Severance

Helena Edition

Previous thread

Attached: Helena.png (1537x1537, 2.17M)

Other urls found in this thread:

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1649859064014.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-ee-AVYLc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Biggest problem I have with the show so far is that there's not enough motivation for the characters. It doesn't make sense why Helly is so uniquely adverse to working for Lumon to the point of being suicidal while none of the other characters have any issue with being prisoners. They don't even really mention it. I find the stuff outside the Lumon office to be more compelling than the antics inside. Most of the time, the characters aren't even working. Aside from that this show is great

>It doesn't make sense why Helly is so uniquely adverse to working for Lumon to the point of being suicidal while none of the other characters have any issue with being prisoners
Helly just joined, the others have been there years and Lumon broke them with the "break room" etc.

What happened?

Attached: g4rdvai4j6t81.jpg (640x480, 80.2K)

The same thing that happened in the Grim Barbarity of Optics and Design.

Burt's bottom was impacted?

They don't have an issue being prisoners up until the series starts, and then

> Mark's best friend Petey mysteriously leaves and Helly's behaivour/romance compels him to join her to rebel, this also compounds with the treatment of Ms Casey
> Dylan learns he has a family from the overtime contingency and wants to see them
> Irving and Burt have a romance, and then Burt is seemingly retired/killed due to this, motivating Irving to rebel
> Helly seems to be the rebellious sort right from the beginning, being told she's worthless by her Outie + the thought of not being able to ever escape drove her to suicide

My guess is that her outie has been brainwashed or forced into being a lumon severance spokesperson. But because her innie is a blank slate with none of the conditioning of her outie, she is able to confront her feelings about Lumon authentically without restraint. Innie Helly is what outie Helly would act like if she wasn’t raised by a CEO/cult leader

>Helena
>Helly
>Hell
HELL. Do you get it?
DO YOU GET IT?
DO. YOU. MOTHERFUCKING. GET. IT. ?.

Attached: helly.gif (414x320, 2.92M)

FUCK Helena, Hell'y should literally fight that bitch into submission...in minecraft

>They don't have an issue being prisoners up until the series starts
you didn't pay attention at all eh?

helena is a convert you tard, w/e was doe to her she is now 100% a lumin acolyte

>none of the other characters have any issue with being prisoners
We dont know that. It was implied from the dialogues that Mark and the others also made attempts to escape at first but over time they became 'institutionalized' to the point of losing all interest to leave.

Mark also read Ricken's book which had a big impact on him.

first slew of MDR staff went crazy from the severance procedure and mutilated a bunch of OnD members, prompting lumon to shorten MDR's staff size and repurpose both the survivors and the dissidents in the testing floor
employees who failed to get reintegrated into the workspace are turned into lumon mulch, while those that managed to survive the procedure are reinstated and, possibly, re-allocated to the different sectors in the severance floor
MDR probably has the highest chance out of all the sectors to show resistance and what we're seeing now is probably a resurgence of that rebellious act that occurred months/years ago
irv was most likely one of the few who managed to undergo the process successfully, hence his memories of the hallway leading to the testing floor elevator

I just want her to threaten to have me severed as she kicks my balls with her bare feet and drips hot waffles on me.

Attached: H.png (386x907, 499.94K)

Nice theory, although I'm not sure what you mean by Lumon mulch.

My biggest question is what are the goals of Irv's outie? He's ex-military and has some data on other employees. Is he continuously drawing that door in the hope that his innie remembers? If so, what lead him to believe that's possible.

The main team weren't actively rebelling, no. Mark, Irving and Dylan were still quite comfortable in MDR when the series begins.

You are actually illiterate Jesus Christ. I’m saying that whether she was brainwashed or forced into it, her innie is expressing the authentic dissatisfaction that Helena would have had she not been subjected to any of the conditioning or influence of her father. Her innie hasn’t been brainwashed and so is reacting exactly how her outie would react if she hadn’t been manipulated. You are unironically braindead if you couldn’t gleam that from my post.

Don't fight, we're all Hellybros here.

How likely do we think that they gonna write Helena as the real villain in this show? She sounds ruthless and ambitious and she could manipulate and also harm the likes of outtie Irving and outtie Mark.

Cobel on the other hand, feels like a character that would get redemption arc.

to all those saying Irving's innie going to burt was a waste:

Some Inny (helly?) said when you wake up, go to someone you can trust. For mark that was his sister, for irving, that was burt.

>christpher walken is 79 years old

Here's hoping he can live long enough for the series (or just to finish his arc).

dont forget her hair is red too haha

DO. YOU. GET. IT?

>In an alternate Episode 9 scene, when Irving wakes up he immediately looks up and sees the painting, but is confused why he is naked on all fours with a pain in his anus. He then realises Radar is inside him and as the dog cums, Irving yells "BURRRTTT MY BUTT IS HURTTTT" and it cuts to black (lives matter).
Powerful

That's a red hairing.

I think it’s pretty likely desu. Would certainly make for an interesting conceit if one half of a character is a protagonist we root for and the other half is a cold-blooded psychopath. The build up to her outie reveal certainly feels befitting of a final boss-type character.

>Cobel on the other hand, feels like a character that would get redemption arc.
Agreed. The breathing tube suggests to me her motivations with Lumon are personal, whoever Charlotte might be. Now that Mark and Devon are aware of her real identity and she lost her job at lumon, she wouldn’t pose much of a threat anyways.

Attached: im sorry.jpg (2547x1055, 118.63K)

>Imaging creating another version of yourself just to torture
Outtie helena is a wierd kind of masochist
I really hope we see more of her next season outtie Mark was getting boring af

Imagine if Helly got off on the idea of putting nipple clamps on her innie haha wouldn’t that be hilarious haha

>>innies forget everything about them
but not the faggotry

BASED

I love shows with LGBTQIA+ content

Attached: somethingsomethingphobe.jpg (720x720, 348.37K)

>lumon mulch
not literal mulch per se, but discarded persons that became far too gone to be considered able in the outside whose only likely outcome is to be, well, 'destroyed'
although that idea seems a bit too farfetched, to be honest
otherwise there would be constant protests in the world about missing lumon employees

>irv's outie
probably going mad from the constant paintings he's doing but keeps a levelled head about it all
i'd say that he's not doing it for his innie's sake, but for him to finally get the answers he's looking for

>Simp threads are the easiest way to disguise shill threads

I don’t get the point of their relationship. How does anyone become attracted to an elderly Christopher Walken, and why so suddenly? It barely contributes to the plot, I’m almost certain that they needed to fill a diversity quote so they made them gay instead of just making it a friendship

>I’m almost certain that they needed to fill a diversity quote
Yep probably.

why would they have a painting of that then making other members suspicious about it
is clearly a lie made up to make other departments not trust each other

It was actually an inter-departmental orgy.

nah it's not just that. Helly told them to go to someone they can trust and tell them everything. Mark had his sister, for Irving that was Burt.

Mark waiting patiently to speak to his sister knowing that time could be an issue was dumb.

you could probably blame ben stiller for that. But that was also intentional to keep the suspense and build up towards the final scene.

I know it was for suspense but it wasn't realistic. Helly's wait to speak was.

it was fine with me, it just came across as him being disoriented as fuck and trying to figure out what's going on and also not reveal himself to Colbel or anyone else who might be dangerous
I liked it

Mark kept being interrupted, also when he tried to talk with Ryken. And with Selvig there he should be more careful. I dont know what you mean by 'realistic' here anyway, just be honest and say you dont like it.

So any of you guys started rewatching from episode 1?

I just started the series again and it's cool to see how many references that now make sense or that were missed on the first watch.

They literally talk a waffle party within the first 5 minutes.

Attached: severance-s1ep1-helly-on-the-table.png (1280x671, 796.47K)

agree, you did not state any of that in your post, irregardless, Helena is a bitch

fuck off dog rapist

Forgive me for the harm I have caused this world. None may atone for my actions but me, and only in me shall their stain move on. I am thankful to have been caught, my fall cut short by those with wizened hands. All I can be is sorry, and that is all that I am.

Attached: the atonment.jpg (1920x1080, 139.55K)

i read a theory on an older general about the possibility of the painting being some sort of trigger to test whether or not lumon's mind-wiping experiments, if they do exist at all, works at a capacity well enough that they can just lobotomize anyone as they see fit
works well with the idea of lumon's new world order with the severance procedure
that's my basis of what i think happened
but what you said is also very plausible

rewatching from ep 1 is a whole new thing its pretty great

You seem butthurt

Found the American

dneed

me when plebs interrupt my kino

Attached: [1X07] Defiant Jazz-1.webm (720x480, 2.88M)

I did, you’re just retarded and didn’t read any further than the first sentence. That or you’re literally illiterate.

he's fast

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1649859064014.webm

Attached: ATV_Severance_Photo_010204.jpg (1200x600, 53.91K)

>Are they...
>HAVING FUN????

Attached: Janny rushing to close another fun thread.webm (1482x620, 1.62M)

I sever for she

Attached: 1642892978989.webm (976x802, 333.46K)

made a longer one

youtube.com/watch?v=Fl-ee-AVYLc

based

Attached: 1645051620908.png (600x681, 236.86K)

nice

>the finale scene with devon and mark talking about gemma

Attached: 1621516791471.png (1000x963, 685.04K)