It truly was the end of an era

It truly was the end of an era.

The ending of LotR fills me with melancholy

Attached: 04348349.jpg (1280x720, 102.14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/u1rKYmVig5A
youtube.com/watch?v=l_fpGRshI8I
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and yet you still can't understand that you're the reason society is collapsing

I miss this lil' hobb like you wouldn't believe

I will always reply to LOTR threads. Probably the most kino movies to exist

I wish the Hobbit films were better. Hobbits are too pure of a race

Attached: 0373847243.jpg (767x384, 65.89K)

i cry every time and i'll never pretend i don't. they're the greatest movies of all time. when i die of cancer they're the last movies i'm watching

Other than the elf romance subplot on the first Hobbit movie, I thought it was overall fine. When they get to Laketown and it's somehow multikulti, I knew it was a signal.

These movies are 20+ years old, get over it boomer

Pretty much. It's about bravery, friendship, and and honor. I think that if you raise a kid and give him things like Redwall or Deltora Quest for books, and show them pieces of media like LotR, they will naturally become good.

i read only one Redwall book and i turned out pretty good. through all the family shit and shouting i could just lose my head in that book. you might be on to something
speaking of which are they still making that Redwall show?

No clue about that. A Christian video game company made one episode of a Telltale-esque series for it but I think they haven't made any more.

that was awhile back i heard about a show so it's probably ruined by now. we can wish though. i just want mice with swords

Attached: 1625352046327.jpg (1516x2325, 3.98M)

This is that sort of "pure" media that passes on virtue and is actually good for kids. I recommend it to every person who has kids that I know.

should be mandatory to ground kids with books

youtu.be/u1rKYmVig5A

tbqh if I was invited to Valinor I would have a smug look on my face

Attached: 1647984713681.jpg (480x480, 44.86K)

Who wouldnt

Fpbp

>we will never get a good (official) piece of LotR media again

Attached: 1619058347597.gif (500x206, 903.83K)

Only for the first movie.

It was all one film just divided in three parts because of the length

The last good movies ever made.

It was interesting to hear in the DVD extras that they actually shot this scene very early on in production. Shows how great they are as actors. You’d think they would shoot this towards the end so they could capture their authentic feelings about the production coming to an end.

They did so well with casting in these movies it’s kind of crazy.

(Oh and they also had to shoot it multiple times. Samwise forgot part of his costume the first time, then the second set of takes got fucked up somehow)

My LOTR folder is thick and its memes are broad

Attached: 1594892712960.jpg (400x429, 26.61K)

>lotr, potc, matrix, star wars
>the wire, firefly, scrubs, tpb
It's over, bros...

Attached: hso6nzu8b0q51.png (1280x703, 1.33M)

i wonder how much of Sam's semen they had to pump outta Frodo's stomach

>They did so well with casting in these movies
lol no, not compared to the books. The casting is pretty bad actually

>ifunny
Your folder is dreck.

No, it's just that your opinion is wrong because you have shit taste.

is dreck some kind of Dark Elf slang?

Attached: 1563561293160.jpg (512x512, 17.78K)

Why did Denethor hate his son Faramir so much?

I love the books and read them (or rather, had them read to me) before seeing the movie, so at first I was not too impressed by the casting because it didn’t align with the way the characters looked in my head. I’ve read the books a few times since then and I can’t recall any major differences in the description of the characters appearances vs in the movie, but I’m sure they exist. I say that the casting was great because they all nailed their performances and never felt out of place

The only one that stands out to me is the portrayal of Denethor. Book Denethor was still fucked up but he had more gravitas or whatever you call it.

I generally do not cry at much and the ending to all three of these fucking movies bring me to tears.

"So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that has given us."

"Folk in those stories had lots of chances of turning back only they didn’t.
Because they were holding on to something."

"What are we holding on to, Sam?"

"That there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for."

that ending was bittersweet bros

>Redwall
>go on Wikipedia
>see this
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: NOOO.png (1098x176, 14.04K)

I'm glad I lived to see one of the great artistic achievements of mankind

Attached: HD-wallpaper-lord-of-the-rings-beautiful-bilbo-fellowship-of-the-rings-frodo-gandalf-lotr-middle-earth-screencaps-smoke-rings-tolkien.jpg (800x1421, 146.91K)

the whole film looks great but that second shot is incredible, gets me every time

WHAT CAN YOU SEE ON THE HORIZON?

Attached: 1536910024780.png (712x802, 323.03K)

Lord of the rings has soo much soul

Attached: 2224462.jpg (1400x933, 202.34K)

To bad the blue ray discs had to ruin it

Attached: axaaYYypr8Pm9L6-2fc4SwlZRFh10ajjA9_k4VYBhZY.jpg (640x596, 80.23K)

Who's the guy on the left?

Gimli you dumb fuck

>NOT PENNYS BOAT

love that late 90s fashion carried over into the early 2000s.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 118.53K)

How do they do this? What part of them looks at wonderful, brave things and thinks "let's remake it with our values"?

Things like this will never ever happen again.
The age of cinema is legit over

Attached: hfb9b2vpw6881.jpg (544x615, 88.54K)

Frodo knew exactly what he was doing. He let himself get stabbed on purpose and only took on the journey because he knew it would get him to Valinor. Now that sneaky little shit gets to have all the valar and elf pussy he wants because to them he is exotic.

Attached: The.Lord.of.the.Rings.The.Fellowship.of.the.Ring.2001.DISC1-FGT.mkv_snapshot_00.10.52.537.jpg (3840x2160, 638.25K)

>one of the great artistic achievements of mankind
Fucking lel

I legit believe that
Watching the making of the lord of the rings movies is soo fucking interesting

Attached: 1589349734654.gif (184x141, 1023.73K)

The pizza delivery guy.

>Gimli is the tallest
My world view has been shattered

Pure soul, we need to go back

Attached: LOTR Gandalf blue hat.jpg (500x492, 49.12K)

>tfw no 7' elf dommy mommies who'll gladly fuck you because they've never seen a hobbit before
Why even live?

youtube.com/watch?v=l_fpGRshI8I

Attached: 3.50 The Journey to the Grey Havens LotR Score Analysis - YouTube.png (854x480, 583.22K)

some dads just hate their kids

the new 4k releases fix this

>when i die of cancer
No. The journey doesn't end here.

Fuck off. Frodo suffered from MASSIVE PTSD. This was this first time post-Mordor that he truly smiled. He was never right and continued to suffer. That smile meant his burden had finally lifted.

>filtered

I'm dying to get the 4k set, but there's another mega-set on the horizon with that promised cut footage that has been held back for years. I don't need it edited back in, just under a deleted scenes section is fine.

Were the female elves really that liberated?

THE ETERNAL KINO