ITT: Movies hated by mainstream critcs that are actually pretty good

>ITT: Movies hated by mainstream critcs that are actually pretty good

pic related, I have to assume Costner pissed off the wrong people in Hollywood with how trashed this movie was on release

Attached: MV5BYzE4NTRmMDYtNWYzYi00YmNkLTk4NDEtYjFmMDc4ODQ3ODY2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTUyMzE4Mzg@._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x1489, 154.28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/JXIG701FGDQ
youtu.be/r6921JP8MpU
youtu.be/H1fADiUWv48
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

one of the most basedest movies ever made

pure reddit repellent and midwit filter

nah is just that for the time it was an average movie.
if you compared with the utter shit hollywood makes this days,its actually very good.

mad max on the ocean is pure kino

I guess the producer kikes were mad because it was twice a SC expensive as it needed to be

It could have been shorter. It should have embraced the camp more.
His boat was fucking cool.

watch ulysses cut

Waterworld is a good movie and I try to spread this view anywhere I can
Does it have flaws? Yes, of course, like most movies. It is above all a post apocalyptic adventure with great action, decent acting, and an interesting world. Most of its maligning by critics was actually due to the constant bad news that came out of its production. Filming on the sea is hard as fuck (something that is not a problem today which is why theyre bringing it back as a series) and this news sunk it early. Its actually one of the first instances of a movie bombing due to headlines about its production tainting it.

>Its actually one of the first instances of a movie bombing due to headlines about its production tainting it.
kevin costner isnt the greatest actor in the universe either

Science fiction isn't for everybody. And Kevin Costner was known for his dramatic roles. But I'm with the Patrice O'Neal school of thought on Waterworld. No one has been able to provide a cogent and coherent reasoning for why for why the movie sucks.

i've been obsessed with this movie lately, I even watched all the Atoll channel content

youtu.be/JXIG701FGDQ

Attached: WaterWorldLude.webm (1280x720, 1.24M)

Sniff sniff

>I have to assume Costner pissed off the wrong people in Hollywood
Studios were afraid that Costner's success as a producer might lead to another "United Artists"-type situation and cut them out of the equation. It's pretty much confirmed a wide-scale smear campaign against this movie was ordered to tank it.

Funkopop collecting cosumerist capeshitters seethe because a director dared to make a superhero movie for the audience comicbook superheroes are made for: kids.

To me, this is one of my favourite childhood movies together with Jumanji, Honey, I shrunk the kids and a few others.

Attached: batman-und-robin-social.jpg (1278x671, 50.9K)

There's a million of them but the one that actually surprised me when I saw the super low critic score was Hook. Yeah cheesy kids movie and all but I love that bitch

>it's a waterworld thread

Time to get comfy, cousins!

This and Year of the Dragon are two of the finest films ever made. Cimino is a genius and critics are all liberal retarded nigger worshippers

Attached: images (2).jpg (1175x1763, 347.84K)

>No one has been able to provide a cogent and coherent reasoning for why for why the movie sucks.
I can't root for a piss drinking fish man.

I agree with the idea that this movie is underrated based on the reviews it was met with. I would say it's main problem is that it isn't very well paced, there's a big stretch in the middle where they're just drifting, and after the big battle scene on the oil tanker it seems to take forever to actually wrap things up.

Vanilla sky

Ben Hur 2016, most underrated film of the century.

>I can't root for a piss drinking fish man.
he was deeply autistic,antisocial and befriended a cute loli who and protected her.
Yea Forums's wet dream (pun intended)

>Time to get comfy

Attached: download (54).jpg (1500x806, 69.63K)

Anyone retarded enough to try to remake Ben Hur, be involved with the film or even support the film is a mouth breathing faggot. Original is one of the best films of all time and holds up perfectly

kino

Attached: MV5BMjMzMTk5OTgzMF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNDkwNjY0MTE@._V1_FMjpg_UX640_.jpg (640x948, 143.27K)

It's loli piss though

Here we see Enola (the little girl) and Helen (the woman) having collected their urine in cups. Helen asks the Mariner (Kevin Costner) why he doesn't use sea water. His response: seawater is harder on the filters. In the next shot, he combines their urine, runs it through the filter, and then drinks it.

Attached: 1567725587106.png (1920x1040, 2.9M)

As in "actually good", not "guilty pleasure" (actually was thinking about starting thread like that...)? Then it is Troy for me.
I had no idea it got bad reviews.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1000x1458, 677.54K)

>filtering loli pee
what a fag

do people hate it?
i thought the deal was that it was, at the time, the most expensive film ever made and it only had a moderate success at the box office
like it was a huge studio gamble and people just watched other movies instead of this one

He sucks on the filter though

Many people hate it for some reason. I've seen it once many year ago and I liked it.

it was another silly 90's action movie,it had a market to be successful.
but he had to compete with arnold,stallone and the other ones.

Attached: t76t76t67t.jpg (1246x666, 62.42K)

It drags during the mining part, but other than that an absolutely solid Verbinski flick.

Attached: TheLoneRanger2013Poster.jpg (259x384, 24.51K)

My favorite was batman forever.I really like shumaker vision of gotham.

Depp cannot shake is inner jack sparrow in this one.

Any movie that opens Kevin Costner drinking his own piss is based on my book.

Cool setting, villain is dogshit, Costner is subpar Mad Max.

I really liked Moonfall. It was a dumb summer blockbuster but it knew that and didn't take itself too seriously. And it was cool to see a space shuttle launching out of a tsunami, i dont give a fuck if its not deep or insightful, the CGI was good enough that it didnt look gay

Anyone tried watching this and enjoyed it? supposedly the biggest box office bomb of all time, came around Waterworld's time as well

Attached: MV5BNjg0ZjIzMDYtNmUyNS00NzQxLWFhZGQtOGYzMzE0ZWEwM2UxXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDI2NDg0NQ@@._V1_.jpg (1974x2919, 1.82M)

Attached: rr34r34r34r34r545r.jpg (280x318, 34.8K)

It does suck though.

no, that is shit

Attached: bungee.webm (1280x720, 2.37M)

my sister told me that costner developed water cleaning technology to make this movie and is now a vagillionaire because of it

Starship Troopers and Showgirls. Genuinely great movies

Attached: Push A Button.webm (922x500, 2.92M)

I don't remember it looking this stupid. Okay changing my mind, this movie is garbage.

This movie is falsely told being 'really bad'. Its not, its actually really important film for Hollywood in production contract wise, because i think what ended up happening was the people who we're supposed to make the movie had to pay bills for advertising, and they did have no money left. Now the distributor is bound to pay the advertise or whatever, sorry i have fever i dont remember this exactly but it was something like this what happend.

Literally one of the most kino movies ever created and it got shit on for no reason
I dunno what Carpenter did to piss off critics and hollywood in general but all his movies are great and shat on at the same time, it's wild

Attached: the-official-making-of-big-trouble-in-little-china-9781608868711_hr.jpg (1721x1399, 363.88K)

Literally just Escape from New York with a side of rice

Attached: Masturbation Reference.png (1366x768, 994.5K)

Reminder that the only reason this movie gets shat on is because Costner tried to pull a Based Mel and cut out the jews to produce this himself.

escape from new york can only wish it was that kino

interesting. get well soon user

Attached: 1620425878691.gif (640x640, 2.77M)

>one of the most kino movies ever created
I mean it's definitely entertaining and all but let's not get carried away.

youtu.be/r6921JP8MpU

god damn the bbc is so cukced

>Original is one of the best films of all time and holds up perfectly
I assume you're referring to the original 1925 silent film right?

Looks fun, gonna give this a watch later

Not a movie, but Korra was good

Attached: 1413607140930.jpg (1280x720, 171.62K)

why make an entire video about an "atoll" and not find out how to pronounce it?

I suspected as much

critics like starship troopers though

Attached: GeenaDavisGrope.webm (638x272, 726.86K)

>Original
you mean the 1959 remake you uncultured faggot?

actually gave me smile

thanks fren

ll

Why do modern movie posters look like they where photoshoped by a high school media class? Why spend millions of dollars shooting a movie just to cheap out on the poster?

the guy is somewhat autistic, which is why we have a channel dedicated to every single detail of Waterworld

ZARDOZ is kino of the highest order. youtu.be/H1fADiUWv48

>Why spend millions of dollars shooting a movie
lmao

Attached: 1625499157410.jpg (640x412, 45.93K)

what is even going on here