino man. The dude just likes doing weird shit on the screen and it appeals to my schizophrenic brain. Now please let me be at peace at the roadhouse bro.

Why are Lynchfags so easy to bait? All you have to do is say his movies sucks and you'll have tons of replies saying that he isn't, or anons screaming LYNCHED.

Attached: 1648595397382.jpg (612x612, 116.94K)

I feel like much of the backlash directed at Lynch's style comes from the bad taste that "modern art" has left in the mouths of the public (I use the term "modern art" to denote a specific abstract style). A lot of that bullshit really was made up, meaningless nonsense (and sometimes even funded by the CIA). But I think that sort of abstraction works better on film and I think Lynch is a good example of a succesful attempt. His films have a more limited focus than the works you think of when you hear the word "abstract art." You can always feel the presence of his intent even if you don't exactly know what his intent is, and his emphasis on intuition and mental/emotional impressions made by the imagery and mood make for a wonderful viewing experience. I do truly believe Lynch knows exactly what he's saying in every film he creates and I think the choices he makes are very deliberate, though sometime spontaneous (and not always effective). I understand why it's hard for people to enjoy something that uses such an unconventional method of storytelling, but I encourage the critics to really try and sit down and watch the films using their intuition as Lynch suggests. Set a mood, don't watch Mulholland Drive at 8 am while you're drinking coffee. Feel the atmosphere that he's trying to present to you. I think you might be surprised and find you enjoy it if you go into each film with an open mind. And don't forget, film is a visual as well as aural medium. Plot is only one part of the whole.
With all that said, I also adore his more down to Earth films like The Elephant Man and I think anyone can appreciate those without much effort.

Why are you so obsessed with symbolism and what don't you like about it? You implied they're nonsequiturs but his movies became (for better or worse) more dream logic based as he got older.

their kinobrains are full of cum

>thought that you fags thought he's some kind of big deep wise genius who gives the audience clues through random gay ass symbolistic shit
Don’t get it twisted- he does leave clues for his audience to follow. We all have to use our own intuition in piecing the puzzle together. But the mistake you’re making is thinking it all eventually leads to “something” in some big grand symbolistic sense. What makes Lynch so special is that he NEVER allows you narrative closure, he NEVER gives you a satisfying explanation which ties everything together in a neat little bow. There’s a reason why dreams play such a big part in his films- dreams often feel like they symbolise something. But what that is is entirely up to how we interpret the events of the dream. Two people could have the same identical dream and yet it won’t ever mean the same thing to each person. The same goes for Lynch’s films.

I don’t even like Lynch, but OP’s critique is retarded.almost as retarded as lynchfags themselves.

suck my puppy dick

youtube.com/watch?v=mW65Taemqks

youtube.com/watch?v=Drq0whygb2M

That's cool user. Then perhaps I am not ready for Lynch. I need to feel the call of something before enjoying it. So basically when his work will call to me then I might truly enjoy it. I am being filtered now. But I will reach the need for this kind of work one day.

>MUH YOU DONT UNDERSTAND
>MUH DEEP
More midwit copes there yet user?

It's your posts that read like seething cope.

Give The Elephant Man a try. It’s probably the closest he’s come to making a traditional film, but still indulges small elements of dream logic and surrealism.

i hate how lynch's fanbase now is full of early 20s trannies who pretend to understand art because they just found out on the internet that liking his films give you cool/sophisticated cred
and lynch's films are so easy to consume as far as arthouse goes so it requires no work from these faggots to pass as an actual ENJOYER of cinema

look at these retards:
they keep regurgitating these tired opinions that they've heard in a youtube video essay as their own but they don't understand his work OR filmmaking in general.
and yes im smarter than you and ywnbaw

Dangerously based.

Attached: 1649796214206.png (680x419, 241.56K)

The Straight Story is even closer to a typical film. It's a charming story, too, so maybe give that one a shot if you just want to watch a nice film by Lynch.

I'm sorry about your insecurity, user. Try hopping off the internet for a while.

>”no one understands Lynch except me!”
>doesn’t give his own take demonstrating he’s more than just a posturing brainlet
I can smell a pseud from a mile off, and you absolutely reek.

Attached: 5FAE4959-6530-4186-BA6A-234F4CFA5FCF.jpg (750x747, 280.15K)

im smarter than you, trannie

>can't even spell tranny
Sure you are, kek.

based as fuck

Here comes the bigger fish. All of you are fucking fags, don't act smart because you're faggier than the lynch fags

It's really simple, he's telling a story with emotions you feel and it doesn't matter the logic of how he evokes that feeling. It's almost like he's playing a song on your brain with emotions as the notes:

amusement,-nostalgia-amusement-(pause)-dread-disarming lightness-dread-horror...etc.

He'll make a scene do whatever it takes to get that emotional reaction at that moment, plot be damned. If he needs a chicken to stride in wearing a tutu then he'll do it and not worry about it making sense.

Attached: 1620857222527.webm (646x480, 2.87M)

>The Road to Bresson
Another one, thank you