Tolkien cannot write morally grey char-

Tolkien cannot write morally grey char-

Attached: 23531734._SX540_.jpg (540x433, 34.61K)

-izard

>Tolkien cannot write
fixed, you’re welcome

why not

>Tolkien cannot write
yeah because he has been dead for decades

start with the greeks

there's nothing wrong with having clearly delineated good and evil sides

morally grey le so ambiguous antiheroes are the essence of reddit

nah, enjoy your cartoon characters. read some ‘speare when you’re done being retarded.

Nobody besides 5 turbo autist tolkien trannies know who this is or what this scene is from

unironically kys

based

why are people so obsessed with lord of the keks? its so basic and boring

Hey dol! merry dol! ring a dong dillo!
Ring a dong! hop along! fal lal the willow!
Tom Bom, jolly Tom, Tom Bombadillo!

Old Tom Bombadil is a merry fellow;
Bright blue his jacket is, and his boots are yellow. ring a dong dillo!

Attached: bombadil.jpg (480x360, 27.32K)

>read a scat-enthusing bongs shit takes on Menanders fucking sitcoms
Gonna be a hell no for me fellah.

Attached: 1643328344673.png (495x514, 463.6K)

Tolkien is overhyped and the LoTR series is mediocre. Sorry it triggers you snowflake

name a better fantasy series or brand? they are all pretty much based off Tolkien

generally, they don’t read. on here most are reactionary zoomers.

>retarded babble
>tolkien fan
pottery

This is premium cope propagated purely by Tolkien trannies. Tolkien's story is a rehash of hurriedly cobbled folktales from history, with a predictable good beats evil storyline to boot.

Also ASOIAF is more engaging to read that Tolkiens endless droning in mundane nonsense in the name of "fleshing out" the world.

>omg, le heckin' good bois won against le evil forces for the #328947 time, so friggin' EPIC!!

It's a shame that we never saw Tom in the movies.

Attached: 1649512379806.png (300x300, 62.88K)

>bud wud abud muh dagz polizee
fucking zoomers

Fuck tolkien
Fuck zoomers
simple as

>muh le ebin heckin elverinos and le wise old wizard and le hecking one rang!!!
Fucking r*dditors

What a shitty life that Turin had, poor guy

That's not lord of the rings, that's the children of Hurin you fucking troglodyte

I like lotr for the subtext, sorry you can't read between the lines or draw meaning from anything that isn't hopelessly cynical and depressing

I think it's from elden ring.

>Turin and Hurin are actually two different characters
What hack wrote this

What about the previous evolutions?

Turin, son of Hurin. And I haven't even read Silmarilion.

Conan, easily. Tolkien might have a more elaborate world and fantasy linguistics, but Howard's world is more human and full-blooded. Howard's prose is more compelling than Tolkien's, he can switch between somber contemplation to pulse pounding action without missing a beat.
The Night Land by William H. Hodgson is much more imaginative than Tolkien, though I'll admit Tolkien's prose is better.
Keep in mind I *like* Tolkien, I just think his stories have very specific purposes and limitations that fans tend to ignore in their urge to praise him endlessly.

>alleged shakespeare enjoyers
>illiteracy
The dynamic duo.

Attached: 1649786549097.webm (830x466, 1.22M)

>blah blah (author name) babble babble
>you’re retarded
>w-well you’re illiterate!1
bro just kill yourself. you enjoy cartoon characters and infantile plots.

>deleted his post so he could correct his misspelling of “illiteracy”
lmao

Are you actually simple?
Big S lifted almost all his plays from the hellenistic gutter-comedian Menander and added some scatogical references for good measure.
A bit too rich to complain about cartoon characters and infantile plots when you're advocating for people to the read 16th-century equivalent of How I met your mother.

Attached: 1647205540695.png (1519x1255, 2.02M)

>when_she_gets_the_greencard.webm

>lifted almost all his plays
which ones? any of the good ones? no? damn, you showed me.

we talking about CONAN THE BARBARIAN?

>Sunset found her squatting in the grass

Nobody knows what the fuck you posted, literally nobody who's not a cringey redditor. Once this current batch of obnoxious reddit niggers that base their personality about praising Tolkien the hacks retarded fantasy shitpost die out, it will be long forgotten cause honestly nobody gives a shit about a story thag has literally no stakes cause you know there's no way the good guys can lose.

>morally grey

No such thing.

For someone who talks shit about cringey redditors you sound alot like one.

*Proceeds to say the most faggiest reddit shit ever*

Ofcourse you recognise the ticks, having spent years around them on your shitty subreddits can make these characteristics easy to spot in the wild.

These people talking about Tolkien are LITERALLY DRIVING ME INSANE AAHHHHHH

I couldn’t care less what a tolkien enjoying faggot thinks about literally anything
>it’s so deep
fucking childish. get some taste.

the Sackville-Bagginses were a bit questionable

Attached: 1639474252157.jpg (1557x785, 132.15K)

The guys over on Yea Forums got angry at me because I proclaimed I wouldn't read LotR. Specifically the science fiction and fantasy general. Or /sffg/ for short.

Why are Fromtrannies and GRRMlets so willing to humiliate themselves constantly by revealing their ignorance about Tolkien?

Attached: EhLc4NUXkAEG2aX.jpg (943x960, 124.67K)

>morally grey le so ambiguous
More often than not that's also a strong indicator of plot holes and shitty writing

/sffg/ is the arcane general of Yea Forums bro

Tell Boromir and Gollum there were no stakes.

fantasy is a shit genre, even if he was the best it doesn't say much

>2 literal who retards killed off to give a false sense of danger are proof of muh stakes
Anybody who read 10 pages of the first book already knows how it ends. All the threat and menance of the "evil" that is apprently getting stronger is immediately nullified by the presence of literally God sending his angels to assist the other side.

This is, to put it quite simply, an elaborate childrens story.

>there's nothing wrong with having clearly delineated good and evil sides
>
>morally grey le so ambiguous antiheroes are the essence of reddit

Attached: 1640339924925.jpg (747x825, 53.92K)

You are getting mad at a childrens story? kek retard.

seethe cope dilate

detective conan

Shit meme format

The point of CoH to me is not the fact that the protagonist does questionable things or the story ends awfully for him and his family, but the general feeling of the long defeat.

There are gigachad ubermensch elvish heroes and kings that may slaughter thousands of orcs or solo Balrogs, but inevitably they get captured, tortured, they get outsmarted by Melkor and his captains, their kingdoms burn in flames, and their people (elves and men) are taken away into slavery or massacred. Some battles are won, others are horrendously lost and dozens of named characters get killed.

In this regard LotR is indeed a very different book.

Attached: Alan_Lee_-_Hurin_in_his_chair.jpg (946x1600, 1.63M)

Turin>>Silmarillion>>>>>>>>>Ringshit

Kneel, LOTRniggers.

I already trade options

>Howard's prose
He really, really liked the word 'bestial'

baka why was Melkor such a nigger?

The tragedy of CoH is the curse. A classical curse right out of greek and assyrian mythology.

The best part, for me, of CoH is the middle part that is mostly "ranger" adventures in the wild.

I used to have a drinking game where I took a drink every time Conan is compared to a predatory cat.
His writing was still awesome though.