Were the Fox X-Men films better than current capeshit?

Were the Fox X-Men films better than current capeshit?

Attached: e6hWKhmXszRLNSvPRHizZ5.jpg (1920x1080, 519.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EkRyP8bp0Io
youtu.be/eiCbMLWDDMo
youtube.com/watch?v=StnmzjqMKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=AKOwdI1uCx8
youtube.com/watch?v=dsi4FuHipoQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nope. They were garbage too.

>making Cyclops a side character
>killing him off in 3

no they were shit

Some of them, absolutely. If you're talking like Dark Phoenix and New Mutants type shit then those are probably bad as shit like Eternals or Thor 2. So it's kinda mixed.

They had less CGI which is good and X2 had awesome and surprisingly brutal for PG13 fight with Lady Deathstroke.

yes

Attached: pbf.jpg (832x690, 130.21K)

Yes. Definitely.
They mostly weren't great movies, but way better than anything made in the last decade

This minute is perfectly executed from writing to direction to performances, etc. You know so much about these people, their history, their world, their conflict, their future, etc. with so little. MCU has never had a simple well executed scene despite their 6 billion dollars of green screen laser fights. It's embarrassing.

youtube.com/watch?v=EkRyP8bp0Io

That's why all modern superhero movies (any brand) are capeshit, but old stuff wasn't, even when it was bad.

It depends. Better than the MCU? Absolutely, they were movies, not CGI videos. But they are still just summer blockbusters for kids and teenagers.

Attached: photo_2018-03-03_20-35-59.jpg (1024x1024, 141.1K)

It's tough being a Cyclops fan
She gets killed by having superhot liquid metal pumped into her body which then instantly solidifies. I can't think of many worse ways to go

Attached: a5f.jpg (1280x1280, 117.83K)

Absolutely

Only first class is better then average marvel.
Bryan Swinger/Kinberg/Goldberg is ultimate shit

yes

marvel films have cringe humor at least the xmen didnt have a witty 1-liner in every scene

X-Men was like the Coen Brothers to me, half of it is the peak of what they’re trying to accomplish and half is absolute dogshit. Not a lot of in between.

Ian McKellen and Patrick Stewart were honestly better than these films deserved, but I'm glad they're in it cause they're a joy to watch

fpbp
Those movies literally ruined Rogue.

Yes. Anything made by DC after Nolan and By Marvel after Ironman has been cringe shit wihout any value

First Class is capekino desu. I wish Fassbender picked better films these days, I can't remember the last time I saw him in anything
youtu.be/eiCbMLWDDMo

It depends.

Hulk 2 was good

>Hulk 2
?
The one with Norton?
Passable. I've seen it once whe it was new

1 is good, 2 is kino. Rest are shit, but I'd probably watch 3 over most MCU shit

x-men 2 was capekino
youtube.com/watch?v=StnmzjqMKRo
youtube.com/watch?v=AKOwdI1uCx8
youtube.com/watch?v=dsi4FuHipoQ

Attached: X2_poster.jpg (260x383, 22.66K)

I'm going to be sad when Ian McKellen passes. He such a good actor, and down to earth too.

X2 was a treat, peak Jackman especially during the Mansion scene.

>he's 82 years old
i'm not prepared yet bro

Attached: mckellen lee.jpg (1080x1194, 126.53K)

Nobody likes Cyclops except self-inserting nerds.

Brian Cox is a kino making machine

Attached: William_Stryker_%28Earth-10005%29_002.jpg (2000x2762, 1.28M)

They were trying too hard not to be seen as superhero movies, even making fun of the iconic Woliverine / X-men outfits. Also here's a short list of things that were also bad
>Love triangles
>Jean immediately falling in love with Wolverine few moments after she met him despite already having a partner
>Timeline / age fuckups with the newer movies best seen with Magneto / Charles
>Mystique being forced and pushed so fucking much despite noone giving a shit about her in the newer movies, also makes no sense retroactively with the old movies why she would work with Magneto, also obnoxious love plot with Beast
>Storm one of the leading X-men characters barely does anything
>Rogue is completely irrelevant after the first movie, has a romance plot with Iceman of all characters, despite it fitting more with Gambit who is a far more popular character
>Gambit being completely wasted in the awful Wolvering prequel film
>Bad CGI
>X3 and especially origins wolverine being unwatchably bad
The only movie i genuinely loved was Logan and it wasn't really an X-men movie

The only reason they pushed Mystique so hard with the prequel movies is because they lucked into casting Jennifer Lawrence just before she became big thanks to Harvey so then they ended up pushing her as the star despite the fact she clearly hated doing them

>X-men
>X2
>first class
>days of future past
>logan
kino

>last stand
ok, not great

>first two Wolverine spinoffs
shit

Didn’t watch the rest

>mutant power is adapting to things to survive
>doesn't adapt to this
This was the dumbest fucking thing

Attached: 1641060599836.gif (500x213, 855.1K)

The only good part of First Class was January Jones, and of course Fassbender.

It was either Cyclops or Wolverine as the male lead, they went with the guy who could actually act.

January Jones can't act to save her life, and desu the only reason she's got a career is because she's very pleasant to look at
Besides, First Class is much better than just her

Attached: 1569278174409-min.jpg (3168x4752, 3.46M)

absolutely

X2 reigns supreme as the best capeshit movie of all time

The only good X Men films were 1, 2 and Days of Future Past.

>desu
Filtered faggot is filtered.

Yeah but I'm not the one saying January Jones is a good actress, so baka desu senpai

Attached: 1569278197451.jpg (1173x1566, 277.71K)

>Yeah but I'm not the one saying January Jones is a good actress
Neither am I. I'm just calling you a faggot for getting word filtered.

We will never have the Hellfire club again in it's lingerie glory.
Also, I'm glad Emma was just Shaw's cock sleeve instead of "bitch with a heart of gold" she's been the past 30 years.

Correct. The Bryan Singer trilogy. Obviously he's credited on Apocalypse but it's well known he was barely present and a mess when he was.

>they were movies, not CGI videos
take off the nostalgia goggles pal

Attached: wolverine2.jpg (720x480, 150.05K)

You're dishonest

Speaking of Sebastian Shaw, Kevin Bacon was surprisingly good as him

cope

Attached: intro-1587664304.jpg (1000x563, 45.16K)

Disney will never make anything as good as X-2 or Raimi Spider-Man

yes because not every single character was a sarcastic quipster

they already did several times

The original X Men trilogy generally had a good balance of practical effects to CGI, and certainly was nothing like the MCU which uses CGI and greenscreen in almost every shot. That one bit there is the most egregious thing about the first X Men and it's the only really poor effect
There's no excuses for Origins though. The leaked workprint is more watchable than the finished movie

I'll never understand why Days of Future Past gets more praise than First Class. It's really not that great.

>Future Past features robots that adapt to things to counter them.
>They're based on Mystique, whose powers have fucking nothing to do with this, not Darwin who literally has that power.

>quipster
It's only a matter of time before they introduce a hero with that name

It's got some good scenes, particularly the Quicksilver one, but otherwise I think most of the praise is just because it's a better sendoff for the original trilogy and its characters than The Last Stand was. I haven't seen it in years

>all these nerds ITT
If you EVER open your mouth to complain about something not being like it was “in muh comics” you need to kill yourself immediately you pathetic fucking retards
No, I don’t care that they made Rogue a hot chick without the weird hair thing
No, I don’t give a fuck about Cyclops
No, I don’t care that they made Wolverine 6’3”
With the knowledge of what was to come after it, the X-Men trilogy (X-Men, X2, Logan) is THE most kino capeshit trilogy with the exception of the Dark Knight trilogy. Spiderfags fuck off, Spider-Man 2 is the only excellent movie from that trilogy. The other two are only middling good.
tl;dr
Fuck off comicsfag nerds nobody cares about your children’s coloring books

Yeah, it has it's moments for sure, but I felt it was a bit of a mess overall. I wish superhero moves would just stay away from time travel.

>they made Rogue a hot chick without the weird hair thing
But Anna Paquin's not hot, plus Rogue having big hair is the best
You're right about everything else though

X1, X2, First Class, DoFP, and Logan were good

Time travel stories in general are often really hokey, unless they actually put some effort into thinking about them

I thought they sucked. They were too different from the comic books, and the characters were way too off. In the comics Phoenix had to die because she destroyed a planet and killed billions while she had essentially become a Celestial like Galactus that needs to feed on planets, but inside of a mortal body. In the X-Men 3 Phoenix raised up a bunch of water and turned a few people into dust. Oh no the peril! Just send a few tomahawks when the bitch falls asleep. Phoenix 2 in the reset was more menacing, but still nerfed.

And Kitty having the power of time travel because she can phase through matter? Fucking STUPID!

And X-23 could have cured Logan quickly with a blood transfusion to restart his failing immune system. Plus Logan was tall and slender when he should have been short, stocky, and almost gorilla-like.

LOL...NO!!!
Special effects that were already bad and became a joke at the time, mischaracterization of the characters, all wearing black costumes for no reason and ororo without the classic costume, nothing different from what Kevin Feige continues to do today

Attached: b96556b9de6d5df61bb5f57e94371bbe.jpg (758x549, 64.92K)

>They were trying too hard not to be seen as superhero movies

I actually kind of miss that