Was he ever good?

Was he ever good?

Attached: MV5BMjEwMzg5MTUwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI2NDE2NQ@@._V1_.jpg (512x384, 17.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CYjRStmZFWM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

His humor’s pretty cringe, but I can’t bring myself to hate someone who single-handedly defied cancel culture.

Not really, he was just one of the first to be successful

I have never seen a single one of his videos and it makes me feel special that I haven't

I only know who this guy is because I watched the AVGN back then
Can't believe they're both still at it like 15 years later

A bat credit card?

yeah he was alright

MELVIN
MELVIN
BROTHER OF THE JOKER

Same with me. I discovered him through the "fued" that they had. Weird to think that was 16 years ago.

youtu.be/CYjRStmZFWM

Introduced me to The Room. That review still holds up and is kino. I remember when Tommy got super pissed and tried take it down from Blip

>SCREAMING IS FUNNY

american humour

He looks so much like my dad, I hate that. My dad was a notorious pedophile too. He bought my mom when she was 13 from her crackhead parents for $300 when he was 35 and kept her prisoner in his home deep in the country where no one could help and kept her there for 4 years until she escaped. Also he killed at least 12 people that I'm aware of. Good thing he is dead now. I found one of the dead bodies down by the creek buried in a shallow grave

great filler entertainment. never funny enough to make you laugh out loud but just enough to keep you sitting there watching.

I know I'm in the minority, but for me it's post-Demo Reel when he got good.

Attached: the lost episode.jpg (1280x720, 84.66K)

reddit the person

Reddit hates him

Was good and is good. Doug has improved over the past 5 years while Bimmy Rolfe has sunk into a hole

Attached: Screenshot_20220411-114401_Chrome.jpg (1080x658, 153.08K)

You have to go b-ACK.

08-12 reviews are peak comfy and the Bebe's Kids review is unironically funnier than most AVGN episodes

Why top 11? Because I go One step beyond.

Attached: 1648754564595.jpg (720x487, 45.66K)

BIG LIPPED ALIGATOR MOMENT

>implying Bamesy's ass kissers arent the real trannies

Attached: 9CF048A9-94E6-43D3-B000-C0252F51179C.png (448x479, 12.18K)

That would be Babish.

Yes I like the home alone 3 skits and more "recently" the mary poppins video was good.

> I remember when Tommy got super pissed and tried take it down from Blip
Everyone forgets that Doug played a huge role in making The Room famous.

Somewhere out there Allison is pissed because she isn’t the first

>claims him to be reddit
>even reddit hates him
Yep Doug is based

Attached: D24613D8-2A3E-4477-87E4-7E9D96B47654.png (1334x750, 1.4M)

All of the bad people in life hate him. Hating or appreciating Doug is a morality test.

A BAT, CREDIT CARD!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!!?!?!?!

Attached: 1645482334195.jpg (646x431, 20.73K)

reddit face

Remember the time he killed Pink Floyd?

Attached: 9BA1BCDF-A3E7-43D0-992F-EA59FA4A16D6.png (600x600, 84.4K)

>the furry OC part
Ludokino.

Unironically the single greatest scene in any NC video

The amount of seething this generated was phenomenal.

It wasn't seething, Doug, it was dumbfounded horror.

It was all so fake and gay.

>make audition for female version of himself
>chooses a feminist who is also a raging whore who becomes their collective cumdumpster
>completely get away scott free
how the fuck did he do it?

Attached: tumblr sjws in a nutshell.png (550x1800, 821.06K)

Yeah, back in the early days with a small budget and maybe some help from friends, he touched on a lot of obscure or old media that hadn't gotten mainstream attention. His jokes were pretty funny and made for really entertaining videos.

He fell off in recent years due to unfortunately getting popular as he shoved his head up his own ass and the entire Channel Awesome imploded around him

This did help him realize that huge productions just aren't going to work and he needs to focus on the movies themselves not making 15 minutes skits to bloat the videos and trying to shove in as much current age political commentary as he could.

I will say while I don't like any of his videos where he has to do skits for everything as opposed to showing footage from the films and shows he was reviewing, I give credit that Youtube was and still is being a nightmare about what they would or would not take your entire channel down for.

Why did you think anyone on here would believe you?

don't forget
>said feminist talks shit about him every time he or his site is brought up
>Doug actually has a steady income, an extremely devoted austismal fanbase AND he got through a #metoo "scandal" unscathed
>meanwhile the aforementioned feminist got cancelled and betrayed by her own "fans" and she shat blood

what were they THINKING?

He didn't defy anything, he's legitimately autistic and didn't realize anything was going on.
They were only ever trying to 'cancel' him for being a shitty employer so it's an easy one to shrug off

but how did he do that?

>doug has improved
While I'm certain he hasn't, imagine watching nostalgia critic in current year

Yeah, I was seething when an autistic guy made a full-length the wall parody with furries

Most tubers who make fun of NC should wish they'd be 1/10 as good as him. People like Ralph or the #ctc backstabbers talk shit but consistently fail to produce anything funny or influential. But what I admire the most about Doug is that he's not afraid to put his ideas out there. He's unaffected by the neurotic, overly-cynical zeitgeist that seems to have taken over the Internet. Doug is one of the few people that look genuinely happy about what they are doing in their life. Think about the last time Spoony, RLM, AVGN, Lupa, Linkara, Angry Joe or any other e-celeb actually looked happy about their life.

He's somehow both a joke but also the last man standing with a fanbase and income. Does Film Brain have that these days?

Attached: doug post.png (648x202, 61.63K)

>doug voice
SHE KIIIIIILLED AN INFANT!!!! SHE KILLED A FREAKING BABY?????? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT???? SHE KILLED....
SHE JUST KILLED....
AN INFANT!!!!!
>fires his gun in the air
I MEAN ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME? SHE'S JUST GONNA GET AN ABORTION??? WHAT KIND OF CRITIC IS THIS??? WHAT WAS SHE THINKING???? SHE KILLED!
AN!
INFANT!
>drinks oversized bottle of whiskey
>more gunfire
I MEAN, WHAT?? SHE'S JUST GONNA KILL A LITTLE FREAKING BABY???? AND EVERYONE'S JUST GOING TO ALLOW IT???? WHAT THE HELL!!?? AND SHE DOESN'T EVEN REGRET IT??? HOW IS THIS ALLOWED!!!! SHE KILLED A FREAKING BABY!!!!

He knew about JewWario. That’s why Channel Awesome fired him. Doug also knew enough about tort law not to tell other members of the site about JW raping his fangirls.

I wouldnt say good, but I can sorta respect him for accepting he has reached his peak

That's true, i forgot about that. Funny that all the ex-employees were so autistic they didn't think to make the jewwario thing front and center

>Spoony
Has he an hero’d yet?

I've never seen anyone make this joke but it's great that spoony has munchausen's because "chronically ill" munchausen's communities refer to themselves as spoonies

I've been watching NC for almost ten years. People tend to judge him only by his worst work but he's made tons of entertaining reviews. I like to put his videos on the background while I'm doing something else, it just puts me in a good mood. My least favorite videos are from the Rachel era but most of them are still watchable.

I honestly believe they didn’t know until the rumor mongers put it together years later. I remember one of the female (don’t remember which, they kinda blur together) from CA complaining about how no one told her about it so that she wouldn’t have to work with him - which tort law forbids

I used to watch nostalgia critic when i was ten or eleven, probably around '08. I don't get how someone wouldn't get tired of the whole shrieking at movies routine. Him and AVGN both had some funny videos but I don't know, I just grew out of it

And now you're on Yea Forums. Being a cunnysseur is in your blood.

This could be true. We know doug's handler was firing anyone for anything so maybe they had no idea

>Angry Joe
I at least respect him for his consistency and the sheer amount of content he puts out

I want to fuck that cat thing

Attached: 2F55D6E8-59F7-46E8-B1CD-6263A8E1E930.png (828x930, 470.67K)

They put so many lies (the lack of food and water on set, the infamous Applebee's accident) in the #ctc document that I doubt we'll ever know the full truth about JewWario. I remember the members making a big deal about the adult victim feeling "mentally younger", which seems a manipulative and scummy move add weight to their case.

The shit about no food and water on set is funny and i wholly believe it. I agree the CTC people did a terrible job but you have to understand every single person involved in this is mildly-to-moderately autistic, except for maybe Lindsay and Rob Walker

The Wall review is such a fascinating piece of internet media. I never finished the actual review but I have watched many analysis and commentary videos and it hasn't gotten boring so far. Even when Doug fails he manages to make something worth talking about. There's a bit of genius to his madness imho.

GET OUT OF HERE YOU GODDAMN ELEPHANT

Depends if you ever liked his style of humor.

It helped that he was among the first to do such things and gain mass appeal. People say it was only because he kept bothering AVGN to do a crossover in order to increase his popularity. But it was also a smart decision because it worked out for him.