Soul

Soul

Attached: realplayer-still-exists.png (375x487, 159.95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/C4Zwe6hMMO4
youtube.com/watch?v=6iCPIUGnHQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
youtube.com/watch?v=Bxg_9nC757Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

you weren't even alive then why do you care?

Lol seethe more zoomer

Attached: Windows-Media-Player-6.png (301x437, 15.08K)

buffering...

Attached: C40VufYWMAESrnK.jpg (1024x576, 73.44K)

Watching stuff in the pre YouTube days used to be such a pain in the ass between having to find the shit and then all these shit players from back then like real player and QuickTime which always ran like shit

absolutely everything that has to do with technology is better now, ESPECIALLY video players. quit being such a little hipster faggot and go find a skin for one to watch your VHS movies that were uploaded in the lowest possible quality so your pathetic faggoty ass can feel special

super fuckin annoying. content now may be soulless but at least it's 1080p and plays flawlessly.

Attached: bonzibuddy-cope.gif (406x498, 1.79M)

I def got nostalgia for old school late 90s early 2000s internet no doubt but when it comes to watching stuff definitely don’t miss what a pain in the ass watching stuff used to be

Attached: 9FB5404D-E55A-4FFA-B365-F28A484C35A2.jpg (960x684, 365.36K)

>sister asks for an mp3 of Britney Spears Hit Me Baby One More Time
>okay tomorrow you'll have it
>search and download
>hey what's this .3gp? looks coo-

Attached: agh fucking hickey.jpg (349x326, 61.16K)

I remember fucking up my aunts laptop with this. First example of text to speech I ever saw and it was fucking magic.

see you have absolutely nothing to say. so much for all that soul you think things have. you don't even have any soul yourself. a complete beta faggot

>.flv

[ptsd intensifies]

Everyone fucking hated RealPlayer during the 90s, and was relieved when it was gone. Now AIM and WinAmp on the other hand, that was soul...

Attached: 00_coverscreenshot.png (550x696, 63.35K)

isn't winamp still available? not active but still usable i think

Jeeves wouldn’t manipulate search results like his Israeli cousin Mr. Googlestein. I miss him bros, I miss him so much

>Soul

Real Player was a fucking annoying shit to work with.

>buffering

I don’t remember that but I do remember the bill clinton shit that always popped up on limewire. Download a new song only to hear
>I did not have sexual relations with that woman…

Those sliders aren't even labeled

The only player that I feel nostalgia for is WinAmp and only because of it's monstrous custom skins with complex animations that could change everything. Old WMP also had similar skins, but fewer than WinAmp.

I remember finding out I could download 80mb realplayer Naruto and Bleach episodes and they went straight to desktop, so I flooded my dad's desktop with them and he told me to quit it and showed me how to put them in a folder. Good times. Also the quality was absolute dog shit, blocky and the screen would tear constantly, but I still watched it.

It's nostalgic, sure, but I'm glad everything is so much better these days.

Soul

Attached: youtube-2005.png (830x790, 168.5K)

I feel like I'm in the right age group to remember a lot of this shit but I barely got to touch the family PC throughout the 2000s and only got my own laptop in 2011 after finishing high school so all this shit was either gone or far on its way out by the time I got in.

Attached: contemplestanza.gif (500x418, 956.8K)

Back when Apple had soul

Attached: 450_1000.jpg (450x411, 64.95K)

I remember in like 2007 my country's news ran a story about youtube and showed the dramatic chipmunk clip, as if they just found out about the website.
I miss life before the iphone ruined the internet and gave fire to the normies.

I've watched all naruto episodes up to their battle in the valley and when Sasuke left him in the rain on my phone in school. In 176x220 .3gp, with subs.

>songname.mp3.exe

sounds legit to me

My family had dial up internet until 2010, I experienced very little internet prior to then

Needs a callwave .gif, can't surf the net in peace without it.

based

It was nice when the front page videos were random cool vids the handful of youtube employees found interesting. I learned about 3D printing a good 5 years before it became mainstream that way. Also, being able to customize your channel page was great. Too bad they sold it to google. Now it's just pay-for-play videos and globohomo-friendly "influences" being pushed. Won't even deliver honest search results or give you proper filter control.

I am slightly peeved by this because the image of the kacheek next to the neopets logo was definitely during drawn post-golden-age neopets. Not zombie neopets yet but definitely too late to be truly nostalgic. Now pic related is a nostalgic kacheek.

Attached: 2_blue.gif (150x150, 4.9K)

Original recipe Youtube, is like original recipe Google. Pure magic. They had a spark when they started, what happened?

>We're as far away from 2005 as it was from 1988

Attached: 1542825028780.jpg (233x198, 6.7K)

for me it was shoyru

youtu.be/C4Zwe6hMMO4

SOUL

Attached: giphy.gif (400x400, 333K)

normies used AIM, real computer nerd autists like myself used ICQ in early internet days

youtube.com/watch?v=6iCPIUGnHQ8
hearing the icq UH OH! seriously transports me back to 1998 damn man

Attached: https _bucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com_public_images_d2dd0b14-0bf5-4768-b19f-51ff63e8648d_791x1344.png (353x600, 274.62K)

that seems right to me, but
>2015 was 7 years ago
that's just objectively false

>no influencers
>no social media
>no reddit
>no normies
>no trannies
>no obama
>no minorities
>no corporations
>no censorship
damn, the internet was pure dumb fun, nowadays i get banned from every discord, online game or social media just for saying nigger, like normies and niggers don't know how to separate real life from internet, now the internet is like sort of an ID like on 1984 or some shit like that

>real computer nerd autists like myself used ICQ in early internet days
Everyone used ICQ outside US. I've got like a dozen 6-digits from other schmucks and resold them later.

the ananomity was the best part of early internet. all the chat rooms and early message boards never IP banned or mad you sign up for screen names trolling was so much fun to me as a kid lol it kinda came for me at the perfect time when i needed a fix of annoying the fuck out of people after caller ID ruined my pre-internet favorite pas ttime of prank calling people all day.

>ananomity
lol god i cant spell, anonymity!

What was the last year that felt "real" to you?

Attached: 1585525501852.jpg (194x259, 7.71K)

remember guest books? i used to find random ones and just write the most racist shit imaginable on peoples personal websites lol

Ya know old sites that stay around usually change the layout and design, at least 4ch still keeps most of its roots from its original

Attached: 7dtuzpeemhk81.jpg (2048x1144, 386.79K)

I love minimalistic text-dense site design.

Attached: videogames in 1995.jpg (1092x2148, 630.23K)

This year because I'm not stuck in the past anymore and have some exciting stuff going on in my life.

05-10 because it also had all of the stuff of the previous years too

who else remembers Usenet newsgroups? those used to be the best early message boards they used to have one for pretty much anything you were into which was nice to have in those days when the internet didnt have much places to discuss ultra specific things for every little autistic thing you were into

Attached: newsgroup.gif (1024x741, 64.82K)

but it also had the cancer of the subsequent years too

>breaking bad came out in 2008

my mind refuses to believe this

youtube.com/watch?v=gsNaR6FRuO0
I MISS IT BROS!

man this takes me back to those vicky videos

youtube.com/watch?v=Bxg_9nC757Y
holy fucking hell how did my life pass me by already?

like what?

my card game used to have this usenet that was somewhat accessible in our school internet. used to post lots of shit there before my exam and i'd access them lol

back in those days you had to actually have computer knowledge to use the internet, so the average conversation was higher quality

it feels like just yesterday when the internet was this new and exciting thing. fuckin Windows 95... fuck.. so much soul.. we didnt know how good we had it

The hysteria around the word "nigger" is so interesting to me, it's gotten to the point where no one can say it, ever, anywhere, in any context. It's the only such word in the English language. It's like those tribes in polynesia that come up with "taboo" words that will curse everyone collectively for saying them. Even janny trannies here will ban you for saying it now, no matter the context.

>shitty content = soul

I mean, Dexter came out in 2006.

Getting married, buying a house, having a child, making a lot of money. I was NEET for about a decade and would almost cry when thinking about the good old days, but I'm over it now.

>Realplayer has to download new software to play this clip