I don't get it

I don't get it

How is that relevant to the plot

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-13 205144.png (2434x1634, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just some American stuff.
t. scandi

Normalfags are obsessed with minute, stupid, irrelevant things to make them seem different and unique.

When the poster (female), was in high school, somebody pointed at her insulin pump and said
>what's that thing?
and thus sparked a life long insecurity over absolutely nothing

Character with STDs from rape when? I need to feel validated

Imagine your favorite movie, except all the actors are black. Is it still your favorite movie?

INGEST MORE SUGAR

>Crying face emote
>mentioning a little girl
Jesus christ

Attached: 1649766729305.png (2762x1298, 21.77K)

Did they even have CGMs back in 02, I thought they were a fairly recent invention.

One of my favorite movies is Friday, so yeah it would pretty much be the same movie.

>scene of a young girl coming home to a drunk uncle who then beats and rapes her
>"OMG SHE'S JUST LIKE ME!"

Attached: 1649876447154.jpg (571x548, 47.59K)

even if kids see Turning Red they still won't know what that patch is since it's not adressed at all in the movie

so what's the point?

>someone asks
>you explain
>they say ok because it's nothing really out of the ordinary
>continue to seethe about it decades later
What causes this?

contrary to the opinion of this board that kind of representation goes way back if you watch old stuff you'll see representations of disabled people, midgets and so on like in total recall it doesn't make your movie better but the authors get good guy points

Attached: _snapshot_17.27.577.jpg (1280x720, 78.66K)

It's all about that ESG score.

Attached: 1633803625621.png (1119x797, 231.55K)

>look at us! subhuman genetic garbage exists!
OK

would watch

Where is schizoid khv neet representation?

Attached: 1608508085711.jpg (752x469, 24.27K)

If everyone was black in Joker, it would be niggerkino
>Yo DAWG, how boutta nother joke, num'sayin
>AW HAIL NO

Overinflated sense of self-worth
>you're special, you're the most important person, you can be anything you want, you're perfect
>Hey what's that visible imperfection
>cue eternal seething at the symptom rather than the problem

I don't even understand what "validation" means any more

>What causes this?
X X chromosomes

those sorts of people are in Total Recall as freaks, to emphasize the fact that the lower classes are mutated, degraded, downtrodden

What you finna get crossin a crazy nigga wif a system that be fuckin him over? SHEEEEEEEEEEEIT

How do I know if I'm valid or not? What if I'm invalid and I don't even know it? Am I gonna be okay? I'm scared bros

Joker and Drive

I understand your point but "muh plot" is something that only reddit youtubers care about

I mildy get this tho. when i was young I blew out my knee playing sports, and then recovered, first game back blew my knee out again. I remember watching movies being jelly that I couldnt move the way the heros did without blowing out my knee, but then batman had a knee brace on in the dark knight rises and I felt le validated.

YA GIT WHATCHU FUCKIN DESERVE NIGGA

mental illness is so chic right now

There already is representation for diabetic kids in animation.

Attached: scott.jpg (225x224, 8.26K)

>validated
Is someone trying to oppress people with diabetes?

Weren't chuds complaining they couldn't identify with the cast?

I've seen the movie twice and I could not tell you where this character appears.

i dont recall these existing 20 years ago or whenever this movie is set. they only started popping up recently for arm patch diabetic shit.

>I've seen the movie twice
Why did you do that?

Not directly but society presents them with constant unnecessary struggled. If we really cared about the diabetic, there would be public insulin pumps and free blood sugar stations, but instead we force the diabetics to fend for themselves

daughter and wife

I'm not gonna lie dude, the OP girl looks cute as fuck, almost like a baseline female cute character model, than then it's stretched in every direction to make the actual movie cast

30% of american kids are diabetic so yes everyone under 25 knows

Disney are celebrating globocorp corn syrup poisoned trash diets and that's heckin cool

>How is that relevant to the plot
It isn't. It's a small little detail that barely anyone will ever notice. The author is a retard for making an article about it and you're an even bigger retard for making a bait thread about it.

> How is that relevant to the plot
It’s not, but plotfags are retarded anyways so it’s not like it matters.

>society presents them with constant unnecessary struggled
>but incels, mentally ill loners and other marginalized outcasts are good targets for more oppression because they're ugly and hurt my fee fees
I hate society so much it's unreal

Attached: 1649878541200.png (295x229, 92.23K)

>EVERYONE MUST BE INCLUDED
Literal mental illness

It's the opposite they have extremely low self esteem

My condolences

Everything must be represented at all times!
Artistic integrity and story cohesion be damned!

shut up incel

>all black Forrest Gump
I think the film would end rather abruptly

No they don't, that's the front their ego tells them to put on

I’m Scott Malkinson I have diabetes.

I havent heard this

VALIDATE ME, NAMELESS FACELESS CORPORATION
VALIDATE ME HARDER

estrogen

>chuds
You mean anyone who isn't a 13yo Asian girl living in Toronto? Kinda rude.

someone please explain to me how representation matters (in fiction movies) at all? validated from having seeing a character depicted in media who shares some of your external characteristics ?! even if the reason is stupid I just wanna get it

Attached: 1614547579862.jpg (480x640, 161.18K)

As someone from the diabetic community this is actually kind of heart warming. Why do fags need to be negative about it? Let people be excited

You people will get mad about anything.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Creeping_normality

>someone please explain to me how representation matters
It doesn't. The only things any writer should be caring about is writing a good story and 3 dimensional fleshed out characters. Now we live in a world where everyone is an unironic self-inserter. Superficial external traits means more than anything to them because they've been thoroughly brainwashed. Because writing shit is easy and writing good shit is hard. Why bother when the cattle eat everything up?

>How do I know if I'm valid or not? What if I'm invalid and I don't even know it?
It's simple.

Attached: 1611768666662.jpg (626x766, 136.81K)

Society is collapsing...

...not fast enough

>movie includes guy who takes a shower every time he takes a dump
>Oh my heckin' Goderino I'm finally being represented in the media

Attached: 1597522693801.png (596x1008, 85.04K)

I'm all for the diabetic stuff, the girl coming of age and period shit. My issue is disney pushing the idea of disobeying your parents and selling your body in a movie for children.

Der untergang des abendlandes

Oh you have a community now? Do you have little meetings where you compare blood sugar levels? Fuck off

>I'm all for the diabetic stuff, the girl coming of age and period shit
Are you a feminist?

The general idea is that these people feel they are being 'othered' constantly in their day to day life for being different. For example, many Asians resent the sterotype that most Asians in film are expert martial artists or that they all have overbearing 'dragon lady' mothers. So a character like Glen from The Walking Dead counts to them as representation because he doesn't. He is closer to a stereotypical white protagonist, and he even gets the girl.
But that is the problem right there: assumptions. I've never once seen a single character on film or on TV that represented me and my experience, but I don't whine about it. I don't get on twitter and explain about any character who has naturally curly hair and how OMG THATS SO MEEEEEEE!
Because it isn't. It doesn't matter.

Attached: 1649482818622.png (588x712, 510.61K)

I want more herpes and hemorrhoid representation

Attached: finnish philosophy.jpg (617x392, 28.42K)

My problem was they couldn't even stay on target with the message. The panda metaphor wasn't consistent. It changed a couple of times and kept going into different territory. The minute they started introducing the girl selling herself you knew where the movie was going to go, but then again they already established that. The little foreign girl lives at a temple and her family makes money off of acting as tour guides. They are already whoring themselves to the locals, so why is it a problem that the daughter finds a new way to do it?

Most people who didn't identify with the main characters kept their mouths shit because they knew a cartoon need not reflect their own childhood. Except for a small subsection of right wing internet weirdos with an unhealthy amount of obsession with children's entertainment.

Most posters here are unironicaly mentally ill. It's funny for shitposts but thread with caution