Will Poulter

>Will Poulter
>Mads Mikkelsen
>Samuel L Jackson

Why are all the hacks that act in Marvel and Star Wars films suddenly going after method actors?

Attached: jackson.png (1543x1120, 1.32M)

Other urls found in this thread:

vulture.com/2017/08/robert-pattinson-had-a-nsfw-scene-with-a-dog-in-good-time.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't see how method acting isn't LESS impressive than being able to switch on & off from a character. Wouldn't that take more talent?

furthering the hollywood agenda to demoralize and destroy american kino

OP is seething

Attached: 1463250078398.jpg (850x400, 63.35K)

These guys are all "based" as you kids love to say.

Do negroes actually think their opinions matter?

Yet Hoffman is the better actor.

Test

>acting should be a fun and safe job

imagine believing that

>method
more like buzzword

Are you out of your mind?

Dog Day Afternoon mogs Olivier

>a literally who copes and seethes at a beloved actor who's roles have stood the test of time
>"heh, gottem"

Attached: 1522752348635.jpg (249x252, 4.67K)

gauntlet thrown nigga

Because method """acting""" goes contrary to the whole point of acting.

Jimmy Carrey walked away so they need to dab on him.

These guys really hate Jared Leto. Ever since Jared Leto said he does method acting the MSM and actors are all talking shit about it.

>Samuel L Jackson
>acting opinions
You could splice every scene he has acted into one movie and he'd be the same character

All the best actors are method actors. The people shit talking the method are just mad that someone takes the art seriously and doesn't just goof around.

It's obviously not working for Leto. The only role of his that was even somewhat decent was when he was playing a drug addicted tranny and that was just because he was playing himself.

Method acting is a fucking joke. These people are simply playing make-believe as adults. The only difference between most of them and everyone else is looks and/or charisma. It's a joke profession like professional sports.

>Daniel Day-Lewis refused to get out of his wheelchair while he filmed My Left Foot and damaged two ribs because of it — he insisted that the crew spoon-feed him.

>Hilary Swank tried to “pass as a boy” by cutting her hair, binding her breasts, speaking in a lower register, and putting socks down the front of her pants while she prepared to play trans man Brandon Teena in Boys Don’t Cry.

>Lady Gaga “lived” as Patrizia Reggiani for a “year and a half” and only spoke in an Italian accent for nine of those months while filming House of Gucci.

>Jamie Foxx wore prosthetic eyelids so his eyes would be glued shut for 14 hours on filming days while he played Ray Charles in the movie Ray.

>Leonardo DiCaprio slept inside of an animal carcass, ate raw bison meat, and was on the brink of hypothermia all while playing Hugh Glass in The Revenant.

>Robert Pattinson masturbated on set to completion while portraying Salvador Dalí in Little Ashes.

>Ashton Kutcher gave himself pancreatitis and was hospitalized twice (!!!!) while preparing to play Steve Jobs in Jobs.

>Charlize Theron wore dentures, shaved off her eyebrows, had her hair thinned out and fried repeatedly, and gained 30 pounds to play serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster.

>Forest Whitaker stayed in character while playing Ugandan dictator Idi Amin in The Last King of Scotland even off set — it was so intense his family stopped speaking to him.

>Dog Day Afternoon
>Hoffman

>Margot Robbie trained in ice skating for five hours a day, five days a week, for five months to play Tonya Harding in I, Tonya — she worked herself so hard she got a herniated disk in her neck.

>Joaquin Phoenix totally abandoned his own sense of self, refused to talk to his family, and only lived as Johnny Cash for the entirety of filming Walk the Line.

>Jennifer Lopez slept in Selena Quintanilla’s bed while she prepared to portray the singer in Selena.

>Adrien Brody gave up his apartment, sold his car, disconnected his phones, and lost 30 pounds on a crash diet in order to play Wladyslaw Szpilman in The Pianist.

>Gary Oldman gave himself nicotine poisoning after smoking $20,000 worth of Winston Churchill’s favorite cigars for Darkest Hour.

>Colin Firth developed headaches, a pinched nerve in his arm, and a stutter of his own after portraying George VI in The King’s Speech.

>Val Kilmer got so immersed in playing Jim Morrison in The Doors that he needed to get therapy just so he could come out of character.

>Christian Bale got a $3,000 neck exercise machine so he could thicken his neck to look like Dick Cheney’s for Vice.

Too bad Hoffman wasn't in that.

All these actors are better actors than the ones in OP

Yes? Are you trying to do a gotcha moment? His performance in that was on another level. Attica! Attica! was more iconic than overly dramatic Shakespeare attempt #4739

Robert Pattison also jerked off a dog in pic related, which ended up being a deleted scene.
vulture.com/2017/08/robert-pattinson-had-a-nsfw-scene-with-a-dog-in-good-time.html

Truly, an auteur

Attached: GoodTime.jpg (1062x1500, 191.43K)

Tbh actors are clowns for our amusement and if method acting means we can hear funny stories like 166498823 and 166498887, I'm all for it

Lmao, is this guy serious? he literally plays himself in every movie.

Agreed except Leo.

>actor playing in insignificant flicks doesn't want to ruin his life for them
who would have thought?

It's only cringe when done by untalented retards like Leto or Jim Carrey. Does Sam Jackson think he's anywhere near Christian Bale or Daniel Day Lewis acting wise? I know he's dumb as shit but still

It's for fart-huffing try hard clowns
>Whoa I just get so into character that I actually was POSSESSED by the spirit of Abe Lincoln at Subway. "Verily, what a queer occupation, sandwich artisan! We need men like you on the front lines!"
*jerk off motion*

Jackson has been in better films than Bale, and is a better actor than Bale.

I don't see DDL on shirts or toys, user.

No, fuck off

Mads and jackson always played themselves.
Both starts to piss me off, particularly the NIGGER.

>Leonardo DiCaprio slept inside of an animal carcass, ate raw bison meat, and was on the brink of hypothermia all while playing Hugh Glass in The Revenant.
Isn't this all something he had to do in front of the cameras?
>Charlize Theron wore dentures, shaved off her eyebrows, had her hair thinned out and fried repeatedly, and gained 30 pounds to play serial killer Aileen Wuornos in Monster.
Simply being made up to look like the character you're playing isn't method acting.
>Margot Robbie trained in ice skating for five hours a day, five days a week, for five months to play Tonya Harding in I, Tonya — she worked herself so hard she got a herniated disk in her neck.
This is just preparation for the role. If you're playing a pro ice skater, of course you need to learn how to skate.

Whoa budster! That kind of racism has no place on this board. Mods, do ya thing!

Attached: fed.jpg (960x960, 74.18K)

This whole board has been making fun of him since Suicide Squad. He does the most ridiculous shit for a shitty performance in a bad movie.

I agree with this. If more people stuck to their strengths as an actor, instead of thinking they can abuse themselves to fit roles that they aren't good at, then more people would get work.

Think about it: If you need an emaciated nerd to play the character of an emaciated nerd, then you would normally just hire an actor who best fits the role of the emaciated nerd. However, method acting makes it so that famous celebrity Brumble Fuck will lost 50 lbs and abstain from sex for a year, in order to get the roll. And he will never be quite as authentic as the other guys who naturally fit the role. But people will call Brumble Fuck "brave" for the stunt.

So to you guys saying that Samuel L Jackson plays the same character: Yes, because he's GOOD at it. When people hire him, it's because he fits what they're looking for. Method acting is a meme.

based retard, standing his ground

The weak fear the method

Attached: 7B6CBC31-CFDB-4224-868A-9E86F7A57763.png (602x383, 57.27K)

>Schroeder:
This is the music I've set for the Christmas play.
>Lucy Van Pelt:
What kind of music is *that*?
>Schroeder:
Beethoven Christmas music.
>Lucy Van Pelt:
What's so great about Beethoven? Everyone talks about how "great" Beethoven was. Beethoven wasn't so great.
>Schroeder:
What do you mean Beethoven wasn't so great?
>Lucy Van Pelt:
He never got his picture on a bubble gum card. Have you ever seen his picture on a bubble gum card? Hmmm? How can you say someone is great who's never had his picture on a bubble gum card?
>Schroeder:
Good grief.

lmao. boomers know

I don't have a dog in the fight of whether method acting itself in general is good or bad, but you can't seriously put something like Jennifer Lopez immersing into a role by simply sleeping in Selena Quintanilla's bed on the same level as Gary Oldman giving himself nicotine poisoning from frequently smoking Churchill's favorite cigars for immersing into a role or Ashton Kutcher giving himself pancreatitis and being hospitalized twice for the sake of a role.
Also this.

Why would sitting in a wheelchair damage your ribs?

>Robert Pattison also jerked off a dog in pic related, which ended up being a deleted scene.
No he didn't. He specifically didn't do that.
He went on Kimmel saying that he didn't do it after the Safdie's tried to pressure him. Then Josh tweeted that this wasn't true. Then Pattinson clarified that it was a joke and he was never expected actually do it for real.

Look, it might be good if it actually had an effect on the actor's performance, but Jared Leto's acting is shit.

>Will Poulter
>Will Polter
>Will /Pol/ter
He was the Mastermind Chud all along.

>Olivier
>literal who
Either 10/10 bait or arrogant retarded 12 year old

>Jim Carrey ate only Eggs with Coffee and chased down woodland critters in preparation for his role in Sonic the Hedgehog

>not pol tier
you blew it

I'm currently taking method acting classes. I'm going to "out Jared" Jared. Wish me luck.

I could believe this being a real headline from the tabloids after an interview where he jokes that he hunted small animals in the forests behind his house with his kids at the behest of the producers.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU! ARRRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHREBIH8FWJTP4HI5U9Y2FH[UIG - I WILL MURDER YOU NIGGERBUTTFUCKERCUNT!!

Mate?

user please. He could also be a retarded 20-30something year old with the mentality of an arrogant 12 year old.

>Jim Carrey pissed on the moon and yelled SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG IS A BITCH ASS MOTHERFUCKER in preparation for Sonic the Hedgehog 3

>>Val Kilmer got so immersed in playing Jim Morrison in The Doors that he needed to get therapy just so he could come out of character.
This one got me.

People throw the buzzword "method" around without even understanding what it actually means.

They're equally mediocre.
Think Gary Oldman,Christoph Waltz or Johnny Depp instead.

Imagine trusting late night tv interviews. They are FULLY EXPECTED to shill and turn down any negative news.

They wouldn't have made a red rocket prosthetic if they were "just joking"

I also don't buy for one second that he didn't go through with it

Your argument makes no sense?
No one at any point claimed that he did do it for real. So without his late night interviews, you've got literally nothing to go on.
Are you retarded? They made a prosthetic so that he didn't actually jerk off a dog. Why would they make a prosthetic if not to use it?

Hoffman is just right on this one thing, though. You cannot effective portray the kind of neurological and physiological effects of sleeplessness by just 'acting'.